Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?
EPCOT 4 13.79%
Hollywood Studios 1 3.45%
Magic Kingdom 24 82.76%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #61
mytwotinks
It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one out there who can't keep themselves from saying extremely stupid things!
I am going to start carrying a shovel with me to dig a hole so I can hide in

I just found out that we are doing your family for the big give and I am soooo excited to get started!

What is really going to be wonderful is when we start to see pictures of these kiddos in their outfits at Disneyworld! It makes me tear up even thinking about it.

There isn't much time, so I better get workin!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #62
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwotinks View Post
I just found out that we are doing your family for the big give and I am soooo excited to get started!

What is really going to be wonderful is when we start to see pictures of these kiddos in their outfits at Disneyworld! It makes me tear up even thinking about it.

There isn't much time, so I better get workin!
I am tearing up again now, too!! Haven't stopped all day. I love y'all!!!
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #63
Robin+5
Mouseketeer

Disboutiquers

How awsome is that Can't wait to see pictures!!!

We were contacted as well today for they "BIG GIVE". They are spreading pixie dust all over they place today. We are so greatful, beyond words

Robin
Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #64
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Amy Rocks!

We are not laughing AT you Amy, just thinking about how we wanted and tried to do EVERYTHING and, or course, were not able. The great thing is that it is so MAGICAL that what you miss does not matter in the least (unless you miss your flight home or something.... but even that would not matter in the big picture).

Amy, we all think you are wonderful!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #65
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

I am doing such a happy dance for you all!!!! I am so glad that the wonderful Disboutiquers are extending their amazing generosity.Just wait till you start getting packages.I swear it's better than Christmas!!!

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #66
luvinyou
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! I have something for Clay all packed up, its going in the mail tomorrow. I just hope it gets there in time for your trip!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #67
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Checking in from the disboutique thread too! Can't wait to make something!!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 07-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #68
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool

Amy! Just came over from the disboutique thread to sub. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope you enjoy your trip and am glad we can send a little extra pixie dust your way.
Your children are absolutely beautiful!!! I can't wait to see what you get.

...t.

PS. You do realize that you are now BANNED from the Disboutique thread until your give is over, right
Old 07-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #69
Iluvmickeymouse!
Proud mama to a DD who beat HLH

Amy, how awesome is that...another big give!!!! Woohoo!!! I am so thrilled for you!!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #70
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
I am doing such a happy dance for you all!!!! I am so glad that the wonderful Disboutiquers are extending their amazing generosity.Just wait till you start getting packages.I swear it's better than Christmas!!!
I KNOW!! They are so, so sweet. I have loved keeping up with your family's BigGive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvinyou View Post
Subscribing! I have something for Clay all packed up, its going in the mail tomorrow. I just hope it gets there in time for your trip!
That was quick!! I promise to post pics as soon as everything is received!!! Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Checking in from the disboutique thread too! Can't wait to make something!!
Welcome, and thank you for making our trip even more awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-beri View Post
Amy! Just came over from the disboutique thread to sub. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope you enjoy your trip and am glad we can send a little extra pixie dust your way.
Your children are absolutely beautiful!!! I can't wait to see what you get.

...t.

PS. You do realize that you are now BANNED from the Disboutique thread until your give is over, right
Thank you! I am overcome with all the pixie dust today. You are all amazing! I will not peek!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmickeymouse! View Post
Amy, how awesome is that...another big give!!!! Woohoo!!! I am so thrilled for you!!
Thanks for being excited with us!! I've had so much fun watching Heather's kids get things...I just can't believe they chose to do this for us, too. WOW is all I can say.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #71
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Amy: All I can say is WOW!!! What wonderful news and how exciting that the DISBoutiquers are going to shower you - and others - with their pixie dust. I can't wait to hear - and see - more!

And another WOW...I just realized that you leave for your trip in less than 3 weeks! I learned about your trip about the same time as a few others, and with our trip so far away - not until November 1st! - I just lost track of how fast the time was flying until YOUR trip! You must be SO excited!!!

I laughed when I saw your list. I remember on our family's first WDW trip (this is going to be the 2nd), I stayed up late, studying the guidebook and my lists as if I was cramming for finals! I liked the concept of Top 3, so I came up with ours:

MK: #1 has got to by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, our wish kid Mark's ABSOLUTE favourite. We rode it 10 times one day on our first trip! After 4 times virtually in a row, I had to take a break! Also, Porates of the Caribbean (including the Pirate Tutorial), and Space Mountain (although this was also the scariest for my hubby because the cars are single seats, i.e. you sit 1 behind the other and Peter was holding Mark for dear life! He loved it though!)

Epcot: Test Track, Mission:Space (Green!), Soarin'. Of course, a special mention goes out to World Showcase and the Canada Pavilion, which we skipped last time but will show our patriotism and visit this time! Special mention also to Yu-Gi-Oh card shopping in Japan!

HS: Star Tours and meeting Darth Vadar. Will add Jedi Training Academy now that it is permanently there. Rock 'n Roller COaster, Lights Camera Action

AK: Expedition Everest, Safari, Primeval Whirl

And: Downtown Disney: Cirque de Soleil (fantastic - we're proud it started in Canada!), the Lego store, Pick a Pearl

Best 3 Dining Experiences: California Grill and watching Wishes from the Observation deck, Narcoossee's and watching Wishes from the dock (getting the theme here?!?), Takeout from Wolfgang Puck Express (delicious lasagne) after a fabulous day at DTD, ending with Cirque de Soleil.

OK, now I'm all excited to get there!!!

Can't wait for your updates as your trip approaches!

Alison
Old 07-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #72
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Amy I just wanted to sub real quick!! I can't wait to read all about ya'lls trip!!
And I don't know why I didn't catch this from your post on my TR but while I was reading this one I noticed your from TX!!! So am I!!
And your V B S pics are Great!! Ya'll are a beautifull family!
I will be back!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #73
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum View Post
Amy: All I can say is WOW!!! What wonderful news and how exciting that the DISBoutiquers are going to shower you - and others - with their pixie dust. I can't wait to hear - and see - more!

And another WOW...I just realized that you leave for your trip in less than 3 weeks! I learned about your trip about the same time as a few others, and with our trip so far away - not until November 1st! - I just lost track of how fast the time was flying until YOUR trip! You must be SO excited!!!

I laughed when I saw your list. I remember on our family's first WDW trip (this is going to be the 2nd), I stayed up late, studying the guidebook and my lists as if I was cramming for finals! I liked the concept of Top 3, so I came up with ours:

MK: #1 has got to by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, our wish kid Mark's ABSOLUTE favourite. We rode it 10 times one day on our first trip! After 4 times virtually in a row, I had to take a break! Also, Porates of the Caribbean (including the Pirate Tutorial), and Space Mountain (although this was also the scariest for my hubby because the cars are single seats, i.e. you sit 1 behind the other and Peter was holding Mark for dear life! He loved it though!)

Epcot: Test Track, Mission:Space (Green!), Soarin'. Of course, a special mention goes out to World Showcase and the Canada Pavilion, which we skipped last time but will show our patriotism and visit this time! Special mention also to Yu-Gi-Oh card shopping in Japan!

HS: Star Tours and meeting Darth Vadar. Will add Jedi Training Academy now that it is permanently there. Rock 'n Roller COaster, Lights Camera Action

AK: Expedition Everest, Safari, Primeval Whirl

And: Downtown Disney: Cirque de Soleil (fantastic - we're proud it started in Canada!), the Lego store, Pick a Pearl

Best 3 Dining Experiences: California Grill and watching Wishes from the Observation deck, Narcoossee's and watching Wishes from the dock (getting the theme here?!?), Takeout from Wolfgang Puck Express (delicious lasagne) after a fabulous day at DTD, ending with Cirque de Soleil.

OK, now I'm all excited to get there!!!

Can't wait for your updates as your trip approaches!

Alison
I loved reading your list!! You know, I almost put Big Thunder Mountain Railroad on my list, even though I've never ridden it yet. Six Flags Over Texas has a Runaway Mine Train that I have always loved, from the time I was so short that the back of my head used to bump against the seat (that ride is jerky). But we all love the "mine" theme. Clay loves that ride, too, so I KNOW he'll love BTMR. I truly love reading everyone's list, because it helps me narrow down even further what's not to miss! The other ride I have never ridden, although I have been to WDW twice (each 1-day trips), is Space Mountain. When I went in high school, I got home and my best friend could not believe I hadn't ridden Space Mountain...she said you just don't go to Disney World and not ride that!!! I went back again ten years later and still didn't ride it--I guess because of lines and because with little kids, you just have to prioritize. This time we won't have to worry about that and I will ride it!--unless it's closed, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
Amy I just wanted to sub real quick!! I can't wait to read all about ya'lls trip!!
And I don't know why I didn't catch this from your post on my TR but while I was reading this one I noticed your from TX!!! So am I!!
And your V B S pics are Great!! Ya'll are a beautifull family!
I will be back!!
Yay, LeeLee! Thank you!! So glad you're back, and yes I did notice that you also live in the greatest state in the USA!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #74
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Only 19 days, Wow, look out Florida! Clay and his family are practically on their way.

You will love BTMR. We took my MIL on it a few years ago. She is 88 and afterward, she refused to ride anything with the words train or railroad in the name including the train around the park! The video is hysterical though!

My husband loves Space Mountain. It isn't my favorite but I ride because he does love it.

Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 07-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #75
mytwotinks
It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one out there who can't keep themselves from saying extremely stupid things!
I am going to start carrying a shovel with me to dig a hole so I can hide in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdisgrandma View Post
Only 19 days, Wow, look out Florida! Clay and his family are practically on their way.

You will love BTMR. We took my MIL on it a few years ago. She is 88 and afterward, she refused to ride anything with the words train or railroad in the name including the train around the park! The video is hysterical though!

My husband loves Space Mountain. It isn't my favorite but I ride because he does love it.

Denise
That is horrible and hysterical all at the same time! I love it!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: