Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #16
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
I am signing on!
Hi Goofyluver, thanks for joining us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieannie View Post
Subbing Tracy!
Hi Carrieannie!! Long time no see, I am soooo glad you found me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Tracy! I'm along for another great ride too! Off to a good start - can't wait for more!! Amy
Hi Amy, Thanks for posting. I hope you enjoy!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #17
mrsksomeday

# 2 Nashville Airport, where the heck is it? Part 1

The hotel did not have a wheelchair accessible shuttle. All the flight park places around Nashville didn’t have a wheelchair accessible shuttle either, I called them. Only one said they would have us drive to their location, have one of their employees drive us in our van to the airport then take the van back to their location, then we would call them to pick us up. That didn’t sit well with me. We needed the van to get home, what if one of their employees did something to it? I had that scene from Ferris Bueller running through my head where the parking attendant guy took off in the car . I decided to brave finding the airport and parking myself.

It was ridiculously easy. The airport was 1.03 miles from the hotel. Parking was easy and it was only a short walk, we didn’t need the airport’s shuttle. TSA again treated Bill like he was up to something, he got felt up and I think he liked it . We boarded first as usual. I always watch for the wheelchair to be loaded. It just puts my mind at ease to physically see it put in the plane. Here are the pics I took as they were loading it.

I thought it was a great idea for them to use that piece of equipment instead of trying to lift the chair . We landed 9:25am Florida time, had the wheelchair by 9:40am and were on our way to the monorail imposter.

Pretty fountain at the airport:

Look something to let us know that Disney World is near:

I checked in at the Magical Express counter. I felt bad for the lady, she was saying her spiel, I know she has to tell us the procedures, but I found myself saying “I know, I know”. Then she asked how many times we had been there, once I told her she said “you could probably tell me what I am supposed to say next”. I smiled and said “yes, I think I could”, we both laughed. She told us to be seated at the benches in front of the lines for ME and we saw this:

NO PEOPLE!!

It was fantastic!! That is the difference from going on Friday instead of Saturday. It took about 30 minutes to get an accessible bus.

We got to Pop and both of us couldn’t stop smiling.

The line was long, but moved fairly quickly. I talked to a first timer that was leaving that day while we were waiting. She was asking me about the weather later in the year, I told her about the lovely times we had in November. She was really nice.

It was our turn and our room wasn’t ready, but we did have a package. It was one of the pins that Bill had purchased from Ebay. He had asked the guy to drop it off there:

We were starving so we went to the Everything Pop food court. See the craziness behind Bill:

Bill got the Parmesan Crusted Chicken Penne Alfredo w/Breadstick and I got the Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Mixed Greens.

The station with the Caesar salad was closed for some reason at the time we were there that day . Bill got tie dye cheesecake and I got a fruit cup. I knew Bill would want to eat outside so we went to a table. Then it started. I had trouble with birds on our last trip and it started early this time:

I said that’s it, we are going inside, besides I wanted to be in the air conditioning for as long as I could because I knew I wouldn’t be around it much for the next three days. We ate. I don’t know what they had on the mixed greens, but I wasn’t taking my chances. I peeled the parmesan crust off my chicken, people probably thought I was nuts and while I was eating it, I tried the fruit cup. It was fantastic, everything was so fresh and flavorful. I really enjoyed it. Bill was eating, I was done and decided to call the room at 12:40pm.

The room was ready!! 50’s building first floor as requested - room 3103.

Continued in next post...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #18
mrsksomeday

# 2 Nashville Airport, where the heck is it? Part 2

We had Pop mojo, I kept thinking about Jordan while I was at Pop and the word “mojo”. I bet I drove Bill crazy with that word, but I couldn’t help it. We had the mojo going on and it continued when I opened the door to the room:

Our luggage was already there, I was thrilled. I put things up and was very happy. The only other request I had was a shower bench, yes there is a pull down bench in the roll in shower rooms, but Bill needs more support and something to hold on to, so we always get a shower bench brought to the room. It didn’t come so I called and they said they would send one right out. This is the pull down bench:

The guy came and put it in the bathroom. Bill was talking to me so I didn’t pay much attention, until I went to the bathroom, I started laughing and couldn’t quit. I saw this:

Now I don’t know if you can tell or not, but that is very short, little enough for a child. Too small for Bill, so I got back on the phone (after I took a picture of it) and told them the mix up, they came right back with an adult size bench and all was well.

Bill and I were both eyeing the “future visit promotion” we had in the room. He asked me to get a price, but we were on hold for a long time. I didn’t want to spend my first day waiting, so I hung up.

Our original plan was to go to DHS to check out Star Wars Weekend, go to Fantasmic that night, and go back in the morning. Bill suggested we try to move the 50’s Prime Time Café ressie until the next day and just go to Epcot that night. I called, got the ressie moved and we decided to wing it for dinner.

We left the room after I put the window clings up and took a picture, I didn't notice until yesterday that you can see my reflection:

We went to the bus stop. I had to take more pictures:

I noticed how much better I felt health wise with the weight I had already lost. I found myself many times on this trip having to wait for Bill to catch up with me. I was on a mission, I had places to go, and I didn’t want to get there slowly :lol:

Next installment…how long do we have to wait for this bus?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #19
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Sounds like you should fly out of Nashville from now on.....you seemed so less stressed this time!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #20
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Sounds like you should fly out of Nashville from now on.....you seemed so less stressed this time!
You are so right, I wasn't stressed. Bill still likes going out of St. Louis, we are home in about 90 minutes instead of 3 hours, so we will see. It is usually cheaper to go out of Nashville and I love that mall down there.

I am thinking about trying a cheaper hotel in St. Louis and just driving to the airport like I did in Nashville. I was looking at the St. Louis airport website last night and even if we park at one of the cheaper lots farther away from the airport, the shuttles are wheelchair accessible .
Old 06-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #21
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Glad there were no DME lift issues on this trip.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 06-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #22
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Glad there were no DME lift issues on this trip.
The trip just started didn't it ?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #23
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Great update and great pop pics!

Just wanted to introduce myself:

I'm Jen...Goofyluver...and mom to Jon, who is 12 and is neurologically impaired. And...I found your TR...and you seem so inspiring...that I just had to read!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #24
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
Great update and great pop pics!

Just wanted to introduce myself:

I'm Jen...Goofyluver...and mom to Jon, who is 12 and is neurologically impaired. And...I found your TR...and you seem so inspiring...that I just had to read!
Hi Jen, I am reading about you, Jon, your Motha, and Lexie as we speak. It is a great PT/TR and I am having so much fun reading it. I will reply to it when I get all caught up. You are hilarious.

Thank you for your sweet words.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #25
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Sounds like this part of the trip is off to a GREAT start! You definitely had the "POP mojo" going!!

Too funny about the kiddie-size shower chair.

What are the window clings you put up on your window? I couldn't quite make out what they said...

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 06-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #26
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Great update Tracy - definately had the 'mojo' going for you!

The parmesan crusted chicken is my favorite dish at Pop - loved the pictures - now I am hungry!

The POP pics were great too - now I am really itching to go back.

Congrats again on the weight-loss. I'm glad you could sense a difference in your energy level at WDW - great motivation to keep going! Great job!

Can't wait for more!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #27
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Sounds like this part of the trip is off to a GREAT start! You definitely had the "POP mojo" going!!

Too funny about the kiddie-size shower chair.

What are the window clings you put up on your window? I couldn't quite make out what they said...
It was a great start, it made me really happy. The shower chair really cracked me up, I made Bill come look at it in there.

Here is a copy of one of the window clings, I didn't notice until after I posted they were hard to read:

The other one is for a Disney board that I am a co administrator at and I don't want to get into trouble by posting the picture where you can see the link, but if they want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Great update Tracy - definately had the 'mojo' going for you!

The parmesan crusted chicken is my favorite dish at Pop - loved the pictures - now I am hungry!

The POP pics were great too - now I am really itching to go back.

Congrats again on the weight-loss. I'm glad you could sense a difference in your energy level at WDW - great motivation to keep going! Great job!

Can't wait for more!
Hi Michelle. I really liked the chicken. It makes me want to go back when I see the pictures too. Thanks about the weight loss comments, it really did help this trip and I know I will have lost more by October.

What are your dates again in October? I would love to get to meet you if we could.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #28
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

It must be a great relief to see the chair get put onto the plane, it would be bad to lose luggage but horrendous to lose Bills chair!

Looks like you scored a great room and so funny about the shower chair

It's fantastic that you can feel the difference with the weightloss, well done
Old 06-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #29
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Hi Jen, I am reading about you, Jon, your Motha, and Lexie as we speak. It is a great PT/TR and I am having so much fun reading it. I will reply to it when I get all caught up. You are hilarious.

Thank you for your sweet words.
Your welcome! And thanks so much for your words!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #30
team weasel
Buddy of Buzz

Great Update Tracy!

And that is a freakin' awesome Donald Sith pin! Reading your report makes me soooo ready to go back. Not that I need any help with that.

86 days and counting for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: