Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

Checking in to Poly this Saturday!

Anyone else going to the Poly this Saturday? I am so excited I can't stand it! I have been walking around with this big smile on my face and just talking a mile a minute to anyone that will listen. LOL! I called my daughter this am to talk to her about it as she is going with me. In the middle of the conversation she asked if I had taken an energy pill or something because I sound so wired. LOL! So clothes aren't packed yet but costumes are. Anyone else excited?
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
swald91
DIS Veteran

Wish I could say I was going! I love it there!!!!! Have a great trip!! Looking to possibly go in Jan. & I can't seem to look anywhere but the Poly!!

Grand Floridian first time in November!
Polynesian(CL) Dixie Landings & Wilderness Lodge
>>>> BEGIN SHAMROCK IMG CODE <<<<

<<<< END SHAMROCK IMG CODE >>>>>
Thanks BCV23!!!! (And MsStinkerbelle for your help!!)
swald91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
lillykat
DIS Veteran

we are checking in Sat too
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
lillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
Rhode Island Quahog
Tink, Pooh, and Stitch fan. Proud and Happy Bay Lake Tower DVC Owner!

We check in Friday...can't wait. Also still not packed, but working on it!
Rhode Island Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
loopner67
The addiction grows daily.

We're going this Saturday, but staying at the BC! I hope we both have fantastic trips and that it's not too hot!

2004 at Riverside - first time w/my boys, March 2006 at WL, April 2007 at WL, Sept/Oct '08 at BC.
Bouncing back to WL in September 2009!

loopner67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
wdwluver
DIS Veteran

I've got a while to go, but I'm happy for you

Last minute Turkey Day trip, 11-19-23

wdwluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
estrunk76
Earning My Ears

Me too!

We leave on Sunday staying at POR. I've been obsessing about the weather and what to pack or not pack. Our first trip and I can't wait!! Maybe I will see you guys there.
estrunk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #8
lsytman
Mouseketeer

boo hoo.. ..you guys are making me sad.....we just returned on 9/12 from our 6 night stay at the Poly!!!!!!!!! I want to go back........

just kidding of course, have a wonderful trip and say hello to Mickey from me!
ASMu July, 2004
CBR August, 2007
CSR August, 2007
POLY Sept., 2008
POR Aug. 2009

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/vyau8tdfxcvgxt3n.png[/img]
lsytman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #9
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
Anyone else going to the Poly this Saturday? I am so excited I can't stand it! I have been walking around with this big smile on my face and just talking a mile a minute to anyone that will listen. LOL! I called my daughter this am to talk to her about it as she is going with me. In the middle of the conversation she asked if I had taken an energy pill or something because I sound so wired. LOL! So clothes aren't packed yet but costumes are. Anyone else excited?

Have a great trip. The Poly is our second favorite resort! Enjoy.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:46 AM   #10
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
We just returned from the Poly last Sat. and I'm so grateful we decided to stay at, what I think, is the most "peaceful" resort on the Disney property. Our trip (also with daughter and her family) was not what we'd orginally planned it to be. We changed our flight late Thursday, 9/11, to leave at 7:40 AM instead of 1:30 PM on Friday, narrowly escaping the shut down of the Houston airport due to Hurricane Ike. DH, as a county official and emergency management member, had to stay behind (he did manage to get a flight out on Monday and was able to enjoy 5 days with us). While we were happy to be at WDW and the Poly, our hearts were back in Texas with our family and friends. Talked to DH around 9 PM on Friday as he was making final preparations for the arrival of tropical storm winds in our small town about 60 miles west of Houston. He promised to call me again as soon as he got a few minutes to do so. I kept my cell phone by my bed all night as I watched the NOW network and it's broadcast of the Houston ABC station all night. I'd sleep 30 minutes and wake up to watch the hurricane coverage before falling asleep again. Needless to say it was a long evening and to make matters worse .... it was NOON on Sat. before DH had a chance to call!! Spent most of Sat. on the phone checking with family and friends. Thank the Lord, we sustained minimal damage in our community but the pictures of the Galveston/Houston area just broke our hearts. We did all the things we'd planned to do and 6 & 2 year old granddaughters had the grandest time but the Poly became my sanctuary. With it's many "quiet" areas I had lots of time for quiet thoughts and prayers. Not exactly the vacation we had planned but one we'll certainly never forget! Hope YOUR stay at the beautiful Poly is an "uneventful" one!!!
goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #11
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I have 4 months to go, but I am excited!!! Get that laundry going girl!!! Enjoy your trip and the Halloween fun!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: