Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #676
Kissarmygeneral
Earning My Ears

Huge type o fan, huge slipknot fan. Mayhem, slayer, overkill, down, pantera, sabaton, accept, priest. MAIDEN, but most of all KISS(even have a kiss tattoo on my arm)

will post more crap later but just wanted to say huge metal head here

Last edited by Kissarmygeneral; 03-18-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Kissarmygeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #677
metalis4ever
Bringing Metal to Disney since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissarmygeneral View Post
Huge type o fan, huge slipknot fan. Mayhem, slayer, overkill, down, pantera, sabaton, accept, priest. MAIDEN, but most of all KISS(even have a kiss tattoo on my arm)

will post more crap later but just wanted to say huge metal head here
Awesome!! I love and respect all but 1 of the bands you listed ... Sabaton are so amazing!!!

I saw Kiss a few years ago...well more than a few years ago haha on the "Psycho Circus" tour they were awesome live!!!

The list of Brothers and Sisters of Metal and Disney is ever growing!!!!

Getting back to a conversation earlier in the week I have no been able to stop listening to Amon Amarth - "Surtur Rising" or Destruction - "Day of Reckoning" !!!!! True Metal through and through!!!!!

I seriously can't wait for the new Morbid Angel to come out...I have a feeling that between the 3, the 2011 album of the year will be decided.....There just aren't any new bands that can step up to the plate and out do the Legends!!!!!

Having said that Lazarus A.D. "Black Rivers Flow" is a solid effort and worth checking out, especially as a second album is almost stands up to their first release "The Onslaught"....as far as new bands go they are definitely one of the best....

Also the 2011 single by Skeletonwitch "The Skullsplitter" shows some great promise and if their forthcoming 4th album is anything like their first 3 then I shall blast it loud and proud!!!! Too much screaming for some of you on here though haha
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

metalis4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #678
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Welcome all of you new metal peoplez! \m/

Metal- have you seen this vid yet!!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jPBvVNKryk

It is included in the Surtur Rising limited edition CD/DVD!

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #679
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalis4ever View Post
Awesome!! I love and respect all but 1 of the bands you listed ... Sabaton are so amazing!!!

Sorry- that makes me giggle every time.

......Me and DH
Old 03-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #680
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
Welcome all of you new metal peoplez! \m/

Metal- have you seen this vid yet!!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jPBvVNKryk

It is included in the Surtur Rising limited edition CD/DVD!
Of course I have but thanks for sharing!!!! So amazing...I can't wait to see them live for the 3rd time on May 7 in Boston \m/ Amon Amarth FTW

Quote:
Sorry- that makes me giggle every time.

I refuse to utter their name for fear of being struck down by the True Metal Gods
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

Old 03-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #681
metalis4ever

I assume everyone has heard this, but I must share the best cover ever...Amon Amarth covering "Aerials" originally by SOAD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoATinmzVfI

blast it loud and proud!!!!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #682
Kissarmygeneral
Earning My Ears

Less then a month till i see Overkill, Accept and sabaton(hope to meet some of the guys b4 the show), and just over a month till i have a meet and greet with down in nyc. Cant believe i'm meeting Phil and Rex and Kirk and Pepper and Johnny. Then its Loudness with Fozzy(really only going for fozzy)

I am a prophet of doom
I am the profit of doom
Kissarmygeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #683
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
I assume everyone has heard this, but I must share the best cover ever...Amon Amarth covering "Aerials" originally by SOAD...

That is a freakin' killer cover! I've always been a SOAD fan. I think they got thrown in with the NuMetal bucket, but they're harldy Nu Metal. I'd put SOAD in the same boat as Faith No More and Devin Townsend ... ie. metal infulenced, but a Zappa style mashup of everything.

Gotta love the double bass ... around 3:00 mark is what it's all about!

I had a pair of CDs I was pushed to check out. One a dissapointment, and the other a surprise:

1) PERIPHERY - I've been told for a while too check out this band. SInce I love prog and technical metal like Opeth, Meshuggah, BTBAM, and Necrophagist, I was told this band would be right up my alley ... WRONG! I hate to say that thier debut was a dissapointment. This band has some serious instrumental chops! I just couldn't get past the vocals. I have no problem with growling and screaming, but the vocals seem to be a step back in the wrong direction. It's like they've taken a killer instrumental group and launched them backwards to a mix of NuMetal and EMO. It's just not my bag, but I will again say that this band has some serious instrumental talent! I can see them gaining mainstream popularity, but it's not my thing

2) THE SWORD - WARP RIDERS - The Sword has been around for a while, and I've always been meh ... they're stuff just sounds like a old Sabbath ripoff. I don't like using the terms hipster metal or poser metal, but that's what comes to mind when I think of The Sword. I finally ended up listening to Warp Riders at a friends party and dug it. It's really more hard rock than metal, but damn if it isn't catchy ... sort of a mix of old school thrash, Sabbath, ZZ Top, and Skynyrd. It sounds more like a soundtrack to the Heavy Metal animated movie, and just flows really well. It's nothing ground breaking, and I don't know if they'll ever top it, but Warp Riders is just a good hard rock CD

Always good to see more folks hopping in on this thread. I'll try to drop by more often as I'm in the early stages of planning my Oct WDW visit for the Food and Wine Fest

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #684
maddhatir

Quote:

Frickin' AWESOME!!! Thanks!

Anyone else dying to do the 70000 Tons of Metal cruise!!!? They announced the next one is Jan 2012. I would have loved to go on this last one. I could not even imagine cruising for a few days with Amon Amarth!!

......Me and DH
Old 03-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #685
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
That is a freakin' killer cover! I've always been a SOAD fan. I think they got thrown in with the NuMetal bucket, but they're harldy Nu Metal. I'd put SOAD in the same boat as Faith No More and Devin Townsend ... ie. metal infulenced, but a Zappa style mashup of everything.

Gotta love the double bass ... around 3:00 mark is what it's all about!

I had a pair of CDs I was pushed to check out. One a dissapointment, and the other a surprise:

1) PERIPHERY - I've been told for a while too check out this band. SInce I love prog and technical metal like Opeth, Meshuggah, BTBAM, and Necrophagist, I was told this band would be right up my alley ... WRONG! I hate to say that their debut was a dissapointment. This band has some serious instrumental chops! I just couldn't get past the vocals. I have no problem with growling and screaming, but the vocals seem to be a step back in the wrong direction. It's like they've taken a killer instrumental group and launched them backwards to a mix of NuMetal and EMO. It's just not my bag, but I will again say that this band has some serious instrumental talent! I can see them gaining mainstream popularity, but it's not my thing

2) THE SWORD - WARP RIDERS - The Sword has been around for a while, and I've always been meh ... they're stuff just sounds like a old Sabbath ripoff. I don't like using the terms hipster metal or poser metal, but that's what comes to mind when I think of The Sword. I finally ended up listening to Warp Riders at a friends party and dug it. It's really more hard rock than metal, but damn if it isn't catchy ... sort of a mix of old school thrash, Sabbath, ZZ Top, and Skynyrd. It sounds more like a soundtrack to the Heavy Metal animated movie, and just flows really well. It's nothing ground breaking, and I don't know if they'll ever top it, but Warp Riders is just a good hard rock CD

Always good to see more folks hopping in on this thread. I'll try to drop by more often as I'm in the early stages of planning my Oct WDW visit for the Food and Wine Fest
I couldn't agree more regarding SOAD, I personally have been a fan of theirs since 1997. Their debut album is an amazing piece of music. I was lucky enough to see them live 2 times prior to Ozzfest 1998 then again at Ozzfest '98 which was what introduced them to mainstream. I have seen them several times since then. I've seen them live a total of 7 times, not once have they disappointed me. They get lumped in w/ Nu Metal because they toured with all of those bands back in 97-00. It's sort of an accurate label because Nu Metal isn't really Metal anyway it's just another word for Alternative Hard Rock. Having said that I wouldn't lump SOAD in with any genre or any other band they are so original like you said very similar in that sense to other fringe bands such as Faith No More. I have nothing but respect for them, talk about being original and true to themselves...They got big on their own terms, they didn't change one bit and that is rare!!!!

I have a HUGE issue as a whole w/ the term "nu metal" I personally think it was thrown around way too much which legitimized the term...90% of the bands that were labeled "nu metal" shouldn't have been and the other 10% shouldn't even have the term metal associated with them at all....I could go on for pages and pages on that subject but I shall spare you all

Periphery are a disgrace to music!!! Whomever suggested you'd like them based on the bands that you like should be forced to listen to "Orchid" and "Onset of Putrefaction" for 24 hours straight to be educated...I've only listened to a few songs cause like you someone suggested them to me and I don't even hear what you hear regarding their music...Nothing special, I can name grindcore bands that sound better

The Sword on the other hand, although very Black Sabbathish are amazing...I've seen them live a few times once with Amon Amarth as a matter of fact...talk about a band that sounds very powerful live made me wish I was traveling down sweet leaf road lol I know a ton of people hate on The Sword but I love their first album "Age of Winters" and find myself listening to it quite regularly. I could listen to the song "Freya" over and over again and still not get tired of it, just a killer riff....

What week are you going in October? The DW and I are looking to go sometime between 10/14 - 10/30...we are planning to do a bi-coastal gimmick...Disney World and Disneyland in 1 trip...Boston - Orlando - California-Boston!! Most Metal trip ever.....

Quote:

Anyone else dying to do the 70000 Tons of Metal cruise!!!? They announced the next one is Jan 2012. I would have loved to go on this last one. I could not even imagine cruising for a few days with Amon Amarth!!
I almost went!!!!! I am thinking about going in 2012!!!! I wonder if Amon Amarth will play again this year? I haven't seen anything about the 2012 70000 Tons of Metal cruise yet.

We should get a group together and do it!!! We could have a "DIS Meet" aboard 70000 Tons of Metal LOL

Old 03-19-2011, 11:21 PM   #686
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I highly suggest 70K. I was lucky enough to go to the first one and it was hands down an amazing experience. It's especially great for Americcans who can't make it over to the Europeon festivals or those who would like to but would rather have the comforts of a bed and real shower. Not only were the sets incredible, karaoke nights and the Sabaton rod-hockey competition were just some of the other fun activities on board(next year I will definately sleep less and stay up for some of the craziness more).

I've never tried this, but apparantly you can share your facebook albums, so here's some pics I took at the first one, sorry if the link doesn't work but I thought I'd give it a go:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=feb8f2028d
Old 03-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #687
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
The Sword on the other hand, although very Black Sabbathish are amazing...I've seen them live a few times once with Amon Amarth as a matter of fact...talk about a band that sounds very powerful live made me wish I was traveling down sweet leaf road lol I know a ton of people hate on The Sword but I love their first album "Age of Winters" and find myself listening to it quite regularly. I could listen to the song "Freya" over and over again and still not get tired of it, just a killer riff....

What week are you going in October? The DW and I are looking to go sometime between 10/14 - 10/30...we are planning to do a bi-coastal gimmick...Disney World and Disneyland in 1 trip...Boston - Orlando - California-Boston!! Most Metal trip ever.....
I liked The Sword's 1st album, but it sounded so much like Sabbath that I rapidly got tired with it. The 2nd album sounded like it was rushed outtakes from the 1st. I guess that's why I was surprised by Warp Riders. It seems to be way more inspired with various influences. I think The Sword is starting to find their own unique sound, sort of like a less heavy Mastodon Jr. I personally like the Warp Riders sci-fi theme over the fantsasy stuff. Not enough Sci-Fi metal out there ... probably why I really like Arjen Lucassen's Star One sci-fi power metal.

I'll be down in WDW Oct 15-22. My parents take thier RV down to Fort Wilderness almost every year. Whenever it happens to be during Food & Wine Fest I usually fly down for the week. F&W fest can get pricey, but it's the best time to visit

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #688
pheonixheart
Mouseketeer

Finally!!!!!

A thread on the Disboards that I can dig!!!!! I have found my people, lol We aren't your typicaly Disney family.
I haven't read all the posts but awesome that I'm not alone....I'll just mention a few of the bands that have been in heavy rotation in my stereo just bought "In this Moment" really love "gun show" but some of the other songs are a bit slow. But it's cool.....I've been rotating Throwdown Madball and Hatebreed alot but since it's almost summer tour season, I've been educating my kids on Megadeth since I'm taking them this summer. I'm thinking about Slipknot if they do tour the US not sure as I only know of Europe dates. If it's music I could go on and on but I'll just sit back and lurk for a bit
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #689
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonixheart View Post
A thread on the Disboards that I can dig!!!!! I have found my people, lol We aren't your typicaly Disney family.
I haven't read all the posts but awesome that I'm not alone....I'll just mention a few of the bands that have been in heavy rotation in my stereo just bought "In this Moment" really love "gun show" but some of the other songs are a bit slow. But it's cool.....I've been rotating Throwdown Madball and Hatebreed alot but since it's almost summer tour season, I've been educating my kids on Megadeth since I'm taking them this summer. I'm thinking about Slipknot if they do tour the US not sure as I only know of Europe dates. If it's music I could go on and on but I'll just sit back and lurk for a bit
Welcome!!! Don't lurk, join in!!

I enjoy In This Moment, and of course Madball, Throwdown and Hatebreed are awesome...especially their older stuff....

I too am going to Mayhem Fest this summer...should be an amazing show looking forward to seeing Megadeth live for a 10th time!!!!!

Song suggestion of the day.. "Red Sharks" by Crimson Glory...I can't post a link cause I;m at work but it has played on my lastfm channel 3 times already today I can't get enough of it!!!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #690
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir58 View Post
I highly suggest 70K. I was lucky enough to go to the first one and it was hands down an amazing experience. It's especially great for Americcans who can't make it over to the Europeon festivals or those who would like to but would rather have the comforts of a bed and real shower. Not only were the sets incredible, karaoke nights and the Sabaton rod-hockey competition were just some of the other fun activities on board(next year I will definately sleep less and stay up for some of the craziness more).

I've never tried this, but apparantly you can share your facebook albums, so here's some pics I took at the first one, sorry if the link doesn't work but I thought I'd give it a go:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=feb8f2028d
Thanks for the pics!!!! From the clips that show up on my Facebook page- it looked like everyone had a great time. The cruise seemed to be small and intimate- am I right? I like that feel. That is why I try and see my bands at the small venues. I am not into the festivals and the huge venues anymore.

Was last year the very first cruise they did? You were on the ship with Amon Amarth!!!??

The clips of the karaoke looked hilarious! I DESPISE karaoke, but I would not pass up a chance to see a lot of the guys doing it- I am sure it was priceless.

Quote:
We should get a group together and do it!!! We could have a "DIS Meet" aboard 70000 Tons of Metal LOL
THAT would be awesome - however, small problem , DH. He is NOT a music lover like I am. He is sweet and accompanies me to all of my shows w/ no protest and he does listen to it when I crank it up (OK- so I guess he has no choice ) and never complains but I know he would not want to do the cruise. Why do I know? I already asked a while back. LOL. I will have to "work on him" and see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonixheart View Post
Welcome!!!! Yes- we are a rare breed. You have been a member since 2009 and you are just finding us now? Shame on you!

Thank the Goddess you are teaching your children about good music (Megadeth and Hatebreed ) I hope you have the parental controls locked and loaded for keep out American Idol and some of those other brainless, stomach turning shows

......Me and DH

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: