Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #556
Samandmom
Curvy WISHer
I laughed with a tear in my eye
WISHing my way to success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Very sweet! I especially like the stockings hung on the hooks. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks!! My kids came with the idea of putting them on the hook. We also hung our MB's on the hooks at the end of the day.

Samandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #557
Pnutt
Earning My Ears

Those are great ideas. Thanks!
Pnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #558
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Finally getting around to posting a pic of our room! We were at pop in Nov and did a Christmas room! This was our first time, so we kept it simple. I loved doing it, and the kids loved it too. We will do more next time. The face in the mickey head were window clings that our mousekeeper added! We also put a cheap dry erase board decorated with Disney stickers on our door and wrote our fave Disney quotes on it each day, and got cute messages back from our mousekeeper and other guests. Thanks for this thread. It really added magic to our stay!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
laceyinwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #559
tdmoney7
Mouseketeer

Our Pop window!

Got back a week ago yesterday , but just figured out how to post pictures to the board. Here's our window - got the Mickey head light up on sale at Walgreens, made the Mickey paper chain and the sheets. Had a timer set to the lights so they were on when we got back. My family made fun of me, but when we got there, they loved it!! The stick figure sheet I printed out on cardstock, laminated it and hot glued magnets to the back of it. (I didn't print our full names, I was a little hesitant having kids names known in case of strangers).

tdmoney7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #560
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Looks terrific! How did you make the mickey heads? Are they thread through the ribbon? Thanks for sharing!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #561
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post
Finally getting around to posting a pic of our room! We were at pop in Nov and did a Christmas room! This was our first time, so we kept it simple. I loved doing it, and the kids loved it too. We will do more next time. The face in the mickey head were window clings that our mousekeeper added! We also put a cheap dry erase board decorated with Disney stickers on our door and wrote our fave Disney quotes on it each day, and got cute messages back from our mousekeeper and other guests. Thanks for this thread. It really added magic to our stay!
Wasn't it fun to come back to your room and see it all lit up? Very cute, thanks for letting us see it.

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #562
tdmoney7
Mouseketeer

Mickey chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Looks terrific! How did you make the mickey heads? Are they thread through the ribbon? Thanks for sharing!
I did them like the old paper chains I used to make in school, but with two smaller loops at the top for the ears. I used curling ribbon and stapled it onto the top of each ear. I made it for my sons Mickey birthday and saved it for this trip (and half of it is in his Mickey room). I was going to thread it, but when I started that, it took FOREVER, so figured this was the fastest way. Then through packing, when one came off, I just restapled it.
tdmoney7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #563
Kachina
Mouseketeer

These are so much fun. Can't wait to decorate our window/door this Christmas.

Anyone got the scoop on OKW? Window size, how big of a ledge there is, etc? Specifically looking for some info on the studio villas, but will take any info I can get. Thanks!
Kachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #564
trekkie68
Earning My Ears

This thread is so much fun! I can't wait to decorate our window at Pop in November, and like a few other PP, am not sure if I want to do Thanksgiving or Christmas, I will be incorporating my anniversary in somehow as well!

1st Trip 1981-Off site
2nd Trip 1995-Off site
3rd Trip August 1999 Our Disneymoon!-Caribbean Beach Resort
trekkie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:47 AM   #565
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

I am going for the Princess half marathon. Would love to decorate my window. Any ideas? Was thinking my running shoes on a mini pillow and a crown on top but need/want something more. We are staying at pop
The comical DS (6)

joanzie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #566
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Any photos of Valentine's Day decorated windows? I bought a $0.99 pack of princess valentine's day cards and plan on plastering my window with them to show some love in February!

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:04 AM   #567
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanzie72 View Post
I am going for the Princess half marathon. Would love to decorate my window. Any ideas? Was thinking my running shoes on a mini pillow and a crown on top but need/want something more. We are staying at pop
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Any photos of Valentine's Day decorated windows? I bought a $0.99 pack of princess valentine's day cards and plan on plastering my window with them to show some love in February!
Love your ideas!! Can't wait to see pictures!!
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #568
panama10
Earning My Ears

wow. had no idea people did this. how fun! We are going on our first family trip in September and celebrating my daughter's 13th birthday while there. I'll have to think of something!
panama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #569
stephwtx
Mouseketeer

Hi!

This is awesome!!! I had no idea you could decorate the window : ) I want to surprise my kiddos next trip! Ok so I saw no tape allowed... How do you attach the signs you make? Where can I find the cool function cup things I saw? Sorry I am super NOT crafty!! Ha ha

Any help would be much appreciated : )

Steph
stephwtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #570
alayne
DIS Veteran

We are going back to Disney in 21 days and we are staying at AoA in one of the Cars family suites. I know it's not Christmas but I really wanted to decorate our window for my kids.

Does anyone know if you can put magnets on the room doors? Do you have to have a timer on the lights?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: