Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Tours you are interested in participating in (regular or Magical Gathering ones)
MK - Good Morning Gathering (MG) - breakfast at Tony's 13 34.21%
AK - Safari Celebration Dinner (MG) - end of day safari and dinner reception 26 68.42%
EPCOT - International Dinner & Illuminations Dessert Reception (MG) 26 68.42%
Magical Fireworks Voyage (MG) - Seven Seas Lagoon 18 47.37%
EPCOT - Around the World - Segway 15 39.47%
All parks - Backstage Magic 13 34.21%
EPCOT - Dolphins In Depth 8 21.05%
MK - Keys To The Kingdom 16 42.11%
MK - Magic Behind Our Steam Trains 7 18.42%
MK - Mickey's Magical Milestones 8 21.05%
EPCOT - The Undiscovered Future World 11 28.95%
AK - Wild By Design 10 26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #1546
dizmom2mwjk
If only he loved Disney as much as I do

Can I join you in October?

I have been trying to plan a girls' weekend for my birthday in October, and have not been able to find anyone to solidly commit, when suddenly, I happened upon a group of travelers who already had a trip planned that coincided with my dates...

Can I join your excursion?

Is it possible to find a roommate or two for part of my stay? If not, I understand, and will go it alone, but would like to cut costs, and am willing to bring an airmattress, if needed. I would like to stay at the BWI or BWV, but am not picky about that...

I am planning on arriving late the 21st(W) or early the 22nd(Th) and leaving early on the 26th(M).

Sha has informed me that you already have ADR's and I probably can't join in, and that is fine...I have some of my own made already...but I would like to join in mnsshp...

Here is some personal info...I am 40, female, married, but dh doesn't like Disney, with 4 kids...I am from the upper midwest. I am easygoing, have a good sense of humor, and get along with pretty much anyone. I will hang out with you if you want, but don't have to be with you 24/7...

I took a cruise with 15 internet friends from across the US and Can. in Feb. and shared a cabin with 2 ppl I had never met before, and we are all still friends and talk daily via internet, and have plans to get together periodically in smaller groups...we are also planning a trip to Vegas next year to reconnect...They just are not into Disney llike I am...

Please pm me with any info or leave me a message here, either way...I look forward to getting to know you all...I have been lurking/ joining in a few chats for about a month now, and feel at home here...it is very warm and inviting!

Elise
dizmom2mwjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #1547
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizmom2mwjk View Post
I have been trying to plan a girls' weekend for my birthday in October, and have not been able to find anyone to solidly commit, when suddenly, I happened upon a group of travelers who already had a trip planned that coincided with my dates...

Can I join your excursion?

Is it possible to find a roommate or two for part of my stay? If not, I understand, and will go it alone, but would like to cut costs, and am willing to bring an airmattress, if needed. I would like to stay at the BWI or BWV, but am not picky about that...

I am planning on arriving late the 21st(W) or early the 22nd(Th) and leaving early on the 26th(M).

Sha has informed me that you already have ADR's and I probably can't join in, and that is fine...I have some of my own made already...but I would like to join in mnsshp...

Here is some personal info...I am 40, female, married, but dh doesn't like Disney, with 4 kids...I am from the upper midwest. I am easygoing, have a good sense of humor, and get along with pretty much anyone. I will hang out with you if you want, but don't have to be with you 24/7...

I took a cruise with 15 internet friends from across the US and Can. in Feb. and shared a cabin with 2 ppl I had never met before, and we are all still friends and talk daily via internet, and have plans to get together periodically in smaller groups...we are also planning a trip to Vegas next year to reconnect...They just are not into Disney llike I am...

Please pm me with any info or leave me a message here, either way...I look forward to getting to know you all...I have been lurking/ joining in a few chats for about a month now, and feel at home here...it is very warm and inviting!

Elise
If there are any openings for ADRs that you might have a possible place for Elise that would be nice. Since I didnt make any ADRs.... I didnt feel right saying come on anyways....

Elise I will check on something and get back to you....

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #1548
dizmom2mwjk

My ADRs are for Fri 23rd at Raglan Road 5:20 for 2 ppl and Sat 24th at Teppan Edo at 7:20 for 2... That is all I have done...I didn't plan to do the dining plan yet, but will if need be...
Old 08-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #1549
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizmom2mwjk View Post
My ADRs are for Fri 23rd at Raglan Road 5:20 for 2 ppl and Sat 24th at Teppan Edo at 7:20 for 2... That is all I have done...I didn't plan to do the dining plan yet, but will if need be...
I made a few for small groups... am going to see what numbers I have as some seats are taken (including you dizmom2mwjk)...

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 08-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #1550
dizmom2mwjk

I still do not have any hotel ressies...I am waiting to see if I can get cheap rates from my neice who is a CM (but lives in Minneapolis, so we are working out some bugs), or a roommate, and dh is hassling me about some issues, but I usually can convince him, so I am 80% sure I am coming, but have not made hotel or plane ressies just in case. Once I am confirmed from my neice, I will start looking hard core for rooms, which should be by this weekend. I really wish I had a dh who was a dizfreak like me...LOL! Guess that's why I'm going solo!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #1551
Sha

Jen's Brick at Disneyland's Walk of Magical Memories

I went ahead and paid for Jen's brick today (Friday, 28th August 2009). I received a call back from Disneyland and they have already given me the ID number for the brick. It is C02-635. I will get a confirmation in 3 weeks, and 10 weeks from that I will have the replicas. The brick will be placed in February 2010. The area is between Disneyland and California Adventure.

Thank you all who chipped in for this brick. The extra that is left over is going to the DWCF in Jen's name. It will be above $250 that we are sending there. You guys are awesome and I know you did this for an awesome friend who always made us smile. Thanks again!

Shout to all of you: DisneydadNY, Piratemel, Cinrell, Valree, Disneyfanx3, connorsmom911, Black562, Buena vista, MoreMickeyForMe, Cdn Ears, Auntie L., TTester9612, katydidbug1, ahoff, comickey, can84, mahorn, DFD, Rebecca06261, NH_Bubba and Minnie&Nana.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #1552
cdn ears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
I went ahead and paid for Jen's brick today (Friday, 28th August 2009). I received a call back from Disneyland and they have already given me the ID number for the brick. It is C02-635. I will get a confirmation in 3 weeks, and 10 weeks from that I will have the replicas. The brick will be placed in February 2010. The area is between Disneyland and California Adventure.

Thank you all who chipped in for this brick. The extra that is left over is going to the DWCF in Jen's name. It will be above $250 that we are sending there. You guys are awesome and I know you did this for an awesome friend who always made us smile. Thanks again!

Shout to all of you: DisneydadNY, Piratemel, Cinrell, Valree, Disneyfanx3, connorsmom911, Black562, Buena vista, MoreMickeyForMe, Cdn Ears, Auntie L., TTester9612, katydidbug1, ahoff, comickey, can84, mahorn, DFD, Rebecca06261, NH_Bubba and Minnie&Nana.
Thanks Sha all your efforts are greatly appreciated..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: