Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
Cartersmom
Earning My Ears

Anything I can take a 9mo onto?

Not a ride, as he's too young for rides, but I thought maybe the theatre style attractions, they would let me bring him in and on my lap..
Is this feasible? First time traveling with my baby, and we also have a 5 year old. So, I am just trying to plan. Another alternative might be Mother's Helper from Disney. Does anyone know if I can use Disney childcare if I am not in a Disney resort?

All input appreciated!!
Cartersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

My nephew was 7 months old when we went to WDW and he went on a lot of the dark rides as well as POTC. He couldn't do any of the big rides, but there really was a lot that he could do.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
crzy4mk
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."-Walt Disney

Not sure about the childcare question, but there are definitely things you can do with your baby while at DL, including a few rides.

Of course, the shows are a no-brainer. But if you're looking for some rides, you can take him on the DL railroad & the Storybook Canal boat. It's a shame Small World is closed, because that would be another option.

I'm sure there are a few more (maybe in A Bug's Land at DCA???). Other posters should be able to help you out.
crzy4mk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

I can tell you that you can take your 9 month old on any ride that doesn't have a height restriction. This would include, but not limited to, almost all the rides in Fantasyland (except for the Matterhorn), Pirates of the Caribbean (a favorite of my DD when she was a baby, she slept the entire ride), and Winnie the Pooh in Critter Country.

Also, be sure to take advantage of the Baby Care Center on Main Street. They have quiet cool places to nurse and change your baby. They also have movies running and activities for slightly older children while your taking a break.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
Sy-
Sometimes I sit and think... and sometimes I just sit...

You been here? http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ersLandingPage
Old 06-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

I'm sure your 9mo would love some of the rides. Try Winnie-the-Pooh or Buzz Lightyear for lots of visuals and colors for him to look at. Dumbo and King Arthur's Carousel are kid's classics. You also might want to try Peter Pan or Alice in Wonderland which are very gentle and not scary. He can ride Snow White, Pinocchio, Roger Rabbit, and Mr. Toad, but they are pretty intense and might be a bit scary for him. Also the train is nice, but you can't bring stollers on.

At DCA there's Flik's Fun Fair which has 3 rides which he would enjoy. Also the Monster's Inc. dark ride is gentle and tame. And he would love King Triton's carousel on Paradise Pier.
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
DisneyNic
DIS Veteran

We took a big family trip a few years ago with my entire family. At the time, my nephew was only 4 months old and there were a lot of things that my sister took him on. Like a previous poster said, pretty much anything that doesn't have a height restriction but obviously use your common sense since you know more about what your baby will have bad reactions to.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
pumpkin5156
DIS Veteran

My baby was introduced to Disney in my womb, then at 2 months, 3 months, and now we have APs!! Babies love Disney rides. Your 9 month old will love any ride that doesn't have a height restriction. My son went on a ton of stuff as an infant. Go for it! Not sure about the baby sitting thing...sorry

Have fun and take lots of pictures!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
fenfur
Mouseketeer

We've taken all my kids even when they were infants and they go on everything we go on, unless as said before there is a height restriction. Our current 12 month old goes on Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Tom Sawyer/Pirate Island, Pooh, Mark Twain, Columbia, railroad, Casey Jr., Dumbo, Alice, Peter Pan, Teacups, Storybook, Carousal, Snow White, Pinnochio, Mr. Toad, Main Street Cars, Small World, Nemo, Buzz, and since he just hit 12 months old he goes on the Tomorrowland Raceway with us too.

The only Disney childcare I know of is for 5 years old minimum and must be potty trained and be a hotel guest. Unless they are contracting out for childcare from a 3rd company.
Disneyland AP Holders
WDW: Jan. 1998 ASMu, POR/ASMu Sept. 1999 Engagement Trip, POR Aug. 23-Sept. 3 2008, Hoping for 14 nights this Aug/Sept

Mickey's Halloween Trick or Treat at DLR October 31, 2007
fenfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
honeymom
I just tried to connect the dots
I keep reading these posts so I might as well get in on the fun, too

I took my dd to WDW when she was 11 months old and did everything but thrill rides/coasters with her.
1972 1st WDW Visit (Offsite Quality Inn), 1977 1st DL Visit (LAX Marriott), 1985 (Offsite Friend's Apartment), 1988-1993 Once yearly DL while living in SoCal, Feb. 1997 - WDW (offsite Radisson Resort Parkway), June 2001 - WDW (Port Orleans French Quarter), August 2002 - DL (Disneyland Hotel), March 2004 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge), Jan. 2007 - DL (Grand Californian)May 2008 - DL (Anaheim Fairfield Inn), Feb 2012 WDW (Beach Club)
honeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
avalon451
Errrr... what?

Several nursing moms here swear by nursing the baby on PotC (well, one side, anyway ). Nice and dark, smooth ride, toss the blankie over your shoulder and nobody's the wiser. Plus baby is happy!

avalon451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon451 View Post
Several nursing moms here swear by nursing the baby on PotC (well, one side, anyway ). Nice and dark, smooth ride, toss the blankie over your shoulder and nobody's the wiser. Plus baby is happy!
Most definitely.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #13
DevilDuckie
I'm the cute one
Frankly, I'd let them sleep on the floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartersmom View Post
Not a ride, as he's too young for rides, but I thought maybe the theatre style attractions, they would let me bring him in and on my lap..
Is this feasible? First time traveling with my baby, and we also have a 5 year old. So, I am just trying to plan. Another alternative might be Mother's Helper from Disney. Does anyone know if I can use Disney childcare if I am not in a Disney resort?

All input appreciated!!
I'd skip the theatre stuff for the most part. It is longer and you're less likely to keep an infant engaged and quiet. Rides like Small World or Peter Pan have more going on and will be more interesting for an infant. A Bug's Land over in DCA is probably perfect for your family- although the show there is pretty scary for a lot of little ones.
DevilDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #14
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartersmom View Post

All input appreciated!!
He's not too young for rides, psh Unless he's a skittish baby. He can go on all the FL rides, that is unless he gets frightened easily. Attractions? Billy Hill and the hillbillies, cartoons on Main St., Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: