Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
Easy2Putt
Earning My Ears

The Must Do rides for lil' ones:

It's been almost 2 decades since I've been back to Disneyland but now I go with kids of my own (5 y/o son and 2 y/o daughter)..geez..

Well, anyway, I know of the few rides that my kids will probably enjoy (i.e. Autopia, It's a Small World, Tea Cup, Jungle Cruise..excuse me if I've misnamed the rides..it's been awhile), but for you veterans out here what are some can't miss/'gotta do rides for our young ones?..so we don't stand in line that we know they can't handle..(i.e. Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, etc.)
Easy2Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
mlggator
Mouseketeer

Your 5 yo will be able to handle a lot more than your 2 yo. Rides for both of them would include: Pooh, Casey Jr, Dumbo, Storybook, Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Small World, Autotopia, Buzz lightyear, astro orbiters, and jungle cruise.

2 yo is a funny age, when a lot of dark rides can suddenly seem scary. At 2, many rides that DD loved became scary to her, even Pooh.

If they don't get spooked too easily, you could include Snow White, Pinnoccio, Pirates of the caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Roger Rabbit. These rides have dark scary parts in them that can scare little ones like your 2 yo.

You older child would probably really enjoy Star Wars, Big Thunder Railroad, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, and maybe even Space Mountain. My daughter loved Splash and Space Mountain at 5 yo, but was too scared to go on Haunted Mansion or Pirates. Go figure.

My son just turned 4 and is now big enough to ride the roller coasters. I am going to start him with the one in Toon Town and then see how it goes, building up with Thunder and Splash. If he loves it (like my daughter did) I will let him ride Space Mountain too.

Michele
mlggator is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Just so you know, IASW (Small World) is closed through November for refurbmishment.

These are the attractions I'd recommend for those ages:

Fantasyland rides (although Snow White is scary for many youngins)
Buzz
Autopia
Nemo
Matterhorn (if they are brave)
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Pooh
Princess Fantasy Faire
Toontown (to meet Mickey and Minnie)

DCA:
Monster's Inc.
Playhouse Disney show
Turtle Talk with Crush at Animation Studio
Bug's Land (but skip the 3-D show -- scary!)
Toy Story Midway Mania (will have LONG lines)

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
mlggator
Mouseketeer

Oh don't do the Bugs Land show. The rides are great for the little ones but the show is really scary.

Michele
mlggator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We love DCA so...

Monsters Inc, Flik's Flyers, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train (the smells! the watermelon mist!), a "bumper car" ride that is very uncomfortable but no one bumps so it's nice for a little, and another ride that I can never remember the name of, but it's just like teacups except you're "in" a Francis (lady bug) instead of a teacup. Oh, and you can't turn the thing so the spin isn't out of control.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Francis' Ladybug Boogie.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #7
HappinessIs
Earning My Ears

We loved Monsters, Inc., Dumbo and the Tiki ride in Bug's Land. Definitely hit the Playhouse Disney show, too.
HappinessIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #8
kiwi1
Earning My Ears

My 4 year old did everything for his age and height (40 in). His favourties where space mountain, matterhorn, thunder mountain and haunted house. He even did tower of terror several times and LOVED it. Depended on each kid though really.
kiwi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: