Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
ohsono26
Earning My Ears

Taste of Tuscany info....

My family and I just booked the Taste of Tuscany trip this weekend. Woohoo!!! Wondering if anyone has been on this tour or is going this summer. Any tips or helpful hints are much appreciated.
ohsono26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
klsauer
Earning My Ears

My family is going on the June 4th Taste of Tuscany. We will post our thoughts when we return. We are really getting excited.
klsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
etochioka
Earning My Ears

My family and I are booked on the august 5th Taste of Tuscany. What trip have you booked? We are trying to figure out what to bring. I know it will be very hot and humid.
etochioka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

Hi there. We are on the Viva Italia trip in August. I was wondering the same, about how hot it would be and how to pack. I think you need to wear long capris or skirts for some of the days.

Do you know if this trip stays in the same hotel as the Viva trip does, in Tuscany?
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
klsauer
Earning My Ears

My family went on the Taste of Tuscany the first week of June. We had a fabulous time. Our weather was unseasonably cool. We could have used more long pants and jackets. The overall wardrobe was very very casual. A few people dressed up a bit in the evening, but most did not.

I don't think that the Villa in Tuscany is the same one as the Viva trip. The Villa Belvedere is where we stayed. It is very beautiful. The rooms are a little rustic, but I the charm definitely will win you over.
klsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #6
toftsie
Earning My Ears

Tuscany was nice, but....

We did the trip in early June on the Taste of Tuscany. This was our second Disney Adventure, did the Austrian trip last year. In retrospect the Austrian trip was much better. It did rain on both trips, but when on the Austrian trip, the rain didn't hamper what you could do.

In Italy, if it rained at the Villa, you had nothing to do except hang out in your room. There the options were Italian TV or a good book (if you brought one). No internet access either. I spoke with a friend on the Viva trip and he said they were at least near a small village they could walk to for gelato or something. At the villa on this tour, it was swimming and that was pretty much all there was to do. It was cold in the pool and raining most afternoons.

The views were really nice at the villa, the room was nice too. Unfortunately Disney can't control the weather, so I would make sure that you look at the hotels they have chosen to see what your options are incase of bad weather. This villa is out in the middle of the countryside, not within walking distance of anything except olive trees and grape vineyards. It would have been nicer to stay at the towns or locations we visited longer than returning to the villa so soon for rainy afternoons. At least there you could spend more time experiencing Italy.

Last edited by toftsie; 07-08-2008 at 01:15 PM.
toftsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: