Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

DVC Tour?

I have decided I am buying DVC, I was wondering how long the tour is and how the long the process of buying as I will have a 6 year old with me. I was wondering if it would be a bit boring for her.

Thanks

wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

I think there is an area that the kids can play in while adults are on the tour.

Claire
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
gshumaker
DIS Veteran

Any benefits in taking the tour?

Do they offer anything in return for your time like other time shares do?

How long do they usually last?
Aug 09 - Offsite @ Disneyland
Aug/Sep 11 - Universal/POP Century
Aug 14 POP Century/Universal

gshumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
Mrs Hobbes
DIS Veteran

We did this at Christmas and our DD then 5 went to play in a creche area. It took us about two hours but we were asking loads of questions and keeping our guide talking. We got picked up and taken to the park of our choice afterwards and they gave us special fast passes that were good for 3 uses.
AKV 02/09 WLV 10/10 OKW 02/12 AKL 12/13 DLRP MAGIC CIRCUS 06/14 DLRP SEQUOIA LODGE 11/14 DCL DREAM 08/28/15
Mrs Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

We were with our guide a good three hours, we were given three fast passes to use within 48 hours.

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

the min time is 90 min for timeshares,if you just whant to buy bypass the tour and ask them you just whant to buy
Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #7
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
the min time is 90 min for timeshares,if you just whant to buy bypass the tour and ask them you just whant to buy
Paulh
With talk about discounts I don't want to appear to eager.

I sent an email to them however they replied back saying I have to phone for information, I may phone them tomorrow afternoon.

wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyes View Post
With talk about discounts I don't want to appear to eager.

I sent an email to them however they replied back saying I have to phone for information, I may phone them tomorrow afternoon.
you get any discount going,when we bought in 1999,we did a try before you buy.was 3 nights at broardwalk and 4 nights at vero beach,was $800 but we had to do a 90 min presintation at the end,to get it at that price.by the time came to do it we were sold anyway so just told them we wanted to buy,We got the going discount at the time
Unlike outher timeshares disney arnt hard sell,the price you see is the price you pay.and if any discounts ar going at the time you will be buying they will aply them as there all advertised al over the resorts anyway.when you phone them tell them your in the uk and can they ring you back,they will and the calls not on your time then
Paulh
Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #9
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Our dd was 10 and she played in their playroom and had ice cream. We really enjoyed the time we spent.

I hope you have a great time and so enjoy your dvc purchase. You deserve it. Besides I need to read all your DVC trip reports so you have to buy

Have a great trip

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:00 AM   #10
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

our 8 year decided he wanted to come along on the tour
they were given ice cream too
after seeing the room our other DS16 took him to the arcade
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #11
penlanspice
Addicted 2 disney

Disney is nothing like other timeshare tours!! which can be we really enjoyed being shown around (quite a difference after a bad experience at Orange lake!) we decided on the spot after our second trip to buy.

Our guide even suggested we go and think about it and decide when we got home!!

Best thing we ever bought.

Our Dream Disney Wedding - September 19th 2006
WP-WH Room-Living seas - UK Lower
penlanspice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: