Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #16
Paul in CT
DIS Veteran

I have found the coffee at the signature restaurants (CG, Narcoossees, Flying Fish, etc.) to be very good. The Brown Derby's is excellent as well. Our servers have told us that they are allowed to use better coffee beans, not the standard Nescafe fare.

In fact, I have become so reliant on this experience that the two times it was not up to par at BD and FF, I asked the server if he could bring me another cup. Both times they brought me a fresh brewed cup. When you pay "big bucks" for a meal at one of these restaurants, the meal should not be ruined by a bad cup of coffee. I think they understand that, especially if they want a good tip.

When it comes to the food courts and counter service establishments for which coffee is not their specialty and which offer refillable mugs, Disney is not about to serve Starbucks. To be honest, IMHO, I do not think that Starbucks is favored by many of the folks who go to WDW anyway.

Paul in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #17
VonBaroketch
Mouseketeer

I took my own press pot and coffee (Boca Java) for my hotel room last time I stayed at the Contemporary. Besides Kona coffee at the Poly, you can also go to Starring Rolls at the Studios. They roast their beans fresh each morning. I think I had heard one time that other locations in the Studios (Writer's Stop?) would get their beans each morning from Starring Rolls, but I know that is not the case for all of the Stuios. Other than that, good luck!
VonBaroketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #18
lyndrajo3
Mouseketeer

Humm.. Sounds like I will have to take some flavored Splenda packets and flavored powdered creamers for my occasional "must have" pick me up around WDW.
here's another question sort of on topic...
How is the iced tea around the World? Is it brewed or instant from the fountain? Please tell me it is brewed Lipton. I GOTTA have iced tea. And also is the tea served at the restaurants? Is it southern SWEET tea or is it northern plain tea. I like mine plain. I guess I am a Yankee.
lyndrajo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #19
christygobar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXYankee View Post
I really need a good cup of coffee to start the day....so I pack my own coffee grounds and filters. I use the coffee maker in the room and I always get a good cup of joe!
That's exactly what I do. Much easier! I put a few servings in a plastic baggie with a plastic tablespoon and voila - no space taken up in my bag and my own tasty coffee If you can find Mini-Moos anywhere (or the equivalent) and pack them - even better!

Offsite stays
- 1986, 1991, 1993, 1997, 2000, 2009
POFQ - Oct 2005, Sept 2006, April 2013
Saratoga Springs - Jan 2008
AKL Villas - Jambo - Oct 2011

Me (35); DH (37); DD1 (3) DD2 (<1)
christygobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #20
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXYankee View Post
I really need a good cup of coffee to start the day....so I pack my own coffee grounds and filters. I use the coffee maker in the room and I always get a good cup of joe!
I do this too. I also have the OL (owners locker) and am seriously considering getting an espresso machine to leave in it. We use an espresso machine at home for all of our coffee and really miss it when it traveling.

Like others have said, the signature restaurants have good coffee. We've had excellent press pots at several of them; Jiko's being our favorite.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: