Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #46
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Great update Tracy! EPCOT is really pretty in the spring early summer, the pictures were great. Can't wait to see what was next.
Thank you so much!! I loved the flowers, I could have went crazy taking pictures of them.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #47
mrsksomeday

# 4 Walking around the World Showcase

We came out of the restaurant and it had cooled off a bit. The sun was behind some clouds and there was a breeze, ahhhhh very nice. We went to look at a pin cart. Bill hadn’t purchased any pins yet and was itching to. He got a muppet pin and a Tink Pin:

Why do I go picture crazy when I go to WDW? I guess in the back of my mind it doesn’t feel real to me, that I might never make it back and I have to capture all the sites I see, so this installment will have some of the many pictures I took.

I liked seeing the boat in the lagoon:

More random World Showcase pictures:

For some reason I short changed Mexico, like I usually do to Canada . We were making our way to one of the wheelchair accessible locations. Illuminations was different from the last time we saw it, we loved it. WDW really knows how to do the fireworks shows.

We made our way out of the park and went to the bus line. For some reason there was no place to break off to go for wheelchairs so we went through the normal line. It was insane how many people were in line, but everyone was nice for about the first hour, then people started getting cranky. Busses were going to the other stops, but not for Pop. It took us over 90 minutes to get close to the front of the line. I expected this because of the crowds in June. It was very hot, but I was handling it well. A bus showed up and the driver started telling me we were in the wrong place and we should have been here, blah, blah, blah. Then I told him there was no place to veer off and he looked and said “well that shouldn’t be that way” DUH!!!

We finally got back to Pop and got Chocolate milk for Bill’s pills. I set the alarm for 6am and we went to bed.

Next installment…Did we make rope drop at DHS?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2008, 06:17 AM   #48
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of World Showcase Tracy! I especially like the one of SSE seen through the china/japan( (?) pavillion. We have yet to see IllumiNations - must do on next trip. Sorry about your horrible bus wait - that is crazy!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:23 AM   #49
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pics Tracy!!!! So clear.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #50
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Great installment!! I love your pictures around the World Showcase. Don't worry about going picture-crazy. On our last trip to TN, we were gone for a total of 7 days, and I took over 800 pictures. I hate to think how many I'll take at Disney World..... (That's why I'm bringing the laptop -- so I can download my pictures and not worry about running out of room on the memory cards)

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg currently in progress

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 06-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #51
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Yikes 90 mins?!?!?!? That is why DH likes to walk aroud the park and take our time leaving so we don't have to wait in a line that long. Plus it is nice to be in the parks just enjoying the moment while sitting on a bench instead of in a line. Can't wait to see if you made it for rope drop.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #52
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

90 minutes for a bus? I can't even imagine!

Great pics. I loooooove reports with lots of them. No complaints from me!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #53
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Just checking in to say Hi

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #54
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Great pictures of World Showcase Tracy! I especially like the one of SSE seen through the china/japan( (?) pavillion. We have yet to see IllumiNations - must do on next trip. Sorry about your horrible bus wait - that is crazy!
Hi Michelle. Thanks, I really like that pic too. It is the Japan pavillion. Oh you need to see Illuminations, it is wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
Wonderful pics Tracy!!!! So clear.
Thank you so much, I am very happy how they turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Great installment!! I love your pictures around the World Showcase. Don't worry about going picture-crazy. On our last trip to TN, we were gone for a total of 7 days, and I took over 800 pictures. I hate to think how many I'll take at Disney World..... (That's why I'm bringing the laptop -- so I can download my pictures and not worry about running out of room on the memory cards)
Thank you!! This is the first time I haven't taken the laptop to download pics, I was afraid I was going to run out of room .

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Yikes 90 mins?!?!?!? That is why DH likes to walk aroud the park and take our time leaving so we don't have to wait in a line that long. Plus it is nice to be in the parks just enjoying the moment while sitting on a bench instead of in a line. Can't wait to see if you made it for rope drop.
Hi! Usually Bill and I do walk around for a bit before going out to the busses, but we had been up since 4am and just wanted to get back to the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
90 minutes for a bus? I can't even imagine!

Great pics. I loooooove reports with lots of them. No complaints from me!
Hi, it seemed like forever, lol. Thanks, I love reports like that too. I promise, I never leaned on someone, moved a child out of the way, or used a strangers head for a tripod to get any of these pictures .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
Just checking in to say Hi
Hi back , there will be in installment coming right up. I have to go get Bill for lunch right now.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #55
mrsksomeday

# 5 To get up or not? Part 1

The alarm went off and the wake up call came at the same time. What did we do? I hopped up ready to go and Bill didn’t say his classic “one more hour” line. We were both excited to see what would happen this day. After I got Bill ready, I got ready, and got stuff together for Bill’s backpack, we were out the door by 7:30am.

A rare quiet time at Pop:

Bill, waiting for the bus, ready for a day of Star Wars activity:

We got on a bus right before 8 and in a couple of minutes we were there. We were standing in a great place to wait for the Stormtroopers to show up. I took some pictures:

Why have I never noticed this Mickey?

They saw Bill pointing at them and one of them pointed a gun right toward Bill:

It was funny, we liked it a lot. They decided to let us in. We saw someone dressed as Anakin behind Bill:

As we were walking in the park we heard them saying “fast pass lanes are over here”. Bill looked at me, I looked at him and we went that way. David Prowse’s (Darth Vader) line was very long. Peter Mayhew’s (Chewbacca) line wasn’t too bad and Bill said he wanted to try it. There was a lady in front of us with her son. This was their first time too. I asked the CM if I needed a Fast Pass or not because I didn’t want an autograph I would just be going through the line with Bill, he said only Bill would need one.

The lady, Diane, started talking to her daughter that had just come up. There was a conversation about the daughter not wanting to stand in line with her dad in the Darth Vader line “because they were way back there and there was no chance of a FP”. She wanted to get Chewy’s autograph, but Diane wanted her to stay with her dad and keep him company. Then I got an idea, I told her I could get a FP and give it to her for her daughter. I wanted to spread some Pixie Dust that day. She thanked me many times and got my email addy. The Stormtroopers walked among the crowd and I got a picture of Bill with one.

We went on our way and who did we see? Queen Amidala and we decided to get a picture of Bill with her. Yes, we had the birthday button on again – day 2 of the 3 day extravaganza. Don’t judge us just smile and keep reading. The Queen wished Bill Happy Birthday and I played photographer:

We didn’t have a plan for today, so we decided to walk around. Here are some random pics I took:

We walked over to see Behind the Force, but Bill decided to see the motorcade instead on the other side of the park. On the way we stopped in at Tatoonie Traders and got Bill a SWW t-shirt and a Star Wars pin:

We were worried about getting a spot, so we went over to sit at the Backlot Express, there was a rope so we sat behind it. We got to see the kids doing the Padawan Mind Challenge, it was cute.

People were lining up for the motorcade. Here is a family that got dressed up:

There were some people dressed up, but I think more would have been if it wasn’t so blasted hot. It was very hot that day, or at least to me it was.

Continued in next post...
Old 06-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #56
mrsksomeday

# 5 To get up or not? Part 2

Then it was time for the motorcade, here were the hosts of it. They jokes were really corny, but funny:

Look Darth Vader - David Prowse:

Chewy - Peter Mayhew (He kinda looks like Chewy doesn't he?)

Certain people/characters went up on stage:

Finally Warwick Davis:

Next installment…what to do next?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #57
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Next installment…what to do next?
Have a boozie slushie on such a hot day?

Great pictures....I've never seen pictures of the SWW "parade" before. And I must say that I recognized more characters then I thought I would.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #58
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

You got some very nice shots of the parade/motorcade. Looks like a lot of fun (even though it was HOT).

And I have to admit. I've never even seen ONE of the Star Wars movies!!! I know basically who the main characters are, but can't really tell ya much about the storylines or anything. Just one thing I never did get "into". Look like you guys were enjoying it though.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg currently in progress

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 06-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #59
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

SWW looks fun, crowded but loads of fun.

How sweet were you getting that FP for that little girl, spreading your own pixiedust :

The parade looks good too and yes the actor who plays chewy does resemble the character
Old 06-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #60
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Have a boozie slushie on such a hot day?

Great pictures....I've never seen pictures of the SWW "parade" before. And I must say that I recognized more characters then I thought I would.
Hi Heidi! I wish I could have had a slushie that day . I also recognized more people than I thought I would, but there were some I was thinking "who the heck is that?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
You got some very nice shots of the parade/motorcade. Looks like a lot of fun (even though it was HOT).

And I have to admit. I've never even seen ONE of the Star Wars movies!!! I know basically who the main characters are, but can't really tell ya much about the storylines or anything. Just one thing I never did get "into". Look like you guys were enjoying it though.
Hi Darla, we had a great spot for the parade, I had no idea all the characters would go up on that stage, it was great!! Oh, I won't tell Bill you haven't seen any of the movies, I don't want him to faint. He will tell me I can't talk to you anymore .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
SWW looks fun, crowded but loads of fun.

How sweet were you getting that FP for that little girl, spreading your own pixiedust :

The parade looks good too and yes the actor who plays chewy does resemble the character
Hi Jo. It was extremely crowded, but the people seemed to be a lot more polite than the super soap fans. Thanks, I had fun spreading the pixie dust. The mom kept saying over and over again.. are you sure? She was really sweet.

Peter Mayhew is a goof ball. You will see in some of the other pictures I have.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: