Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?
EPCOT 4 13.79%
Hollywood Studios 1 3.45%
Magic Kingdom 24 82.76%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #376
Miss Manday
making memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
On our way around the castle, just look who we ran into!! I was SO EXCITED!!!

Look at the pink one (which one is she?) pointing to Clay's outfit. She noticed it right away and asked if mice made it!

They were in such great character. Shay Lynne said the evil step-mother was MEAN. Look at her here...

The twins were pretty much in awe...

It was a blast seeing them! I am interested in eating at 1900 Park Fare some day, so I was especially thrilled we got to see these three.
I love these pictures! I suppose the girls were worried that perhaps the mouse-stitching wouldn't hold out on the outfits, huh?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #377
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex271 View Post
I can't wait to read about your adventure in sea world, but it's sad that it's almost over at the same time. I've enjoyed reading your ptr and then your tr. I'm starting to wonder if i should have done LTT instead of crystal palace.

Becca
Becca, I think you'll love Crystal Palace! We've always loved Pooh, and if my kids had been just a little younger, that's what I would've chosen. I don't think you could go wrong with LTT or CP! I'm not sure when I'll get Sea World done, but I'll try to hurry. Teachers came back to school today, so I am crazy-busy this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
Thanks for making me feel better about missing the toon town tent.We did get to see the mickey gang again later at epcot.I guess where I have regret is that Hannah didn't get to spend much time with the princesses.The only time we saw Cinderella was before the Royal table meal.We chose to do a family pic with Cinderella and I so regret it now-that I didn't do just the kids I look really goofy in it)Meeting Cinderella was Hannah's wish and she did meet her-just didn't get any special time with her.I was pretty sad that I didn't get any pics of her with Cinderella alone.As I was looking at photo pass pics though I was able to crop one and made it look pretty cute.I just have to get over myself and MY expectations.Hannah was thrilled and that is what I have to focus on.
I LOVE the castle pics.They are gorgeous.I think that pic of the twins looking at it with their ears on, should be an ad for disney, too cute.Even though they do their share of sibling rivalry, you can see the love they all have for each other.The one of Clay with his arm around Shay Lynne is just the sweetest thing.I love these trip reports, you can just get such a feel for a family.It's almost like I really know you.I hope we can stay in touch through the wish trippers thread.I am not ready for this journey to be done!
You sound like me about the pics. Even with all my thousands, I still occasionally find myself worrying about certain pics we didn't get, or things we could've done differently in the pics we did take--but I've chosen not to obsess about it. And I just bet you'll be back soon anyway--probably before Hannah outgrows her Cinderella dress. You can get a pic then! I feel like I know your family, too. I have so loved reading about your days in Orlando!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
I so have loved reading your TR. Wow. The portion with Fred at US just caused tears to flow! What a sweet moment for Clay.

Can't believe your TR is almost over. I am feeling sad over it!
Thank you! Great to have you aboard. I was retelling the Fred story just today, an I teared up and so did the person I was telling it to!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Manday View Post
I love these pictures! I suppose the girls were worried that perhaps the mouse-stitching wouldn't hold out on the outfits, huh?
We LOVED their mouse comment. I felt so fortunate to have run into this group. I wonder what they would've said if Shay Lynne had been wearing her princess outfit with Cinderella on it! I am SO doing 1900 Park Fare next time we go!
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2008, 11:34 PM   #378
Miss Manday
making memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
I wonder what they would've said if Shay Lynne had been wearing her princess outfit with Cinderella on it! I am SO doing 1900 Park Fare next time we go!
Oh, I can only imagine.

1900 Park Fare is a GREAT experience. Especially if you get a reservation later in the evening. Thats when the girls REALLY act up. If you're lucky, they might perform a concert in the middle of the dining room!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #379
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Amy: I hope you are getting back into the swing of things at school etc. Our schools don't go back until Sept 2, right after Labour Day.

I just wanted to say thank you for spending so much time putting together your TR to share with us. I know for sure that we just don't take enough pictures, but you are motivating me to take more on our trip. You have so many wonderful images that capture the magic of your trip.

The pix also help us to feel like we really know your family - I feel like if I was walking the streets in ??? Texas (what part of Texas do you live in?), if you and your gang were walking the other way, I'd be thinking, "Say, isn't that Amy and Lance? And look there's Ty giving Clay a fireman's lift; he must have gotten tired. And there's Madison - isn't she gorgeous? Is that a new hat? And there's Shae-Lynn, still twirling in that gorgeous DISBoutique outfit, keeping an eye on Clay to make sure Ty doesn't drop him. And wait, who's that running up behind Clay and Ty? Hey great...it's Fred, Velma, Daphne, Shaggy and Scooby Doo!!! Let's join them - the magic seems to follow them!"

I haven't been chiming in a lot during the report because I've been really busy with the boys this week, but I've been reading along, ever eager for the next instalment.

Hope you'll post another one soon!

Alison
Old 08-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #380
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

I've had a great time reading your trip report and looking at your pictures. I am glad that everyone had a great time! I wish I could go see GKTW!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #381
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Manday View Post
Oh, I can only imagine.

1900 Park Fare is a GREAT experience. Especially if you get a reservation later in the evening. Thats when the girls REALLY act up. If you're lucky, they might perform a concert in the middle of the dining room!
I'll remember that! I would love (not really but kind of) to hear a concert!! You REALLY make me want to go even more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum View Post
Amy: I hope you are getting back into the swing of things at school etc. Our schools don't go back until Sept 2, right after Labour Day.

I just wanted to say thank you for spending so much time putting together your TR to share with us. I know for sure that we just don't take enough pictures, but you are motivating me to take more on our trip. You have so many wonderful images that capture the magic of your trip.

The pix also help us to feel like we really know your family - I feel like if I was walking the streets in ??? Texas (what part of Texas do you live in?), if you and your gang were walking the other way, I'd be thinking, "Say, isn't that Amy and Lance? And look there's Ty giving Clay a fireman's lift; he must have gotten tired. And there's Madison - isn't she gorgeous? Is that a new hat? And there's Shae-Lynn, still twirling in that gorgeous DISBoutique outfit, keeping an eye on Clay to make sure Ty doesn't drop him. And wait, who's that running up behind Clay and Ty? Hey great...it's Fred, Velma, Daphne, Shaggy and Scooby Doo!!! Let's join them - the magic seems to follow them!"

I haven't been chiming in a lot during the report because I've been really busy with the boys this week, but I've been reading along, ever eager for the next instalment.

Hope you'll post another one soon!

Alison
Thank you Alison! We live in North-central Texas. I guess with these long trip reports we really do get to know each other's families. I have loved every minute of writing this, and it has been a great motivator for organizing my pictures (that takes the longest--much longer than the writing itself). I bet you'll take plenty of pics! I've never taken so many in my life on a vacation, but this was such an amazing opportunity that I didn't want to forget a second of it. You'll be the same way with your boys, I suspect. And the PhotoPass helps out SO much in getting the family all together for a pose now and then. I can't wait to hear more about your family and to see pics of all of you in the parks. I know you don't have a whole lot to write about right now, but your trip will be here before you know it! I hope your boys aren't dreading school too much! Or perhaps they are still young enough to be excited! My twins are, but my older kids aren't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
I've had a great time reading your trip report and looking at your pictures. I am glad that everyone had a great time! I wish I could go see GKTW!
Thank you so much for reading about all our adventures! I would love for you to get to see GKTW, but I betcha you have a great idea of what it's like just from reading the reports. I seriously cannot wait to go back!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #382
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

I just found your TR, and I am loving it! The part with Fred at US really made me cry. How nice it was for him to have done that for Clay! Can't wait to read more!!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #383
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

All that I can say

AMY!

All that I can say is WOW! You have created an AWESOME TR. Your sense of humor, pictures and stories are wonderful. You are even funny quite often without trying to be (that is a compliment). Your appreciation for the magic is charming.

Maybe I shouldn't say "I told you so," but I did tell you that unexpected magic would come your way in a big way out of the blue. I am so happy for you.

What a beautiful trip!

You were in my thoughts every day of your trip. I could picture you at all of the places you would be, wondering what exciting things would happen that day.

Bless You!

Bill
Old 08-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #384
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Lin View Post
AMY!

All that I can say is WOW! You have created an AWESOME TR. Your sense of humor, pictures and stories are wonderful. You are even funny quite often without trying to be (that is a compliment). Your appreciation for the magic is charming.

Maybe I shouldn't say "I told you so," but I did tell you that unexpected magic would come your way in a big way out of the blue. I am so happy for you.

What a beautiful trip!

You were in my thoughts every day of your trip. I could picture you at all of the places you would be, wondering what exciting things would happen that day.

Bless You!

Bill
I totally agree with you Bill. She is a natural at the trip report thing! I have just loved reading her TR and Heather's. We all can hardly wait for our trip because they make everything sound and look so wonderful.

Also, good to have you back again Bill! We have missed hearing from you. Hope your summer time adventures have been just wonderful for you and your family and that you have had some good visits with your son since he has come back.

Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #385
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sMainMami View Post
I just found your TR, and I am loving it! The part with Fred at US really made me cry. How nice it was for him to have done that for Clay! Can't wait to read more!!
Fred is deserving of something huge for his gesture!! I can't get anyone at US to respond to my emails from their "Contact Us" link, but I just found an address in my GKTW stuff that I think might work well. I am definitely going to kudo Fred, and I'm going to provide several pics of him with Clay. But even if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves at work, I know something good will happen for him for taking a little time out of his day to give my child a memory that will last a lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Lin View Post
AMY!

What a beautiful trip!

Bless You!

Bill
Thank you so much. We had an amazing time, and as I've said before, I've had an absolute ball writing this TR. Our most magical moment was completely unexpected and more than we ever could have hoped for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdisgrandma View Post
I totally agree with you Bill. She is a natural at the trip report thing! I have just loved reading her TR and Heather's. We all can hardly wait for our trip because they make everything sound and look so wonderful.

Denise
Thank you!! Writing a good TR is partly my thank you for all the kind gestures done for us! I also know how much reading everyone else's trip reports helped me (not to mention all the fun I had reading them), so I hope that future wishtrippers can be helped in some way by what I'm writing here. It's almost time for you to go!! I know you must be beside yourself!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #386
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 7, Part 1 -- our final day! :(

We were in our final hours of Clay's wish trip. Since we had a late flight out that day, and since we hadn't made it to SeaWorld on Day 5 as planned, we decided to do as much there as we could before we had to be at the airport. I had wanted to spend our last hours at GKTW, but since we love SeaWorld, we decided to go for it. We had breakfast at the Ice Cream Palace, of course, and we took pics of our final ice creams. It was a sad time. Madison, Ty, and I all got huge ice creams, but Lance and the twins just got shakes. Wimps. But the ladies in there that morning gave them each a shake and a half (the "leftovers")! Shay Lynne had a hard time finishing it all, but Clay drank every drop from both cups!

A "feeling sick" picture of Shay Lynne. This is what too much ice cream will do to you! Don't worry, though. She was wishing for another ice cream as soon as we left GKTW!!

Lance went to the House of Hearts to check out, and the kids and I walked around one last time. We saw Goofy again! We were so glad to see him one more time!! He is so sweet. I'll spare you the vision of me trying to bite his cheek (he wanted a kiss, but the pic didn't turn out so well). I got some cute shots of the kids, though....

Then the kids wanted to go and drive the boats for the last time....

On the way back out, Madison and I said goodbye to our favorite yummy huge chocolate strawberry....

And then we went inside the House of Hearts where Lance was while he finished checking out. They were SO nice in there! I'm still amazed at how well GKTW treats everyone. It was so hard to say goodbye to that place. The only way I could stand it was to promise myself that we will go and spend a day there next time we are in Orlando. I really, truly miss everything about it, and so do the kids. But now we were off to SeaWorld!!

I don't remember where I took the pic of this weird bird, but here he is, anyway....

...which reminds me, BEWARE: many boring animal pics ahead (with a few "cute kid" pics sprinkled throughout)!!! We went right in, and we immediately saw the dolphin tank, so we stopped to look at them for awhile.

They didn't seem to be feeding them, so we moved on. The kids saw a jet writing in the sky, and I guess they had never seen this before. They were so amazed! So we watched while Lance had a smoke...

The kids just thought that was the coolest thing ever, and of course, we all loved the message written in the sky. That was fun, so then we moved on to see when the next Shamu show would occur. On the way, we saw the Wild Arctic Ride. We did that, and it was good.

Last edited by GoofyDoo; 08-22-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #387
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 7, Part 2

Afterward the Wild Arctic Ride, I believe we saw the penguin exhibit. That was fun! The kids loved watching them and then seeing them swim in the water, too.

We checked to see when Shamu would be appearing next, and we found out that we'd just missed a show. We decided to come back later rather than go in late, so we went walking and stopped at several exhibits. I don't remember the order at all! But I do have more pics than you'll want to see, I'm sure.

The whales:

The weirdest sea creature I've ever seen: a sea dragon...

The frog exhibit (Shay Lynne ADORES frogs, so she was in heaven--there sure were some weird ones there!):

At some point, we walked through this long shark aquarium, where sharks could swim all around us. Clay loved looking straight up and seeing them swim right over our heads! Sharks are SO scary to me. I can't believe people get in the tank with them!!! NUTS, I say!!

And looking straight up, above our heads...

Somewhere in there, we finally made it to the huge rollercoaster the kids'd had their eye on. It was called Kraken. Since I had missed The Dueling Dragons coasters at IOA, Lance insisted that I ride this one with Ty and Madison (the twins weren't too happy they didn't get to ride). Kraken was AWESOME!!! I just love great rollercoasters. It was really, really fun!! It's one of those you hang from. Great ride!! I didn't have my camera so I couldn't take a "pic of our pic" on the screen, and you know all about how it is with Little-spender by now--so needless to say, I didn't buy the pic. It was a good one, though!

We returned to the big stadium and saw Shamu in the Believe show. It was a spectacular show, as always. I would never go to SeaWorld and not see this show--or not purposely, anyway. No pics could possibly do justice to the show, but here are a couple....

We moved on to some more exhibits. Clay (and all of us) LOVED the alligators! Scary!!

The dolphin tank...

A few random SeaWorld pics of the kids, and one in front of a cool topiary....

Old 08-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #388
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 7, Part 3

The puffins (they were the coolest little birds!)...

Manatees:

We saw a pic of the "Shamu" plane, so since we're Southwest people, I took a pic! The ones painted like this have always been Lance's fave. I don't think he's flown one himself...or if he has, he hasn't told me about it!

By this time, we were incredibly hot--probably the hottest of the entire trip. I had a headache, and we were just weak and worn out. We had wanted to feed the dolphins, but as it turned out, the dolphin tank we'd found when we first walked into the park was not the place to feed the dolphins. We were having a terrible time finding the correct place! The kids were whiny, I didn't feel well, and everyone was getting grumpy. But Lance pressed on, and we finally found it!

They let us in through the back way and gave the kids three fish to feed the dolphins, so Madison (being the great big sis she is) said she didn't mind just watching and agreed to let the younger three each have a fish. Later Clay talked about feeding the dolphins "sushi". This cracked me up because all my kids know that I can't stand the thought of eating anything raw and they know that one food I'll never try is sushi...so over time, I guess Clay has determined that all raw fish are termed "sushi"!! Funny kid.

A zillion pics of the kids feeding, watching, and petting the dolphins...

(Lance was so proud he got a pic of me petting the dolphin, and then I saw that it was just the back of my head!! Woohoo!!!!)

Old 08-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #389
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 7, Part 4

A few more pics with the dolphins (just a few, I promise!)...

By the way, please take notice of Madison's t-shirt from the Aerosmith Rockin' Rollercoaster at DHS! She LOVES guitars, and she has always loved The Sound of Music. On the back of her shirt, it says "These are a few of my favorite strings"! Cute!!

I am SO glad we persevered and made it to the dolphin feeding. It was definitely the highlight of our day!! It is always fun to see them and watch them for awhile because they are so cute, but feeding them and petting them truly takes the fun to a whole new level!! It was such a blast. We've always been too cheap to buy food before, so we had never experienced the dolphins to this extent. It also helped greatly that we had such a great spot (courtesy of Clay's magic button). It was really past time for us to head to the airport, so we really needed to scoot. We got one last pic of the kids on the way out...

Then we headed to the airport. We returned the rental and headed inside. We saw the Disney and Universal stores, and Lance let us look for just a minute, but then he prodded us along. I'm so glad he knows his way around that airport. He knew exactly what to do and where to go, and it really saved time. Onward to the plane, and we were off! We sat on the runway for awhile, but I dozed, so I don't know how long it was. I woke up when I felt the plane begin to take off, and I looked over to see Shay Lynne doing this:

It cracked me up! Remember when we took off the first time? She had her eyes covered up!!! I guess all the rides made her brave. I thought I would sleep the entire way home, but Ty and I got out the cameras and we looked at pics from the trip for the entire flight. We landed and went to baggage claim, then we realized my suitcase hadn't made it home. There were several other passengers in the same boat, so Lance had to stand in line for a long time in order to deal with it. Shay Lynne was truly over-tired, so she kind of got emotional (thought the others were picking on her, etc.)...

American Airlines promised they would be in touch and that my bag would be delivered ASAP, so we headed toward the lot where we'd parked. Here is Clay being silly on the bus ride to the parking lot...

And we were finally back to our vehicle. Clay was really delirious by now, I guess. He was so happy to see our Yukon that he kissed it!! Goofy kid.

We didn't have to pay a dime for parking, courtesy of MAW. The final pics of our trip are of the twins on the ride home.

As you can see, Clay's smiles reflect the kind of time he'd had that week. I would say his wish had absolutely been fulfilled.

Thank you all so much for sticking with me through the retelling of our adventures! Stay tuned for my favorite PhotoPass pics!!

View all our favorite pics from the PhotoPass CD!

Last edited by GoofyDoo; 09-01-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:35 PM   #390
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

I am so sad your trip is coming to an end. I love sea world and you got some great pictures of the animals!

Every time I see your Friendly's Ice Cream it kills me! There not one ANYWHERE near here and I love it more then anything!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: