Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevinís rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

Change to reservation policy

I was mooching around the US DVC board today and found that there's been a change to how to can book your stay.

It seems like you can now book up to 7 nights from your check-in date. No more 'one day at a time' booking.
There is a lot of discussion as to whether this is a good thing or not.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1861954

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Pootle

DIS Veteran

This is how sad I am; I read every word of that thread until last night, and it's unlikely to affect me at all!

I'm fascinated by how quickly all the ways of possibly beating the system were posted, and how many Americans view being able to play around with their holiday dates as almost essential to their well-being. Something we (Brits) don't/can't do unless there's a true emergency, in which case insurance or employers foot the bill. (DH once had to change our plans at the last minute due to work but the company paid.)

I haven't read the posts from the last 20 hours (yet) so I don't know if Disney have posted any new information. There seems to be a lot of (understandable) irritation by the way they have not informed members, but I'm beginning to think it was very smart of them: Make the changes, wait to hear all the loopholes and possible ways to beat the system - and then firm up any new procedures!

Interesting times though. Anyone here bothered by the changes?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevinís rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

I can see how it will make it more difficult to get reservations at peak times or at other detinations than your home resort.

Say you want to stay for 2 weeks - you book your first week at the first check-in date, you cannot then book your second week until 8 days later. In the meantime anybody from day 2 to day 7 of your stay will be able to book for a full week, possibly leaving you with nowhere to go for your second week, or worse still, only some of your days available in your second week.
As I say this will probably only become an issue at peak times, but it will have an impact compared to booking day by day when it is much more of an even playing field.

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
lawlesslovewdw
loving the planning

was looking at that thread myself. Going to wait to see what official version is
lawlesslovewdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

For us Brits we always do long stays so it kind of beats calling day by day, 14times now just twice.

Although they are stopping calling day to day whats to stop you after getting the first week calling each day for 7 days booking an extra day?

All we need is guaranteed rooms at SSR at date of booking or SSR booking categories. Hey we can live in hope.

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Revtel
Mouseketeer

The difference is that the Americans tend to have fewer holidays than we do. They usually book shorter stays at shorter notice. For those of us Brits who go for two weeks or more (and book a long way out), it won't make that much difference apart from peak times.
Revtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #7
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I think this is actually great news for us Brits as we tend to have longer stays so it means that we can essentially book our whole stay up to 2 weeks earlier - saves that sweating and owrrying over whether you'll end up having to waitlist or not - at least you'll know straight off if there is availability.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: