Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?
EPCOT 4 13.79%
Hollywood Studios 1 3.45%
Magic Kingdom 24 82.76%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2008, 12:27 AM   #226
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

We're back!!

Thank you EVERYONE for wishing us well! We had a fabulous time! We've only been home about an hour, and everyone is absolutely exhausted. We had many magical moments, and we got more compliments are the kids' outfits than I could possibly count. The autograph books were a huge hit, too. One volunteer who asked about the books has already found the DISboards!! We have lots of unpacking to do (well...most of us do as my suitcase seems to have been lost on the flight home and I'm still waiting to hear--it has every pair of shorts I own in it, and when we landed at 7:40pm, it was still 104 degrees here in Texas!). We pretty much got everything major done that we wanted to do. We went to SeaWorld today, on our way to the airport!! That was our sixth and final park to visit. I look forward to posting lots of pics for you in the next couple of days!!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #227
bex271
Mouseketeer

Welcome home, I'm happy to hear that you had a good time and that the outfits were a big hit as well as the autograph books. I hope that your luggage is found soon. WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becca
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #228
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Welcome Back!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 08-05-2008, 06:43 AM   #229
Robin+5
Mouseketeer

Welcome Home

I am glad you had a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it. You need a vacation from your vacation I hope your suitcase is found soon.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:56 AM   #230
mommyof2princesses
Being mom to 2 princessess is a lot of work!

Welcome home! Can't wait to read your trip report!

2/2014 Boardwalk Girls only!12/2013 POFQ FD1/29/12 POFQ FD POP 1/11 FD! Disneyland 4/10 POFQ 9/09 FD
AKL 9/08 POFQ 9/07 FD POFQ 9/06 FDg POFQ 10/05 Kids first trip!
Off property Honeymoon Trip 12/00 Off property 4/82 My first trip!
http://myrunningshoeisaglasssliper.blogspot.com/
Old 08-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #231
Clutterbug
Mouseketeer

Welcome home! Sorry to hear about your suitcase. I hope it turns up soon. I'm so glad to hear that you had a Magical Trip. I'm also beyond thrilled that the autograph books worked well for you. And you even recruited us a new Fairy Godmother for the Big Give! Now get some rest - LOL!!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #232
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Welcome back! Sorry about the suitcase. I'm sure it will show up soon. I am so glad you had a wonderful time. 6 parks I can't believe it. You must have speed walked everywhere!

Can't wait for details.
Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #233
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

Welcome home! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #234
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

WELCOME HOME

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #235
HeatherSue

Welcome back!! We can't wait to hear all about your trip! But, you must be exhausted, so get some rest first!!

Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #236
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

A quick overview, plus a few pics to get you started...

After a day of resting and replenishing the refrigerator with a trip to the store, I want to post a few pictures for you (we took about two thousand as we had three cameras with us the entire time!). We truly had the experience of a lifetime, and I know that all of Clay's wishes were definitely fulfilled. Everyone at Give Kids the World Village was just amazing. They spoiled us rotten!! That is the most amazing place, and Madison is already asking if she and I can go back next summer and volunteer there. I would love to do that!! I feel such deep emotion when I think of all the angels there and when I think of what they do for families like ours every day. We came home feeling like we hit the highlights of each park we visited, and the only thing I'm sad about is that we didn't get a decent spot during Spectromagic. But we saw the afternoon parade twice! The kids got to meet almost all their favorite characters. In fact, I can't think of anyone we didn't run into at some point that they truly wanted to see. We had an absolute blast at Disney, and I am so glad to have seen all four parks! And Universal--well, we had a completely amazing time at both Universal parks, and let's just say that our most magical moment happened there. More on that later--I don't want to ruin any surprises to be included in my upcoming trip report. I am so very, very glad we didn't decide to skip Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure! SeaWorld was something we probably could've done without, although feeding and petting the dolphins was a blast. It's just that we live in Texas and have been to the SeaWorld in San Antonio and we like ours better than Florida's. It was just so hot that day, and we had a very short time to cover a large, spread-out park. I'm glad we did it, though, as I could never tire of watching those whales and dolphins. This will shock many people, but after being on these boards for so long and reading of others' experiences, I had come to expect that Disney would be where we would be treated so well, but Universal Studios actually prevailed for us in this area. We were treated like royalty there, whereas the Disney CMs seemed to have a rather "ho-hum" attitude toward us for the most part (maybe the heat and the crowds made everyone grouchy). There were some that stood out, of course--mainly those at the character greets, but it didn't compare to the treatment we received at Universal. The important thing is that we did get to go to the front of the lines most of the time and were able to do more than we otherwise would've been able to do had it not been a wish trip. Nothing can replace Disney for their beloved characters and all those timeless stories they tell with their theming throughout the parks. Being there truly is like being in another world, and no amount of grouchiness could keep us from having a magical time. I can't wait to go back to all the parks, and I hope it's soon!

Clay got kissed by more princesses than we could count...

Shay Lynne LOVED meeting all of her favorites...

Here are a few more favorites (Goofy was pretty popular!)...

We had a variety of adventures...

Everything was tiring, but FUN!!...

We did entirely too much of this...

...which is why my arm looks like this...

Clay was glad to get to see Goofy one last time, on our last morning at GKTW...

All in all, it was a magical time for everyone!!

I promise I have TONS more to show and tell, but for the moment, let me just say that everything you DISboutiquers did for my family just made it all so perfect. It was beyond awesome to be walking through the parks and have people comment on the twins' outfits and autograph books and to ask where we got them! I had so much fun ironing all of it, folding it, packing it, and spreading the outfits across the bed each morning. It was just perfect, and that's all I can say. I assume I'm not banned from your thread anymore? Let me know as I'd like to come over and say a "thank you" there!!

By the way, for the past few weeks I have been praying fervently about several things regarding our trip. For one thing, my eighty-nine-year-old grandmother has been very sick and I was worried to death about something happening to her--but so far, so good. For another, I have been down in my back all summer, and I saw a neurosurgeon five days before we left and learned that I have two herniated disks. However, I was miraculously able to be admitted for shots in my spine that made me virtually pain-free during the entire week of the trip. Also, Lance got home from his trip on Sunday before we were to leave on Tuesday, and he had a toothache. He was miraculously able to get into a dentist who has never seen him before for an antibiotic and pain meds--he has to have a root canal, though, but he did fine during the trip! And then with four kids it seems that someone is always sick. One morning during the week, Ty told me is throat hurt. I almost panicked because my kids get strep throat all the time--even Madison, who has no tonsils! But Ty ate breakfast and felt better immediately. I just prayed everyone would stay healthy and nothing bad would happen through our trip. One night at the pool, Clay got over into some deep water and couldn't stay afloat, but I was studying a map of EPCOT and didn't see it! Lance saw, though, and jumped in, clothes and all, to pull him out at the same instant that another dad saw him and swam toward him. All was well there, and instead of succumbing to the horror of it, I just said a prayer of gratitude and accepted it as a reminder of how blessed we are to have Clay. And then today--the very day after flying home--Shay Lynne has run a temp of 101 all day! I think it's viral, but I am so thankful she didn't get sick any sooner!!! I am so thankful we were all miraculously healthy and safe for our trip. So it has been evident that God was smiling upon us during these past few days because more than a few miracles occurred for us so that we could have the trip of a lifetime!

p.s. My suitcase was delivered early this afternoon!!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #237
HeatherSue

THANK YOU for the TR teaser!!!! LOOOOOVE the pictures and the commentary!! I'm sorry to hear the CMs were grumpy. We had a LOT of grumpy CMs on our trip. I write about every one of them in my TR! Okay, maybe not ALL of them, but lots of them. Oh no! It looks like you had the same Wendy we did! Here's hoping she was in a better mood the day you saw her! Can't wait to read more!!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #238
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Love the pictures. Everyone is so cute, or darling or handsome or whatever the appropriate adjective would be. I am still in awe that you did all six parks. I think with our smaller people, we will be hard pressed to achieve such a great accomplishment. I can't wait for details. Your Big Give things are so cool. We are starting to see packages at our house and it has been so much fun.

I finished all my Hawaiian projects and today took on a kind of rush job that I hope to have done in a day or two. My girls are pitching in to help and that will cut the time down as well. It is similar to the Big Give but no where near as wonderful as the things we have seen from those folks.

Glad the suitcase showed up! They usually do but the worry is awful Again, welcome back.

Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #239
princessjv
DIS Veteran

What a great precursor for the report to come. The pictures are great! Your appreciation is uplifting.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #240
jham
DIS Veteran

Wow! I'm so glad you had a great trip! I'm already bawling and the official TR hasn't even started yet! Thanks for some preview pictures though! Welcome Home!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: