Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Walt Disney World park?
EPCOT 4 13.79%
Hollywood Studios 1 3.45%
Magic Kingdom 24 82.76%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #136
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Autograph Books!!!

Oh, my goodness...today we received yet another package! We got the cutest, most awesome autograph books today! They are from Amy (what a great name she has! ) DISid: "Clutterbug". Clay's has Mickey and friends on the inside and outside covers, both on the front and back, and Shay Lynne's has the princesses!! She decorated them so adorably and sent pens to match!! Clay's even has Mickey Mouse buttons on the front, and Shay Lynne's says "Princess Shay Lynne's Autographs". They absolutely love them!! I had to convince them not to use it as a journal right now! I explained that when we see the characters, they'll sign their names for them and they can keep these books as a keepsake. THEN...Amy also sent something for Ty, Madison, and ME!!! We all three got journals that we can use to record what we did on our trip, or I suppose we could collect autographs as well. They are just adorable! Mine says "Mom's Notes", and Ty's and Madison's have their names on the front as well as the all-important Mickey head silhouette!!! Just this morning I was wishing for a journal to make notes in and to record addresses, and my wish has been granted!! And on each of our journals, Amy wrote us some of the sweetest notes on the first page of each wishing us a magical trip. She also told Ty to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad once for her! He will, believe me!! Here are some pics...

And here are some close-up shots, but I doubt they will do them justice!!!

Amy's daughter Megan sent the twins the cutest card with a pic of her fighting Captain Hook. She wrote a note in it that got them so excited about EPCOT and Soarin'!!! They loved it!!! (Amy, please tell Megan thank you for us!!) Here they are, all into it:

Today Madison left for the weekend and won't be back until Tuesday. Ty is at a friend's right now and will get his book later on today. I promise to update with pics of them as I can. Until then, here is me with my book:

Again, I'll edit this post to include Ty's and Madison's soon. Isn't it all just the cutest ever?! I can tell that Amy must really be an accomplished scrapbooker!! Amy, thank you so very much for getting us even MORE excited about going. I truly didn't think that was possible, but you succeeded!!! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #137
HeatherSue

Wow!! I didn't know she sent books for ALL of you!! How cool is that!?

You need to take notes for your trip report!! It's REALLY hard to remember things if you don't write it down!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #138
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
Oh wow, I LOVE the new things! The kids look so cute in them and so excited!!!! I can't believe you leave in 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!! I will tell Hannah to pack her bambi outfit and we will have to try to get pics of the kids with them and some of the big give outfits!! I can't wait. I will PM you with our info when it gets closer.
That sounds great!!! I have to make sure Bambi is all washed up and everything SO I CAN PACK IT!!! I can't believe it's already time to pack. OH MY GOSH!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I would love it if we were able to get pics of the kids together!!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #139
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Wow!! I didn't know she sent books for ALL of you!! How cool is that!?

You need to take notes for your trip report!! It's REALLY hard to remember things if you don't write it down!
I plan to write down EVERYTHING!! I don't ever want to forget anything we do. That's one reason I want to do a trip report. But I'll have to do it as soon as I get back, though, because I'll have less than a week before I have to start work again, and after that I'll be busy for the duration of another school year....
Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #140
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

I also wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who has advised me on AK!! I'm rethinking our schedule now because the overwhelming opinion here and on other threads seems to be that AK is HOT!!! Clay has trouble handling the heat, and I honestly don't know that he could take a full day of that kind of heat, even with us hosing him down and forcing lots of liquids. Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts on your favorite parks!! I love reading different perspectives.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:46 PM   #141
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Clothes to wear, books to sign, journals to keep. Isn't this exciting! I wish we were going with your family and Heather's family. It would be so cool. Oh well, we can't all go together, besides, I still have 10 shirts to make

I love your Wish t-shirts. I think they are so cool. We are getting anxious to see what comes to our house. Have a wonderful weekend.
Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 07-19-2008, 01:39 PM   #142
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

How excited are you right now?!? Only 10 days to go!

Who does all the neats clothes and autograph books?
Old 07-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #143
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberGreenawalt View Post
How excited are you right now?!? Only 10 days to go!

Who does all the neats clothes and autograph books?
Amber, I am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO excited!!!!!!!!!!! Ten days!!!! OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!! This is me -->

There is a wonderful group here on the DISboards called the DISboutiquers. We are one of the families chosen to be recipients for their BIG GIVE...they are angels who just wanted to sprinkle our wish trip with even more pixie dust by creating custom outfits for the twins, as well as other things for our entire family. Words can't describe how blessed we feel because of them. It brings tears to my eyes each time I think about all the things their loving hands have created for us so far. It is truly overwhelming. I can't go grab the link to their thread for you right now because I'm not allowed to be there until our BIG GIVE is over. Someone PM Amber the link so she can see all the awesome stuff they are making over there!!!! I really wish I could hug all of them in person. But a cyber hug will have to do, I guess-->
Old 07-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #144
2cutekidz
DIS Veteran

Don't finish your packing yet!! You have more stuff coming!! I just shipped a nice sized package to Shay Lynne (and Clay too ) It went out Priority Mail so you should have it by Wednesday!!

I loved AK!! We went in February though so I'm no help with July temps. But the day we were there was the warmest day of our trip. I thought there was more shade there than the other parks. But again it was only mid 80's in february. One of DD's favorite thing of the whole trip was getting her face painted!! (Right out in front of Kilmanjaro Safari) Her's her Rainforest Rainbow!!

Last edited by 2cutekidz; 07-19-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #145
jham
DIS Veteran

Here's a link to the Disboutiquers latest (7th ) thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1885666

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 07-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #146
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutekidz View Post
Don't finish your packing yet!! You have more stuff coming!! I just shipped a nice sized package to Shay Lynne (and Clay too ) It went out Priority Mail so you should have it by Wednesday!!

I loved AK!! We went in February though so I'm no help with July temps. But the day we were there was the warmest day of our trip. I thought there was more shade there than the other parks. But again it was only mid 80's in february. One of DD's favorite thing of the whole trip was getting her face painted!! (Right out in front of Kilmanjaro Safari) Her's her Rainforest Rainbow!!

Thank you so much!! We are so excited to see what you sent!!!! What a gorgeous daughter you have!!! She is just absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I love her face paint and her leopard-print Mickey! Shay Lynne would love to have her face painted like that! Thank you for sharing about AK. It is so very hard to think about doing four parks in three days!! We are going to try our hardest to get there first thing in the morning, then probably stay until 2pm or so. I hope that with going to the front of the lines, it'll be enough time there. The early afternoon hours worry me for Clay, though. I guess that's what the Rapids are for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
Here's a link to the Disboutiquers latest (7th ) thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1885666
I will not click, I will not click, I will not click.....

Something occurred to me this morning. I hope it's OK with the DISboutiquers that I have let the kids wear their outfits before our trip!! It's just that they have been so very, very excited to receive each and every item, so I told them they could wear their things one time only before our trip, then everything would have to be washed and into the suitcase. I hope that's OK!! They are so proud of their new things!! If this is not standard practice for Disney customs, I hope you'll forgive me!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #147
2cutekidz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
Thank you so much!! We are so excited to see what you sent!!!! What a gorgeous daughter you have!!! She is just absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I love her face paint and her leopard-print Mickey! Shay Lynne would love to have her face painted like that! Thank you for sharing about AK. It is so very hard to think about doing four parks in three days!! We are going to try our hardest to get there first thing in the morning, then probably stay until 2pm or so. I hope that with going to the front of the lines, it'll be enough time there. The early afternoon hours worry me for Clay, though. I guess that's what the Rapids are for!

I will not click, I will not click, I will not click.....

Something occurred to me this morning. I hope it's OK with the DISboutiquers that I have let the kids wear their outfits before our trip!! It's just that they have been so very, very excited to receive each and every item, so I told them they could wear their things one time only before our trip, then everything would have to be washed and into the suitcase. I hope that's OK!! They are so proud of their new things!! If this is not standard practice for Disney customs, I hope you'll forgive me!
That was not nice of Jham to post the link and tease you like that!!!

Thanks - Emily is almost 6. She had a hand in what's in the box I just sent!! (You'll see what I mean when you read the letter.)
I'm prety sure that the rest of the Disboutiquers feel the same - I'd rather your kiddos enjoy and wear the sets as much as they want, than for them to only wear them for a few hours during your trip!! It's great that they love them so much!! I love seeing the pictures with them wearing the new clothes!!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #148
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Quote:
FUNNY!!! But I did not click!!

Quote:
Thanks - Emily is almost 6. She had a hand in what's in the box I just sent!! (You'll see what I mean when you read the letter.)
I'm prety sure that the rest of the Disboutiquers feel the same - I'd rather your kiddos enjoy and wear the sets as much as they want, than for them to only wear them for a few hours during your trip!! It's great that they love them so much!! I love seeing the pictures with them wearing the new clothes!!
We're even more excited now!! I just showed her Emily's picture and told her what you said, so now she can't wait!!! Thanks also for helping me feel better about wearing the outfits. That thought never occured to me until this morning, and then I saw Emily wearing her Mickey outfit in AK, then I just started worrying even more about it. I'm a worrier, so thank you!!

I'll post new pics ASAP!
Old 07-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #149
jham
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Someone PM Amber the link so she can see all the awesome stuff they are making over there!!!! I really wish I could hug all of them in person. But a cyber hug will have to do, I guess-->
Sorry, I missed the part about PM and translated it as "post"

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 07-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #150
LisaZoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They are YOURS (well, your kids') to do with as you want. For my part, I was thrilled to know Clay slept in the set I made for him. To me that's a sure sign he liked it and found it to be comfortable to wear.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: