Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool

Tifani's Tour Guide Mike Challenge or My Pre-Trip Trip Pre-Trip Report

Hi My name is Tifani and welcome to my pre-trip trip pre-trip report. This is my first ever trip report of any kind whatsoever but a psychic told me I need to start writing again ( I'm apparently protecting my creativity w/ a layer of fat around my middle...I thought it was just that I like CAKE!) and THIS seemed like a logical place for me to start.

Because I am, well, loquacious. I can't possibly start you off without a little back story.

A Trip of First's or The Making of a Fanatic
In 2004 my parents came to my husband and me with the great idea of going to the Magic Kingdom for Halloween. They told us there was a party and you could dress up. This sounded like an excellent plan to us, Halloween is our favorite holiday and we love dressing up. My parents friend was working at WDW at the time and was able to secure a SWEET cast member rate on a cabin at Fort Wilderness for us. My parents had friend in from out of town who would coincidentally be in WDW at the same time so my parents uncharacteristically booked the cabin for 2 nights.
This came as quite a shock to my sister and I who, growing up a mere 1 hour 45 minute drive from the mouse, were used to getting up at before the BUTT CRACK of dawn to drive to The World then being schlepped through the park until we could barely stand to sleep in the back seat on the ride home. We never even REALLY stayed for the fireworks, we'd kind of get to watch them from the boat on the way to the parking lot so that we could beat the crowd. So, a disney fanatic I was NOT
We were pretty psyched. My inlaws coincidentally also had friends arriving at WDW the day we were supposed to check out, which COINCIDENTALLY happened to be halloween and the night before our 1st wedding anniversary. So what could we do but beg my parents to take our son home with them and extend the reservation 1 more night and share the cabin w/ my inlaws.

My first time overnight to WDW. My First EVER stay on WDW property. My First MNSSHP and My first wedding anniversary. A tradition was begun and a fanatic (or 6) was born.
My inlaws, me, DH and the kids have returned EVERY year for MNSSHP since then. Not to mention as often as possible besides that.

This is important because this is the last time my father has been to disney. In October 2004. During this trip he complained about EVERY line that had a wait time of 45 minutes or more. I think it's time to introduce our first CM.

This is my dad. Dave. I probably could have used a better picture but this one, I think, really reveals his true nature. He LOVES kids and usually can be found with a grandkid in his arms or locked in a nuggie (I don't believe I've ever written that word before...did I spell it right?). Heck, he thinks he is one. My dad was THE BEST DAD EVER when it came to theme parks. Ok, Disney wasn't (isn't) his thing. But Bush Gardens, Adventure Island, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure...TOTALLY him. My dad was 18 when I was born so I always had a cool young dad who liked the things the older dads didn't. My friends always wanted to go to Bush Gardens with us, I think it is still his favorite park. He would scream the loudest on the rollercoasters and then race my sister and me back to the back of the line for another go. Not to mention this is the man that talked a life guard into letting a NOT MINIMUM HEIGHT REQUIREMENT meeting 7 yo little sister of mine onto the Tampa Typhoon- it's a water slide w/ something like a 13 story drop, you know the kind where you're not even touching the slide on the way down just skimming the thin layer of water on it, the one you get the worlds biggest power wedgie EVER from. Yeah, that dad.

Next up... You Want to go to WDW When?!?!?!?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
t-beri

You Want to go to WDW When???

Since falling in love with WDW in 2004 my level of fanatacism has increased exponentially. It wasn't until 2006 that I found the disboards and you know what happened next. I am now a croc wearing, lime green mickey toting diser. I am currently planning our 5th MNSSHP trip complete w/ crocs, matching tees and boutique customs I have made for both kids since finding (shout out alert) the DISBOUTIQUERS thread.
Which is why I was stunned when my mom came to me and let me in on her and my dad's plans to take my son and my nephew to WDW for their birthdays. Because summer is our busy season the trip would have to wait until MID JULY when my dad had a weekend that he was not on call.

You can imagine my dismay and confusion. My parents, who are the anti-diser's, plan to take 10 and 7 yo boys to the Magic Kingdom (my family refers to MK as "Disney") by themselves in MID JULY?!?!?!?!?

If only I could go with them... I could help. I did what any good FL. resident diser would do, I tried to talk them into waiting until off peak season. BUT my parents have just come through a tough financial time where they were not usually able to do these things w/ the boys and don't want to risk not being able to afford the trip in our off season. This I understand. So I backed off. The boys would be so glad to spend time w/ their Jig and Pap that they wouldn't really mind only going on 2 rides and Mac (my son) has been and will go to Disney many times. No Worries- right

How about another CM??? or two.

Here are the boys. Gavin (on the left) Just turned 10 June 20th. He is the love of my life. We call him Mac or, more often, Gavin Mac. He is totally goofy. Has an IQ of 135 and L-O-V-E-S WDW. At least I have him trained well enough to fein belief in all things magical while we are there This year he even requested some custom outfits to match the ones I am making his little sister, how sweet

On the right you will find my dear nephew Evan. We call him Bean. We have a lot of nicknames Bean will turn 7 on July 23rd just a few short days after we return from our TGM Challenge trip. He is REALLY into super heros, but loves space mountain and Splash mountain. He is also a super skateboarder, he could ride a skateboard when he was 4 and do tricks on it- how cool is that? If I can find a pic of him on his board I'll post it later.

Up next....PHEW!!! Now, That's a Better Idea
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
Missin'Disney
DIS Veteran

Hey! Can't wait to read more!

Esp. cause I'm trying TGM for the 1st time ever for this year's itinerary...always went with the EMH parks, but doesn't seem to be working too well! That plus our 1-yr. old will now preclude us being anywhere too early or too late!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #4
t-beri

WOW, someone's actually reading my PTR. Thanks! I promise we will see TGM soon! Yeah, the emh's can be tricky with or without a little one. I hope you stick around.

...t.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Oh my! You've found a very good creative outlet! Your a wonderful writer!!!

Can't wait to read more!!!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

I'm excited to read all about your plans...sounds like fun so far!
Old 06-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
jham
DIS Veteran

Hey T! Great job! I can't wait to read more...and meet more CMs!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 06-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I'm reading
Old 06-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Hey Tifani!!! Loving it so far!!!

I'm with your Dad! I would complain about each and every ride I had to wait 45 mintues for too!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #10
kathleen27
DIS Veteran

Saw your link on Jham's tr and came over!

Wow 5 MNSSHP trips!!!
We are planning our first for this Sept.

Can't wait to hear all your plans!

Feb 2014 Feb 2013 Feb 2012 Feb 2011 September 2008 Feb 2008 Feb 2006 March 2003

Old 06-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
t-beri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Oh my! You've found a very good creative outlet! Your a wonderful writer!!!

Can't wait to read more!!!

Thank you so much. At one time in my MANY years of college I fancied myself a writer and was in search of an English degree. Now I think I'm more of a rambler with declining gramatical skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
I'm excited to read all about your plans...sounds like fun so far!
Fun? My DH has called it other things and he is NOT a disney hater. He may not hold my level of fanaticism but he definitely is down w/ the magic. I am trying to catch up on your TR now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
Hey T! Great job! I can't wait to read more...and meet more CMs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I'm reading
Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
Hey Tifani!!! Loving it so far!!!

I'm with your Dad! I would complain about each and every ride I had to wait 45 mintues for too!

Can't wait to read more!
See, I knew my friends would join me. You'd tell me if my PTR totally sucked, right?
Theresa, you can NOT possibly side with my grumpy father!

Hope to have the next installment to you all in the morning.
Good night for now...
...t.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #12
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

You're kinda motivating me to start my PreTrip report.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #13
t-beri

Sure, if t can do it anyone can!

...t.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:53 AM   #14
disneymommieof2
DIS Veteran

I'm here too!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #15
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Love the report!

I love that your dad is so spunky! It is funny my dad wasn't one of the younger ones when I was growing up but he was always the one all my friends loved. He was the RNR loving fun one. LOL Sadly he has passed. My mom was very young when I was born and she was always the old fart! Maybe it is a dad thing!

I am tempted to start a trip report now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: