Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?
EPCOT 4 13.79%
Hollywood Studios 1 3.45%
Magic Kingdom 24 82.76%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #151
Clutterbug
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad that they are happy with their books! I laughed when you said that they wanted to write in them now. Megan and Wyatt both ended up with a few pages in the back of their books where they exchanged autographs with their cousins, played tic, tac, toe and hangman and doodled. I guess that's a good keepsake too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
Thank you so much!! We are so excited to see what you sent!!!! What a gorgeous daughter you have!!! She is just absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I love her face paint and her leopard-print Mickey! Shay Lynne would love to have her face painted like that! Thank you for sharing about AK. It is so very hard to think about doing four parks in three days!! We are going to try our hardest to get there first thing in the morning, then probably stay until 2pm or so. I hope that with going to the front of the lines, it'll be enough time there. The early afternoon hours worry me for Clay, though. I guess that's what the Rapids are for!
We got to AK first thing in the morning and we had done pretty much everything that we wanted by 2pm. I didn't get to see the Nemo show, but that was more because the kids were not at all thrilled with the long line.

Isn't Emily beautiful? Our kids were very pleased with their AK face painting as well. They do a fabulous job and had several spots so they did all 4 kids once.

Here they are in the process (my nephew was off to the side so you can't see him)

And done

Quote:
Something occurred to me this morning. I hope it's OK with the DISboutiquers that I have let the kids wear their outfits before our trip!! It's just that they have been so very, very excited to receive each and every item, so I told them they could wear their things one time only before our trip, then everything would have to be washed and into the suitcase. I hope that's OK!! They are so proud of their new things!! If this is not standard practice for Disney customs, I hope you'll forgive me!
I think everyone will be very pleased that the kids love the outfits enough to get lots of wear out if them.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #152
mytwotinks
It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one out there who can't keep themselves from saying extremely stupid things!
I am going to start carrying a shovel with me to dig a hole so I can hide in

I know that it makes me super happy to think that Shay Lynne might wear the outfit I made her other than the trip! They are for you guys, so if wearing them now helps build you excitedment for your trip, that is terrific!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #153
HeatherSue

Quote:
I really wish I could hug all of them in person. But a cyber hug will have to do, I guess-->
There you go, making me cry again.

Quote:
Something occurred to me this morning. I hope it's OK with the DISboutiquers that I have let the kids wear their outfits before our trip!! It's just that they have been so very, very excited to receive each and every item, so I told them they could wear their things one time only before our trip, then everything would have to be washed and into the suitcase. I hope that's OK!! They are so proud of their new things!! If this is not standard practice for Disney customs, I hope you'll forgive me!
I LOVE it that Clay has already wore the shirt I made him! My kids wear their Disney clothes all over the place. Tessa just wore her minnie dot dress to a party today. So, feel free to let them wear them wherever you'd like! Like LisaZoe said, they're yours (er...they're the kid's)!!

Quote:
I plan to write down EVERYTHING!! I don't ever want to forget anything we do. That's one reason I want to do a trip report. But I'll have to do it as soon as I get back, though, because I'll have less than a week before I have to start work again, and after that I'll be busy for the duration of another school year....
Good luck with finishing it in less than a week! I've been working on my trip report for 2 months and I just finished the 6th day!

Old 07-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #154
2cutekidz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutterbug View Post
I'm so glad that they are happy with their books! I laughed when you said that they wanted to write in them now. Megan and Wyatt both ended up with a few pages in the back of their books where they exchanged autographs with their cousins, played tic, tac, toe and hangman and doodled. I guess that's a good keepsake too.

We got to AK first thing in the morning and we had done pretty much everything that we wanted by 2pm. I didn't get to see the Nemo show, but that was more because the kids were not at all thrilled with the long line.

Isn't Emily beautiful? Our kids were very pleased with their AK face painting as well. They do a fabulous job and had several spots so they did all 4 kids once.

Here they are in the process (my nephew was off to the side so you can't see him)

And done

I think everyone will be very pleased that the kids love the outfits enough to get lots of wear out if them.
Awww...thanks! I thiink she's a cutie too, but I'm a bit biased.

I love the picture of all 4 kids getting their faces painted.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #155
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Animal Kingdom

AK was a good time for all of us. We are definitely animal lovers. The Festival of the Lion King is something I will never forget. It was hot though.

Bill
Old 07-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #156
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

More Pixie Dust!

Today we got the sweetest token of "pixie dust" in the mail!!! Someone's child colored the sweetest picture! Shay Lynne said, "That's a good colorer!!" (she is all into coloring--well, they both are, but Shay Lynne takes it WAY more seriously than Clay). The picture says at the top "from your friends at the DISboutique, then at the bottom it says "Magical wishes and pixie dust for a wonderful trip!". The back of the envelope has three stickers, including Cinderella, Belle, and Aerial, and believe me when I say they did not go unnoticed! Shay Lynne said, "Mama, we CAN'T throw those away!" There was no return address, but I want to say THANK YOU!!! Your gesture of "pixie dust" means so much!!! We are finding every single gesture so very touching, and just knowing that you took the time out of your day, and that your child colored a picture for us...well, it is so touching that it brings yet another round of tears to my eyes! I am turning into a water faucet!! Thank you so much for wishing us a magical trip and for brightening our day.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:45 PM   #157
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
Sorry, I missed the part about PM and translated it as "post"
No worries!! You can trust me!!! But it's hard for me sometimes! I'm having withdrawals from your thread. Please let me know when it's safe to come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaZoe View Post
They are YOURS (well, your kids') to do with as you want. For my part, I was thrilled to know Clay slept in the set I made for him. To me that's a sure sign he liked it and found it to be comfortable to wear.
I feel like they are just as much mine as theirs because it all makes me so happy, too! He totally LOVES his Pirate Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutterbug View Post

I am sure hoping we can get everything done at AK by early afternoon! I LOVE the pics of your kids (and the outfits they're wearing!). My kids think the face-painting is ultra-cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwotinks View Post
I know that it makes me super happy to think that Shay Lynne might wear the outfit I made her other than the trip! They are for you guys, so if wearing them now helps build you excitedment for your trip, that is terrific!!!
I'm so glad you are all feeling that way. She will have her new clothes on every minute possible, as will Clay. You are the sweetest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
There you go, making me cry again.

I LOVE it that Clay has already wore the shirt I made him! My kids wear their Disney clothes all over the place. Tessa just wore her minnie dot dress to a party today. So, feel free to let them wear them wherever you'd like! Like LisaZoe said, they're yours (er...they're the kid's)!!

Good luck with finishing it in less than a week! I've been working on my trip report for 2 months and I just finished the 6th day!
Thank you, Heather!! Clay keeps asking if he can wear his outfits (I mean, new clothes) to school. So cute!! And WE'LL SEE about the trip report. It's just that I get SO busy once school starts. I really want to do a great report, though, and I hope not to drag it out for too long. I want you all to see everyone in their outfits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Lin View Post
AK was a good time for all of us. We are definitely animal lovers. The Festival of the Lion King is something I will never forget. It was hot though.

Bill
We really are animal lovers, too! And the Lion King show is definitely one of my top must-dos!!! One thing's sure, though...if it was hot when you went, it will be SCORCHING when we are there!!

Stay tuned for a report on the package we received today!!...
Old 07-20-2008, 01:08 AM   #158
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Another package!!

We got another package today! This came from Nicole (DISid: mommyof2princesses), and she sent something for everyone in the entire family!! She is SO sweet!!! She made Shay Lynne a colored pencil holder, and it has those beloved princesses on it. The child has never seen anything so cool! You just don't understand how artsy she is!! This is perfect for her, and she is so proud of it. Then she sent Lance a Grumpy t-shirt! The kids laughed and laughed when they pulled it out of the box, saying "Daddy really DOES need this"--LOL!! She also sent four magic washcloths from The Disney Store, one for each of the kids. They have Aerial, Buzz Lightyear, and the blue Power Ranger on them. They LOVE them!! I took pics of them watching the washcloths "grow". Madison isn't home yet, but she will have some surprises on Tuesday!! And then she also sent me a pink wallet on it with Hidden Mickeys!! I saw a bag in this print on disneyshopping.com and it was sold out, so when I saw this and read that it was for me, I flipped!!! I LOVE IT!!! I already have my stuff switched over!!

Isn't this wallet the cutest??? Can you see some Hidden Mickeys?

And here are some close-ups of the pencil holder...

Nicole's daughter sent the sweetest picture that says "Have a fun day at Disney!". We love it!!

And here are the kids, mesmerized as they watched their magic washcloths grow...

We'll get Daddy to model his Grumpy shirt when he gets home from his trip. The kids already told him he has a surprise waiting!! Nicole, you are beyond generous!! Thank you so very much for all you have done to get us excited! Again, words simply cannot express our gratitude.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #159
HeatherSue

Quote:
Today we got the sweetest token of "pixie dust" in the mail!!! Someone's child colored the sweetest picture! Shay Lynne said, "That's a good colorer!!" (she is all into coloring--well, they both are, but Shay Lynne takes it WAY more seriously than Clay). The picture says at the top "from your friends at the DISboutique, then at the bottom it says "Magical wishes and pixie dust for a wonderful trip!". The back of the envelope has three stickers, including Cinderella, Belle, and Aerial, and believe me when I say they did not go unnoticed! Shay Lynne said, "Mama, we CAN'T throw those away!" There was no return address, but I want to say THANK YOU!!! Your gesture of "pixie dust" means so much!!! We are finding every single gesture so very touching, and just knowing that you took the time out of your day, and that your child colored a picture for us...well, it is so touching that it brings yet another round of tears to my eyes! I am turning into a water faucet!! Thank you so much for wishing us a magical trip and for brightening our day.

Oh my goodness, how sweet is that!?

Quote:
We got another package today! This came from Nicole (DISid: mommyof2princesses), and she sent something for everyone in the entire family!! She is SO sweet!!! She made Shay Lynne a colored pencil holder, and it has those beloved princesses on it. The child has never seen anything so cool! You just don't understand how artsy she is!! This is perfect for her, and she is so proud of it. Then she sent Lance a Grumpy t-shirt! The kids laughed and laughed when they pulled it out of the box, saying "Daddy really DOES need this"--LOL!! She also sent four magic washcloths from The Disney Store, one for each of the kids. They have Aerial, Buzz Lightyear, and the blue Power Ranger on them. They LOVE them!! I took pics of them watching the washcloths "grow". Madison isn't home yet, but she will have some surprises on Tuesday!! And then she also sent me a pink wallet on it with Hidden Mickeys!! I saw a bag in this print on disneyshopping.com and it was sold out, so when I saw this and read that it was for me, I flipped!!! I LOVE IT!!! I already have my stuff switched over!!

Isn't this wallet the cutest??? Can you see some Hidden Mickeys?

And here are some close-ups of the pencil holder...

Nicole's daughter sent the sweetest picture that says "Have a fun day at Disney!". We love it!!

And here are the kids, mesmerized as they watched their magic washcloths grow...

We'll get Daddy to model his Grumpy shirt when he gets home from his trip. The kids already told him he has a surprise waiting!! Nicole, you are beyond generous!! Thank you so very much for all you have done to get us excited! Again, words simply cannot express our gratitude.
What a sweetie that Nicole is! She's so thoughtful to send a Grumpy shirt for Lance, a wallet for you (I LOVE that wallet), and washclothes for the kids. It's so exciting to see them open this stuff because we don't always hear about the extra "pixie dust". So cool!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #160
2cutekidz
DIS Veteran

Lovin all the new stuff!! All of the Pixie Dust is so sweet! Your mailman must be very popular right now!!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #161
mommyof2princesses
Being mom to 2 princessess is a lot of work!

I am so glad everyone liked what we sent! It is funny about the wallet...I almost got the bag..we still have a few on clearance..and I thought, nah.. she doesn't need another bag! Glad you liked the wallet! The kids look so cute watching the washclothes grow! We love those here and use them everywhere! The colored pencil holder can probably hold 2 pencils per pocket if she needs to bring more!

2/2014 Boardwalk Girls only!12/2013 POFQ FD1/29/12 POFQ FD POP 1/11 FD! Disneyland 4/10 POFQ 9/09 FD
AKL 9/08 POFQ 9/07 FD POFQ 9/06 FDg POFQ 10/05 Kids first trip!
Off property Honeymoon Trip 12/00 Off property 4/82 My first trip!
http://myrunningshoeisaglasssliper.blogspot.com/
Old 07-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #162
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Oh my goodness, how sweet is that!?

What a sweetie that Nicole is! She's so thoughtful to send a Grumpy shirt for Lance, a wallet for you (I LOVE that wallet), and washclothes for the kids. It's so exciting to see them open this stuff because we don't always hear about the extra "pixie dust". So cool!
Nicole is very sweet!! EVERYONE loved the treats!! Hey, Heather, how did you get those pics to be smaller in your reply?? I want to know how to do that!!! I want to be a DIS expert poster like you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutekidz View Post
Lovin all the new stuff!! All of the Pixie Dust is so sweet! Your mailman must be very popular right now!!
You're correct...we are lovin' the mailman right now at my house!!! We have had tons of unexpected pixie dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2princesses View Post
I am so glad everyone liked what we sent! It is funny about the wallet...I almost got the bag..we still have a few on clearance..and I thought, nah.. she doesn't need another bag! Glad you liked the wallet! The kids look so cute watching the washclothes grow! We love those here and use them everywhere! The colored pencil holder can probably hold 2 pencils per pocket if she needs to bring more!
She is using those pencils like crazy!! And thank you for sending a sharpener, too! For some reason, we are obsessed with pencil sharpeners in my house!! My eyeliner sharpeners even disappear out of the bathroom! Drives me crazy!!! Last night, the kids couldn't wait for their showers because they were intent on using their new Disney rags!!! (Well, we call them rags even if they're new...that might be a Texas thing, or it might be just a weird family thing...not sure.)
Old 07-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #163
tinkerbeth
Goin' back soon!!

Subbing in. I have read read this whole thread today and I am WELLING UP every time I read it! Looking forward to reading the rest. The things people have sent the kids are so amazing. Makes me proud to be a DIS'er.

Beth
Old 07-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #164
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbeth View Post
Subbing in. I have read read this whole thread today and I am WELLING UP every time I read it! Looking forward to reading the rest. The things people have sent the kids are so amazing. Makes me proud to be a DIS'er.

Beth
Glad to have you along for the ride! I checked out your PTR as well. I am sorta kinda regretting not booking any character dining, although I doubt we'll have much time for anything like that, but if you were to recommend some things, which would they be if our main interest is Micky & Friends and/or the princesses? Just curious...and I hope I haven't made a big mistake by not booking. I have heard, however, that sometimes magic can be worked once we get there, even without ressies.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #165
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

More Mail!!!

I cannot believe this package that we got today!!! It is from Leslie (DISid: "2cutekidz"), and I am blown away by what it contained. Here are the kids opening the package...

They needed a little help...

Finally open!

Not one, but TWO outfits for Shay Lynne!! See how she started laying them out on the table, just "so", so she could have a good look?

Leslie made her a zebra-striped Minnie head outfit, and a to-live-for twirly skirt!!! (I apologize in advance for all my use of incorrect sewing terminology throughout this Big Give!!!) It is just precious!!! She was so excited!! There was also a SpongeBob outfit!!! She said "Now I have a SpongeBob outfit, too!!!". It is just adorable! And then we read the letter inside, and Leslie explained that SpongeBob is from her daughter, Emily (whose beauty you can see in a pic posted a few posts back...). Anyway, Emily had seen Clay's SpongeBob shirt that Jessica made for him and wanted Shay Lynne to have a matching outfit! How sweet is that??? The letter explained that Emily helped her mom with the whole thing, from picking out the fabric and thread to helping her mom applique the tank. She is only almost six!!! Shay Lynne just loved it and says she wishes she could sew like Emily!

OK, notice Clay in the background in this pic. He has found a package within the package, addressed to him!

Surprise!! He got a matching Mickey head t-shirt!!!

These will be PERFECT for Animal Kingdom!!! I am so, so excited! And it's sleeveless and everything...and I had been worrying about the heat in AK!!! PERFECT!!! Do you know how much I miss having my twins match? The only way I can anymore is with camo!!! Now they can match for TWO DAYS, and I cannot tell you how excited I am!!! Well, actually three days counting our WISH 2008 shirts!!

Clay went to put his new shirt out on display, too...

Just before modeling...

OK, I think I'd better do two posts here b/c I am going to go over the limit...stay tuned for modeling and lots of twirling....

Last edited by GoofyDoo; 07-21-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: