Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?
EPCOT 4 13.79%
Hollywood Studios 1 3.45%
Magic Kingdom 24 82.76%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #316
bex271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post

Is Jonah as sad today as I am? It is torture having to go back!! I'm so depressed!!!! Now I can't constantly play on DIS anymore!! In fact, I shouldn't be on right now.
He was ready to go until we got in the van. Then when we got to the school and saw his new classmates he really got upset and then he saw his nurse (love her) he was o.k. until it was time for me to leave. I'm going to worry about him all morning. The kids in his class are not behaved like the ones he was with last year. I'm just praying that they don't rub off on him or set him back any.

becca

I hope you have a good day at school.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #317
princessjv
DIS Veteran

I am utterly impressed by the theming of the resort! Truly amazing and what a wonderful place for children who have suffered so much to be enthralled in Magic!

Thank you for sharing so much of your trip. There was so much to do in your stay. I bet you all were exhausted when you arrived back home.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #318
Louise Ellis
Earning My Ears

Subbing...too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
Do you volunteer at GKTW? I would love to!! Thank you for the info on US. After what you've said, I feel even more that we were just lucky!!
Hope I have this quoting thing right - I've been lucky enough to volunteer through work (wish I had more availability to do so!) both at GKTW and at the Boogy Creek Gang Camp (similar to the Hole in the Wall Gang camps) just north of Orlando. Both are amazing, and I love the way the entire family is nutured and cared for as well as the amazing things they do for so many people!

Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Louise
Old 08-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #319
Lambflock
Mouseketeer

I am loving your trip report! The outfits are awesome!

I can't wait to read the next installment!!!

Mama to:
Hank (8) My Wish Child Mackenzie (6) And wife to Kevin (13 yrs)

Link to pre-trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post26894514 Link to Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2011883
Old 08-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #320
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
I am utterly impressed by the theming of the resort! Truly amazing and what a wonderful place for children who have suffered so much to be enthralled in Magic!

Thank you for sharing so much of your trip. There was so much to do in your stay. I bet you all were exhausted when you arrived back home.
We were so completely exhausted! It's always good to be home, but this is the first time on vacation that I truly was sad to be leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise Ellis View Post
Hope I have this quoting thing right - I've been lucky enough to volunteer through work (wish I had more availability to do so!) both at GKTW and at the Boogy Creek Gang Camp (similar to the Hole in the Wall Gang camps) just north of Orlando. Both are amazing, and I love the way the entire family is nutured and cared for as well as the amazing things they do for so many people!

Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Louise
All of the volunteers at GKTW are amazing and fabulous! I hope to be one some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambflock View Post
I am loving your trip report! The outfits are awesome!

I can't wait to read the next installment!!!
I'm trying to get there...today was my first day back to work since early June, and I'm dragging!! I'm working on the pics now, though.

Thank you all for reading!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #321
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Ok well now that I'm crying about the Fred part....

What a great TR so far. Looks like you guys had so much fun! Can't believe that you are the mom of teenagers though!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #322
tinkerbeth
Goin' back soon!!

Loving your trip report so far!!!

I am looking at the pictures with ds6 and he is impatient to see all the pictures so I have to go back and read it all. I will catch up after I put him into bed.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #323
tinkerbeth
Goin' back soon!!

Okay, put Gabe in bed and then came down and read through the TR so far. I cried like a wee baby when I read about Fred. That is one of the nicest things I've ever heard of. And good for you for writing Universal to commend him. Isn't it amazing how you can change people's lives with just a little kindness? He could have done his job and just been friendly and polite but with just a little extra effort, he made a memory that your family will always remember. I hope I remember to do that in my life too. What a great lesson.

Looking forward to reading more but sad that the end is coming!!!

Beth
Old 08-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #324
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Ok well now that I'm crying about the Fred part....

What a great TR so far. Looks like you guys had so much fun! Can't believe that you are the mom of teenagers though!!!!
Aww, thank you!! I got an early start at age 22!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbeth View Post
Loving your trip report so far!!!

I am looking at the pictures with ds6 and he is impatient to see all the pictures so I have to go back and read it all. I will catch up after I put him into bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbeth View Post
Okay, put Gabe in bed and then came down and read through the TR so far. I cried like a wee baby when I read about Fred. That is one of the nicest things I've ever heard of. And good for you for writing Universal to commend him. Isn't it amazing how you can change people's lives with just a little kindness? He could have done his job and just been friendly and polite but with just a little extra effort, he made a memory that your family will always remember. I hope I remember to do that in my life too. What a great lesson.

Looking forward to reading more but sad that the end is coming!!!

Beth
You are so right. The many kindnesses we experienced while meeting the characters was so moving, but for Fred to go above and beyond like that truly was the experience of a lifetime and the highlight of the trip! My hope, same as you, is to remember what a little kindness can mean to someone else.

Don't worry--I will have to drag it out to the end until I finish since I'm back at school. But I'll post about EPCOT here in a few...
Old 08-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #325
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful trip report! We've been on vacation and just got home last night so I read the entire thing tonight. Such wonderful pictures- my favorite is still the one of the twins looking at the castle. And the story of Fred is just so magical. Maybe we'll spend our extra 1/2 day at US. I hate to hear that you encountered cranky CMs-especially on a wish trip. We've never seen a cranky CM at DL- even on a regular trip. Maybe it was the heat- it sure gets hot in Florida in the summer.

I cracked up at the picture of Ty carrying Clay. Tucker carries Nathan all the time when he was tired, so when I read the caption, I expected to see Ty carrying his little brother like Tucker does- legs and arms wrapped around him. Then to see him carrying him over his shoulder and Clay just as relaxed as can be- just made me laugh out loud.

I wore crocs all 8 days at DL and not a single blister- but I wear mine when I go walking and everything. William, Sam and Nathan wore theirs most of the time without any problem ( well, Nathan got some blisters but never felt them. I think he has a high pain threshold). David bought some just for the trip, wore them one day, got blisters and went back to his tennis shoes. Of course, Tucker thinks he is way too "cool" for crocs!

I can't wait to show the kids pictures from GKTW- they are going to get so excited!

Thanks for taking time to write a trip report. Now I want to go find some more TRs to read but I really need to do some laundry and finished getting things unpacked and put away before we start school.( We don't start school until next week, but I have to go back on Monday- I'm a speech pathologist in the schools).

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
Old 08-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #326
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Day 6, Part 1

Today was EPCOT day! After we'd had seen EPCOT, we'd planned to go to Magic Kingdom again for the late afternoon/evening. I was really excited to see EPCOT since I'd never been on my previous two visits to WDW. I knew we wouldn't get to spend tons of time there, but I there were a couple of rides I really wanted to do in Future World, and I wanted to at least walk through the World Showcase and see if we could find a few characters. I also thought it would be cool for my kids to see the different "countries". Shay Lynne was going to wear her Minnie outfit from Denise/mytwotinks (Denise had told me how much she loves EPCOT, so I thought this was appropriate!), and Clay was going to wear his Pirate Mickey outfit from Lisa/LisaZoe. He'd been anxious to wear it! We were so excited!!

The first thing we did was walk back toward Nemo. We rode it, and although it wasn't a thrill ride, we did think it was cute. I had kind of wanted them to get to do Turtle Talk with Crush, but when we came out they were between shows and we chose not to wait for it. Lance, Ty, and Shay Lynne went and looked at the aquariums afterward while Madison, Clay, and I looked in the giftshop. There was a very rude CM there, I remember. We'd asked her where to enter the ride with Clay's button when we'd first come in, and she was very abrupt and snotty about where to go. We just didn't have a good feeling. We still enjoyed the ride, though.

Next, we moved on to Soarin'. It was AWESOME!!! We absolutely loved it. I loved how it felt cool in the wind and you could smell the orchards. I thought it was just phenomenal. Definitely one of my faves. On the way to Soarin' we'd passed the EPCOT character spot, and once again, we passed it on the way back over to the other side of Future World. Oh, it was hard to pass those characters up. It had been so much fun to see them and their interaction with the kids thus far. That truly ended up possibly being my favorite part of the trip.

But we moved onto Mission Space. I'd read about everyone saying to stay away from the more intense version, so I took Clay on the milder version while everyone else did the extreme ride. Clay was upset about that until I explained that we were going on the same ride without the spinning. Once we got in there, he loved it and he wasn't upset anymore. I was just worried about all that spinning with him. We don't want another seizure! After the ride, Lance said he knew Clay would've been fine doing the extreme version, so I was kind of bummed that we missed it. Oh, well. The other was still really fun. I'm pretty sure these pics came from the Mission Space store. I can't believe Shay Lynne had her shirt tail out!! Don't worry--I fixed it for later.

Outside Mission Space...

We rode Test Track after Mission Space, but there was a problem with the ride and we went really slow all the way through until the end. We were bummed about that, so at the end, we asked if we could ride again and we did. It was much better the second time, although to me it doesn't compare to the better rollercoasters and other thrill rides. I thought it was a bit jerky.

These next pics came from the entry/exit of Test Track.

They really look like they're driving, don't you think? HAHAHAHAHA!!! But they thought so at the time.

Here is a pic of Madison waiting in line. She thought the guy in front of her was hot, so she wanted her pic taken with him. He wouldn't turn around, though. She wouldn't let me ask him to--not sure why.

Onto the World Showcase!

Day 6, Part 2-4

Last edited by GoofyDoo; 08-31-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #327
bex271
Mouseketeer

love the update. Your such a cool mom taking the picture of Madison with the hot guy. The pics of them in the cars are cute too.

becca
Old 08-13-2008, 07:36 AM   #328
Robin+5
Mouseketeer

I love your TR. Madison is so funny. My teenagers would do the same thing. They love watching the olympics because of the hot swimmers, . Isn't wonderful to have teenagers. I loved soarin' when we went there .
Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #329
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

I am LOVING your trip report!!!!!! I've been getting on every day to read the updates. I haven't wrtten anything so far because it seems like I am always nursing or have a toddler on my lap at the time --like I do right now. Siennah keeps kicking the key board! Ugh! Anyway I had to write because the picture of Madison with the "hot guy" gave me such a good laugh! Thanks for starting my day off with a smile!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #330
jham
DIS Veteran

LOVING your TR so far! Fred rocks! And that picture of Madison and the hot guy made me laugh. You have no idea how many photos I have JUST LIKE THAT from when I was her age. Good memories!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: