Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #706
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
FREE!!
Bloody Disgusting is streaming Surtur Rising, in full, for 3 days!!!!
Right now!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/music/1497

Alright you metal heads, it's time for some wining, dining and wenching! Bloody-Disgusting has got the exclusive Amon Amarth 'Surtur Rising' album stream for the next three days! That's right, you've only got until Monday the 28th at midnight EST to blast this out, so start your rocking. This album marks the band's eight studio offering.
Thank You! Thank You!

I didn't have any major plans for this Sat Night so I've drinking some brews and listening to the Amon Amarth stream. I'm definately snagging a copy on Tuesday. Twilight is easily my favorite Amon album. It'll take a while to digest everything, but Sutur may be right on par with it. In an age where things seem to go downhill, they just keep getting better

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #707
metalis4ever
Bringing Metal to Disney since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWHOFAN View Post
Now were talking. How about Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Whitesnake from first row July 10th 1981 in Atlanta GA. Iron Maiden had their original vocalist Paul Dianno. Seen him last year, what a English bloke.

Seen Metallica many times in England one time with Megadeth opening.

Motorhead once in Germany.

Black Sabbath with Dio on Heaven Hell tour 1980.

Dio solo. Dio always over Ozzy.

Went to Oz Fest and seen Ozzy 3 weeks ago.

Van Halen original before break up.

KISS original then all other forms. Gene has a lot of my money.

Queen from first row. Brian May can rock. Listen to Brighton Rock

Anybody remember Girlschool or Godz?
Awesome!!! Hell yeah DIO > Ozzy for sure

Hell yeah Girlschool are awesome!!! NWOBHM 4 Life Too funny I actually listened to "Hit and Run" and "Take a Bite" the other day...I think they are still active, couldn't say for sure though...

I've heard of The Godz, solid band just not my style way too biker rock 'n rollish for me...Don't get me wrong I respect them just not my style

I would have loved to see Di'Anno live w/ Maiden...Unfortunately I was born in 1980 But I did see Di'Anno live December 2010 and he sang a ton of the Maiden classics so it was better than nothing....Plus Di'Anno is a mess so he is hysterical on stage...I wish I could repeat some of the things he said but they are not DIS friendly haha

I've seen every band on your list at least once w/ the exception of Queen...Who is their lead singer now? I know they have gone through a few..I don't think "Ripper" is doing anything, I'm sure he could fill in LOL

I started making a list of all the bands I have seen live since 1992 (I was 12 when I went to my first show) and I got overwhelmed I have seen well over 400 bands!! I can count the amount of times I wore ear plugs on 1 hand, I am shocked that I am not deaf.

Some bands I have seen the most live:

Pantera - 7 times
Slayer - 8 times
Black Sabbath - 4 times
Ozzy - 4 times
Anthrax -5 times
Megadeth - 7 times
Metallica - 7 times
Iron Maiden - 8 times
Judas Priest - 5 times
Dream Theater - 5 times
In Flames - 9 times
Children of Bodom - 9 times
Fear Factory - 7 times
Corrosion of Conformity - 5 times
Machine Head - 5 times
Shadow's Fall - 9 times
Diecast - 13 times
Bane - 9 times
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

metalis4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #708
AWHOFAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalis4ever View Post
Awesome!!! Hell yeah DIO > Ozzy for sure

Hell yeah Girlschool are awesome!!! NWOBHM 4 Life Too funny I actually listened to "Hit and Run" and "Take a Bite" the other day...I think they are still active, couldn't say for sure though...

I've heard of The Godz, solid band just not my style way too biker rock 'n rollish for me...Don't get me wrong I respect them just not my style

I would have loved to see Di'Anno live w/ Maiden...Unfortunately I was born in 1980 But I did see Di'Anno live December 2010 and he sang a ton of the Maiden classics so it was better than nothing....Plus Di'Anno is a mess so he is hysterical on stage...I wish I could repeat some of the things he said but they are not DIS friendly haha. We saw the show in Nashville, we had so much fun, Show why drugs are not a good idea.

I've seen every band on your list at least once w/ the exception of Queen...Who is their lead singer now? I know they have gone through a few..I don't think "Ripper" is doing anything, I'm sure he could fill in LOL

I started making a list of all the bands I have seen live since 1992 (I was 12 when I went to my first show) and I got overwhelmed I have seen well over 400 bands!! I can count the amount of times I wore ear plugs on 1 hand, I am shocked that I am not deaf.Loudest show I ve ever seen Priest 3 days latter my ears were ringing. Pink Floyd in Germany at a race track a mile away you could hear the show, at one point we were on first row next beside the speakers.l

Some bands I have seen the most live:

Pantera - 7 times
Slayer - 8 times
Black Sabbath - 4 times Dio Heaven & hell tour 1980 openig act a unknown solo guy Sammy Hagar. Reuion tour got Tony guitar pick Ozzy - 4 times, many times opening act heavy metal years Queensyric
Anthrax -5 times
Megadeth - 7 times open for Metallica
Metallica - 7 times First time Freddie Mercury tribute show in England
Iron Maiden - 8 times. 1981 with Paul Dianno and the 2010 show meet him. Few times with that other vocal guy.
Judas Priest - 5 times Point of Entry first row, Scream 16th. With Sabbath & Last tour 5th row
Dream Theater - 5 times many boots
In Flames - 9 times
Children of Bodom - 9 times
Fear Factory - 7 times
Corrosion of Conformity - 5 times
Machine Head - 5 times
Shadow's Fall - 9 times
Diecast - 13 times
Bane - 9 times
Like Godsmaks drum solo

How about Deep Purlple 1985 Perfect Stangers.
Page Plant few times.

Aerosmith
Nazareth.
Rolling Stones few times. Chek out the song STAR, STAR,

Nine Ince Nails on first tour in a club. Knowbody knew who they were.

I have tickets to all the show Ive seen up in the 500-600 range including opening acts.

Here is the question:

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CONCERT?

KANSAS ON the POINT OF KNOW RETURN
2014 WDW / 2013 July, IOA, Universal Studios, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT / 2012 Oct, WDW / 2012 Aug, DisneyLAND / 2012 May, Air Force Reunion Caribbean Beach / 2011Dec, MVMCP Coronado Springs / 2011 June, Marceline MO Walt Disney's Child Hometown / March 6th 2011 DREAM Cruise / 2011 March Port Orleans Riverside / 2009 Disney's California / 2008 PARIS Disney / 2007 Animal Kingdom / 2006 DisneyLAND / 2005 MGM /1998 Honeymoon, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, MGM / Magic Kingdom 1994, 1987,1986,1985,1974. / 1983 EPCOT First six months of opening. DisneyLAND 1972, 1971, 1970, 1969, 1967. / 1991,Tivoligardens Denmark.
AWHOFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #709
metalis4ever

Quote:
Like Godsmaks drum solo

Page Plant few times.

Aerosmith
Nazareth.
Rolling Stones few times. Chek out the song STAR, STAR,

Nine Ince Nails on first tour in a club. Knowbody knew who they were.

I have tickets to all the show Ive seen up in the 500-600 range including opening acts.

Here is the question:

KANSAS ON the POINT OF KNOW RETURN
My First Concert:

Metallica - "Wherever We May Roam Tour" 02/29/1992 - Providence, RI - Don't remember exact seats but I sat in a side loge about halfway up.

They double encored 1st encore "Last Caress", "Am I Evil?" and "Battery" and 2nd encore with "Stone Cold Crazy"...I remember it like it was yesterday

My parents wouldn't let me go to the Stadium tour w/ Guns 'n Roses at then Foxboro Stadium that followed but at least I got to see them in Providence...My Father refused to sit through Metallica a second time within a year, but I was content that he took one for the team for the first show
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #710
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhofan View Post

Aerosmith
Saw both a few times in the 80s! Deep Purple was incredible!

Quote:
Here is the question:

what was your first concert?

Kansas on the point of know return
KISS- 1978 (accompanied by my Aunt and a friend's cool mom LOL)

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #711
Brocktoon

Quote:

Lollapalooza '93 at JFK Stadium in Philly. Great lineup including Primus, Alice in Chains, Tool, and Rage Against the Machine.

For Rage's initial set, they came out on stage naked and just stood around with duct tape on their mouths in protest of lyric censorship.

- Neil Peart
Old 03-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #712
pheonixheart
Mouseketeer

First Concert?

Well I'm gonna save the embarrassment of my first concert. My aunt took me and my parents didn't give me a choice, that's all I'm sayin!!!!

But MY first Official concert was Poison/Warrant Flesh and Blood Tour in 90 I believe it was....That was just the beginning of the end, lol My parents let me go alone at 14 to an arena show, lmao

Since that day I've seen sooo many different kinds of music. and I did get to see KISS on their 2000 "Farewell" tour, lol Original line up so that rocked...
I can't even name all the shows anymore but my favs are Hatebreed(many times), Lamb of God, Gwar(twice), All That Remains(so many times), Throwdown, As I Lay Dying(many times), Skid Row(don't hate, their new stuff is really punk influenced and I'm an Old School Punk girl)....THE RAMONES, Terror (many times).....Ozzfest(Disturbed, Korn, Chevelle), Godsmack(it was cool got to hang out with Sully AND it was FREE), Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, A7F(not a fan anymore)

That is just what popped into my head.
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #713
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonixheart View Post
Well I'm gonna save the embarrassment of my first concert. My aunt took me and my parents didn't give me a choice, that's all I'm sayin!!!!

But MY first Official concert was Poison/Warrant Flesh and Blood Tour in 90 I believe it was....That was just the beginning of the end, lol My parents let me go alone at 14 to an arena show, lmao

Since that day I've seen sooo many different kinds of music. and I did get to see KISS on their 2000 "Farewell" tour, lol Original line up so that rocked...
I can't even name all the shows anymore but my favs are Hatebreed(many times), Lamb of God, Gwar(twice), All That Remains(so many times), Throwdown, As I Lay Dying(many times), Skid Row(don't hate, their new stuff is really punk influenced and I'm an Old School Punk girl)....THE RAMONES, Terror (many times).....Ozzfest(Disturbed, Korn, Chevelle), Godsmack(it was cool got to hang out with Sully AND it was FREE), Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, A7F(not a fan anymore)

That is just what popped into my head.
Nothing wrong with that!!! I wish I was old enough at the time to hit Poison.Warrant...Skid Row are amazing, Sebastian Bach is an amazing vocalist....

I have seen All That Remains live way too many times to count I live in Mass so I have seen all of the great Mass Metalcore bands All That Remains, Diecast, Shadows Fall, Within the Ruins, Unearth and Killswitch Engage way too many times to count....Probably a combined 45-50 times....same goes for Godsmack I saw them at least 7-8 times live before "Whatever" hit the radio and they got huge....

I used to like A7X as well but they got way too soft over the years...I love their first 3 albums though and still blast them loud and proud

Old 03-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #714
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Back in 08 I saw Girlschool- I think they're still together.

My first concert is more rock than metal(surprisingly), but it was AC/DC with Slash's Snakepit when I was 10. Some guy kept running out on the stage to put Slash's hat on and I remember thinking you know you've made it when somebody's job is putting your hat back on your head when it falls off.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #715
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

On Stranger Tides...

70000 Tons of Metal Round 2: January 23rd-27th!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #716
AWHOFAN
Mouseketeer

RUSH in Nashville

RUSH last night on the floor. Good show but too much new songs. Moving Pictures was great. Good sound. Neil is the drummer of rock.
2014 WDW / 2013 July, IOA, Universal Studios, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT / 2012 Oct, WDW / 2012 Aug, DisneyLAND / 2012 May, Air Force Reunion Caribbean Beach / 2011Dec, MVMCP Coronado Springs / 2011 June, Marceline MO Walt Disney's Child Hometown / March 6th 2011 DREAM Cruise / 2011 March Port Orleans Riverside / 2009 Disney's California / 2008 PARIS Disney / 2007 Animal Kingdom / 2006 DisneyLAND / 2005 MGM /1998 Honeymoon, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, MGM / Magic Kingdom 1994, 1987,1986,1985,1974. / 1983 EPCOT First six months of opening. DisneyLAND 1972, 1971, 1970, 1969, 1967. / 1991,Tivoligardens Denmark.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #717
metalis4ever

Quote:
RUSH last night on the floor. Good show but too much new songs. Moving Pictures was great. Good sound. Neil is the drummer of rock.
AWESOME!!! I love Rush...I've seen them live 5 times and every time they made my jaw drop. That's the problem with great bands we always want to hear their old stuff but they are sick and tired of playing the same songs over and over again so they force the new stuff on us Not necessarily a bad thing, but not a great thing either haha

I agree....Neil Peart is a God...Easily the greatest Rock drummer of all time, no one and I mean no one can touch him...In my opinion the only guys that can come close to Peart are Keith Moon and/or Ginger Baker...

Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #718
Brocktoon

I'll be seeing Rush this Friday ... one of my all time favorite bands! 2112 through Moving Pictures is Prog-Rock heaven

- Neil Peart
Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #719
AWHOFAN
Mouseketeer

Rush Nashville 2011

Rush Lots of new song in the first half. Intermission then they play Moving Pictures. The movie pre show and after are real good. Starts at 7:39pm. Good sound but less live footage of the band playing then other years. Like the last song, do not want to give it away.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #720
metalis4ever

I've been so ridiculously busy as of late that I haven't stopped in here in a while, looks like no one else has either haha

So how is everyone doing? Any shows coming up?

I don't have any coming up but over the past 2 months I saw

Keep of Kalessian, Hate, Neuraxis, Belphegor and Sepultura
- Hate and Neuraxis impressed me and Belphhegor stole the show...Sepultura was just blah cause Green is just blah on vocals...I hadn't seen Sepultura since '99 and I probably wouldn't care if I never saw them again...unless of course Max were to ever reunite with them.

Amon Amarth- They absolutely destroyed life and played 2 full sets

Blackmore's Night
- So amazing, Blackmore is truly a Guitar God.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: