Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #31
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackey Mouse View Post
"Guilt is a wasted emotion." Yes it is...

Very very true!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #32
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead

Just a bump,that way if anyone wants to add too this they can..

As far as me,Paxil,church and dealing with life-even tho sometimes I donn't want to,has gotten me back on a track I have not seen in a long time..

If anyone wants to add too this,please feel free..I-WE want to know what works for you!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #33
LivinInTheCastle
DIS Veteran

Hello Donald, I wish I had found this thread sooner. I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for just over 20 years now. It can so beyond terrible. I understand. I have done just about everything to try and and treat this. I have my ups and downs. I am on Effexor XR now and I have Xanax for the really bad days. I would recommend you try a website called stresscenter(dot)com. It has both forums and live chat, and I have been on it for years. People are beyond helpful on there. I have had people help me out of attacks and done the same for others. I really hope you guve it a try and if you ever need anything, please contact me. I do understand.

LivinInTheCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #34
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinInTheCastle View Post
Hello Donald, I wish I had found this thread sooner. I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for just over 20 years now. It can so beyond terrible. I understand. I have done just about everything to try and and treat this. I have my ups and downs. I am on Effexor XR now and I have Xanax for the really bad days. I would recommend you try a website called stresscenter(dot)com. It has both forums and live chat, and I have been on it for years. People are beyond helpful on there. I have had people help me out of attacks and done the same for others. I really hope you guve it a try and if you ever need anything, please contact me. I do understand.
Thank you for the website.

I'm bumping this cause there is a lot of peeps out there that need this!!
Old 12-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #35
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinInTheCastle View Post

That website is great.It taught me things and ways too deal with the hard times.

I highly reccomend it

The forums are very helpful as are the chat room!!

Thank you again!!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #36
LivinInTheCastle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduck352 View Post
That website is great.It taught me things and ways too deal with the hard times.

I highly reccomend it

The forums are very helpful as are the chat room!!

Thank you again!!

Donald-that is SOOOOO great. I am so glad to hear all your progress. I hope you continue to do well. I am still checking in on here all the time so if you ever need to talk or share anything I will be here. Congrats again!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #37
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead

They say 1 out of 3 has a problem..

There is alot of peeps that can do this website you have gave me and learn..

Just take the test and it will open another world that you pulled the wool over your own eyes for many years and enjoy a better life!!
Old 12-14-2008, 09:17 AM   #38
LuvOrlando
DIS Veteran

I feel so badly for all of you. I in no way want to imply I have the answer but since some folks were asking for any input at all I thought my experience might help. I used to get panic attacks pretty frequently until I realized it was stimulants that were doing it to me in my case. I used to drink caffeinated beverages just like everyone else, and would sometimes take OTC Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) or prescription allergy meds to help with a stuffy nose and never linked the relationship. But then one day I had a really bad episode about 1 hr after the sinus medicine and . After that episode I stopped consuming any and all stimulants with the exception of Nyquil maybe once a year and turned to Benedryl and Flonase instead for my sinus'. I am happy to report that, at least in my own individual case, this worked and I no longer get any attacks... for me it was all drug induced. I'm just super sensitive to stimulants and so are my kids, we now live in a stimulant free zone and everyone here is better. This might not work for anyone else but I figured I could throw it out there just in case.

Here is a to all of you struggling with panic attacks, I really hope you all find your own peace
1993 WDL & WDW PORR for Honeymoon,94 PORR,95 OKW,96 PORR,98 Hilton, 2000 PORR,03Poly&Univ Porto, 04 WL & 04 Cont & Univ Porto,05 AKL&Univ Porto & Poly,06PORR&UnivRP, 07AKL&UnivPorto&Poly,10Hilton&PORFQ,11Hilton&Poly, 12Poly,13CB&Univ Porto (I think I'm missing a few trips in there LOL)
LuvOrlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #39
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
I feel so badly for all of you. I in no way want to imply I have the answer but since some folks were asking for any input at all I thought my experience might help. I used to get panic attacks pretty frequently until I realized it was stimulants that were doing it to me in my case. I used to drink caffeinated beverages just like everyone else, and would sometimes take OTC Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) or prescription allergy meds to help with a stuffy nose and never linked the relationship. But then one day I had a really bad episode about 1 hr after the sinus medicine and . After that episode I stopped consuming any and all stimulants with the exception of Nyquil maybe once a year and turned to Benedryl and Flonase instead for my sinus'. I am happy to report that, at least in my own individual case, this worked and I no longer get any attacks... for me it was all drug induced. I'm just super sensitive to stimulants and so are my kids, we now live in a stimulant free zone and everyone here is better. This might not work for anyone else but I figured I could throw it out there just in case.

Here is a to all of you struggling with panic attacks, I really hope you all find your own peace
That will work for some and we are greatfull for the input cause this can be alot of peeps problem also but when you dont have caffiene or stimulets in your body there is deff something wrong that needs a MD attenction..

Some people have a chemical inballence in thier brian called serritones that dont connect.Its nothing we took or did it comes natuarlly and we cant do nothing about it!!

Its a dissorter that know one can help there self with..
I've being living with it all my life,but intall recently discovered what it really is!!

I'll post more later on this and give you more info on the symptoms..
Old 12-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #40
King Triton
DIS Veteran

Just know you're not alone. I went through that also and I'm still dealing with it. My anxiety attacks were a lot worse before taking meds for high blood pressure. Xanax helps me along with meditation and deep breathing. Everyone is different so find out what works best for you. Just know we understand and we're here for you.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #41
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead

Thank you KingTriton..
Everyone got to find there own path,but the one website that LiviInTheCastle gave us is a great site.It will put alot into place that you never understood and the Dr.dont tell you!!

I recently lost my job(just before christmas)have no idea of what I'm going to do for my future,but I feel content..I foresee alot of people going thru this and it can trigger the things(anxiety-depprision)that you have being covering!!

With that said let me tell you what I've been working on with great success..
For years I always needed my wife-DD-or DS to go into crowded places..I was too afraid to be by myself.So now I take deep breaths and just do it.
Its kinda like your standing on top of a diving board 10' off the water,you get too the end of the platform and decide its to tall.So you climb down and just sit on a chair watching and asking yourself why.I could of done it but I didnt..

I lived in that shell for many of years.Its what they call FIGHT or FLIGHT and all of us have it.But justa few of us have it amplified 10times more then others.And unfortante I fall into that percentile of the population that fall into that group of FLIGHT!!

Now I make it a resone to stop at that fully crowded store just too see if I can do it alone.When I feel it comming on-the FLIGHT-I take a minute and count my breathing and recope and go on!!The more I do this the easer its been getting.So now I stand and FIGHT!!!!!!

Last edited by donaldduck352; 12-26-2008 at 05:09 PM.
donaldduck352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #42
LivinInTheCastle
DIS Veteran

I am so glad to see that different people are posting on this thread. You NEVER know what may help you. I used to work with a girl who also suffers from panic and anxiety and we used to bounce things off of each other all the time. One thing that immensely helped her had no effect on me positive or negative, and so on. Suggestions are always welcome, especially with that in mind. Once someone told me when you have that tight feeling in your chest to try and burp, and you know what? It did lessen the feeling! How about that? Never give up and keep trying. You have to put the effort into it. You would for any other illness, this illness requires no less effort.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #43
BarbieGal457
DIS Veteran

Yes, it does!! I promise you it does. Earlier this year I began to suffer extreme anxiety attacks linked to other health problems, one being I completely stopped eating for fear of vomiting. Most days I wouldn't leave my bathroom to go to class or work. I just couldn't do it. I could barely go into public without panicking something terrible. Finally, my doctor prescribed me Xanax to take when I felt one coming on. This really helped me get it under control, and now when I start to panic I can calm myself down before it gets out of hand (I only take the Xanax now if I really, really need one). There is light at the end of the tunnel, trust me.

What I find helps is confiding in a close friend, such as my best friend who I had class with this semester (we've been best friends for three years now, I trust her with my life). She understood my anxiety and that I had no idea why I suddenly dreaded going to a class where we talked about baseball all day! We would have lunch together and talk about things to take my mind off being anxious, and then we would walk to class together and sit together. She stayed calm and reassured me I could do it. It also helped me to take great big breaths and try to calm myself down and realize what I was about to do I'd done many times before my whole life. Nothing was going to harm me and I had plenty of people who cared for me there in class. Also, I liked to listen to music to comfort me when I was alone in public places (walking to work, to get lunch, etc). My music of choice - the Backstreet Boys and Billy Joel (go ahead, giggle!!) - holds lots of memories for me and was always able to calm me down.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #44
LivinInTheCastle
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh Barbie, I am the BIGGEST Billy fan in the world. I have a picture of him in my bedroom that is like 2.5 foot by 4 foot or so. It was in a display window at a mall my SIL was in charge of at the time and she talked the store into giving it to her when they were through with it. I also had a stand up cardboard cut out, but that got destroyed over the years.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #45
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

is anyone still around on this thread? I could really use it!
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: