Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #661
Vromilos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalis4ever View Post
That's cool...I've never heard of "Firehouse" is it in Downtown Orlando??

Yeah I still don't see how Soilwork fits in that lineup Kind of strange...although I have seen odder lineups for example Chimaira, Immortal and Manowar....As you can imagine Chimaira got booed off the stage, it was actually very entertaining to see the Immortal fans and Manowar fans band together in their common dislike....

It's called firestone thats why, good bands by the way mentiont
Vromilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #662
metalis4ever
Bringing Metal to Disney since 1998

Haven't been on in awhile just wanted to say hi to my fellow Brothers and Sisters of True Metal

Any good shows coming up?

I am skipping New England Metal and Hardcore Fest this year, not nearly and enticing enough lineup to waste my time. Some of these new bands are horrible, call me stuck in the 80's and 90's but the majority of the bands today are 1 trick ponies and make me yawn.

I may hit Manowar tonight but tickets are $75 and I have seen them live twice in the past so no need to drop the cash, but we'll see.....

I have VIP tickets for Kamelot in August, can't wait for that show....Easily the best US Power Metal band and one of the few bands that remain on my list of Bands that I need to see live. Cross another one off

Anyone else pumped for the new Morbid Angel in 2011???? Early prediction it will be album of the year for 2011..the new song "Nevermore" is so classicly brutal, the way Metal is supposed to be played for sure.....

Blast it Loud and Proud!!!!!!!!!
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

metalis4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #663
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Long time no speak.

I see Dawn of Ashes, one of my new guilty pleasures, will be at the NE Metal Fest this year lol.

I have my Surtur Rising (Amon Amarth's new CD) on pre-order AND I have my tickets in hand for "An Evening with Amon Amarth" show in Philly We are one of the lucky cities they chose to play in. This is going to GOOOOOD!

I really need to get my butt moving and get me some Morbid Angel. I love brutal

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #664
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Haven't been on in awhile just wanted to say hi to my fellow Brothers and Sisters of True Metal

Any good shows coming up?

I am skipping New England Metal and Hardcore Fest this year, not nearly and enticing enough lineup to waste my time. Some of these new bands are horrible, call me stuck in the 80's and 90's but the majority of the bands today are 1 trick ponies and make me yawn.

I may hit Manowar tonight but tickets are $75 and I have seen them live twice in the past so no need to drop the cash, but we'll see.....

I have VIP tickets for Kamelot in August, can't wait for that show....Easily the best US Power Metal band and one of the few bands that remain on my list of Bands that I need to see live. Cross another one off

Anyone else pumped for the new Morbid Angel in 2011???? Early prediction it will be album of the year for 2011..the new song "Nevermore" is so classicly brutal, the way Metal is supposed to be played for sure.....

Blast it Loud and Proud!!!!!!!!!
Hello!
I will be making the trek to Canada to see Kalmah, since I figure they do not come over nearly enough and never come to the States. Agalloch's at the end of the month which should be incredible too. After the cruise, there was a huge lull in concerts, which was probably for the best.
I picked up the new Destruction and man, it's intense.

Have fun at Kamelot. I'm curious as to when and if Khan is coming back, but you have to report on how Fabio Lione sounds with them. I was considering going but I feel so bad for Tristania having to drop because their label decided not to support them on this tour.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #665
SoScary'09
Has Friends on the Other Side

Hadn't been by in awhile either so just popping in to say hello.
Thanks for the heads up on the Morbid Angel!~

Halloween '09:-CR Halloween '11:-Poly Halloween '13-BC March '14: First DL Trip
SoScary'09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #666
metalis4ever

Picked up tickets for the Boston Blackmore's Night show in May!!! I have been wanting to see them live for at least 10 years!!! They are playing at Berklee Performing Arts this tour which should be a great venue for this type of relaxing show.....Ritchie Blackmore is a God, can't wait to see him work his magic!!!!

On a different note the new Amon Amarth album is amazing!! Everyone needs to pick up "Surtur Rising" it is Pure Metal!!!!!! I am going to the Boston show on May 7th, it will be my 4th time seeing them live, can't wait!!!!!

Early prediction that "Surtur Rising" and the new Morbid Angel album will be the top 2 albums of 2011....

So my upcoming shows are:

April 23 -

Symphony X, Nevermore, Soilwork, Powerglove, Blackguard
May 7
Amon Amarth
May 19
Blackmore's Night
July 22
Mayhem Fest
August 31
Kamelot, Alestorm, Blackguard, The Agonist

Not a bad lineup, what about everyone else? What is everyone's Spring/Summer show forecast?
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

Old 03-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #667
Verstehen
But...they don't TASTE like apples!

Don't know if you would count them, but my favorite band of all time has to be Nightwish. Seen them twice on stage and hopefully will get to see them again on their next tour.

"Danger is My Cup of Tea." A Labor Day Weekend Trip Report!

1991: CBR, 1994: WL, 1994: POR (Dixie Landings), 1995: WL, 1997: CSR, 2001: POFQ, 2008: Offsite, 2010: WL (CL!), 2011: POFQ, 2012: DLR! (Offsite, day trip), CBR

Florida resident annual passholder! Too many day trips to list here! Exclamation point!
Verstehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #668
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verstehen View Post
Don't know if you would count them, but my favorite band of all time has to be Nightwish. Seen them twice on stage and hopefully will get to see them again on their next tour.
ABSOLUTELY!!! Operatic/Symphonic Power Metal definitely counts!!! I have seen them live twice as well once with Tarja and once with Anette....When I saw them live they covered "Symphony of Destruction" and I must say it was awesome!!! I wish Tarja and Emppu would put their egos aside and get back together!!!! I miss Tarja!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #669
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Picked up tickets for the Boston Blackmore's Night show in May!!! I have been wanting to see them live for at least 10 years!!! They are playing at Berklee Performing Arts this tour which should be a great venue for this type of relaxing show.....Ritchie Blackmore is a God, can't wait to see him work his magic!!!!

On a different note the new Amon Amarth album is amazing!! Everyone needs to pick up "Surtur Rising" it is Pure Metal!!!!!! I am going to the Boston show on May 7th, it will be my 4th time seeing them live, can't wait!!!!!

Early prediction that "Surtur Rising" and the new Morbid Angel album will be the top 2 albums of 2011....

So my upcoming shows are:

April 23 -

Symphony X, Nevermore, Soilwork, Powerglove, Blackguard
May 7
Amon Amarth
May 19
Blackmore's Night
July 22
Mayhem Fest
August 31
Kamelot, Alestorm, Blackguard, The Agonist

Not a bad lineup, what about everyone else? What is everyone's Spring/Summer show forecast?
That sound like an amazing show, you have a good line-up there.
I'm pretty sure Destruction is album of the year for me already, and it's only March!

I just got back last night from the 5 and a half hour trip to see Kalmah and it was so worth it!
Upcoming show calendar here:
March 18th- Hate/ Melechesh, etc.
March 26th- Agalloch
April 16th- Overkill/ Accept/ Sabaton
April 29th- Symphony X/ Nevermore, etc.
May 6th- Destruction
May 28th/29th- MDF (too much going on, only doing 2 days this year)
August 4th-6th- Wacken
Old 03-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #670
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir58 View Post
That sound like an amazing show, you have a good line-up there.
I'm pretty sure Destruction is album of the year for me already, and it's only March!

I just got back last night from the 5 and a half hour trip to see Kalmah and it was so worth it!
Upcoming show calendar here:
March 18th- Hate/ Melechesh, etc.
March 26th- Agalloch
April 16th- Overkill/ Accept/ Sabaton
April 29th- Symphony X/ Nevermore, etc.
May 6th- Destruction
May 28th/29th- MDF (too much going on, only doing 2 days this year)
August 4th-6th- Wacken
Awesome show lineup!!! I'm beyond jealous!!!!!

I like the new Destruction as well....I guess I am just wicked excited for the new Morbid Angel, I could be setting myself up for disappointment though

Speaking of new albums the new album by The Haunted will not be album of the year in my opinion . It's different from anything they have ever done, not sure if that's a good thing...But if you guys want give a listen for yourself check out the free stream....

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/03/15...seen/#comments

So what does everyone think about Stu Block (Into Eternity) being the new vocalist for Iced Earth?? I'm going to wait and see on this one but as a HUGE Iced Earth fan I am going to miss Matt Barlow....

Not sure how Stu Block fits into the Iced Earth equation??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5GSFcYqBoc

Old 03-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #671
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome show lineup!!! I'm beyond jealous!!!!!

I like the new Destruction as well....I guess I am just wicked excited for the new Morbid Angel, I could be setting myself up for disappointment though

Speaking of new albums the new album by The Haunted will not be album of the year in my opinion . It's different from anything they have ever done, not sure if that's a good thing...But if you guys want give a listen for yourself check out the free stream....

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/03/15...seen/#comments

So what does everyone think about Stu Block (Into Eternity) being the new vocalist for Iced Earth?? I'm going to wait and see on this one but as a HUGE Iced Earth fan I am going to miss Matt Barlow....

Not sure how Stu Block fits into the Iced Earth equation??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5GSFcYqBoc
I can't wait for the new Morbid Angel too, I have high hopes for it!

I think Stu Block has the range for Iced Earth so I'm thinking this could work out. Whenever Ripper was with them, I refused to buy any albums with him on it or see them live, it just never felt right to me. The day Barlow came back, I nearly cried. At least he has to play all the Europeon festivals this summer, so I have one last time to see them in August. Stu could work though, and I'm happy for him to get a chance, I just hope that Into Eternity doesn't suffer from it, although both bands as of late are not one of those bands that seem to never leave the road, so maybe he could still do both
Old 03-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #672
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

SO excited about Surtur Rising!!!!
I watched an interview with Johan- this was the first album (well, first time ever) that he used a vocal coach.

Here is a review of Surtur Rising from Lords of Metal.
http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showrevie...18462&lang=en#

Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
Metal Blade

A glorious moment! The new Amon Amarth album has its first spins now. A first encounter. And again… once again. The successor of the overwhelming stunner ‘Twilight Of The Thunder God’ (2008) makes my Viking blood run fast! Can we just be led away in ecstasy in this case instead of dot the i’s and cross the t’s? Nothing wrong with that, isn’t it, when we are talking about Amon Amarth, a band producing high quality stuff for ages. Okay, now and then some riffs from their own oeuvre are recycled, but they are so immortal that we cannot have anything against it. Through the years Amon Amarth has distilled its signature style out of the endless possibilities in the musical universe and they would be mad when changing anything. Spontaneous and outright, supreme Viking Johan Hegg and his mates present us ten new hymns in which glorious ethics of Norse mythology reign. This time they focused on a next fragment of this wealthy history.

Surtur is the leader of the fire giants of Muspelheim and the oldest being in the nine worlds of Norse mythology. The conquest of these ferocious looking yet ultimate smart Vikings does anything but stagnate on this eighth studio album. This time they even paid more attention to vocals – Hegg uses more low-pitched growls than ever – while guitarists Olavi Mikkonen and Johan Söderberg enchant us again with sonorous sounding riffs and melodious ‘singing’ solos, ultimately fetching! The kings of epic melodic death metal kick off with the pretty fast ‘War Of The Gods’, while ‘Töck’s Taunt’ has a powerful outburst after its compelling solo. This mid-paced track even reminds me a bit of Primordial. Yet ‘Surtur Rising’ appears to include the fastest songs than any other album of these Norsemen. Consciously they went for a more aggressive and rougher sound this time. ‘Destroyer Of The Universe’, ‘A Beast Am I’ (this song about the wolf Fenris will be a live stunner!) and ‘Wrath Of The Norsemen’ cut loose with hectic rhythms, setting ablaze the fire. In ‘For Victory Or Death’ and ‘Doom Over Dead Man’ we hear – on the other side of the spectrum – some keyboards and arrangements. However, most of all ‘Surtur Rising’ happens to be brimming with familiar, compelling epics, the kind of stuff you cannot get enough of. When you hear an Amon Amarth album, you just have to surrender to their Viking universe. They leave behind a trace of devastation and represent the heraldry of this world.

This is the album of the month, although we still have to wait a bit before purchasing this mega blaster (release: March, the 25th). Remember that the special edition includes a DVD with their gigs in Bochum, where they played their four first albums integrally live at the end of 2008. I think they grandly meet to the fans’ wishes with that. Earlier their gigs were added in audio format to the re-releases of the four first albums, now we can enjoy the visual aspects. Next month more details in our interview with vocalist Johan Hegg!

Rating 95/100 \m/

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #673
Kevinisagirl
Earning My Ears

Ok so I totally randomly stumbled upon this post - but is anyone a Lazarus AD fan?? My "little" (he's 26) brother is a buddy of theirs and a sound engineer and the little ******* is touring Europe with them right now! They are playing with Bonded by Blood, who I don't know much about...But check out Lazarus AD if you lurve metal. It's good stuff.

Kevinisagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #674
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinisagirl View Post
Ok so I totally randomly stumbled upon this post - but is anyone a Lazarus AD fan?? My "little" (he's 26) brother is a buddy of theirs and a sound engineer and the little ******* is touring Europe with them right now! They are playing with Bonded by Blood, who I don't know much about...But check out Lazarus AD if you lurve metal. It's good stuff.
I LOVE Lazarus A.D.!!!....I've only seen them live once and they destroyed life

Both Lazarus A.D. and Bonded By Blood are leaders of the New Wave of American Thrash..I love both bands and am extremely jealous that your brother is living the good life and touring with those bands!!!!!

Was your brother affected by the theft to the Lazarus A.D. tour van that occurred in the UK the other day?

http://www.metalunderground.com/news...m?newsid=66271

Old 03-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #675
Kevinisagirl
Earning My Ears

Oh my gosh - yes he was! I am so wowed that I'm meeting someone else (who I don't know) who knows about that haha. How crappy is that, huh? I paypal'ed the boys a little cash yesterday, and they got a huge response from friends and fans, so they are officially back on track. Thank god there was no equipment in that van...

They are in Switzerland today, and headed to Dachau (the former concentration camp) on their down time tomorrow morning.

HA I love that I found a Lazarus fan on the DIS of all places. It IS a Small World. (Pun 100% intended)

Kevinisagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: