Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #106
baketank
Mouseketeer

First Timer

I just booked a 4 day, 3 night stay at the Yacht Club to add to my 6 day, 5 night stay at Old Key West for August. After going through this thread I am very excited about staying here. I have never been to either the Beach or Yacht Club, but have stayed once at the Boardwalk and it seems the location just cant be beat. I have a Water/Pool view hotel room booked and was wondering if there was any specific room that I should request etc from those of you who know the resort? Ideally I think we would want to be near the boat dock because we want to be able to get to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot early in the morning easier. If anyone has any suggestions for a first timer at the Yacht Club I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Love the thread.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #107
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baketank View Post
I just booked a 4 day, 3 night stay at the Yacht Club to add to my 6 day, 5 night stay at Old Key West for August. After going through this thread I am very excited about staying here. I have never been to either the Beach or Yacht Club, but have stayed once at the Boardwalk and it seems the location just cant be beat. I have a Water/Pool view hotel room booked and was wondering if there was any specific room that I should request etc from those of you who know the resort? Ideally I think we would want to be near the boat dock because we want to be able to get to both Hollywood Studios and Epcot early in the morning easier. If anyone has any suggestions for a first timer at the Yacht Club I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Love the thread.
Maybe just request near the boat dock or near the lobby as the rooms closest to the YC lobby are also closest to the dock.

But walking to Epcot is always faster than taking the boat. Once the boat leaves the Y&BC it goes to BW before Epcot.

Have fun!
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #108
baketank
Mouseketeer

Thank you BCV23. I will make that request then; I didnt realize it would be quicker to walk, but if that is the case than I would definately prefer to do that. I appreciate you help.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #109
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Thank you BCV23. I will make that request then; I didnt realize it would be quicker to walk, but if that is the case than I would definately prefer to do that. I appreciate you help.
You're welcome.

Will you be at YC or OKW first? We almost always do a split stay as well these days.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #110
baketank
Mouseketeer

We will be at the Yacht Club from Aug 19-Aug 22 and then we switch over to Old Key West from Aug 22-Aug 27. There will be four of us and one of those with me, it will be his first time at Disneyworld. I am excited about the Yacht Club because it seems like it is right in the middle of everything.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #111
ang38
A gift from the Yacht Club

And when you do walk, follow the path along the water. It's quicker and w/o hills! When you are walking towards Epcot you'll hit a barrier of some sort that makes it look like you can't go to the right, but that is so no bikes or surreys go that way not 2 footed people! It's a nice walk along the water. We did it every time we walked to EPcot.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #112
baketank
Mouseketeer

Ang38, that is good to know, thank you!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #113
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

ang38, thanks for the advice on the walking path. I'm not sure I'll walk, what the heck, I'm on vacation and I'm not rushing for anything (no kids with us for this trip).

I just want to say that I really appreciate all the advice I get here and other places on this DIS board. For the 180,000+ that are on this board, I have to really tip my hat. After my experience this morning getting my reservations for Epcot's CP dinner/show package, I really have to feel sorry for the thousands of others that just show up at WDW and expect that everything will just magically happen for them and that they will be able to do whatever they want to do, when they want to do it, where they want to do it and get the best room with the greatest view and all the amenities that they normally would expect from a five-star hotel. It just doesn't work that way, does it.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #114
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

I apparently took some pictures of Y&B on our last trip to WDW. We went to ESPN Club for lunch/dinner one day and I took some pictures while we were on the boat and the boardwalk. Since I just finished uploading all the pics over the weekend, I finally got to see what I had. Thought I'd share.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 06-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #115
ang38
A gift from the Yacht Club

We took the boat once from Epcot back to the YC and I wouldn't go back on after that. We sat inside and it was sooo hot I was dying! After that it was quicker and cooler to just walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
ang38, thanks for the advice on the walking path. I'm not sure I'll walk, what the heck, I'm on vacation and I'm not rushing for anything (no kids with us for this trip).

I just want to say that I really appreciate all the advice I get here and other places on this DIS board. For the 180,000+ that are on this board, I have to really tip my hat. After my experience this morning getting my reservations for Epcot's CP dinner/show package, I really have to feel sorry for the thousands of others that just show up at WDW and expect that everything will just magically happen for them and that they will be able to do whatever they want to do, when they want to do it, where they want to do it and get the best room with the greatest view and all the amenities that they normally would expect from a five-star hotel. It just doesn't work that way, does it.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #116
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang38 View Post
We took the boat once from Epcot back to the YC and I wouldn't go back on after that. We sat inside and it was sooo hot I was dying! After that it was quicker and cooler to just walk.
We took the boat over to the boardwalk for our lunch/dinner at ESPN last November. We didn't sit inside though. We sat out in the open area. It was nice. But we walked back. We were so stuffed, we needed to walk off some of it. We were surprised to find that the walk back was so quick. We had been expecting it to be longer.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 06-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #117
sls23
Mouseketeer

turn down service

Could someone please tell me if turn down service is only provided for club level or if all guests receive it?

Thanks.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #118
tete01830
Look at the lazy people in the lazy river...

Turn down service is automatic in Club Level and can be requested for anyone else! People have had mixed experiences. People seem to request it and housekeeping doesn't come every night. My suggestion is that you call daily to receive it nightly.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #119
JGRU102
Earning My Ears

subbing
Old 06-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #120
CruisingCamper
DIS Veteran

Just Curious? Why did the other thread have to be closed?

This is a great thread. I am looking very forward to our stay here in Sept?
2014- Disney's Saratoga Springs Feb
2013- Art of Animation Nov, Disney Fantasy Dec, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2012- Yacht Club Oct, Fort Wilderness April
2011- Fort Wilderness March, Beach Club Nov, Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec
2010- Fort Wilderness April
2009- Disney's Swan Aug, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2008- Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec, Caribbean Beach March
2006- Saratoga Springs Feb, Wilderness Lodge Jan
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: