Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #151
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laumau View Post

Are your little cuties wearing lanyards in your avatar? Do they enjoy trading pins? I ordered lanyards from Disney shopping- one for me, and two for my older girls. They were half price- under five dollars each and came with two pins. I think the pin trading might be fun! I think/hope the lanyards are a convenient way to carry the tickets.
Yep! They decided they wanted to do the pin thing on this last trip. So I got the lanyards and a few pins each before we left. They had so much fun trading with the cast members!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #152
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Good morning!!!

Actually, it's 11.44pm here in Australia, but I guess that's close enough to the morning!

Still no hours...

But on the bright side... we're all going to Disney World in January!!!

Good morning Aussie! Or should I say goodnight???

Yep, only 6 months to go until we are all in the Happiest Place on Earth!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #153
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
About the water parks -
Last time, we went in August and it was HOT. We did the Water Parks & More option, and even then didn't really have time for it. Unless you're going to go at least twice, it's cheaper just to pay the daily rate at the water park.
Yeah, we only get the Park Hoppers and Water Park tickets if they come free with the pacakge now. We paid for all that stuff on the fist trip and never used it.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #154
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miabellarose View Post
Are the EMH worth it in January? Or is it too crowded still? I've read that the evening EMH are still too busy, but wasn't sure if that still applied to January crowds. Also, in January, I understand the morning EMH is an hour earlier, but is the evening EMH still three hours later or just an hour after closing?

That's a good question. On our first trip we took advantage of a lot of EMH's and it was so crowded that we've never done it again. We avoid whichever park has them now. But I'm not sure how that plays out in January. I think whatever park has them will still be the busiest park that day, I just don't know how busy.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #155
EVE700
Earning My Ears

I love going in January. I have a January trip planned for 2009. And I'm a big fan of EMH, especially mornings. The thing about the mornings is that you have to get there early enough to be in front at rope drop. Do all the attractions you want, then as soon as the park officially opens, head to another park!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #156
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Considering a trip in early January, so just subscribing!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #157
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVE700 View Post
I love going in January. I have a January trip planned for 2009. And I'm a big fan of EMH, especially mornings. The thing about the mornings is that you have to get there early enough to be in front at rope drop. Do all the attractions you want, then as soon as the park officially opens, head to another park!
Welcome EVE! That's a great idea to go to the EMH park and then leave and go to another park! Unfortunately I know my family doesn't have that kind of energy when we are on vacation!!

What are your January dates?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #158
Laumau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVE700 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenick1 View Post
Welcome!!

The Mau Ohana Me, DH, DD (12), DD(10), DS (6), DD (4)
Old 07-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #159
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenick1 View Post

Let us know when you decide! We'll be here if you want to chat!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #160
SplashMtnCrew
DIS Veteran

I just booked and paid the deposit on our WL club level stay Jan18-24
That means it's official!

I just had to share that with my Snowbird friends

Now what about those ADR's at 90 days instead of 180?

And to all the new January Snowbirds
CSR 11/2008, Poly~ Club Level 1/2009, POFQ 5/2010 & 10/2010, POP 10/2011, CBR 2/2013, POP 7/2014

Old 07-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #161
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Congrats on booking SplashMtn!

Did you happen to ask about the ADR thing when you were talking to them???
Old 07-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #162
EVE700
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the welcomes!

I'm going the week of January 12. Leaving before MLK weekend. I'm hoping for cool weather and minimal crowds.

Somehow I wind up with super-human energy when I'm at WDW. I constantly park-hop, often visiting several parks in one day. I'm crazy, I know. LOL
Old 07-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #163
meggybear17
Knows she never says anything interesting enough for the Tag Fairy to recognize!

Hello all! DH and I are booked for Orlando from Jan 25th to Feb 3rd. The first 2 nights will be at Universal Studios (the horror!) and for now we are booked at POP. If a great deal comes out we would like to try for CS or AKL.

We've never been before in January either! We won't be getting the water parks and more option (especially since pleasure island will be non existant) but would like park hoppers.

We want the deluxe dining plan (if offered) and since this trip is a reschedule (we were supposed to go in Sept) I already know where we want to eat!

1. mama melrose lunch
2. CA Grill dinner
3. Liberty Tree lunch
4. Jikos dinner
5. Tutto Italia Lunch
6. Hoope De Doo Review dinner
7. Yak/Yeti lunch
8. raglan rd dinner
9. brown derby lunch
10. la cellier dinner
11. o'hana breakfast
12. narcoosees dinner
13. chefs de france lunch
14. artist point dinner

Past trips:
June 2013: 4 nights Contemporary for little dude's 3rd Bday!
Nov/Dec 2012-1 night AofA, 8 nights AKV, 1 night BWV
Sept 2012 2 nights OKW and one night BLT
10/11: All Star Movies 8 days free dining! Baby's first trip
1/2009: AKL 8 days
9/2007: POR 9 days with free dining!
7/2003: Offsite (private pool house) 7 days
6/2001: All Star Sports 5 Days
7/2000: One day whirlwind trip while visiting relatives
4/1996: Boardwalk Inn 5 Days
4/1994: Poly 5 Days
1983-1990 Annual day trips to Magic Kingdom as a child
Old 07-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #164
sixisenough
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
That's a good question. On our first trip we took advantage of a lot of EMH's and it was so crowded that we've never done it again. We avoid whichever park has them now. But I'm not sure how that plays out in January. I think whatever park has them will still be the busiest park that day, I just don't know how busy.

Good morning Snowbirds!!! Our first night last year, we had to alter our plans due to our plane being delayed from icy Illinois, so we ended up going to MK late for evening EMH's that were starting at 7pm. We got bracelets and ended up surpirsingly having a great night (open till 11pm that night). We grabbed some counter service at Cosmic Rays (dining plan), which was good amount of food, and our first stop was to Dumbo , and amazingly we waited 20 min, so we got that out of the way first thing It was my MIL's first trip, so we headed to Small World, since that seems to be the icon of MK. They have updated, but you have had enough of the song by the time you get out. We rode a few more rides and then watched the amazing fireworks My girls were going crazy over Tinkerbell!! And we were all wearing T-shirts still, such a great change from winter in Illinois. We then headed to bus stop to Pop. It was the only downfall of night, it is the farthest stop, and we had a 18 month old and 3 year old to carry , and we waited nearly an hour. Our plan was to use strollers in park and avoid lugging our stroller on and off the busses, but that really wore my husband and I out. Needless to say we all slept very well that night and could not wait for our next magical day

We used EMH at AK (my fav park ) one morning, and waited for opening at Epcot one morning which was cool and took advantage of evening hours at Epcot. The kids got to ride Test Track 3 X's!! Be prepared to go and get your fast pass for Soarin right away, by afternoon they are sold out even in slow months due to popularity. We only got to ride once, but I can't wait to go back. It is incredible!!

Sorry, I wrote so much, it got me excited again reliving the memories!!!

Can anyone tell me how to post a picture? I would love to show you some pictures from last winter. It seems difficult to do.

Time to go work, Have a great day snowbirds
Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #165
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your story Six!

I agree about Soarin! That has to be the most awesome ride ever!! We always head straight there when we open Epcot! Then run the whole way across Future World to Test Track!

To post pictures you need to open an account on a photo website ( I use photobucket - it's free!) and then upload your pics to there. Then you can copy and paste the link for the picture you want to post to your post here. Can't wait to see your pics!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: