Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #91
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

# 7 Tracy asks to do something

Bill’s plan was to go to Fantasmic now. We were going to have to walk right past Toy Story Mania to get there. Earlier in the day we had went by and the wait was 110 minutes with no Fast Passes left. It now said 70 minutes and it was 8:40pm. I really wanted to ride it, I had been reading a lot about the accessibility of it and was eager to see this in person. I asked Bill, “How upset would you be if we went on Toy Story Mania instead of Fantasmic?” He looked a little disappointed, but said “We will be back in October and if you really want to do it, let’s go”. YAY!! This pic was taken after the ride:

In November when we were at Disney standing in lines killed me, it felt like my feet were going to explode. I would say it was because of the weight and my shoes too. This time I had no issues what so ever, I didn’t mind standing around at all. I took many, too many pictures of the queue:

These are on the ceiling:

More queue:

We finally got up to the front and were waiting for the accessible vehicle. They informed us that there are 2 of them and it shouldn’t be that long.

The accessible vehicle moves off the main line over to the accessible loading area. Here it is:

Here is the ramp that comes out:

This is the part they take out so the wheelchair can load. The colorful blocks are where they store the part when a wheelchair user is riding in the accessible vehicle:

I love how it felt like we were small in this huge room:

We had an amazing time, we were laughing so much. The “gun” has a little pull string to reload. The wheelchair accessible one has that, but also has a “cheat button” on top of the gun the rider can press if they aren’t able to use the pull string. I was so happy about this because Bill can’t use his right hand. It does jerk you around a bit and spins, we loved it. We got off and couldn’t stop giggling. Here are pictures when we were exiting:

We decided it was time to leave. It was crowded, but not as bad as Epcot the night before. There was an wheelchair in front of us. Then others in wheelchairs and ECV’s came behind us. The bus driver pulled up and was starting to let people load, one of the family members went up there and said “there are ECV’s and wheelchairs here”, he said he didn’t see them?? I don’t know how he couldn’t have, but whatever. There were other CM’s helping the bus drivers that night. They loaded Bill and the bus driver was having trouble finding a place for the tie downs. I went up to Alan from Winter Park FL (according to his name tag). I said “I can show him where to put the tie downs”, Alan said “Our bus drivers are thoroughly trained on how to do that”. I said “I am sorry, but that has not been our experience here”. I went back in line, then he came over and said “ are you with him?” I said “Yes, why would I tell you I could show you where to put the tie downs if I wasn’t with him?” He said please come on the bus. I went on and showed the driver who was still having issues. The tie downs wouldn’t reach correctly, he couldn’t get the seatbelt to extent right, another CM came on the bus and showed him how to release it. So much for being thoroughly trained (Rolling eyes).

It was hot, humid, miserable, but we had an amazing time. I think we are going back next year!!

Next installment…Do we make it to Animal Kingdom?

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 06-29-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #92
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

SWW looks like tons of fun and I can't wait to try Toy Story Mania! I am glad you got so much Pixie Dust and that you got the pictures with Minnie and Mickey. They look great in their Star Wars outfits.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #93
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I think it's fantastic how wheelchair friendly WDW is and to have a cheat button so all riders can have fun is brilliant

Now they just need to train the bus drivers better
Old 06-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #94
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Ugh. I'm amazed at the poopy attitudes of Disney bus drivers.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 06-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #95
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
SWW looks like tons of fun and I can't wait to try Toy Story Mania! I am glad you got so much Pixie Dust and that you got the pictures with Minnie and Mickey. They look great in their Star Wars outfits.
It was great fun!! Minnie and Mickey were a blast that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I think it's fantastic how wheelchair friendly WDW is and to have a cheat button so all riders can have fun is brilliant

Now they just need to train the bus drivers better
The accessibility and the magic is what has us coming back time and time again. Bill feels that he can do things there and that makes him happy, which makes me happy.

The bus driver was just blind I guess . Alan, the guy "helping" the bus drivers was the donkey's behind that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Ugh. I'm amazed at the poopy attitudes of Disney bus drivers.
I will say that bus driver was just nervous because the equipment wasn't working right, the "helping" CM is the one with the major poopy attitude. I don't take it from any of them anymore, I dish it right back .
Old 06-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #96
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

I haven't seen Fantasmic at DHS yet. But I love it at DLR! its on the River in New Orleans Square, right outside of POTC. Just awesome.

Speaking of which (POTC), DLR's is way cooler! But the queue at MK is cooler.
They need to get that together, it would be awesome.

You two need to get out to Anaheim.

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #97
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
I haven't seen Fantasmic at DHS yet. But I love it at DLR! its on the River in New Orleans Square, right outside of POTC. Just awesome.

Speaking of which (POTC), DLR's is way cooler! But the queue at MK is cooler.
They need to get that together, it would be awesome.

You two need to get out to Anaheim.
I love Fantastmic, but was really wanting to get on TSM. I have never been on POTC, I can't transfer Bill into the boat by myself. We are hoping Bill's parents will come with us once and they can help me.

I also would like to go to Anaheim, but Bill isn't convinced, he wants WDW only. I will keep working on him .
Old 06-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #98
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Didn't you just loooooove Toy Story? I think it was great...one of my new favs!!!

So sorry about the bus and the drivers. We had that experience while there (not us)...but with the drivers having difficulty loading wheelchairs, etc. You'd think they would be able to do it by now!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #99
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
We took a couple of photopass pictures, but I didn't buy any. I am going to pre pay for one for October. That angel food cake was wonderful. I want it again!!
We're going to be pre-paying for the photopass, too. We'll be there for ten days and nights. I'm pretty sure I can rack up just a few photopass pictures in that amount of time

Quote:
I went to the dog site and read for an hour .
It can get rather addicting..... Some of the captions they add to those pictures are HILARIOUS!!!!

Glad to hear that you guys really enjoyed Toy Story Midway Mania. I'm loving your report and your pictures. Our trip is 3 1/2 months away still, but I am getting excited!

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 06-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #100
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

I just want to wish Bill good luck on his surgery just in case I don't get back on!
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 06-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #102
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had Pop mojo, I kept thinking about Jordan while I was at Pop and the word “mojo”. I bet I drove Bill crazy with that word, but I couldn’t help it. We had the mojo going on and it continued when I opened the door to the room:

Thanks for the shout out Tracy!!!!! you did have good mojo...

Seeing the pix of Pop!!!! Heaven..........

can't wait to read more.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #103
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Continued...

Then I saw someone with an alcoholic slushie. I stopped her, “where did you get that?” She told me and we were on our way. I saw the $8 price tag and didn’t care, I wanted a Grey Goose slushie.

OMG, Y U M M Y!!! I wanted Bill to take a pic of me with it. HUH? Me, actually wanting a picture of myself, the booze must have been getting to my brain fast. I was acting goofy, very goofy when Bill took this:

As I was sitting there, I had to take a picture of Morocco. Yes, you see it, if anyone has read Jordan’s trip report, you will understand. I will not say the word, but you know what I was thinking when I took it. I was not being offensive, I was not being mean, I just wanted a picture of Morocco .

MMMM....I'm glad you enjoyed the drink.....

Peeps!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #104
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Okay....I'm caught up.....Bill must exude that friendly CM aura....
Old 06-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #105
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Tracy! Somehow when I subscribed to this TR I didn't sign up for the emails... so I was pleasantly surprised to find so many updates when I poppped over to check on you today! My favorites so far... love the Pop pictures and the Epcot pix - brings back memories of my recently trip with mom. SWW looks so cool! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Your dessert at 50s PTC looked yummy - I'll have to remember that in the future - is it just seasonal or do they have it year round?? The Indy Bill picture is great - I totally woud have bought it too. I can't wait to ride Toy Story Mania! I hope we get to go next spring - I know we will all love it - thanks for all of the great pictures!

Good Luck to Bill on Wednesday. My thoughts will be with both of you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: