Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?
EPCOT 4 13.79%
Hollywood Studios 1 3.45%
Magic Kingdom 24 82.76%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #331
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Well you got a lot of the highlights of Epcot done there!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #332
mytwotinks
It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one out there who can't keep themselves from saying extremely stupid things!
I am going to start carrying a shovel with me to dig a hole so I can hide in

I'm getting sad for you that your trip is almost over.

I can't wait to see the world showcase pictures! Those are some of our best days (which I guess I already mentioned!) when we just eat and walk around and talk about how much fun we are having on our trip! There is always so much fun stuff to see in the world showcase.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #333
HeatherSue

Little-spender Lance, huh? I like it! I'll have to call Henry "Hoarding Money Henry"

The last time I was at US was when I was 16. I think E.T. was the only ride that was open! I was unimpressed! I'll have to go again one of these days!

While we were waiting at the airport in Arizona once, we found some old shows for Tessa to watch on the computer. One of them was Woody Woodpecker. She's loved him ever since!

Oh, I got all teary seeing pictures of Clay with Fred. What a sweetie that boy is!

You have VIDEO!! YAY!!! Oh my gosh, LOOOVE the video!!!

Okay, now I'm not just teary-eyed, I'm crying. Fred took Clay to ride the Mummy, OH MY GOSH!!!

After the picture of you and Ty with the oranges in your mouths...I am sure we are kindred spirits.

I gotta say, the Whos are a little freaky!!! But, you and Madison are gorgeous, as usual!

I have always had the opinion that other people have taken better pictures of various scenery than I have, so make sure there's a person I know in the picture! Otherwise, buy the postcard!

It must have been so scary for you when Clay went under the water.

I love the pic of Madison and the "hot guy". He is pretty cute! I can't imagine why she didn't want you to ask him to turn around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdisgrandma View Post
I love Dr Seuss too. Probably my favorite book is Sneetches. I love Too Many Daves and "Pale Green Pants" (I'm not sure if that is the name) One of my very favorite lines in all children's books is in that story--"I do not fear those pale green pants with nobody inside them, I said and said and said those words. I said them but I lied them!" I read the entire book to any child who will sit down with me anytime, anywhere. My grandkids know that I can read most of it by heart so they think I'm cheating when I read it to them.

I am so excited to hear more!
Denise
Those are my favorite Dr. Seuss stories! I know "What Was I Afraid Of" by heart, too! "Well, I was walking in the night and I saw nothing scary. For I have never been afraid of anything. Not very." Tessa gets a big kick out of the Dave that should have been named Oliver Boliver Butt. I love the message behind the Sneetches. All vastly underrated Dr. Seuss!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #334
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Little-spender Lance, huh? I like it! I'll have to call Henry "Hoarding Money Henry"

The last time I was at US was when I was 16. I think E.T. was the only ride that was open! I was unimpressed! I'll have to go again one of these days!

While we were waiting at the airport in Arizona once, we found some old shows for Tessa to watch on the computer. One of them was Woody Woodpecker. She's loved him ever since!

Oh, I got all teary seeing pictures of Clay with Fred. What a sweetie that boy is!

Okay, now I'm not just teary-eyed, I'm crying. Fred took Clay to ride the Mummy, OH MY GOSH!!!

After the picture of you and Ty with the oranges in your mouths...I am sure we are kindred spirits.

I gotta say, the Whos are a little freaky!!! But, you and Madison are gorgeous, as usual!

I have always had the opinion that other people have taken better pictures of various scenery than I have, so make sure there's a person I know in the picture! Otherwise, buy the postcard!

I love the pic of Madison and the "hot guy". He is pretty cute! I can't imagine why she didn't want you to ask him to turn around!

Those are my favorite Dr. Seuss stories! I know "What Was I Afraid Of" by heart, too! "Well, I was walking in the night and I saw nothing scary. For I have never been afraid of anything. Not very." Tessa gets a big kick out of the Dave that should have been named Oliver Boliver Butt. I love the message behind the Sneetches. All vastly underrated Dr. Seuss!
My son who is an English Literature major says you can learn all of life's great lessons by reading Dr Seuss. He should know, he is my oldest and heard them all many, many times over in his childhood. The Sneetches book truly is a great message.
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #335
2cutekidz
DIS Veteran

Catching up. Wow! The whole ride with Fred was awesome!! Is Clay still talking about that?
Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #336
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool

I LOVE the pic of Madison. Her face tells the story!! Of course, hooker that I was, at her age I would have tapped him on the shoulder and said, uh, could you just look right over at that camera for a minute And had you ready to snap the shot before he knew what hit'em! Though I must say I was not as pretty as your daughter.

YOU MADE HER TUCK IN HER SHIRT???? What kind of horrid mother are you? You've had us all fooled this entire time
...t.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #337
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post
Thanks for taking time to write a trip report. Now I want to go find some more TRs to read but I really need to do some laundry and finished getting things unpacked and put away before we start school.( We don't start school until next week, but I have to go back on Monday- I'm a speech pathologist in the schools).
You work in the schools, too? Then you understand why I'm in mourning right now!! There are so many great wish trip reports--just be careful. It's addicting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex271 View Post
love the update. Your such a cool mom taking the picture of Madison with the hot guy. The pics of them in the cars are cute too.

becca
I was really doing it to aggravate her, but then she got into it and posed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin+5 View Post
I love your TR. Madison is so funny. My teenagers would do the same thing. They love watching the olympics because of the hot swimmers, . Isn't wonderful to have teenagers. I loved soarin' when we went there .
Teenagers...what can you say? Putting up with, I mean parenting them is so different than it was when they were little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberGreenawalt View Post
I am LOVING your trip report!!!!!! I've been getting on every day to read the updates. I haven't wrtten anything so far because it seems like I am always nursing or have a toddler on my lap at the time --like I do right now. Siennah keeps kicking the key board! Ugh! Anyway I had to write because the picture of Madison with the "hot guy" gave me such a good laugh! Thanks for starting my day off with a smile!
LOL! Madison is a mess! She cracks me up all the time. I cannot even imagine how busy you must be right now. I hope everything is getting settled for you and you are all into a routine. Going by what I know about you so far, I am certain you have it all under control. Still, I hope you're able to get some rest so you'll have plenty of energy to play with those cuties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
LOVING your TR so far! Fred rocks! And that picture of Madison and the hot guy made me laugh. You have no idea how many photos I have JUST LIKE THAT from when I was her age. Good memories!
That's so funny. Do you have a daughter? If so, you'll have to make a little photo album of all those pics that will inspire her to put together one of her own. Or maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea after all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Well you got a lot of the highlights of Epcot done there!
That was all we could really have hoped to do. I would've loved to have ridden Soarin' again, though! And the extreme version of Mission Space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwotinks View Post
I'm getting sad for you that your trip is almost over.

I can't wait to see the world showcase pictures! Those are some of our best days (which I guess I already mentioned!) when we just eat and walk around and talk about how much fun we are having on our trip! There is always so much fun stuff to see in the world showcase.
I know--I'm sad it's almost over, too. I feel like I'm reliving it all as I've typed it all out. I felt like this when I was almost finished with Harry Potter, Book 7. But like I told myself then, I can always go back and reread...and in this case, look at the 2,000 pics!!

Quote:

Oh, so you have a "little spender", too? Not a good thing in Disney!! I loved ET and thought it was really cute, but I wouldn't have thought it was so cute if it was the only thing there to do!! But I do love Universal nowadays, though. There is tons to do there now, and I think you could make an entire trip just to Universal. About the video--yes, I am trying really hard to provide you all with a multi-media experience. The videos are so short, there's not much to them, but Photobucket will only allow short ones and I haven't felt like messing with YouTube lately! I hope to post a really cute one of Shay Lynne with Mickey and Minnie. You have oranges-in-the-mouth-pose pics? You are my best friend!! And THANK YOU for not saying we look like the Whos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutekidz View Post
Catching up. Wow! The whole ride with Fred was awesome!! Is Clay still talking about that?
He is, and he wants to wear his Mummy t-shirt every day that I'll let him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-beri View Post
I LOVE the pic of Madison. Her face tells the story!! Of course, hooker that I was, at her age I would have tapped him on the shoulder and said, uh, could you just look right over at that camera for a minute And had you ready to snap the shot before he knew what hit'em! Though I must say I was not as pretty as your daughter.

YOU MADE HER TUCK IN HER SHIRT???? What kind of horrid mother are you? You've had us all fooled this entire time
...t.
That is hilarious! So you have the really good pics, huh? I should've asked him to turn around for her. She would have just been mortified. I am SO good at embarrassing my kids...I'm surprised I didn't think to do that. Yes, I do all sorts of horrid things to my kids like make them look presentable in public, brush their teeth, eat healthy stuff, etc.... I'm a witch that way. Still waiting to see you get forked on your wedding day!!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #338
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 6, Part 2

Next, we decided to take "a trip around the world in eighty minutes", as Madison later called it. I was looking forward to the World Showcase! But I did realize we wouldn't have a lot of time to explore each country. I don't remember the order of all the countries, but I'll highlight a few here. Those highly knowledgeable of the World Showcase may find the following recount disturbing! Pics are not guaranteed to appear in order!! (I don't know where half of them were taken, exactly--many European countries look the same to me.)

Our first stop that was memorable was in Norway.We loved the big ship and the quaint character of the village! We were SO hot by then, so we decided to go on in and ride the boat. That wasn't too exciting, but it was OK and nice to cool off.

The twins' mascot is the Vikings, so I thought this was a cool pic:

In the store following the ride, we ran into this troll. I just love trolls!! I had to airbrush a stranger out to the right in the pic, so the troll's foot looks kind of funky.

We saw China next...

Then we started trying on hats. We sooo had needed them for the previous pic, so I took a new one of Madison...

Not sure where this is from--I think between China and Germany--but I thought it was such a cool topiary...

Then once we were in Germany, we saw Snow White and Dopey!! I was so excited!!! I liked this Snow White better than the one we'd met at Cinderella's Royal Table...

The Photopass photographer was completely rude, though. We accidentally asked him where to wait instead of the CM, and he abruptly said "Ma'am, I don't make those decisions." Then, when the twins were getting their autographs, Madison was taking pics with her camera and the photographer rudely asked her if she was with "this family". It's hard to convey his tone in print, but trust me. He was rude. But it didn't stop us from loving Snow White and Dopey!

Germany was COOL. I've been to Germany for real, and I just loved this!

Is this Germany, too? Not sure, but it looks Asian to me. I think my pics are just out of order for some reason...

Part 3 coming right up!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #339
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 6, Part 3

Moving on through the world, I think we were in Italy for this pic...

I know this one was taken in France. The Eiffel Tower is a fairly strong clue...

I think we were still in France for this one...

And a random picture of Madison in front of EPCOT Ocean.

Another random pic...

Here is Ty being helpful to push the stroller for me...(he's so sweet...)...

The first time I posted this pic I think I said it was Germany ( ), but actually I think we're in Japan here...

Have no idea where this one was taken...

This was in Canada. Thank goodness for the "O' Canada sign"!!!

YAY! I know where we are here! Morocco...(or am I wrong now, too??)...

We LOVED meeting Aladdin and Jasmine!! Ty said Jasmine's outfit was his favorite. Don't faint!! He was bummed he didn't get a pic with her. He would've had to ask Aladdin to step out of the picture, though, and Ty didn't want to hurt his feelings.

And that concludes our tour through EPCOT. Like I said, I didn't even remember where half the pics were taken, and I'm pretty sure I got the countries out of order--what a crappy tour guide I am. And how embarrassing that I don't have better geography skills. But we had fun! Of course, I'd love to go back and really spend time in all the countries and let the kids do the KIDCOT stations. Or even better, I wouldn't mind going without kids! And husbands!!

It was so hot on this day, and I have never heard such complaining in my life--especially from Madison. Her blisters were absolutely horrible by now. I wondered how she would make it the rest of the day. Here we went toward the exit at EPCOT to get on the Monorail...

Oh, how nice it was to finally be cool on that monorail! Next stop, Magic Kingdom! (Scroll down...)

Last edited by GoofyDoo; 08-31-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #340
jham
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
That's so funny. Do you have a daughter? If so, you'll have to make a little photo album of all those pics that will inspire her to put together one of her own. Or maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea after all....

Still waiting to see you get forked on your wedding day!
OH TAG FAIRY!!!

My DD will be 11 on Monday, and now that you mention it, a couple of weeks ago we were at a neighborhood party and she and her cousin were taking covert cell-phone photos of the cute neighbor boy she likes.

Quote:
Hmmm...I think I married "Money Miser Mike"

Love the Snow White photos! We like Norway too. Mmmm...Kringla bakery...

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #341
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Oh wow, I love your Epcot day.We only got to spend about three hours there so I was pretty bummed.At least I can pretend I was there by looking at your pictures.I LOVE the kids outfits in Epcot. They are super cute.Speaking of cute-that guy in line really was.I kind of feel dirty talking about a kid young enough to be my son.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #342
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

LOL!! I think he was like twenty-seven or thirty-two or something, so that makes it OK. At least let's tell ourselves that. I don't know about you, but I do not feel like I'm in my late thirties. Well, I do in some ways...but you know.

I guess we were at EPCOT for maybe five hours, and that was STILL not nearly enough time to truly see the countries. We just had time to walk through and look at some kiosks and scenery and things like that. I felt rushed at all the parks except MK since we were there for a full day and a half. Each park is definitely worthy of one full day (or more, if possible). I'm considering this to have been a highlight trip. You definitely saw more of DHS than we did, so we'll just have to enjoy each other's pictures of the parks we didn't get enough of!!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #343
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Amy, You are so right. I have been beating myself up about a few things we missed.Paul keep reminding me there was just NO way to do it all.He keeps saying it gives us an excuse to go back. Now I know why I married him!

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #344
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

I loved your tour of Epcot. When you and Heather are really old like I am, your sweet husbands can take you on a leisurely tour of all the parts of Disney World that you had to fly past with the kids. My dear husband is almost as big a lover of disney as I am. He is so excited for Karlyn's trip that he can hardly wait. I will also say that when it comes to our trips to "the World" he is very generous with the things he lets me buy. Remember my picture of all the grandkids in Disney World Shirts? He picked out most of them! And each time we go, he buys me a new Disney Snow Globe

I am loving both your reports and it makes me so excited for the days to pass until we go.

Thanks for the great pictures both of you!
Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #345
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 6, Part 4

We made it to Magic Kingdom, and I was thinking we would make our 4:10pm reservations for Liberty Tree Tavern after all (earlier I'd had my doubts). On the way in I got Madison a wheelchair, even though Lance thought it was ridiculous. But she and Ty had made a deal to take turns pushing each other, and I thought it would be a good way to stop all the complaining. I would've done anything at that point! I just told them I wasn't pushing!! The deal they made was that Madison would push Ty for the first thirty minutes, and Ty would push Madison for the rest of the afternoon. I don't think it quite worked out that way, but Ty said whatever he needed to to get to go first.

We got to MK just in time for the 3pm parade, and we all ate Mickey ice cream bars while we watched--we hadn't had lunch! I'll spare you the parade pics, but I took one of every float. I can't believe we got a great spot right at the last minute. I just love that parade even though it was blazin' hot both days we saw it.

The Photopass guy took this with my camera...

A few more random ones in front of the castle...

I ADORE this statue. Don't you?

Isn't that sweet? I tear up when I see it. That Mickey Mouse! He's so adorable. And to think of all the joy these two have brought to the world!

On our way around the castle, just look who we ran into!! I was SO EXCITED!!!

Look at the pink one (which one is she?) pointing to Clay's outfit. She noticed it right away and asked if mice made it!

They were in such great character. Shay Lynne said the evil step-mother was MEAN. Look at her here...

The twins were pretty much in awe...

It was a blast seeing them! I am interested in eating at 1900 Park Fare some day, so I was especially thrilled we got to see these three.

Now it was almost time to eat at LTT, so we headed for Liberty Square. We had time to ride the Haunted Mansion really quickly, so we did that. I would never be able to get enough of that ride. It's spectacular!!! Here is Madison in front of it. Everyone was getting sick of posing for me by this time, but Madison is always afraid of looking dorky in pics, so she'll always smile for me.

Afterwards, it was time to head toward Liberty Tree Tavern for "lupper".

Day 6, Part 5-6

Last edited by GoofyDoo; 08-31-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: