Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #181
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!

Our window and door at Pop July 2-6

Old 07-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #182
DisneyJonesGirl
Disney Jones Girl

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! UP THERE Thanks for sharing !!!! i ♥ the springy colors!
DisneyJonesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #183
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadog99 View Post

I love this! Where did you get the Mickey head cutouts?
Old 08-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #184
DisKidsmom
Disney Dork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadog99 View Post

At the 45 day mark for our trip. Staying at Pop again, but this is the 1st year I am decorating.
I have a ton of stuff to decorate our windows & doors with. Are the doors able to hold stuff w/ magnets? And for the windows....would you suggest suction cups only? I am reading conflicting reports about tape.

THANKS!
September 2009-POP Century
September 2010-POP Century
DisKidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #185
DisGal520
surviver of Hurricane Charley @ WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKidsmom View Post
At the 45 day mark for our trip. Staying at Pop again, but this is the 1st year I am decorating.
I have a ton of stuff to decorate our windows & doors with. Are the doors able to hold stuff w/ magnets? And for the windows....would you suggest suction cups only? I am reading conflicting reports about tape.

THANKS!

You may not want to put anything on the door with magnets - aside from some kids that may remove what you put there - things could get accidentally brushed off the door when mousekeeping is moving the big carts around.

We never use tape on the windows or doors. The suction cups work nicely on the windows.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #186
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGal520 View Post
You may not want to put anything on the door with magnets - aside from some kids that may remove what you put there - things could get accidentally brushed off the door when mousekeeping is moving the big carts around.

We never use tape on the windows or doors. The suction cups work nicely on the windows.
So what do you use on the doors?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #187
DisGal520
surviver of Hurricane Charley @ WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
So what do you use on the doors?
We don't put anythings on the door for the reasons stated. Just the inside windows.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #188
webster76
Mouseketeer

I decorate my window when I go , and have also put a dry erase board or some sort of note pad for fellow "Dis'ers" to leave a message!

Me Julianne Zach Tim Zoe Nala
Disney trips: WDW 1995-Port Orleans;DisneyLand 2000;WDW 2003-ASMo;WDW 2005-Pop Century;WDW 2007-Pop Century;WDW 2008-ASMu (my 55th birthday celebration!) Sept.2009 - Mom/Daughter trip!-Pop Century;WDW March 2011 Spring Break-AllStarMovies! Last minute trip to Disneyland Oct.2012!
WDW Sept. 2013 - Old Key West birthday trip(60th birthday!). Nov.2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon with my daughter!!!
webster76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #189
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!

All the items on the door were circuts and Home Depot paint samples. We did use magnet tape for the door. We had no problem with them coming off or anyone knocking them off. Of course, it was just cricuts and paint samples, so if we lost anything it wasn't a big deal anyway. I used suction cups, window clings, and gel gems for the windows.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #190
shalecesjourney
DIS Veteran

Here was our window from the Pop Century June 11-20. I printed out the Mickey heads, cut them out, then had them laminated, and used a glue gun to attatch them to a ribbon.

Our Pixar Themed Craft Pumpkins

May 2011 10 Nights Deluxe Dining Reviews

1981-2008 - 17 trips to Disney, 05/08 - Pop Century, 08/08 - Disneyland, 08/09 - Pop Century, 10/09 - BWV, 06/10 - Pop Century, 07/10 - POFQ, 08/10 - BC, 10/10 - BC, 12/10 - BC, 05/11 - POFQ, 10/11 - BC, 05/12 - POFQ, 05/12 - POR, 07/12 - AoA Cars Suite, POR Royal Room, 09/12 - Pop Century, 01/13 - POFQ, 02/13 - BC
shalecesjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #191
DisKidsmom
Disney Dork!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbubbles View Post
Hi, I have done a search and can't seem to find an answer so I hope you don't mind me asking here!

We will be leaving next week and will be staying at POP for the first time! We will be celebrating my twins 5th birthday and would really love to decorate my window for the occasion and to make it extra special for them. My problem is that I can't find the printable window clings anywhere around me even the regular Disney ones for that matter!!) and I don't have time to order them online. What else can I possibly do to stick things to the window if I can't use tape? Any suggestions? I can make things with my cricut and computer, but what would be the best way to display that on the window? Any help would be very appreciated!

I finally decided to call POP directly to find out once & for all about "decorating do's & dont's". They were sooo friendly & said anything is fine as long as it doesn't damage anything & obviously, as long as there isn't anything offensive. I have read so many threads, so I can't remember where I saw someone say tape isn't allowed. The person I spoke to at Pop did NOT say "no tape". I will get the suction cups though & will look for gel gems (have no idea whee to find those though).
We had a nice conversation & as always, she wished me a "Magical Day" I LOVE that!!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #192
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post
Here was our window from the Pop Century June 11-20. I printed out the Mickey heads, cut them out, then had them laminated, and used a glue gun to attatch them to a ribbon.

Love what you did with your windows!!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:15 AM   #193
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post

I love these! Being not so crafty myself would you mind sharing where/how you did them? I was thinking of doing a different one for each family member. Like I love Alice (obviously), Hubs likes Jack, kiddos - well depends on the day...
Old 08-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #194
BeachMama13
Earning My Ears

I love seeing all the decorations!!

BeachMama13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #195
DisKidsmom
Disney Dork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantingodin View Post
I love these! Being not so crafty myself would you mind sharing where/how you did them? I was thinking of doing a different one for each family member. Like I love Alice (obviously), Hubs likes Jack, kiddos - well depends on the day...
There are threads on here where very generous people actually take your requests & make personalized decorations for you....for FREE I went thru "Shadowryter" on the DISign thread. She makes awesome stuff!
All you need to do is go to her thread & make your request. Then you just have to download the DISign to your own computer & print them out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: