Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #151
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Bummer on the benefits part......

Hey you're basically married anyways.....
You are right about the bummer and being basically married. I am great at being a nagging wife .
Old 07-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #152
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I loved the sentance about being Bill's Princess, I think it suits you
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #153
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the shout out Tracy!! Bills hug was great!! Tell him thanks!
I already replied to this installment elsewhere! maybe I`ll do every other...

Old 07-07-2008, 05:38 AM   #154
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I thought I already posted, but it doesn't seem to be here...

Great updates! I love the tile mosaics under the castle - I've never had a chance to look at them before my April trip.

Bill - Glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are feeling pretty good.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #155
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

I am glad Bill did so well with his surgery. I was away all weekend and just got caught up on your Trippie! Looks like a great day in MK and I love the picture of Bill and the Big Bad Wolf. You pictures of the fireworks came out good.

Hope you had a great 4th!
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 07-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #156
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Great pictures and installment. Glad he's doing well! Is it just me, or does Bill's "wild thing" arm look like it's trying to behave around Ariel.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 07-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #157
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Hey Tracy. Somehow I lost your link to your PTR and the link to this in your siggie was just bringing me back to your other TR so I searched your name and VOILA!!! I'm here!!!

I know this makes both you and Bill so happy that you just jumped for joy and Bill cut some wheelies for me!!! Thank you Bill I know you got our back!!!

I've missed ya'll and been wondering how ya'll were! I am so glad I am finally back online and catch up!!!

I thought of Bill and his post to me that time about how his parents helped him do things e wanted as he grew up and we are so excited. We found Braeton a twist car for his Birthday. He wants to ride a bike so bad but he cannot pedal believe me we have tried a gazillion ways and things. Anyway it's a car that doesn't use pedals or a motor you twist the steering wheel right left, right, left and it goes! It's just awesome and it helps work on his Balance. It holds up to over 200 lbs so Yep I have crawled up on it and down the street I went. My knees were up to my chin but it was SOOOO fun! Anyway Braeton is so proud of his car bike as he calls it!

I have just started reading this but I will catch up. Bill looks great and the pics of him at the car wash had me cracking up!!! I will NOT let Braeton see that or he will really want to try it!!
Tracy you look great! I saw your pic at the end of your PTR!! Way to Go!! Although you were beautifull before, I am so glad that you are happy and feeling good!!
Sorry to take over, it's just been so long since I got to catch up with you guys!! I think of ya'll lots and I am going to try to catch up tonight because I have got to see if Bill has had his surgery yet or not. I can't remember the dates!!
TTYL!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #158
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I loved the sentance about being Bill's Princess, I think it suits you
Hi Jo, thank you, it made me all smiles and giggles when she said it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieannie View Post
Thanks for the shout out Tracy!! Bills hug was great!! Tell him thanks!
I already replied to this installment elsewhere! maybe I`ll do every other...
Hi, I saw that chicken and said "I have to take a picture for Ed". Bill said your welcome. Thanks for replying both places .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I thought I already posted, but it doesn't seem to be here...

Great updates! I love the tile mosaics under the castle - I've never had a chance to look at them before my April trip.

Bill - Glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are feeling pretty good.
Hi Amy, I love mosaics too. Bill is feeling wonderful, he is going back to work tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
I am glad Bill did so well with his surgery. I was away all weekend and just got caught up on your Trippie! Looks like a great day in MK and I love the picture of Bill and the Big Bad Wolf. You pictures of the fireworks came out good.

Hope you had a great 4th!
I love the interaction he gets at Spectro. I am really trying to get better with the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Great pictures and installment. Glad he's doing well! Is it just me, or does Bill's "wild thing" arm look like it's trying to behave around Ariel.
Hi Hedy, you are so right about Bill's arm, he usually tries to keep it under control around the characters .
Old 07-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #159
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
Hey Tracy. Somehow I lost your link to your PTR and the link to this in your siggie was just bringing me back to your other TR so I searched your name and VOILA!!! I'm here!!!

I know this makes both you and Bill so happy that you just jumped for joy and Bill cut some wheelies for me!!! Thank you Bill I know you got our back!!!

I've missed ya'll and been wondering how ya'll were! I am so glad I am finally back online and catch up!!!

I thought of Bill and his post to me that time about how his parents helped him do things e wanted as he grew up and we are so excited. We found Braeton a twist car for his Birthday. He wants to ride a bike so bad but he cannot pedal believe me we have tried a gazillion ways and things. Anyway it's a car that doesn't use pedals or a motor you twist the steering wheel right left, right, left and it goes! It's just awesome and it helps work on his Balance. It holds up to over 200 lbs so Yep I have crawled up on it and down the street I went. My knees were up to my chin but it was SOOOO fun! Anyway Braeton is so proud of his car bike as he calls it!

I have just started reading this but I will catch up. Bill looks great and the pics of him at the car wash had me cracking up!!! I will NOT let Braeton see that or he will really want to try it!!
Tracy you look great! I saw your pic at the end of your PTR!! Way to Go!! Although you were beautifull before, I am so glad that you are happy and feeling good!!
Sorry to take over, it's just been so long since I got to catch up with you guys!! I think of ya'll lots and I am going to try to catch up tonight because I have got to see if Bill has had his surgery yet or not. I can't remember the dates!!
TTYL!
LEELEE!!! I am so happy to see you . You and your family are in my thoughts daily. Thank you so much for telling me about the link, I didn't know it was messed up. I think I have it fixed now that the TR is almost over .

I have never heard of twist cars before. I am so happy Braeton has that. Please post a pic of it here or on your TR, I would love to see it.

Thanks for the compliments. I am really trying. You didn't take over, I love hearing from you.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #160
mrsksomeday

#11 Now it’s time to say goodbye…

We were up at 9am, packed and out the door by 10:30am. We went to the food court, Bill wanted pancakes with topping, sorry I cut them up before taking the picture:

I got a yogurt parfait and a fruit cup.

I was not fond of the yogurt parfait at all, so I just ate the fruit cup. It was as great as the first one. We are sitting there and Bill says, “I think we can swing coming back to Super Soap Weekend, can you see how much a room only is?” I looked at him like his was nuts for about 10 seconds then I was getting the phone out of the backpack. Disney is my crack, I admit it. So 17 days after we get back from our October trip we scheduled Disney again for 5 days 4 nights. Only 3 nights were available for the bounce back so we will be adding one more day. The November trip would not have the dining. We would do counter services and one or two table services thrown in there. So in 2 days I booked two trips.

Yes, we are crazy, no we aren’t going to change.

We decided to go wait outside for our Magical Express bus, someone was getting flowers:

A bus arrived promptly at 12:45pm, one of the Cruise busses:

The driver said he wasn’t informed he had a special needs passenger. It was noted on our reservation, I don’t know why he didn’t know it. It took him 15 minutes to load Bill.

We got to MCO and the security line went fast, they let me go with Bill through the process. When we went to check the wheelchair, we were told our 3:55 flight was delayed until 4:10pm. Not a big deal at all. We got Bill’s gummy bears and went to sit down. We got to see a huge thunderstorm come through and 4:10 came and went. Our plane was coming from Rhode Island and got diverted to Jacksonville, FL.

It was before 3:30pm and it looked like this. Where is the Florida sunshine?

It finally showed up and we took off at 6:10pm. It was an uneventful flight, we slept though most of it. It was really easy finding baggage claim in Nashville and we even found the van on the first try. It was also very easy to get out of the airport parking lot and on our way. We got home around 11pm. We both got on the computer, LOL and then went to bed.

I took Bill to work at 9am and picked up Ace at 9:30am. He was wiggling so much they couldn’t get the collar on him, I had to do it. We got home he grabbed a toy played with it for about 10 minutes then did this:

Then he sighed, moaned, and changed positions:

There was a ton of dog hair on the couch when I took that picture wasn't there? Please excuse it. He is a shedder no matter what we do, we love him so we put up with it.

We were back in Illinois and life went on, just counting the days until we are “home” again. For the record right now it is 101 .

Epilogue:

We decided not to keep the November trip. There was a little thing called “family obligations” to consider and my sanity too. So we are going back in March for ESPN weekend and then SWW again . Am I trying to make myself completely sick of DHS or what?

Bill’s parents have spent almost a year and a ton of money building their vacation/rental home and his Mom is chomping at the bit to have us come there. They have even installed an elevator so that Bill can go between the two floors without having to go outside an up the sidewalk. Here is a picture of what it looked like so far in May:

It was decided when they were here for Bill’s surgery that we would go to Sevierville, TN in either August or September. They also want us there for Christmas. This means right now we have scheduled:
  • August 31st : WWE wrestling Super Show (Ugh, what I do for my man) staying the night up in St. Louis
  • August or September: Visiting his parents at their vacation home in Tennessee
  • October 17th – 27th: The 17th is to stay all night to take the first flight out of St. Louis to go to DISNEY WORLD for Ip-Dip and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
  • December (not sure of the date yet): Visiting his parents at their vacation home in Tennessee for Christmas for a week probably
Each one of these trips require our sweet little Acey to be boarded, they need a frequent boarder plan, we could sure use it this fall. I don’t know about any of you, but we don’t have money trees here, so unless:
  • The price of gas went down
  • I won the lottery (which I never play)
  • Disney released some amazing room/dining and/or AP codes
  • OR a miracle happened
We had to let the November trip go. The plans had to change. No matter what we will be at Disney in October using those wonderful AP’s. We are currently working on a friend to get her to go with us. She has never been to Disney, really wants to go and she could help me transfer Bill onto rides that I couldn’t transfer him on myself. We will see. She has confirmed as of today that she is going. I have redone all the ADR’s so she better go or I will have a heart attack.

Thank you all one last time for reading my crazy ramblings. Until we meet again take care.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #161
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

I'll keep my finger crossed for a dream for an extra trip. ((cough maybe you should just get DVC cough )).

As always, see you real soon and best wishes.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 07-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #162
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! You have your calendar full woman!!!! Bill's parents vacation home is awesome!!!! Christmas there would be just dreamy.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #163
DisneyFun08
Mouseketeer

Great Trip Report! I loved "getting to know" you and Bill! Will definitely look for your next one!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #164
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Bill is feeling wonderful, he is going back to work tomorrow.
WOW!!! It's wonderful that Bill's feeling well enough to go back to work already!

Quote:

I took Bill to work at 9am and picked up Ace at 9:30am. He was wiggling so much they couldn’t get the collar on him, I had to do it. We got home he grabbed a toy played with it for about 10 minutes then did this:

Then he sighed, moaned, and changed positions:

Awwww. Poor tired puppy. Bet he was happy to have you guys home.

Quote:
Bill’s parents have spent almost a year and a ton of money building their vacation/rental home and his Mom is chomping at the bit to have us come there. They have even installed an elevator so that Bill can go between the two floors without having to go outside an up the sidewalk. Here is a picture of what it looked like so far in May:

OMG!! That place is beautiful!!!!! Then again, I love that part of the country. If I had my choice, I'd live there. Right next to Bill's parents! The only problem with a gorgeous house like that -- it usually comes with a horrendous road up to it. You gotta get to the top of the mountain somehow, to get those spectacular views.

That house also looks a lot like one my BIL helped build. That's what he does in North Carolina. This one was being built in August 2003...

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 07-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #165
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Oh WOW Tracy!!! Your TR has made me WANNA GO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really bad!! You are such a great writer!

I have sat here and read it all while I need to be getting my clothes ready and geting my self to bed but thats o.k. I can dream about ya'lls trip and HOPEFULLY ours (Please God Please!!! we want to take the honeymoon we never had Aug 09 at DHs best friends wedding at the World!!!!!!!) tommorrow while I wait instead of worring right?
Speaking of Surgery. I am so glad Bill is doing better!!!!
And Oh My Bills parents vac home is GAH JUSS!! That is BEEE UUUU TEEE FULL!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: