Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #136
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Bill's parents were really touched when I told them about all of the thoughts and prayers coming Bill's way. He is feeling a lot better, he has not had any pain meds besides advil since 8:30 last night, and is currently up in his wheelchair online .
That is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #137
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

I hoping for lots of rain in our Feb trip.

DLR: To many times to count!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #138
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

Tracy, So glad to hear that Bill did great with the surgery! Embarrased to admit that I completly forgot about it! Give him a big hug from Ed!!!

I`m glad you stayed during the rain. We liked the Tiki Birds! it was cute, but then again it was pouring when we went in also..I think you stayed longer!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #139
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great afternoon in the Magic Kingdom even with the rain! We spent a morning at MK in the pouring rain once and had a blast. We were drenched but the park was empty and we made the best of it.

Glad to hear how well Bill is doing. I hope you both have a fabulous 4th of July!!
Old 07-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #140
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Glad Bill is doing well and not a ton of meds....

God answers prayer for sure.

Glad you got to ride HM....

Yes, the Enchanted Tiki Room........I usually skip this attraction, but isn't good to see everything once just so you can give an opinion when someone asks?

Hope you're having a great 4th Tracy and Bill!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #141
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
That is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!
Thanks, I think it is too. He was up most of the day yesterday and we went out on our balcony and watched the city's fireworks. It was horrible compared to Disney, but then again they have a wee bit more money to spend on them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieannie View Post
Tracy, So glad to hear that Bill did great with the surgery! Embarrased to admit that I completly forgot about it! Give him a big hug from Ed!!!

I`m glad you stayed during the rain. We liked the Tiki Birds! it was cute, but then again it was pouring when we went in also..I think you stayed longer!
Ed, its ok, he said to give you a hug back . I am glad we did go to the Tiki Birds at least once. Make sure to check out the next installment, I gave you a shout out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Looks like a great afternoon in the Magic Kingdom even with the rain! We spent a morning at MK in the pouring rain once and had a blast. We were drenched but the park was empty and we made the best of it.

Glad to hear how well Bill is doing. I hope you both have a fabulous 4th of July!!
Why not make the best of it, you are in Disney!! Thank you so much, I hope you had a great 4th too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Glad Bill is doing well and not a ton of meds....

God answers prayer for sure.

Glad you got to ride HM....

Yes, the Enchanted Tiki Room........I usually skip this attraction, but isn't good to see everything once just so you can give an opinion when someone asks?

Hope you're having a great 4th Tracy and Bill!!!!
Bill is doing great. Yes, God does, we are very blessed. I am glad we rode HM too, we will be riding it again. There wasn't hardly anyone in the queue that day, I should have asked it we could ride again. I hope you had a great 4th.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #142
mrsksomeday

#10 Fantasyland time!

A hurricane would have to come through to get us to leave. We exited Haunted Mansion and it was just sprinkling. It was Fantasyland time, where to go now? I want to hear “It’s a Small World After All” 5000 times, yes I do. It was a walk on again. Thank you rain. Bill and I thought it was cute. Why did I take many pictures here? Please explain it to me?

Wheelchair accessible Small World Boat:

I will only torture you with a couple of the billion pictures I took while on the ride:

Look Ed, a chicken, I took that just for you!!

We then watched Donald Duck mess up Mickey’s Philharmagic. We always try to see this show, we think it is so cute and I love watching people reach out trying to touch the characters. Next up – Pooh!! We decided to walk by the castle first, by the time we got over by Winnie I remembered we were close to Ariel’s Grotto. Bill needed to see her too, I had a scrapbook page with Ariel and needed some pics. I like the spongy flooring they have over there, it was fun to walk across.

The character handler CM that was at the back of the line wished Bill a Happy Birthday. Ariel would only be there for about 30 more minutes, but the line didn’t look too long and it was moving. So we went in line, we were there about 3 minutes when the handler came over to us and said “follow me”. We looked at the other people around us thinking she was talking to them. She giggled and said “no, you two”. We looked back at her, she said “you aren’t in trouble, follow me”. I told her we had no problem waiting in line and she said “let me do this for you”. She opened a gate and we went with her. She took us though the part where the kids play in the water and we ended up at the exit for Ariel’s Grotto.

So Bill got to meet Ariel, she told him to take care of his princess, and I took pictures.

(I just realized on the trip no one thought I was his mom or his caregiver, I have moved up to "his princess" status - YAY!!)

I felt bad about them pulling us from the line. The handler assured me everyone that was in line was going to see Ariel before she left for the day. Now it was time for Winnie the Pooh, I had read that they had an accessible ride vehicle. We got there and the ride was broken down, no Pooh for us!!

We walked through the castle and I took pictures of the murals. I wonder how long it took them to do that? It was beautiful and I want to go back there and spend more time just staring at them.

We decided to find a quiet place and call Bill’s dad for Father’s Day. We went to the benches right outside the first aid station.

It was time to go to Tomorrowland. We wanted to do Buzz Lightyear, it was only a 20 minute wait (I really think it was shorter than that). We went to get in line and the CM told us to go through the Fast Pass lane to get to the wheelchair loading. There was no one in the FP lane and in a minute we were at the front of the line. I took off Bill’s tray and his foot rests, but it was still a tight fit. His joystick was the problem, but they squished him in there, lol. We had fun again, laughing and trying to hit the targets, we are both horrible at it, but that doesn’t matter. The ride was over and the CM said, “no one is waiting for the WC car, do you want to do again?” YES, we said. We didn’t do any better that time, we admit it we are awful at it. We talk too much and giggle to much to be serious about scoring.

It was almost 9pm at this point and we went to get our Extra Magic Hours bracelets, then we went to Cosmic Ray’s. Bill got chicken strips and I got a grilled chicken sandwich, can you believe I didn’t take a picture ? Me either. We stopped by Star Traders to get some stamps and then made our way to Main Street to see Wishes. I could watch this every night and never get sick of it. I love this show. One of my favorite parts is to see the kids pointing and saying “Tinkerbell” when she is flying out of the castle. Here is my attempt at taking fireworks pictures.

This one is my favorite:

We made our way through the crowd to Liberty Square to get ready for the second Spectromagic of the night. We were the only ones in that wheelchair section until about 5 minutes before the parade. This is one of Bill’s favorite things at MK.

Doesn't Bill look scared that the Big Bad Wolf might eat him?? Did I try to protect my man? Heck no, I had to take a picture!

Mary Poppins telling Bill Happy Birthday:

I tried to get one last picture of the castle:

We decided that we had done enough this day. On the way out I saw this bus:

I had never seen this before, have you? Sorry the pictures is blurry, but I just was surprised to see it.

We made our way back to the Pop bus area. There weren’t too many people there and we were on a bus in no time. We felt so sad, the trip was much too short.

Next installment…Leaving our happy place
Old 07-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #143
jkCT
DIS Veteran

Tracy, awesome installment! The one thing we didn't get to do on our last trip (first trip for the kids) was the parades/fireworks. I can't wait to go again and see them! My younger daughter and I rode that double decker bus up to the castle one day...I remember the cool horn and a very cheerful driver that said hello to everyone! Thanks for bringing back that memory!

Jen
Old 07-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #144
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Tracy - another wonderful installment! You certainly are Bill's princess! You two are just so great together. I sure hope I can meet you both in October. Are you still staying at POP?

Can you belive I've never seen Wishes? Another thing for my must do list.

Love the Spectro pictures - that is one of my favorite things in all of the world. I always get teary eyed during that parade.

Great update - sad to know your trip is almost over.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #145
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkCT View Post
Tracy, awesome installment! The one thing we didn't get to do on our last trip (first trip for the kids) was the parades/fireworks. I can't wait to go again and see them! My younger daughter and I rode that double decker bus up to the castle one day...I remember the cool horn and a very cheerful driver that said hello to everyone! Thanks for bringing back that memory!

Jen
Thanks!! You will love the parades/fireworks, there is just so much to see, it can be a little overwhelming. That is great that you got to ride that bus, I am so happy I could help bring back that memory for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Tracy - another wonderful installment! You certainly are Bill's princess! You two are just so great together. I sure hope I can meet you both in October. Are you still staying at POP?

Can you belive I've never seen Wishes? Another thing for my must do list.

Love the Spectro pictures - that is one of my favorite things in all of the world. I always get teary eyed during that parade.

Great update - sad to know your trip is almost over.
Thanks Michelle!! I hope we can meet you too, we will be at Pop October 18th - 27th. You must see Wishes, between the music, Jiminy Cricket talking, and the fireworks I get all misty eyed and get goosebumps. The first time I saw it tears came down my cheeks. I couldn't believe my reaction. I guess it was because it made it real to me that I was actually there. I love Wishes .
Old 07-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #146
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

The mojo was good that day!!!! well, except for Pooh....

Your nighttime castle pix with the fireworks came out awesome!!!

Thank you for sparing us the Small World Pictures, but I wouldn't have minded seeing them all.....So post away...

It sounds like you had a great trip!!!!

And not being his mother or caregiver may mean it's time to get married.....
Old 07-05-2008, 03:45 PM   #147
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Great installment! Sounds like a little rain made for a great evening at Magic Kingdom. I love your fireworks pictures. I'm going to practice taking fireworks pictures tonight. A town closeby is having their Fireman's Carnival this weekend, and are doing their fireworks tonight. I've never taken pictures of fireworks, and my camera (a Canon Powershot S2) has a special setting for fireworks.

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 07-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #148
Baloo

Laughter is the bloom
of a happy heart
Italian pixie
**WARNING**
Wand is a wooden spoon!

YAY! More trip report!!

Love your castle pictures...they're beautiful!

Glad to hear Bill is doing so well...continues prayers for his reovery!

Old 07-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #149
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
The mojo was good that day!!!! well, except for Pooh....

Your nighttime castle pix with the fireworks came out awesome!!!

Thank you for sparing us the Small World Pictures, but I wouldn't have minded seeing them all.....So post away...

It sounds like you had a great trip!!!!

And not being his mother or caregiver may mean it's time to get married.....
The mojo was fantastic, but I knew at some point it would have to slow down . The fireworks pix came out better than I thought they would. We had a fantastic trip.

As for the married part, it would mess up any medical benefits he is currently receiving. So for right now we are content being like one of Bill's fave rockers Gene Simmons - "happily unmarried".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Great installment! Sounds like a little rain made for a great evening at Magic Kingdom. I love your fireworks pictures. I'm going to practice taking fireworks pictures tonight. A town closeby is having their Fireman's Carnival this weekend, and are doing their fireworks tonight. I've never taken pictures of fireworks, and my camera (a Canon Powershot S2) has a special setting for fireworks.
Thanks Darla, have fun practicing your pictures. I kept changing the settings on my camera. When we go in October, I am promising myself to put the camera up during Wishes and just enjoy it this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
YAY! More trip report!!

Love your castle pictures...they're beautiful!

Glad to hear Bill is doing so well...continues prayers for his reovery!
Thank you, I could take pictures of the castle all day long . Thank you for the prayers.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #150
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Bummer on the benefits part......

Hey you're basically married anyways.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: