Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?
EPCOT 4 13.79%
Hollywood Studios 1 3.45%
Magic Kingdom 24 82.76%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2008, 07:28 AM   #121
mommyof2princesses
Being mom to 2 princessess is a lot of work!

They look so happy with everything they received! The outfits came out great! I love the way Clay looks at his shirts! He looks so excited!

2/2014 Boardwalk Girls only!12/2013 POFQ FD1/29/12 POFQ FD POP 1/11 FD! Disneyland 4/10 POFQ 9/09 FD
AKL 9/08 POFQ 9/07 FD POFQ 9/06 FDg POFQ 10/05 Kids first trip!
Off property Honeymoon Trip 12/00 Off property 4/82 My first trip!
http://myrunningshoeisaglasssliper.blogspot.com/
Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #122
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

i am so happy to tune in this morning and see so many smiling faces! The kids all look great in their new outfits! The pirate, peter, minnie and the wish tees are all wonderful! This really is the best way to wake up in the morning.

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful pictures and making my day start off right! i bet the kids are getting so super excited!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #123
bex271
Mouseketeer

that is such an awesome twirly skirt and it looks wonderful on her. The ladies of the disboutique are very talented. Y'all don't have much longer before Clay and Shay Lynne can model their outfits for all the characters.

becca
Old 07-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #124
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
I LOVE that pirate Mickey outfit! (So would my boys ) And I happen to know that some very cute stuff is coming soon for Shay Lynne!
I see what you meant now!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaZoe View Post
I'm glad he likes the clothes (oops, I almost called it an outfit ). I don't often get a chance to do clothes for boys so this was a great opportunity to try something new.

You know a skirt is a success when the twirling begins. Hopefully Shay Lynne didn't get too dizzy.

(See Denise, it's not tacky or over the top. )

Isn't that one of the coolest tees ever!?! I've already warned Heather that I'm going to try to do something like it.
How funny! I always call his clothes outfits, too...so now that's what Clay calls them. We just get corrected by his dad!! I think it's so neat how y'all share ideas. I couldn't copy anything like that if my life depended on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
I am positively beaming! Thank you so much for posting all of those pictures!!!! I'm so glad Clay likes his shirt! He is SUCH a cute kid! It just does something good for my heart to see him modeling a shirt I made him!

Shay Lynne looks gorgeous in her spinny Minnie skirt!!! That is one of my all-time favorites!! She's such a pretty girl and she makes a wonderful model!

I absolutely love the picture of Clay standing on the toilet "checking his look in the mirror" That pirate Mickey applique is awesome, as is everything LisaZoe creates!!

How awesome is Sally for making everyone matching t-shirts!? Wow Sally!! Yes, it's absolutely the standard that you post the best picture of yourself, no matter how goofy your children may look (and they don't look goofy anyway)!

If you can't sew at all, you could just try ironing the goofys on and just hope for the best!

The limit for pictures and smileys in one post is 25. Not that I've ever exceeded that or anything. But, you can post 1000 pictures if you just break them up into 25 picture posts.
I will continue to post as many pics as I can because I want you all to see their reactions and how much they are truly loving all of this special treatment!! I can get my mom to help me with the Goofys!! She does sew--I just didn't inherit any of her skill. She doesn't sew anything like you all do, mind you, but I know she can help me with that! Thank you for filling me in on the picture-posting rules, too! Oh, and I'm glad someone understands about the choosing pics that I look best in!!! LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2princesses View Post
They look so happy with everything they received! The outfits came out great! I love the way Clay looks at his shirts! He looks so excited!
He was--so, so excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
i am so happy to tune in this morning and see so many smiling faces! The kids all look great in their new outfits! The pirate, peter, minnie and the wish tees are all wonderful! This really is the best way to wake up in the morning.

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful pictures and making my day start off right! i bet the kids are getting so super excited!
It is my pleasure to share as much as I possibly can of their reactions to all the pixie dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex271 View Post
that is such an awesome twirly skirt and it looks wonderful on her. The ladies of the disboutique are very talented. Y'all don't have much longer before Clay and Shay Lynne can model their outfits for all the characters.

becca
You are so right--ELEVEN DAYS now!!! I can hardly believe it!!! Thank you for being happy for us!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #125
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Hello - and all I can say is WOW!!! Those outfits/clothes/garments are WONDERFUL!!! I'll admit that I followed one of the DISboutiquer links that had been posted, just to see the sort of fantastic creations over there, and spotted picutres of bot the Peter Pan shirt and the matching t-shirts, before they were sent out. I thought the Peter Pan shirt was absolutely gorgeous - and what fun to have matching custom tshirts that ID you as a Wish/GKTW family.

Again, I'm am bowled over by the talent and generosity of the DISboutiquers!

Have you started packing yet?!?

Alison
Old 07-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #126
Clutterbug
Mouseketeer

What great pictures! I've been meaning to come check your report all week (because I knew you'd be getting some GREAT mail this week)!! I love all the pictures and they all look so thrilled with their customs! Aren't these ladies talented??
Old 07-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #127
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum View Post
Hello - and all I can say is WOW!!! Those outfits/clothes/garments are WONDERFUL!!! I'll admit that I followed one of the DISboutiquer links that had been posted, just to see the sort of fantastic creations over there, and spotted picutres of bot the Peter Pan shirt and the matching t-shirts, before they were sent out. I thought the Peter Pan shirt was absolutely gorgeous - and what fun to have matching custom tshirts that ID you as a Wish/GKTW family.

Again, I'm am bowled over by the talent and generosity of the DISboutiquers!

Have you started packing yet?!?

Alison
Aren't they amazing?? I hope they let me know when I can get back on their thread. I absolutely love seeing all their unique creations...and to actually be the recipients! It is truly amazing.

I have not started packing yet!! I am terrible! I dread it, and the whole time I'm packing I'm worrying about the dreaded task of unpacking! But we'll get around to it, I guess late next week. I can't believe we are leaving one week from Tuesday!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutterbug View Post
What great pictures! I've been meaning to come check your report all week (because I knew you'd be getting some GREAT mail this week)!! I love all the pictures and they all look so thrilled with their customs! Aren't these ladies talented??
I bet it's fun to know what's being sent to the families, and then to see the kids actually trying everything on! I was loving that for Isabelle, then Hannah and Logan for a while until I got banned! All of you are beyond talented!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #128
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

By the way...

Have you seen my dorky poll? If so, please take part in it if you haven't already!! A few days ago I saw the link to "create a poll" and thought "Hmmm, wonder what that would be like...". So I created the stupid thing and now I can't get it off!!! Does anyone know how? I must admit, however, that it is interesting to see everyone's favorites. I knew MK would win! What surprises me is that no one has voted for Animal Kingdom, and that is where we were planning to spend a full day! It makes me wonder if I should change our itinerary.... We were planning to spend a whole day at both MK and AK, then divide the third day between EPCOT and DHS. Is this a mistake?

Anyway, since I have to keep looking at my annoying poll (), please vote if you are reading this so that I can feel like it is serving a purpose!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #129
jham
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
Have you seen my dorky poll? If so, please take part in it if you haven't already!! A few days ago I saw the link to "create a poll" and thought "Hmmm, wonder what that would be like...". So I created the stupid thing and now I can't get it off!!! Does anyone know how? I must admit, however, that it is interesting to see everyone's favorites. I knew MK would win! What surprises me is that no one has voted for Animal Kingdom, and that is where we were planning to spend a full day! It makes me wonder if I should change our itinerary.... We were planning to spend a whole day at both MK and AK, then divide the third day between EPCOT and DHS. Is this a mistake?

Anyway, since I have to keep looking at my annoying poll (), please vote if you are reading this so that I can feel like it is serving a purpose!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

That is how I would do it. AK is a close second to MK in MY opinion, however we only go in the winter and I hear AK is the hottest park

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 07-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #130
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Outfits and DIS

Quote:
I just can't believe the generosity!!! We got third package today...this one, from Sally (DISid: SallyfromDE). (*I had to post this last because Clay had already put on his Peter Pan shirt from HeatherSue, and I didn't want to give anything away.) Sally made every one of us a t-shirt!!!! They are awesome!!! Sally, we absolutely love them, and I am so, so touched that you would do something for each one of us!!! Ty and Madison were so excited to get something, and Lance and I were, too! The t-shirts are blue (we all love blue!), and there is a "WISH 2008" logo on the front. Within each letter are tons of different Disney characters! Then, on one sleeve Sally put the GKTW logo (Give Kids the World, the awesome place where we will stay). On the other sleeve, she put the DISer logo!! This is so amazing! For one thing, maybe we'll be recognized by other DISers, and for another, it is always great to be identified with GKTW b/c this is how the magic happens, I've heard. I tried to show everything as best I could in these pics:

They were so excited to open yet another package!!

Here are the logos...

We couldn't all be in one pic, so we had to take two (Ty was at a friend's house when we first opened the box...

Don't mind Clay, he looks a little Dopey. This was the best pic of ME, and that's what really matters, right? LOL!!!

So I took a pic of Lance and Ty once everyone was home...

Sally, you are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! These will be awesome on our trip! Thank you for making every one of us feel special, and thank you for making our trip even better! xoxoxoxo
Wow, these are way cool! I saw the design a while back on the Disboutiquers site. I love the DISers patch. You will probably have some folks notice that and say... "Hey, are you from the DISboards..." You are our ambassador now, Amy.

Bless you!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #131
mytwotinks
It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one out there who can't keep themselves from saying extremely stupid things!
I am going to start carrying a shovel with me to dig a hole so I can hide in

I can honestly say that even if I were at Disneyworld for a month, I would probably only go to AK for part of a day. There is a lot of fun stuff to do there, but jham is right. It is the HOTTEST park ever! It is really humid and hot and the theming is so "exotic" that it seems as if a lot more of it is unairconditioned. We were once there for 12 days and really only did AK for 1/2. That was before EE, so now we would probably do a whole day and do it a couple of times, but never more than a day, and I don't think I could give up the other parks for it.

Epcot is our close second. A lot of people don't agree though. My kids love the world showcase and always have. There is so much to do there. We sometimes pick a game for going "around the world" that keeps them interested. Last time we picked up something in every country for our printers drawer. Sometimes we've done candy. We always eat our way around!!!! We just love it!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #132
LisaZoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I really liked AK but agree with others it about it feeling hotter. I thought I noticed it more because we went our first full day so we weren't used to the heat. I remember feeling so hot and sticky so we were ready to head back to the resort early. I'd planned a shorter day since it was the first but we didn't even stay as long as I'd thought.

BTW - I'm not sure how to remove a poll. I have a feeling it's not possible. I tried a test and don't see any option to end a poll or remove it once it's posted. You could go to the tech forum and ask, though.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #133
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Oh wow, I LOVE the new things! The kids look so cute in them and so excited!!!! I can't believe you leave in 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!! I will tell Hannah to pack her bambi outfit and we will have to try to get pics of the kids with them and some of the big give outfits!! I can't wait. I will PM you with our info when it gets closer.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 07-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #134
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We got third package today...this one, from Sally (DISid: SallyfromDE). (*I had to post this last because Clay had already put on his Peter Pan shirt from HeatherSue, and I didn't want to give anything away.)
Don't mind Clay, he looks a little Dopey. This was the best pic of ME, and that's what really matters, right? LOL!!!
Sally, you are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! These will be awesome on our trip! Thank you for making every one of us feel special, and thank you for making our trip even better! xoxoxoxo
Your welcome. I will admit that Michelle from the DISign board designed the logo for us. It can't be just ShayLynne and Clay going away with out a little something for going away. We all want to make sure your trip is truly Magical.

(Isn't the Pirate Mickey and Peter Pan totally awesome!!! )
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #135
Robin+5
Mouseketeer

matching t-shirts

What a great idea for the matching t-shirts. They are so cool I just love them. What beautiful customs you are receiving. There is a lot of talent around hear. How thoughtful for total strangers to do such nice thing
Robin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: