Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #106
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

For Bill

Good luck with everything Bill and Tracy in the days ahead.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #107
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I'm looking what's going on with Bill?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #108
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
I just want to wish Bill good luck on his surgery just in case I don't get back on!
Aww, that is so sweet of you, thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I can't believe I've missed so much......
It is a speedy TR this time Jordan. We go back in Oct to WDW etc. and have so much going on I just wanted to make sure I got it taken care of before Bill's surgery.

Quote:
Thanks for the shout out Tracy!!!!! you did have good mojo...

Seeing the pix of Pop!!!! Heaven..........

can't wait to read more.
Your welcome ! I missed you and was really worried. I will have to go over to your awesome TR and see what you have posted there. OMG, I said "mojo" more times than I can count and thought of you every time I said it. Bill was laughing at me. I LOVE Pop too!!

Quote:
MMMM....I'm glad you enjoyed the drink.....

Peeps!!!!!!!!
That drink was pure Heaven!! I saw Peeps everywhere, Bill doesn't get it. He didn't think I should take any pictures, so we compromised on one picture of Morocco .

Quote:
Okay....I'm caught up.....Bill must exude that friendly CM aura....
I wish he was a CM, then we could get the discounts .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Tracy! Somehow when I subscribed to this TR I didn't sign up for the emails... so I was pleasantly surprised to find so many updates when I poppped over to check on you today! My favorites so far... love the Pop pictures and the Epcot pix - brings back memories of my recently trip with mom. SWW looks so cool! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Your dessert at 50s PTC looked yummy - I'll have to remember that in the future - is it just seasonal or do they have it year round?? The Indy Bill picture is great - I totally woud have bought it too. I can't wait to ride Toy Story Mania! I hope we get to go next spring - I know we will all love it - thanks for all of the great pictures!

Good Luck to Bill on Wednesday. My thoughts will be with both of you.
Hi Amy!! I am so glad to "see" you!! SWW was really cool, we will be going again sometime. I think that dessert was seasonal, but heck they said last November the seasonal cobbler was apple, then Bill asked 2 weeks ago what the seasonal cobbler was and it was Apple, so it might still be there when you go . You will love TSM, it was really great.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #109
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

Good luck with everything Bill and Tracy in the days ahead.
Heidi, thank you so much, we love that. I will post to update everyone after everything is over when I get a chance. The hospital does have wireless internet .

Quote:
I'm looking what's going on with Bill?
Jordan, Bill will have ankle surgery the afternoon of July 2nd. They are releasing two tendons and reattaching one. He will stay over night and have a splint for a week or two then a short cast for 4 to 6 weeks.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #110
mrsksomeday

# 8 Another change

Initially according to my DOTP = Disney Obsessive Trip Planning we were supposed to be at Animal Kingdom at rope drop. We were going to do the Nemo show, the safari, and Festival of the Lion King before going over to MK. Bill was tired when we got back to the room and we decided to sleep in until 9:30am and head over to MK instead. I couldn’t take it, by 8am I was wide awake, but laid there until 8:30am. I was full of energy this trip and didn’t want to sleep. I got up, made sure everything was put back in the suitcase we didn’t need, and made sure the backpack was ready. I got dressed and laid on top of the covers waiting for the alarm to go off. It finally did.

Bill wanted to see if we could get a reservation at Tony’s instead of the Crystal Palace one we had at 4:45pm. We had originally booked The Wave at the Contemporary, until Bill saw the menu and said “Ewww, no way”. I got on the phone, there weren’t any dinner ressies left, but there was a late lunch at 2:30pm. Bill said ok, so we booked it. I helped Bill get dressed and put the birthday button on again. For those of you counting this was the 3rd day of the birthday extravaganza. Then he said “why don’t you get some prices for the bounce back offer?” I had made my ADR’s for our October trip, but was waiting for AP with dining rates to come out to book the room.

I called, we liked the price we got and booked it. I booked Oct. 19th through Oct. 27th. (I added the 18th two days ago, because that date was not included in the future visit offer.) Ten days and 9 nights in my happy place in October that made leaving the next day just a bit easier!!

We left the room by 11:30am and the bus arrived immediately. When we were in the bus, we saw the MK sign. My heart always beats faster when I see it. We walked in and ohhhh there is the castle just where we left it in November:

It is so nice to see that they took care of it for us. We were trying to do some things we hadn’t done before and since we had never been to Toontown we decided to go there first via the train.

Wheelchair accessible area on the train:

We were welcomed to Toontown

and went in search of the princesses. It said a 45 minute wait, but I think it was more like 30. Bill got to see Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora.

Did you see that Aurora was hugging up my man. She better be glad that princesses, DISers, and Soap Stars get a pass when it comes to touching Bill .

We had to look at the pins there and Bill bought a Mickey with Walt pin (that I have since stolen from him) and traded for a Mickey and Donald pin:

After that we took a stroll through Minnie’s house, it was adorable but very hot and stuffy inside. I loved the paintings there:

Then we went to visit Mickey’s house.

He had the air on, it felt much nicer in there. We didn’t get to visit him in the Judge’s tent since we had an ADR to get to. We hopped back on the train

and were there quickly. It was the first time we had rode the train all the way around the park.

We saw Pinocchio, but the line was too long so on to Tony’s. We didn’t even have to wait 5 minutes before being seated. We came to the table and they had Mickey head confetti on it, I hadn’t said anything about Bill’s birthday, I guess the hostess saw the button.

The waiter wanted to take a picture of us:

Bill ordered the Chicken Parmesan and I got a Caesar Salad with the dressing on the side.

He got a Coke and I got tea, it tasted a little funny to me so I ordered a diet coke. We decided to eat slowly for several of reasons.

1. It helps the digestive system

2. I was updating my trip report journal so I was writing more than eating

3. I was addressing some postcards

4. The parade was coming and we were by the windows in the restaurant

As we were sitting there by the door to the porch a visitor showed up:

He decided to walk around the restaurant:

The waiters didn’t even pay attention to him. Guests next to us were not amused, their teenage daughter was scared of the duck and they left. We finally got done with our lunch and Bill ordered cheesecake, I got the seasonal sugar free Apple Sorbet. I always cut Bill’s food for him. He was killing me, making the fat girl cut the cheesecake, LOL. Cheesecake is my kryptonite. I made it through cutting it up for him, I was weak but still alive.

The sorbet was F A N T A S T I C. I adored it, I wanted more, I loved it. I can’t say enough about it. It was wonderful. The parade came through and we could see it very well. Then it was time to go.

We got outside and it was raining, pouring actually. We looked at one other like “oh no”. People were leaving the park in droves. We stood there trying to decide what to do.

Next installment…Do we leave too?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #111
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Love that Mickey and Walt pin and that sorbet looks delicious.....

Prayers for Bill on Wednesday....
Old 06-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #112
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Love the pin you scored!!!

And that apple sorbet is lookin' to die for girlfriend!

Great update...once again!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #113
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Hey Tracy! Just got back from a long weekend away (not Disney) and was happy to find all your updates when I returned!

The Star Wars pictures look great! I too am not a big fan (only saw one of the movies) but the pictures you took make it look like so much fun even for someone who doesn't know much about it.

How funny that so many people thought Bill was a CM! Maybe it is a sign...

Love all the pins you guys got - looks like some great ones!

Great pictures of Toy Story Midway Mania also! I'm glad you got a chance to ride it - I can't wait to ride it myself! Looks like tons of fun.

for the 10 days booked in October! That is awesome!

Loved seeing you in more of the pictures - you look great!

My prayers will be with Bill tomorrow - please keep us updated on his surgery.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #114
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Best wishes for Bill's surgery.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 07-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #115
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

WOW! Sounds like a wonderful day at Magic Kingdom. I love the pins! And those princesses.... How dare she hug him??

I wonder how it's going to go for us in October. DD is VERY possessive about her Daddy. She scowls and growls whenever we mention princesses. She doesn't want them near her Daddy! She's just gonna have to get over it, I do believe.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 07-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #116
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
We had originally booked The Wave at the Contemporary, until Bill saw the menu and said “Ewww, no way”.
I think I said the same thing when I saw the menu too!

Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #117
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Good luck to Bill for tomorrow!

I can just picture you all ready and raring to go waiting for the alarm, so funny

The food at Tonys looked lovely and a view of the parade too
Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #118
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Wishing Bill the best of luck tommorow.
Let's hope the surgery helps a lot.
And for a speedy recovery! And Tracy, for your nerves to be at ease.
He'll be fine. You'll both be just fine.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #119
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Here's hoping that tomorrow goes perfectly for you guys!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #120
team weasel
Buddy of Buzz

Can I just say that I love this pic of Bill. I wish I could just take this and bottle it up. Disney Happiness. I think I would have a top seller, don't you.

Wishing you guys all the best of luck tomorrow. Give us an update as soon as you can. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: