Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #1501
eacatwork
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I see you are from State College. My DH just attended 2 weeks of work training there in June. He stayed at a hotel in Williamsburg Square. The kids and I joined him on the weekend! Very nice place!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
So . . . I spent the day at Hershey Park today with my son, husband and other family.

I don't know if any of you have been there or not. We go frequently, as we are only about 20 minutes away.
Where in PA are you both located? As Momof2 noted (and as it appears in my siggy), I am in State College...pretty much dead center in PA...Centre County as a matter of fact! I am a Penn Stater - I work for Penn State and as of this coming Saturday afternoon, I will also be a graduate (M.Ed.).

WDW October 1980 w/parents offsite
WDW May 1981 w/parents & brother-in-utero offsite (Mom said, "Baby doesn't like these teacups!!!")
WDW May 2001 w/parents & brother @ POR
WDW October 2007 w/DH for 5th Anniversary @ WL
WDW October 2009 w/DH, parents, brother, and SIL @ POR
WDW May 2011 w/best friend @ All-Star Sports
WDW Spring 2015 w/parents, brother, SIL, and niece @TBD
DH Chris (40) Me (37) DDog Oscar (12)
Old 08-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #1502
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacatwork View Post
I am a Penn Stater - I work for Penn State and as of this coming Saturday afternoon, I will also be a graduate (M.Ed.).
Congratulations!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #1503
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

I'm in south central PA. Just outside of Harrisburg, actually.

I also am a Penn State Grad. I earned my M. Ed. from Penn State, Harrisburg in 2003.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #1504
emh1129
I admit, though, that I had Disney-tunnel-vision
Had a fish named mushroom
Most of the people here are completely clueless

Shelly- I think it was you who mentioned that you had set up the diver at Coral Reef. Were you able to do that? I was told that they are not taking any requests for 2009. Just curious if everyone has had the same response.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #1505
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emh1129 View Post
Is anyone else having a really tough time with their itinerary?
The whole thing is giving me a headache. Which days to go to which park? Avoid EMHs or aim for them? Ugh.
Plus, the night I'd like to see Spectro is the night we're in Epcot with LeCellier ADRs. I think I've made a whole big mess out of our itinerary
Ditto - my head hurts too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneygirls View Post
I know how you feel!! I finally just went by whatever dates Spectro and Fantasmic were.....changed my ADRs accordingly....and gave up! Whatever happens now, happens, and we will have fun no matter what!!! I am, however, keeping my fingers crossed from Park Hopping upgrades....
You're not the only one hoping for the upgrades, and feeling the frustration - I purged myself by doing a big long post on my pre-trip report - It helped me figure out what I really WANTED to do, but not what I SHOULD do - AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I thought WDW Planning was meant to be FUN????

If you'd like to help me sort of my dilemma - please read here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26857891#post26857891 It's mainly concerning what I should do for our anniversary dinner - Trying to sort out which will be best for us, (esp DH who may well have had enough of the Disney 'magic' - read waiting in lines, or watching parades - by now)

As for being a Snow Bunny... hmmmm... If I was leaving today then I would definately qualify. I have woolly socks and a woolly cardigan on, and am seriously considering 'borrowing' my DH's beanie to keep my head warm. Or I could turn on the heating..... . But then I'd be warm and comfy and spend another hour checking out the DIS - not good. Nope, I shall be STRONG , if only I could remember how to operate the washing machine

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
Old 08-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #1506
disneyag08
Earning My Ears

I'm going in January too! This is my 10th time to WDW and for the past 5 years I've managed to go once. However, the Jan. trip will be a magical first because my cousins who are 3 and 4 will be going for the very first time! I cannot wait to see their faces.

My family is traveling Jan 15-20 and will be staying at Polynesian. I know this overlaps with MLK weekend and I'm crossing my fingers that it won't be too crowded. My mom and uncle are school teachers so this was the best time to travel for them.

As of now we are eating at Chef Mickey's (which will be a first for me),Liberty Tree Tavern, Sci-Fi, and the Japan restraunt at EPCOT.

I'm also hoping that the Pirate Princess Party dates will fall on our weekend there. Has anyone heard the latest???

I'm ooohhhh so excited and would love any advice or ideas you have!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:25 AM   #1507
SplashMtnCrew
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Snowbirds!

Disneyag08

Haven't heard about the P&P parties But I'm hoping! The P&P party is terrific! We were at the first party for 2008, actually fell on MLK day, the crowds were easy. We weren't able to see the parade because we waited in line for almost 2hrs for DS to meet Jack Sparrow. Loved the fireworks, I highly recommend those, some of the best fireworks Disney's done IMO.

You will love Chef Mickey's and your cousins will too, it's great, they do a super job there!
CSR 11/2008, Poly~ Club Level 1/2009, POFQ 5/2010 & 10/2010, POP Century 10/2011, CBR 2/2013

Old 08-12-2008, 06:39 AM   #1508
cheshireqt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinoz View Post
Ditto - my head hurts too

You're not the only one hoping for the upgrades, and feeling the frustration - I purged myself by doing a big long post on my pre-trip report - It helped me figure out what I really WANTED to do, but not what I SHOULD do - AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I thought WDW Planning was meant to be FUN????

If you'd like to help me sort of my dilemma - please read here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26857891#post26857891 It's mainly concerning what I should do for our anniversary dinner - Trying to sort out which will be best for us, (esp DH who may well have had enough of the Disney 'magic' - read waiting in lines, or watching parades - by now)

As for being a Snow Bunny... hmmmm... If I was leaving today then I would definately qualify. I have woolly socks and a woolly cardigan on, and am seriously considering 'borrowing' my DH's beanie to keep my head warm. Or I could turn on the heating..... . But then I'd be warm and comfy and spend another hour checking out the DIS - not good. Nope, I shall be STRONG , if only I could remember how to operate the washing machine

I know what you all mean. Scoured the web for possible codes/discounts. Best I could find was that some people may get them on the 14th. Worked on ADRs and had that all sorted out last night. When to see F! and when to see Spectro made everything hard. Proudly showed it to Hubby before making THE call and he made a very innocent comment about rain dates (which I had thought of) and whether one evening in DTD was really enough as he and the kids love DisneyQuest and it is a great thing to do on a rainy night. Soooooo I rearranged one ADR which meant another day got messed up and next thing you know the whole thing was a mess again. Hoping to make the ADR call this week. Also still have not settled which resort either. I think I need a fairy godmother about now.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #1509
eacatwork
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
Congratulations!
Quote:
I also am a Penn State Grad. I earned my M. Ed. from Penn State, Harrisburg in 2003.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
Haven't heard about the P&P parties But I'm hoping! The P&P party is terrific!
Thanks, trixiequilts! I'm so excited!!!

Mindy...WE ARE!

Splash...I'm hoping for a P&P party while I'm visiting. That's partially why I haven't booked any ADRs yet. That, and I'm wondering if I should just to QS meals while I'm there and save the TS meals for when I'm with my family next October.

WDW October 1980 w/parents offsite
WDW May 1981 w/parents & brother-in-utero offsite (Mom said, "Baby doesn't like these teacups!!!")
WDW May 2001 w/parents & brother @ POR
WDW October 2007 w/DH for 5th Anniversary @ WL
WDW October 2009 w/DH, parents, brother, and SIL @ POR
WDW May 2011 w/best friend @ All-Star Sports
WDW Spring 2015 w/parents, brother, SIL, and niece @TBD
DH Chris (40) Me (37) DDog Oscar (12)
Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #1510
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
You are both right, we are very excited about going to the WL, always were! And now Mama Snowbird Shelly doesn't have to change any adr's either

Jan 18-24, I thought about having the ta check the day before/after but that was too many adr's to juggle and we had gotten the times and dates we requested for all of them from the itinerary planning office with no trouble, so why mess with perfection?
WL concierge? Maybe we'll meeting in the lounge!
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #1511
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

Good morning everyone. I am waiting patiently for the annual pass rates to come out for January. We have a 1BR value booked at AKV for Jan 4-8 but the room was not available after that so I need to book 2 nights somewhere else. (8th and 9th). Our train departs Saturday the 10th at 4pm.

There is something wonderful about waking up in NJ in August with the windows open and it is chilly

Andrea
Old 08-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #1512
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Yay!! I just made another ADR!

I was typing out all our ADR details and confirmation numbers, when it dawned on me that we seem to be eating a lot at Roaring Fork, and we had room for another breakfast ADR!

I'd always fancied Chef Mickeys... so I called up and made a late breakfast ADR at Chef Mickeys on our day off morning! We can sleep in, catch the boat over to Contemporary, and eat at Chef Mickeys! Yay!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #1513
MissMagnolia
DIS Veteran

MindyluvsMickey:

We have been to Hershey Park and it really doesn't compare to WDW. I think WDW has spoiled me for every other amusement park.

Past DL visits & Past Off-Site WDW Visits:
Disneyland, CA x3, WDW - Embassy Suites x2, WDW - rental home
Past On-Site WDW Visits:
All-Star Movies x2, Caribbean Beach Resort , Pop Century , Beach Club , All-Star Sports , Polynesian , Upcoming: Port Orleans-Riverside

Old 08-12-2008, 10:15 AM   #1514
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just leave some 'junk mail' in the box for him to get when he gets off the bus, that way it will seem 'normal' to him
Great idea Splash!

Quote:
So . . . I spent the day at Hershey Park today with my son, husband and other family.

I don't know if any of you have been there or not. We go frequently, as we are only about 20 minutes away. It really got me thinking about how much I want to get back to Disney.

Hershey is a nice park with lots of thrill rides but it is packed with rude people and rude employees. It rained a good bit and they completely shut all of the rides down. Everything is exposed to the elements.

I hate to put Hershey down. When it comes down to it, it is a nice family park with a nice variety but it's no Disney.
We've been to Hershey Park several times. I never really cared for it. I don't know what it is, I don't like the layout or something. We actually usually skip it anymore when we go to Hershey.

I don't know, I guess Disney has made us park snobs and ruined everything else for us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacatwork View Post
Where in PA are you both located? As Momof2 noted (and as it appears in my siggy), I am in State College...pretty much dead center in PA...Centre County as a matter of fact!
I am just north of Pittsburgh, about 2 1/2 hours from State College!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emh1129 View Post
Shelly- I think it was you who mentioned that you had set up the diver at Coral Reef. Were you able to do that? I was told that they are not taking any requests for 2009. Just curious if everyone has had the same response.
Actually I did that in 2007. That stinks that they aren't doing it next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyag08 View Post
I'm going in January too! This is my 10th time to WDW and for the past 5 years I've managed to go once. However, the Jan. trip will be a magical first because my cousins who are 3 and 4 will be going for the very first time! I cannot wait to see their faces.

My family is traveling Jan 15-20 and will be staying at Polynesian. I know this overlaps with MLK weekend and I'm crossing my fingers that it won't be too crowded. My mom and uncle are school teachers so this was the best time to travel for them.
WELCOME to the Snowbirds! I will get you added to the list! How exciting for your cousins first trip!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #1515
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:

I don't know if any of you have been there or not. We go frequently, as we are only about 20 minutes away. It really got me thinking about how much I want to get back to Disney.

Hershey is a nice park with lots of thrill rides but it is packed with rude people and rude employees. It rained a good bit and they completely shut all of the rides down. Everything is exposed to the elements.

I hate to put Hershey down. When it comes down to it, it is a nice family park with a nice variety but it's no Disney.
Agreed - we went once during the Christmas party and it was lovely and all decorated, but it's WAY too hilly! The rides are very typical if you're not a coaster fan. There's just not enough to do if you don't like the thrill stuff. We live about 30 minutes from Lancaster to the east and we LOVE Dutch Wonderland, although the kids are too old for it now. Love the atmosphere and the people. Go during the week and about a third of the kids at the park are Amish or Mennonite, so it's a very calm feeling - no pushing, shoving or rudeness. Weekends, another story

Hershey's chocolate is the best! But the park isn't worth the drive for us.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: