Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #31
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy Bill had to keep up with you!!!!
And yes, those birds are aggresive as heck! I got dive-bombed bringing food
back to my room!

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #32
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
It must be a great relief to see the chair get put onto the plane, it would be bad to lose luggage but horrendous to lose Bills chair!

Looks like you scored a great room and so funny about the shower chair

It's fantastic that you can feel the difference with the weightloss, well done
Yes, it is a great relief to see the chair go in the plane, I couldn't even imagine what we would do it they didn't send it. A long time ago, Bill was on a flight that stopped to pick up more people and happened to look out the window. He saw them unloading his chair . He got the flight attendant's attention and they put it back on, but if he hadn't been looking it would have been a mess. That is why we do direct flights only.

We could hear people in the pool sometimes at night when we were laying in bed, but we fell asleep quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by team weasel View Post
Great Update Tracy!

And that is a freakin' awesome Donald Sith pin! Reading your report makes me soooo ready to go back. Not that I need any help with that.

86 days and counting for me.
Thanks, I thought it was a cool pin too. I bet you are so excited. Your trip will be here before you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
I'm so happy Bill had to keep up with you!!!!
And yes, those birds are aggresive as heck! I got dive-bombed bringing food
back to my room!
I felt bad about looking back at him and saying "come on", but it was such a great feeling of not hurting, not feeling winded, I just wanted to go go go.

Those dang birds are annoying!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2008, 02:15 AM   #33
eternaldisneyfan
Have an Attitude of Gratitude!
*sadly, no emoticons because my pix max out the limit-my words will have to stand alone*

I just found your trippie! I am about to go to bed so can't read now but wanted to subscribe so I can find it easier...

Boo'd!! Frosted , Snowed , Ho ho'd Tree'd!
"Everything in life is a choice. Even if the only choice we have is the attitude with which we embrace each moment." Mattie Stepanek
Old 06-21-2008, 07:08 AM   #34
SaratogaShan
DIS Veteran

Wooooohooooo! You made it!

We most often stay at Saratoga Springs, but I LOVE Pop. In fact, we are leaving in just a few days and we will be at Pop the first weekend!

Oh, by the way....I know you are a bit camera shy, but I hope we get to see a picture of the beautiful new you!

Shan

Hi eternaldisneyfan!

Last edited by SaratogaShan; 06-21-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #35
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternaldisneyfan View Post
I just found your trippie! I am about to go to bed so can't read now but wanted to subscribe so I can find it easier...
Hi Christamae, haven't seen you in ages hope all is well
Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #36
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternaldisneyfan View Post
Hi!!! I am so happy to hear from you. How are you and your family doing? I hope all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaratogaShan View Post
Wooooohooooo! You made it!

We most often stay at Saratoga Springs, but I LOVE Pop. In fact, we are leaving in just a few days and we will be at Pop the first weekend!

Oh, by the way....I know you are a bit camera shy, but I hope we get to see a picture of the beautiful new you!

Shan

Hi eternaldisneyfan!
I have seen pics of Saratoga Springs, it looks great!! Have fun at Pop, we really do enjoy it thre.

There are at least 2 pics of me I am posting. The more the weight comes off the more I will get around a camera .
Old 06-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #37
mrsksomeday

# 3 So happy to be in Epicot Part 1

Yes, I know I spelled “Epcot” wrong in my installment title. See the DIS messes with your brain and makes you say things differently. I had read the word “Epicot” on LaLa’s trip report a long time ago and told Bill about it. We have since referred to Epcot as Epicot, don’t judge us, just smile and keep reading.

How long did we wait for the bus? Oh about 10 seconds, I kid you not. We walked up and the bus magically appeared. Well, ok it didn’t “magically” appear, it came around the corner, but I am in Disney so to me it was magic.

Andy, the bus driver was so nice and efficient. He knew exactly where to put the tie downs.

*A side note here. I took many pictures of how Disney makes things accessible so you will be seeing them throughout the report… side note over, on with the installment.

We got to Epicot (ok Epcot, I am annoying myself as I type this by continually saying Epicot). I noticed this fence:

Was this there in November and I just don’t remember? Is this new? What is the deal with this? I swear it wasn’t there then, but I could be wrong.

Ahhh, there it is, Spaceship Earth:

We went up to the ticket counter with our lime green Annual Pass vouchers. The ticket agent was thrilled, she turned to her co-worker and said “see I told you there were some AP’s that were lime green”. I guess they had a bet going or something and I had just helped her win. Yep, that is me, there to spread the pixie dust whenever I can. She got us fixed up, Bill got Cinderella and I got Mickey, what is up with that?? I asked for a birthday button for Bill and we were on our way.

We headed over to guest relations to see if we could score an ADR somewhere. We got Restaurant Marrakesh. I was not happy, but seeing Bill grinning when the CM mentioned the belly dancer reminded me this was his birthday trip and to just go along with it.

Look, pretty foilage:

Bill, go pose by more pretty flowers, we let Pal Mickey join us again:

We decided to go to the Living Seas and ride Nemo. It was essentially a walk on.

I had read on the DIS that there was a question as to whether or not Bill would have to transfer or not. We had been on it before and never had an issue. They asked us if he could transfer and I told them if he couldn’t go in his regular chair, we would not ride. She got a manager and they said no problem. I am not sure if they had a problem since we were there in November or what? All I know is if they have a fantastic accessible ride vehicle like that one it is a shame they are thinking about making people transfer all the time.

Next we went to see if we had missed the Dolphins. We were right on time for the training session. We got a great place where Bill could see, sorry if the pics aren’t great.

Afterwards, we decided to go over to the World Showcase. Everything looks different with the foliage and it being summer, it is great to see it at different times of the year. More pretty:

We had never even set foot in Canada on previous trips. I know that is horrible and we decided to change that. The flowers were gorgeous.

Continued next post....
Old 06-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #38
mrsksomeday

# 3 So happy to be in Epicot Part 2

Continued...

We loved the different kinds of soap in the Trading Post, they had funny names.

The waterfall was beautiful.

I am really glad we went there. We are going to go see the movie on our next trip.

We decided to just walk, I took some pictures:

Then I saw someone with an alcoholic slushie. I stopped her, “where did you get that?” She told me and we were on our way. I saw the $8 price tag and didn’t care, I wanted a Grey Goose slushie.

OMG, Y U M M Y!!! I wanted Bill to take a pic of me with it. HUH? Me, actually wanting a picture of myself, the booze must have been getting to my brain fast. I was acting goofy, very goofy when Bill took this:

As I was sitting there, I had to take a picture of Morocco. Yes, you see it, if anyone has read Jordan’s trip report, you will understand. I will not say the word, but you know what I was thinking when I took it. I was not being offensive, I was not being mean, I just wanted a picture of Morocco .

We went to Morocco, I think all the countries are beautiful and I love the architecture here.

Bill said he was getting a little hungry, so I decided to see if we could check in 30 minutes early.

We were seated right away. Bill got a coke and I got Mint Green tea.

He ordered the Beef Kebabs:

I got the Lemon Chicken:

He really liked the Kebabs, the chicken was fine.

The theming was wonderful. Bill liked the belly dancer.

We ordered dessert. Bill got the Moroccan Symphony (Assorted pastires) and I got the Bastilla. Bill and I laughed when the desserts came out. The Bastilla was huge and Bill’s dessert was these 3 little pieces of pastries.

Then the musicians came back out. The next thing we know our waiter is next to us and they are singing “Happy Birthday”, the waiter put his hat on Bill’s head:

Then the belly dancer came out and danced again.

We had a great time. We aren’t planning on going back anytime soon, but we are glad we went.

Next installment…what did we do next?
Old 06-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #39
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Gorgeous photos, all the flowers look lovely and Bill liked the belly dancer huh

With the fence at Epcot, I think but maybe wrong, that at busier times of year/day they have a big bag check area and the fences guide you through them rather than the bag checks at the turnstiles
Old 06-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #40
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Yup. Bill has the same look on his face that my husband did when he saw the belly dancer.
What the heck is the white sauce on your dessert? It looks so good!!!

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 06-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #41
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

I'm glad Bill "enjoyed" the belly dancer!

Great pics around Epcot!

And I was told to try one of those Grey Goose slushies. Next trip!!! It's OOOOOONNNNN!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #42
SaratogaShan
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures!........Especially the one of YOU! You look so happy.

We will have to eat at Marrakesh in the future. Sooner rather than later if my husband realizes there are belly dancers there.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Shan

Old 06-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #43
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
What are your dates again in October? I would love to get to meet you if we could.
Tracy - we will be at POP from 10/15 - 10/19. I really hope we can meet!

Great update! Love the term "epicot" - now you've got me saying it!

It is nice to see the pictures of how accessible WDW world is for Bill - that looks like a really cool clamshell that you guys got to ride in during Nemo.

I always forget about the dolphins in there - can't believe I've never seen them all these years.

You look so happy in that picture with the slushie! I guess I would be too - lol. I have yet to try that drink but it is on the list for our girls trip in December.

Love the peeps pic from Morocco too!

Great job Tracy - just love your reports!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #44
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Gorgeous photos, all the flowers look lovely and Bill liked the belly dancer huh

With the fence at Epcot, I think but maybe wrong, that at busier times of year/day they have a big bag check area and the fences guide you through them rather than the bag checks at the turnstiles
Hi Jo! I loved looking at all the flowers. We seem to not spend time just looking around the world showcase. We hope to changed that in October.

Bill enjoyed watching the belly dancer .

Makes sense about the fence, it just looked odd to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
Yup. Bill has the same look on his face that my husband did when he saw the belly dancer.
What the heck is the white sauce on your dessert? It looks so good!!!
Hi!! Most men had that look on their face . I have no idea what the white sauce was, it wasn't a very flavorful dessert, but the mint green tea might have thrown my taste buds off .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
I'm glad Bill "enjoyed" the belly dancer!

Hi!! I am glad he liked it too, that restaurant has a great atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
Great pics around Epcot!

And I was told to try one of those Grey Goose slushies. Next trip!!! It's OOOOOONNNNN!
I seem to go pictures crazy on vacation. I loved the Grey Goose slushie, although I am going to try the Grand Marnier slushie next trip!!

Quote:
Beautiful pictures!........Especially the one of YOU! You look so happy.

Hi Shan! Thanks for the compliments, you should have seen how happy I looked after I drank that slushie .

Quote:

We will have to eat at Marrakesh in the future. Sooner rather than later if my husband realizes there are belly dancers there.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Shan
The belly dancer does make for a unique experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Tracy - we will be at POP from 10/15 - 10/19. I really hope we can meet!

Hi Michelle! We are scheduled right now the 19th - 27th, but I am adding the 18th. I hope we can meet too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post

Great update! Love the term "epicot" - now you've got me saying it!

It is nice to see the pictures of how accessible WDW world is for Bill - that looks like a really cool clamshell that you guys got to ride in during Nemo.

I always forget about the dolphins in there - can't believe I've never seen them all these years.

You look so happy in that picture with the slushie! I guess I would be too - lol. I have yet to try that drink but it is on the list for our girls trip in December.

Love the peeps pic from Morocco too!

Great job Tracy - just love your reports!
Disney is one of the most accessible places there is. It makes me so happy that he can ride all the things he can in the comfort of his wheelchair. The CM's were really accomodating when I was taking pictures of the accessiblity.

The dolphin training was a "must do" for us this time, I am so glad we did it.

I think you will enjoy the slushie .

I am glad I took that picture in Morocco. I adore Jordan and it just kept running through my head to do that. After I did, I didn't think about doing it again.

Thank you everyone for reading.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #45
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Great update Tracy! EPCOT is really pretty in the spring early summer, the pictures were great. Can't wait to see what was next.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: