Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
LitlbitWraps
Mouseketeer

AAA & Costco discount rate?

Does anyone know the AAA discount rate and / or the Costco rate for stayin at a good neighbor hotel from Aug 27 - Sept 1st? I am wondering if it is worth renewing my card for either to get a better rate on our stay. 2 adults, 1 child, 2 infants.
Also can you make the pmts through them like you do the disney hotel?
Thanks for your help -
I'm going crazy trying to plan!!
Want the best rate but want good stuff too like the meal plan or early entry and something Fun for the kids - like a hotel with a disney type theme but not one of the DLRH. YKWIM??
Help!!!!

WDW 6/03 DLR 4/06On Our Way 6 or 7 / 2013
WAHM 8/03 http://www.LitlbitWraps.com
LitlbitWraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
poohnpigletCA
DIS Veteran

I have not found AAA to have a much better discount. Costco puts the package together for you but it is not a big discount. I have used getawaytoday.com although they do have cancellation fees. Also mousesavers.com lists deals.
poohnpigletCA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
LitlbitWraps
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohnpigletCA View Post
I have not found AAA to have a much better discount. Costco puts the package together for you but it is not a big discount. I have used getawaytoday.com although they do have cancellation fees. Also mousesavers.com lists deals.
Thanks!
I requested a quote through getawaytoday but still havent heard back from them.
I will Check out mousesavers.com to see if I find anything else. I don't mind about clx fees - WE WILL NOT CLX

Old 06-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
poohnpigletCA
DIS Veteran

Hi, I just sent you an IM with a promo code. Well I hope I did. Not to good with the IM's.
poohnpigletCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
tlynk
DIS Veteran

I prefer Costco packages over AAA's. With Costco's package we got a $20 gift card and breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen.

With that said I save more money booking my trip separately. I usually buy discount Disney tickets through DH's work or AAA, and book a hotel using Hotwire or using my AAA discount. In addition, I have used my AAA card in the past and received a discount at Goofy's Kitchen. I hope this helps. Have fun whatever you decide to do.

DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
avalon451
Errrr... what?

Well, HoJo is listing their Entertainment rate discounts for the first two nights of your stay-- 27th and 28th. If there are still rooms available, you could get a deluxe park view room for $74 a night, or a standard room for $59 a night. They are very nice and not much farther than right across the street (7 minute walk, posters here say!). You could still get the DIS board discount for the last 2 nights of your stay, I think it is 15% off.

If you want to check it out, call the hotel directly and ask for IN HOUSE reservations, not the national reservation line, to ask about the Ent. rate. Lorealle is especially helpful.

Then you could get your park hoppers through GetAwayToday, which would give you two magic mornings instead of just one. Use discount code "podcast" and they will waive the $10. processing fee. Their tickets are just as cheap as through DL online.

avalon451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #7
LitlbitWraps
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon451 View Post
Well, HoJo is listing their Entertainment rate discounts for the first two nights of your stay-- 27th and 28th. If there are still rooms available, you could get a deluxe park view room for $74 a night, or a standard room for $59 a night. They are very nice and not much farther than right across the street (7 minute walk, posters here say!). You could still get the DIS board discount for the last 2 nights of your stay, I think it is 15% off.

If you want to check it out, call the hotel directly and ask for IN HOUSE reservations, not the national reservation line, to ask about the Ent. rate. Lorealle is especially helpful.

Then you could get your park hoppers through GetAwayToday, which would give you two magic mornings instead of just one. Use discount code "podcast" and they will waive the $10. processing fee. Their tickets are just as cheap as through DL online.

Ohh - Thank you! I will check out the total that way. I didn't know you could still get the MM with just the ticket purchase.
Thanks fo your help! I am learning sooo much from this group!

Old 06-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #8
ploeb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynk View Post
I prefer Costco packages over AAA's. With Costco's package we got a $20 gift card and breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen.

With that said I save more money booking my trip separately. I usually buy discount Disney tickets through DH's work or AAA, and book a hotel using Hotwire or using my AAA discount. In addition, I have used my AAA card in the past and received a discount at Goofy's Kitchen. I hope this helps. Have fun whatever you decide to do.
What AAA branch do you go to?? I tried to purchase tix thru them and was told that they dont do that, I received a $150.00 travel gift certificate from my Mom, and was told it MUST be used towards a trip-but like you said "cheaper to book separate !
ploeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
tlynk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploeb View Post
What AAA branch do you go to?? I tried to purchase tix thru them and was told that they dont do that, I received a $150.00 travel gift certificate from my Mom, and was told it MUST be used towards a trip-but like you said "cheaper to book separate !
I'm sending you a PM.

DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: