Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?
EPCOT 4 13.79%
Hollywood Studios 1 3.45%
Magic Kingdom 24 82.76%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #361
LisaZoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
Goofy is just one of our faves!!! Then we got the bill, and Lance wasn't too happy. I had prepaid for CRT, so he didn't know how much this character dining stuff costs. The waitress put the check down beside him and I just cringed. He could not believe it. And it bothered him even more that the kids had eaten very little. When we left, I told him that I wasn't sorry we ate there because it was Clay's wish and he wished to eat with Goofy! Besides, I've heard the LTT won't have the characters after next January, so I am glad we got to experience it. He said he was just shocked, that was all. Oh well, you only live once. And we did have expense money from MAW, after all.
I'm loving all the photos! I agree, getting good pics with the characters isn't always easy but it sure is fun.

BTW - The expense of the character meals was hard for my sister at first when we went to DLR in May. She'd never been to one so couldn't help but think how much she was paying for her grandson to eat 3 or 4 bites. LOL I told her that I try to think of it more that I'm paying for the convenience of sitting comfortable while characters come to ME for autographs and photos. The food is just a little extra "perk". Really, when I think about how much time I'd have to spend in lines waiting to see the same number of characters, the cost was well worth the convenience... or at least I've convinced myself and my sister of that.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #362
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

LOVE the pics from LTT.Sorry you didn't get chip and dale together though. Seriously, there is so much to do I am starting to just chalk it up to "next time". I could let it gnaw away at me and keep me up at night if I let it.My biggest regret is that we didn't know about the toon town tent.There is just no way to do it all.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #363
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 6, Part 7

We all headed to Toontown after that because we'd only seen Mickey and Minnie ONCE. Once is not enough on a wish trip--or not for me, anyway...

Outside the Judge's Tent...

...then inside to meet the Mouse and his girl...

Here's a short video of Mickey and Minnie acting SO cute!! Shay Lynne had a question to ask them, but she felt too shy and I had to ask for her...

And here I have a "then and now" to show you...

Then:

Now:

*sigh*

We were really tired by now. I wanted to see Spectromagic and the fireworks, but everyone else but Madison seemed not to care about the parade (although I knew that they just didn't know how much they would love it). I mistakenly thought the fireworks were first and then the parade, so we hung out by the castle and rested on a bench for awhile to wait for the fireworks. It wasn't until too late that I figured out that the parade would happen first. By then there were no good spots to be had. I was just sick!! We were there during the parade, but only got to see the top half of the floats, and from a long way off. But at least we got a few good pics of the kids and of the castle. We loved watching it change colors! These first three are some of my favorite pics of the entire trip (although there are hundreds that I've ended up loving)...

Old 08-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #364
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 6, Part 8

We loved watching the castle turn colors...

A few final pics of the kids...

Here Shay Lynne was sad that we weren't going to ride Space Mountain again...

Madison and I were hearing that parade music and seeing parts of the floats, and we were just sick that we were missing it!! We will HAVE to go back. We made our way to the front entrance (that was not easy), but we stopped to watch the fireworks. We loved them!! We headed out to take the monorail back to EPCOT. There was room for two in the front car, so we let the twins ride in there without us! The two ladies with them looked nice enough. I can't believe I did that! But they loved it and were just fine when they got off! The ladies said the twins didn't say a word the whole way and that they'd ride a monorail with them any time.

Back at EPCOT, I noticed that the big ball looks cool at night...

And we were off. Going out of the park...

And that concludes our final day at Disney. It had been one amazing day.

Up next, Day 7--our final day, during which we visit SeaWorld on the way to the airport!!

Day 7

Last edited by GoofyDoo; 08-31-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #365
Lambflock
Mouseketeer

Amy! I am so loving the report, I can't wait for more, yet at the same time I don't want it to end!!!!

Mama to:
Hank (8) My Wish Child Mackenzie (6) And wife to Kevin (13 yrs)

Link to pre-trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post26894514 Link to Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2011883
Old 08-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #366
maroo
DIS Veteran

Awesome Report

This has been such an awesome report to read! I finally signed up for this site and have started actually posting replies!!

The story about Fred and Clay made me cry! It was so awesome!

God bless you guys!!! maroo
Old 08-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #367
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Our family loves LTT. It was the most important ressie that I made! I love the food, the characters even the way they call you when your table is ready! I know it is expensive but I agree with LisaZoe...you really are paying for that special attention from the characters!

Your pics of the castle are just stunning! They could be postcards! I really am getting so excited. I can't wait. Today my husband said "how many days?" When I said 24 he was so surprised and when he realized he has 4 trips out of town between now and then, he could hardly believe it! Not much help from him in the near future!

Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #368
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous! I love the ones of the twins together...how completely sweet!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #369
tinkerbeth
Goin' back soon!!

I love the pictures of Clay with his arm around Shay-Lynne when she won't be able to ride Splash Mountain again. They look so cute. And I loved the video! It was neat to hear your voice! I'm going to get Gabe to ask them that too.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #370
MandM-Mom
DIS Veteran

Just finished up catching up on your trip report, it sounds like it was magical! Glad you had such a good time I really enjoyed all the pictures of your beautiful family enjoying Clays Make a Wish, thank you for sharing!

I have to admit though that I am the little spender in our house and my Dh is the photopass and souvenir junky! My dh says I am cheap but I think I will now refer to myself as a little spender instead
Old 08-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #371
vdarrell
DIS Veteran

I loved your castle pics.
I am still reading and enjoying your trip report, keep it coming.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #372
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
We really love LTT. I am glad the kids had a good time with the characters since it is quite pricey.
I love it, too! Several told me it would be a good one to go to, and I wasn't sure if we would make our reservations since it was a two-park day for us. All they requested for cancellation was a courtesy call...but I am SO glad we did it. I know we won't go back before they stop the character dining there in January, so I feel thankful that we got to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaZoe View Post
I'm loving all the photos! I agree, getting good pics with the characters isn't always easy but it sure is fun.

BTW - The expense of the character meals was hard for my sister at first when we went to DLR in May. She'd never been to one so couldn't help but think how much she was paying for her grandson to eat 3 or 4 bites. LOL I told her that I try to think of it more that I'm paying for the convenience of sitting comfortable while characters come to ME for autographs and photos. The food is just a little extra "perk". Really, when I think about how much time I'd have to spend in lines waiting to see the same number of characters, the cost was well worth the convenience... or at least I've convinced myself and my sister of that.
You are so right. I wish I'd thought to explain it to Little-spender that way when we were there. Oh well, he got over it! I just have a ball with the characters. I actually believe they are real, too! I found myself talking to them, cutting up with them, calling them by name.... The twins were a little shy, but Madison and I really loved interacting. Of course, Ty was too cool to do so! He still loved it, too, though--I could tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
LOVE the pics from LTT.Sorry you didn't get chip and dale together though. Seriously, there is so much to do I am starting to just chalk it up to "next time". I could let it gnaw away at me and keep me up at night if I let it.My biggest regret is that we didn't know about the toon town tent.There is just no way to do it all.
I doubt you missed any characters by not visiting the Hall of Fame in Toontown/Judge's Tent. You saw Mickey, Minnie, and all the princesses at CRT besides. The only others there when we were there besides those were Pluto, Goofy, and Donald, and you saw at least two of those at GKTW. Don't sweat it! We really didn't need to go--I just wanted to. It doesn't sound like it was Logan's thing anyway! Madison and I probably got the biggest kick out of the characters as the twins did! Believe me, Ty and Lance would rather have been riding rides, although Ty does like Goofy really well. And the princesses. Especially Jasmine. Just give Logan a few years! He'll get to liking those princesses, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambflock View Post
Amy! I am so loving the report, I can't wait for more, yet at the same time I don't want it to end!!!!
I'm sad to think I'm on my last day, too! But after I finish Day 7, I will go back and post all my favorite PhotoPass pics--so there is more to show even after the everything about the trip has been told. Thank you for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
This has been such an awesome report to read! I finally signed up for this site and have started actually posting replies!!

The story about Fred and Clay made me cry! It was so awesome!

God bless you guys!!! maroo
Thank you!! to DIS!!! It is so great to have you with us. Just ask if you have any questions. These trip reports are so addicting. I lived on the DISboards all summer! Yes--Fred was the sweetest ever. I'll never, ever forget his kindness. No one in my family will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdisgrandma View Post
Our family loves LTT. It was the most important ressie that I made! I love the food, the characters even the way they call you when your table is ready! I know it is expensive but I agree with LisaZoe...you really are paying for that special attention from the characters!

Your pics of the castle are just stunning! They could be postcards! I really am getting so excited. I can't wait. Today my husband said "how many days?" When I said 24 he was so surprised and when he realized he has 4 trips out of town between now and then, he could hardly believe it! Not much help from him in the near future!

Denise
I largely went by your advice and Robin's about LTT! I'm so glad because otherwise we might have missed it. Your husband's four trips will make the time go all that much faster! Husbands aren't that helpful for packing anyway--or at least mine's not. He's an excellent packer for himself, but packing for the kids and me is my job. It's in fact easier if he's gone because there's more room on the bed to lay out all the suitcases while I'm deciding what to pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Gorgeous! I love the ones of the twins together...how completely sweet!
Thank you--they are some of my faves. They fight like cats and dogs, but they really do love each other. The worst punishment we can inflict on them is to place them in separate rooms!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbeth View Post
I love the pictures of Clay with his arm around Shay-Lynne when she won't be able to ride Splash Mountain again. They look so cute. And I loved the video! It was neat to hear your voice! I'm going to get Gabe to ask them that too.
Thank you! DO get him to ask!! It was so so so cute! I sound like a Texan hick, don't I? My accent is so strong. It's hard for me to listen to myself because I sound so red-neck!! I can't travel anywhere too far outside of Texas without being asked where I'm from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM-Mom View Post
Just finished up catching up on your trip report, it sounds like it was magical! Glad you had such a good time I really enjoyed all the pictures of your beautiful family enjoying Clays Make a Wish, thank you for sharing!

I have to admit though that I am the little spender in our house and my Dh is the photopass and souvenir junky! My dh says I am cheap but I think I will now refer to myself as a little spender instead
LOL! Honestly I am not a huge spender, either...but everything's relative. And we were on vacation!!!! And we were provided with spending money!!! Not just from MAW, but my in-laws sent some extra with us, and so did my parents. There was no reason not to splurge--especially considering how few trips to Disney tightwads allow their families to actually take!! No telling when we'll be back (although I'm dreaming). The PhotoPass was a must-do for me. I bought it ahead of time for $99, and there are pics on there that I will treasure always. But if we went more often, I don't know that I would do PhotoPass every time. I just wanted to remember every detail since this was so huge for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdarrell View Post
I loved your castle pics.
I am still reading and enjoying your trip report, keep it coming.
Thank you! I felt like I was going a little overboard on posting castle pics, but we so loved watching it. I forgot to mention to notice the silhouette in the last castle pic--there are mouse ears!

Thank you all for reading!!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:44 AM   #373
bex271
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read about your adventure in sea world, but it's sad that it's almost over at the same time. I've enjoyed reading your ptr and then your tr. I'm starting to wonder if i should have done LTT instead of crystal palace.

Becca
Old 08-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #374
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Thanks for making me feel better about missing the toon town tent.We did get to see the mickey gang again later at epcot.I guess where I have regret is that Hannah didn't get to spend much time with the princesses.The only time we saw Cinderella was before the Royal table meal.We chose to do a family pic with Cinderella and I so regret it now-that I didn't do just the kids I look really goofy in it)Meeting Cinderella was Hannah's wish and she did meet her-just didn't get any special time with her.I was pretty sad that I didn't get any pics of her with Cinderella alone.As I was looking at photo pass pics though I was able to crop one and made it look pretty cute.I just have to get over myself and MY expectations.Hannah was thrilled and that is what I have to focus on.
I LOVE the castle pics.They are gorgeous.I think that pic of the twins looking at it with their ears on, should be an ad for disney, too cute.Even though they do their share of sibling rivalry, you can see the love they all have for each other.The one of Clay with his arm around Shay Lynne is just the sweetest thing.I love these trip reports, you can just get such a feel for a family.It's almost like I really know you.I hope we can stay in touch through the wish trippers thread.I am not ready for this journey to be done!

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #375
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

I so have loved reading your TR. Wow. The portion with Fred at US just caused tears to flow! What a sweet moment for Clay.

Can't believe your TR is almost over. I am feeling sad over it!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)[SIZE="1"][B]
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: