Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #151
HeatherSue

Corey (Teresajoy's son) made Tessa an orange duct tape wallet when she was 2. She still uses it all the time! They are so cool! I love that boy!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #152
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post
We are so blessed. I thought I had posted about our gift a couple of days ago. I guess I just posted in my mind!-lol! I hope other people do that. I think out in my mind what I am going to write but then later I think I've actually posted it! Anyway, Nathan got a nifty little package of pixie dust- lots of goodies to keep him occupied on the trip. He especially loved the Mickey Mouse magic towel- you know, one of those freeze dried like wash rags. Nathan gets very hot at night and likes to sleep with a wet rag on his head. Now he has a special one to use! I kept that package so I could write down who it was from but my husband thought he was helping and threw it away. How dare he try to help clean up the house! I think he has thrown away trash twice in his life and both times it was big give wrapping! So whoever it was from -thank you so much!

Then today we got 2 more packages. First was one for me! It is a beautiful little bit of bling for me from Maroo- a very cute blue bracelet! Then we got a package from teresajoy! It had some very cute Mickey Mouse lounge pants for Tucker. He'll have to keep a close eye on them so they don't disappear into my room! Then her son, Corey, made some adorable Mickey Mouse wallets out of duct tape. My nephew has that book on how to make things with duct tape. It is amazing what you can make. Nathan squealed with excitement when he saw them. At first he was worried they were for Tucker since the pants were for him. I assured him he could have one. He absolutely loves it. He keeps talking about how he is going to put his money in it to take to WDW and then he can keep it in his pocket and "whip it out" when he wants to buy a snack or souvenir. He says all this with a visual demonstration. Now you have to understand. Nathan has some problems with his memory and when he is really excited about something, he says it over and over and over again- because he forgets that he already said it. So I have heard and seen this spiel many times this afternoon!

I know I keep saying I will post pictures, but I promise, I really will try to get to that this weekend.

Carol

Awww, Carol, you've done it again! You've gone and made me cry!! I'm so excited that Nathan loved the wallets! Corey was pretty happy to be able to make something. I'm trying to talk him into logging in and posting a comment himself... I see he's on the other computer, so maybe he will do that!

I love the description you gave of Nathan describing how he will use the wallet!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Corey (Teresajoy's son) made Tessa an orange duct tape wallet when she was 2. She still uses it all the time! They are so cool! I love that boy!

Aww, I didn't know she still used it! How sweet!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #153
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Nathan and his wallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
Awww, Carol, you've done it again! You've gone and made me cry!! I'm so excited that Nathan loved the wallets! Corey was pretty happy to be able to make something. I'm trying to talk him into logging in and posting a comment himself... I see he's on the other computer, so maybe he will do that!

I love the description you gave of Nathan describing how he will use the wallet!!
We went to the HS football game last night. Nathan had to wear " something with pockets" so he could take his new wallet ( he chose the red wallet with the black Mickey head because the black Mickey head is "most authentic"- it was a decision that took no less than 10 minutes!). We gave him $1 to put in it for the concession stand. We told him he could take another dollar of his own money, but the little miser decided not to ( the kid has over $500 in his safe- that doesn't include the money he has invested in mutual funds-we have a deal with the kids. Any money they invest in mutual funds we will match but they can't cash it out until they graduate HS. UGH- they would die if we let them see their statements right now. The stock market has been hit so hard. Poor Tucker- he graduates in 2010 and he had planned to use his money to buy a better car. Right now he is driving my old 1998 Taurus that has 164,000 miles on it! Unless there is a miracle, he won't have enough money to buy much of anything. But it might work okay for me. When we gave Tucker my Taurus, we bought me a 2003 Tauras that only has 60,000 miles on it. Not very exciting, but fairly cheap and low mileage. My husband is a very "sensible" spender. So now he says we will probably give Tucker my "new" car when he goes to college and get me something newer. Works for me! But I digress- back to the wallet story!). Anyway, Nathan goes to the game with $2- yes, it started out as one but it had a small tear in it and somehow Nathan convinced his daddy to give him another one. Not sure why he just didn't give him a DIFFERENT one, but daddy is a sucker for his boys! At the game, he had to show EVERYONE his wallet. this is pretty much what he said to them, " Look I got this wallet my mom belongs to the group on the computer and they send stuff to kids who are going on wish trips and it is called the big give and we are part of the big give and one of the people's sons made me 2 wallets and I picked the one with the authentic Mickey head and I can carry my own money to take with me to Disney World so I can buy souvenirs and snacks and after the trip I can still use it to go to concession stands at football games and other times when we go to Disneyland isn't this the coolest thing ever!" The wallet was out of his pants pocket more than in it and by the end of half time ( he went home with grandma and grandpa after half time because he was cold and never went to the concession stand) it was full of money! Almost every person he showed it to gave him a dollar to put in it! If the little scammmer had started earlier, we might be able to go on an additional trip!

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
Old 11-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #154
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We went to the HS football game last night. Nathan had to wear " something with pockets" so he could take his new wallet ( he chose the red wallet with the black Mickey head because the black Mickey head is "most authentic"- it was a decision that took no less than 10 minutes!). We gave him $1 to put in it for the concession stand. We told him he could take another dollar of his own money, but the little miser decided not to ( the kid has over $500 in his safe- that doesn't include the money he has invested in mutual funds-we have a deal with the kids. Any money they invest in mutual funds we will match but they can't cash it out until they graduate HS. UGH- they would die if we let them see their statements right now. The stock market has been hit so hard. Poor Tucker- he graduates in 2010 and he had planned to use his money to buy a better car. Right now he is driving my old 1998 Taurus that has 164,000 miles on it! Unless there is a miracle, he won't have enough money to buy much of anything. But it might work okay for me. When we gave Tucker my Taurus, we bought me a 2003 Tauras that only has 60,000 miles on it. Not very exciting, but fairly cheap and low mileage. My husband is a very "sensible" spender. So now he says we will probably give Tucker my "new" car when he goes to college and get me something newer. Works for me! But I digress- back to the wallet story!). Anyway, Nathan goes to the game with $2- yes, it started out as one but it had a small tear in it and somehow Nathan convinced his daddy to give him another one. Not sure why he just didn't give him a DIFFERENT one, but daddy is a sucker for his boys! At the game, he had to show EVERYONE his wallet. this is pretty much what he said to them, " Look I got this wallet my mom belongs to the group on the computer and they send stuff to kids who are going on wish trips and it is called the big give and we are part of the big give and one of the people's sons made me 2 wallets and I picked the one with the authentic Mickey head and I can carry my own money to take with me to Disney World so I can buy souvenirs and snacks and after the trip I can still use it to go to concession stands at football games and other times when we go to Disneyland isn't this the coolest thing ever!" The wallet was out of his pants pocket more than in it and by the end of half time ( he went home with grandma and grandpa after half time because he was cold and never went to the concession stand) it was full of money! Almost every person he showed it to gave him a dollar to put in it! If the little scammmer had started earlier, we might be able to go on an additional trip!
How completely sweet!! I love his explanation... of the wallet!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #155
mom2lilnick
Mouseketeer

Whoo hoo! I love the wallet story!

Wife to one amazing guy Jeff
Mom to three wonderful kids..
Kayla, Noah and my wish child Nicholas .

Nick's pre-trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post28150528
Old 11-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #156
HeatherSue

I love that he ended up with a wallet full of money!!! That is GREAT!!!!

Corey is going to be thrilled that his gift was so appreciated!!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #157
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

God is good

Life can be tough sometimes so I derive great pleasure out of seeing the little ways that God is taking care of me-helps me remember he is with me during the "big" things too.

My mission today was to do laundry, start to pack, find shirts to make my wish shirts, exercise- and if I get the house looking decent and do some of my paperwork for work that is just a bonus. So I've been doing laundry all day ( I am way behind- if I don't do a load or 2 a day it really piles up) and as I take clothes out of the dryer I set aside the clothes I want to take on the trip. Each person has a pile of clothes to pack on the formal dining room table. So first 2 items on my to do list are shaping up. I was a bit worried about finding shirts. I did find the design I wanted to use ( thanks macintosh) and David seems confident that he understands how to do it. But we live in a small town- around 8000 people- and our shopping places are limited. I usually shop online but I don't have time for that. I could drive 90 miles to OKC if I need to but that will severely cut into my time. I thought I would take a shot at the few places we have in town. I started at the sporting goods store- no luck. But I ran into a mother of one of William's friends and she overheard what I was looking for. I decided my best bet was to call the place where they get shirts screen printed that is in a nearby town. Unfortunately, they are not opened on the weekend so I was taking a big chance waiting- if I had to go to OKC it would have to be during the week and I really wasn't sure if I had time to do that. But then when I got home, the mother called me and said she had been to our only clothes store in town ( Stage- I'm not sure if that is a national chain or not but ours is very small and doesn't have much). I hadn't even checked there because I have NEVER seen a plain colored t-shirt there. Anyway Susan told me she had been to Stage and they had an entire table of plain colored t-shirts and they had plenty in the royal blue that I wanted- they had all sizes from Nathan to David! And they were on sale for 4 for $20! I couldn't believe it! The thing I thought would be the hardest to accomplish pretty much fell in my lap!

As far as getting the house cleaned up- not sure that will happen today. It looks pretty bad. The clothes that I'm not packing up are all laid out in piles in the formal living room. I am a firm believer that the kids should put up their own laundry but the 3 oldest were gone to honor band try outs all day so that hasn't happened yet. Maybe we'll get it done tonight. Yes, I should have put a bigger laundry room in my house when we built it but I only had 1 two year old at the time and didn't know any better!

At least I know I will exercise- I told David to make me go walk the walking track every day and he's been pretty good about that and after the boys go to bed I can do paperwork while I watch tv.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #158
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

So glad Nathan got the Pj's! Hope they aren't too big! I know the bottoms were W I D E ! But I had on a pair of Pj's with the wide bottoms and thought they would be okay! So, hopefully they are!

I love the wallet story! I mean that is just too cool! Corey is such a sweet kid too!

And so glad you found your t's. I have been having trouble around here lately so I can only imagine living in a small town and trying to find them!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 11-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #159
zeppy68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
that is so cute, bussiness man in the making

Joe
Old 11-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #160
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
So glad Nathan got the Pj's! Hope they aren't too big! I know the bottoms were W I D E ! But I had on a pair of Pj's with the wide bottoms and thought they would be okay! So, hopefully they are!

I love the wallet story! I mean that is just too cool! Corey is such a sweet kid too!

And so glad you found your t's. I have been having trouble around here lately so I can only imagine living in a small town and trying to find them!
He loves the jammies- they aren't too big at all. They have a bit of growing room but that is how I buy everything. I finally convinced him that he had to let me wash them and set them aside to pack for the trip. He calls them his "motocross Mickey " jammies. I think maybe motocross is motorcycle racing but once he gets something in his memory, it is next to impossible to change it, so I'm not even going to try!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:06 AM   #161
bex271
Mouseketeer

that is so cute about the wallet at the game what a good business man he's going to make.

It's cute he loves his pjs so much. I'm getting so excited to meet y'all and hear what y'all have gotten to do.

becca
Old 11-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #162
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
That is so cool! Way to go Nathan!

I'm glad you found the shirts Carol!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #163
coreyjune12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Maybe you should have Nathan buy you a new car.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #164
jham
DIS Veteran

Love the wallet story! But no idea what a duct tape wallet looks like Sounds like something Seth would LOVE. I want pictures!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 11-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #165
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Finally, some pictures

Well, I finally got my pictures put on photobucket, so I will try to post some pictures.

This is the adorable sketch book Nathan got from Clared.

This is one of the tie dye Mickey shirts from Anna- we got one for the entire family. Unfortunately I already packed them up and forgot to get a picture of the entire family in ours, so you will have to wait until the trip report pictures to see them!

Here Nathan is waiting for his magic towel to open up.

And it is opened now!

Here is the very cool pencil pouch!

These are Nathan's favorite jammies now- his Mickey race car jammies. You know-the ones he calls his " motocross" jammies even though that would be a motorcycle, not a car. You might ask, what exactly is he doing with his hands? He is acting like he is driving a motocycle. I gave up trying to explain the difference to him. Like I've said before, once he gets something stuck in his brain it is very difficult to change.

And now the infamous duct tape wallets!

And the inside view!

Aren't they just adorable! Speaking of the wallet....we went to basketball games for William and Sam today. Nathan took his wallet for the concession stand. After the first game, I took Nathan to the other school for the next game while David went to a band boosters meeting. He was going to meet up with us at the next game in a bit. Now, I had gone and sat to visit with a friend at the end of the first game so I hadn't been with Nathan and David at the end of the game. When Nathan and I got to the second game, he couldn't find his wallet. He was beside himself with grief. I asked him if he had given it to his daddy. He said he didn't remember if he did. I tried to text David but he was in the middle of a meeting. Nathan was just inconsolable. I reminded him he had another one at home. He asked through his tears, " Do you think Corey would make me another red one with a black Mickey?" Luckily, once David got to the game, he did have the wallet. Disaster avoided!

Carol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: