Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #31
naholder
Earning My Ears

Decorate the Windows

Can this be done at any resort. We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside for Halloween and If we can do this there I would sooooo do it.
naholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:52 PM   #32
bucket o' butter
DIS Veteran

Door / Window Decorations

I decorated our door and the patio door of our room at the Poly. I am not a very creative type of person, so I am looking forward to seeing other peoples pictures so I can do a better job next year. I tell you, having a decorated door / window makes finding your room much easier! Our last name is Giek (pronounced Geek). I figure, if you have a name like that, you have to have fun with it or your life will be miserable. I am also a school teacher so you can imagine the looks I get when parents find out their teacher's name is Mrs. Giek!!

Our resort room door using signs made on our computer and Home Depot Mickeys

Our patio door. I just bought Hawaiian decorations from the dollar store. Remember, I am not that creative!!!

1972 - My very first WDW trip ; 1978 - Contemporary; 1980 - Off site campground; 1981 - Ft. Wilderness campground; 1981 - Howard Johnson'a at Lk. Buena Vista; 1982 Ft. Wilderness again; 1993 - Caribbean Beach; 1999 - Timeshare in Orlando; 2002 - Contemporary; 2008 - Poly; 2009 Orange Lake timeshare / Universal Studios this year; not sure when next Disney trip will be
bucket o' butter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #33
Tink3Bell
DIS Veteran

Love the decorate sliding glass door!

DH: Me: DS: (7)
DS (5) DD (3)

DW - Port Orleans Riverside & ASM - 2009
DW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2008
DW - Caribbean Beach - 2007
DW - Cornado Springs - 2006
DW - Dixie Landings - 1997
DL, Paris - Off Property - 1995
DL, California - Off Property - 1987
WDW - Off Property - 1982 & 1976
Tink3Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #34
MeMom
DIS Veteran

My window at Pop on our June/July trip.

It celebrated the Fourth of July and the new Toy Story ride. The Potato Heads were there just because we were going to get one of those boxes of parts on this trip.

Part of my daughter's window. There was more, but little Brooklynn had messed up, er.... reorganized their window temporarily, and it wasn't ready for showing at that moment.

You can see that big old red yo-yo in the reflection!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #35
ILuvMySulley
I'd rather be at the Wilderness Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYJAZZ View Post
we were at asmu in april and stayed in the calypso building room 1606 and really loved it ,we only saw one other window decortaed on our floor.we'd planned to look at other buildings windows but never got to it. we did see a few towel pets in the windows but that was about it. my grands really enjoyed doing the window with me and picking out the lil charaters for each member of our crew,donlad/pawpaw,eeyore/nanna,pooh/blaze,cinderella bride/elli,hook/dada and ariel/mama. i made the mickey heads with old world map printed wrapping paper.the banner ont he big mickey head reads " around the world in 7 days' i later added some designs made for me by a wonderfully creative disser onthe dissign boards...sorry i can't remember who...but i never remembered to take an updated picture...they were peter pan themed,blaze/peter,elli/tink,dada/hook,mama/wendy,pawpaw/smee & nanna/nana the dog! they were os cute...anwyaws here's the window on our 1st day we did it between dtd/check-in & magic kingdom.. the stick figure picture is also form a wonderul disser..and eli painted the velvet alice in wonderland picture at home and packed in her suitcase a month before we left! the kids enjoyed posing for these too! it did make it so easy to find our room...the grands couldn't figure out why others hadn't done their windows... elli thought "maybe they didn't know how to cut out circles or didn't have any cool paper?" and blaze thought " or they didn't kow where the doller tree store was at our city or they forgot their tape?" kids! btw our doller tree has some disney window clings now,and darn it, i didn't think to grab some yesterday for our ,hopefully, upcoming trip with other grands in sept.2009! i'll stop the chatter and post the pix!
elli & our window

blaze & our window

hope you enjoy and i can't wait to see more...
edited to add,we were also in the family suites and loved it! and we all sported our matching stick figure shirts as you can see on the kids in the 'window' pix...pictures of us all in them waiting on the bus for mk on our 1st night,on my tr...
Hello there, this is my very first post, so I hope I'm doing this right.
First of all I love your window and the family sign. I would love to know where you found the disney family stick figures??
ILuvMySulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #36
18MAGIC
Ready to go back!

Here is a picture of our window that we decorated at the Pop last December.

October 2008: All Stars Music
December 2007: Pop
December 2006: All Star Movies
18MAGIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #37
Andrea
DIS Veteran
I couldnt decide which one to do first, come check here or the coupons
The Tag Fairy thinks Andrea rocks too!

18magic....

i love that... it so simply but so great
Old 08-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #38
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18MAGIC View Post
Here is a picture of our window that we decorated at the Pop last December.

love the Mickey wreath
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #39
angeleigh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket o' butter View Post
I decorated our door and the patio door of our room at the Poly. I am not a very creative type of person, so I am looking forward to seeing other peoples pictures so I can do a better job next year. I tell you, having a decorated door / window makes finding your room much easier! Our last name is Giek (pronounced Geek). I figure, if you have a name like that, you have to have fun with it or your life will be miserable. I am also a school teacher so you can imagine the looks I get when parents find out their teacher's name is Mrs. Giek!!

Our resort room door using signs made on our computer and Home Depot Mickeys

Our patio door. I just bought Hawaiian decorations from the dollar store. Remember, I am not that creative!!!
How do you make the little stick people?

POP July 2005 , POR August 2006 , POR August 2007, Off site April 2008, AKL August 2008, Off site weekend August 2010, POR August 2010, CBR July 2012
angeleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:44 PM   #40
ginnibobb
Mouseketeer

I really love the stick figure family picture, where did you get it???
Old 08-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #41
McKelly
DIS Veteran

How many strands is that to go around the window at POP? We will be there this Christmas and I definately want to decorate our window - what a great idea!!
McKelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #42
18MAGIC
Ready to go back!

I forgot how many strands, but it looks like it might be one 150 light strand. I used the suction cups that are made for the lights to hold them in the top part of the window.

The wreath was made from 1 large and 2 small wreaths from Dollar Tree. I got some craft wire and just twisted the wreaths together until it looked like Mickey Ears. Then I wrapped it with a white light strand.
October 2008: All Stars Music
December 2007: Pop
December 2006: All Star Movies
18MAGIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #43
tinkjess3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naholder View Post
Can this be done at any resort. We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside for Halloween and If we can do this there I would sooooo do it.
We stayed at POR during Halloween in 07' and there were lots of rooms that were decorated.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/brlajxzq8r76xpxa.png[/IMG]

April 2001- offsite, July 2006- POR (Honeymoon), Oct/Nov 2007- POR(MNSSHP), May 2009- POR
tinkjess3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #44
thelittlemermaid
My life was forever changed when my Angel was born
I have had this question in my head for along time

Location: Ohio,but in my heart I live in Cinderella Castle :o)

Angeleigh's stick people picture....

I also love this! This would be perfect for my family and the stick people are even in the same order as my family also. LOL!! Only thing that would be different is my family is going in 2009.

If you could please share where you got the picture from, I would apperciate it.
thelittlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:51 AM   #45
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Wow, you guys are so creative! I showed these pics to my kids and they are 100% into decorating our room window. What a cool way to add a little extra magic and fun to your trip!
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: