Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #76
metalis4ever
Bringing Metal to Disney since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabean44 View Post
I wonder how long it will take for Disney to make the Black Metal ride?
That would be awesome!! BUt improbabale although we could hold out hope for a Black Caulderon ride which is the closest thing Disney has to Black Metal...

But imagine how awesome a Black Metal ride would be Disney could hire Immortal and put Mickey ears on them to meet the guests then the guests would enter a dark cave where they board a series of inverted cross roller coaster cars which go from 0 -80 in 6.66 seconds while of course the audio is King Diamond going eeeeyyyeeaaaahhhh segwaying straight into Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse by Dimmu Borgir as the sound track...along the tracks the guests would pass anamantronic versions of 1349, Emperor, and Marduk at a blistering speed of course..the ride would conclude by baralling through a partiticular building (if you listen to Black metal you know what I am refrencing)therby setting it ablaze. WHen you get off the ride you walk through a gift shop entitled "The Gods Rock and Roll" where you can buy official Disney pins of some of your favorite Black Metal Icons such as King Diamond, Dani Filth, Cronos, and Emperor Magnus Caligula.
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

metalis4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #77
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalis4ever View Post
But imagine how awesome a Black Metal ride would be Disney could hire Immortal and put Mickey ears on them to meet the guests
oooo! Speaking of Mickey ears- I would like to see THIS greet me!

I added the "Mickey Manson" to this pic

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #78
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Since I am in my Photobucket Manson album- I will post a few pics I took at the concert last year (8/2/2007 Camden NJ Manson w/ Slayer!)

I was sitting on the floor right behind the pit for Manson

......Me and DH
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #79
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabean44 View Post
I wonder how long it will take for Disney to make the Black Metal ride?
AND! Welcome to this thread too!!!!

Are you a metal fan???

......Me and DH
Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #80
Mayhem2008
Slipknot lovin' Maggot!

Hey Madd! I'm still haunting the place! Counting down the days till Mayhem and listening to the newest Knot...what a great summer! How are ya? I'll be hitting the road in a couple of weeks but till then I'll try to get in here more often...Take care!
Mayhem2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #81
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem2008 View Post
Hey Madd! I'm still haunting the place! Counting down the days till Mayhem and listening to the newest Knot...what a great summer! How are ya? I'll be hitting the road in a couple of weeks but till then I'll try to get in here more often...Take care!
OMG! That stinkin' little cat is making me PEE!

Love the pics in your siggy!

......Me and DH
Old 07-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #82
metalis4ever

Not a huge Manson fan but figured I'd add one

My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

Old 07-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #83
maddhatir

Quote:
Not a huge Manson fan but figured I'd add one

THERE they are.....My 2 guys!!!!

= goth smilie!

......Me and DH
Old 07-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #84
Mayhem2008
Slipknot lovin' Maggot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
OMG! That stinkin' little cat is making me PEE!

Love the pics in your siggy!
I love to put on "Snap" by Slipknot and watch him do his thing...cracks me right up!
Mayhem2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #85
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Other prog bands you may not have heard of but are worth checking out:
Elegy, Star One, Ayreon, Explorer's Club(James Labrie from Dream Theater), Mastodon (a band that is often overlooked by Brothers of True Metal such as ourselves).
Arjen's stuff is hit/miss for me. I like some of Ayreon's stuff, but I love Star One, especially the live CD/DVD. Dream Theater is one of my fav bands, so I've got most of the side project stuff, which is again hit or miss. I just saw Liquid Tension Experiment (Portnoy/Petrucci/Rudess/Levin) live at NEARfest which was incredible. I've only gotten in Mastodon within the last year or two, but I freakin' love 'em. While Blood Moutain is great, Leviathan is a monster!

Quote:
I love all True metal no matter the Sub-genre and lyrical content.
It is so funny I am a die hard Atheist and hate modern religions but for some reason I love bands like Edenbridge, Narnia, Evergrey, Grave Digger, Dream Theater, ZAO, In This Moment and many other Christian/ modern religion bands just as much as the anti-Christian/modern religion metal bands...
I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm not religous at all and tend towards the athiest side. I dig a lot of classic prog like Yes, ELP, King Crimson etc ... Spock's Beard has been one of my fav prog groups for years. A few years back, thier frontman became a born-again, and left the Beard to do solo Christian prog stuff. We're talking heavy Christian vibe, but the music is still some of his best stuff. It dsoesn't bother me in any way at all. Good music is good music!

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #86
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Arjen's stuff is hit/miss for me. I like some of Ayreon's stuff, but I love Star One, especially the live CD/DVD. Dream Theater is one of my fav bands, so I've got most of the side project stuff, which is again hit or miss. I just saw Liquid Tension Experiment (Portnoy/Petrucci/Rudess/Levin) live at NEARfest which was incredible. I've only gotten in Mastodon within the last year or two, but I freakin' love 'em. While Blood Moutain is great, Leviathan is a monster!

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm not religous at all and tend towards the athiest side. I dig a lot of classic prog like Yes, ELP, King Crimson etc ... Spock's Beard has been one of my fav prog groups for years. A few years back, thier frontman became a born-again, and left the Beard to do solo Christian prog stuff. We're talking heavy Christian vibe, but the music is still some of his best stuff. It dsoesn't bother me in any way at all. Good music is good music!
Exactly you got it good music is good music espcially when it comes to Metal \m/ ...It really is good to meet someone who acctually knows his Metal...I also saw Liquid Tension Experiment live...so awesome I was mesmerized. I agree with you that so many side projects are hit or miss it is so hard for me to get into certain side projects or secondary involvements because I am hopelessly comparing what I am hearing to what I have heard which is an endless cycle of dissapointment..

Old 07-10-2008, 04:10 AM   #87
maddhatir

Quote:
Exactly you got it good music is good music espcially when it comes to Metal \m/ ...It really is good to meet someone who acctually knows his Metal...I also saw Liquid Tension Experiment live...so awesome I was mesmerized. I agree with you that so many side projects are hit or miss it is so hard for me to get into certain side projects or secondary involvements because I am hopelessly comparing what I am hearing to what I have heard which is an endless cycle of dissapointment..
OK- I must admit, I have never heard of 99% of the bands you and Brocktoon are talking about- but- I did go and check out Liquid Tension Experiment AND Apocalyptica's I'm Not Jesus on You Tube.

I would have to hear more of their music to make a decision. Sounds a little to mellow for me, BUT- sometimes I am in the mood for mellow!

I will go and listen to some more of the bands you have been talking about.

......Me and DH
Old 07-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #88
Brocktoon

Quote:
OK- I must admit, I have never heard of 99% of the bands you and Brocktoon are talking about- but- I did go and check out Liquid Tension Experiment AND Apocalyptica's I'm Not Jesus on You Tube.

I would have to hear more of their music to make a decision. Sounds a little to mellow for me, BUT- sometimes I am in the mood for mellow!

I will go and listen to some more of the bands you have been talking about.
Liquid Tension will definately sound mellow compared to black metal. LTE is actually more like old school shredding mixed with a lot of jamming. Kinda like a pumped up instrumental version of Roth era Van Halen. They're an aquired taste if you're not a fan of how many 1000's of notes you can fit into one minute. I love guitar shredding though.

If you're looking for more a mellow mix with some metal, I strongly reccomend the more recent Porcupine Tree stuff. Escpecially 'Deadwing' and 'Fear of a Blank Planet'. Porcupine Tree is very close to a modern day Pink Floyd, but over the years, their frontman Steve Wilson started working with Opeth, and brought a strong metal influence to the last few albums. I found them to be one of the most amazing bands of the last decade. Prog fans find the last few albums on the heavy side, while metal fans find it very mellow. Again, they're definatetly not metal, but I know a ton of metal fans that love thier sound.

- Neil Peart
Old 07-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #89
maddhatir

Are there any internet music stations I can listen to that play Prog rock- well, one that you would recommend?

Live 365? I have Sirius......

......Me and DH
Old 07-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #90
Brocktoon

Quote:
Are there any internet music stations I can listen to that play Prog rock- well, one that you would recommend?

Live 365? I have Sirius......
My employer has locked out almost all internet music stations, so I don't know what's out there any more. Live 365 probably has a few good prog stations if you do a search for prog rock or prog metal.

One of the few stations I can still listen to is Metal Messiah Radio

http://www.metalmessiahradio.com/

They play a really eclectic mix of everything metal, from prog, thrash, black etc ... A lot of times, the rotation seems to be heavy on the prog side.

I think there's two streams on the site. The 'Metal' stream plays the prog stuff.

- Neil Peart

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: