Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #646
metalis4ever
Bringing Metal to Disney since 1998

Dawn of Ashes are ok, I haven't heard their new album but I own one of their older ones "The Crypt Injection" ...not too bad kind of like an odd mix of Industrial Metal and Black Metal.....I will have to check out their new album I don't even know the name of it, I had heard they were coming out with a new one though....When I saw Dimmu last month they toured with Blood Red Throne and Enslaved and it was amazing!!!! But I agree the strobes were bad not Children of Bodom bad but bad none the less....

Yeah I almost went to the Soulfly show here last week but I didn't want my memories of them to be washed away....in my opinion they haven't been the same since Mikey Doling left the band a few albums ago....I'm an old school Soulfly fan I saw them live 6 times before '00 and 2 times between '00 and '03. I love Max though, did they play "Bleed" if so who did they have sing Durst's part? It can't be Dana's little brother still? It was awesome when I saw them one of the times back in '98 it was with Incubus(before they sold out), Hed(PE) and Snot and during "Bleed" Lynn Strait from Snot came out and did the vocals and DJ Product from Hed(PE) scratched.... See I have some love for Nu Metal(Hard Rock) but only certain bands After all I saw most of those "Nu Metal" bands live way before they got big.....
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

metalis4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #647
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalis4ever View Post
Dawn of Ashes are ok, I haven't heard their new album but I own one of their older ones "The Crypt Injection" ...not too bad kind of like an odd mix of Industrial Metal and Black Metal.....I will have to check out their new album I don't even know the name of it, I had heard they were coming out with a new one though....
Well- of course after seeing them last night, this morning I had to check out some vids. I was wondering why the vids I was watching were major techno compared to what I heard last night! It was like night and day. So, off to do some research. They changed "genres" just last year. The new CD "Genocide Chapters" CA-RUNCHEZ! I love it. I just downloaded it. I am now a fan

ETA- have you seen them now they have (what DH keeps saying about them....) a new M.O? HOLYYYYYY $#@!

Boy- what 24 hours can do in your music life is amazing!

Blood Red Throne and Enslaved opened for Dimmu last night. I liked Blood Red Throne, not Enslaved so much, I am SO not into screaming!

OMG- speaking of screaming LOL. Straight Line Stitch opened for Soulfly! I hate SLS!!! I have since the first time I heard them. - the screaming is just too much. But- I must say- I really enjoyed watching Alexis Brown! I said to DH- "OK, she has got to be the best headbanger......EVERRR!" That hair! She was too cool. I did enjoy her singing when she used her um, "regular" voice.

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2010, 01:41 AM   #648
Americandy
Earning My Ears

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHAAAALE

Mastodon is my band. <3

I'm a die hard metal fan, AND a die hard Disney fan. Mickey Mouse gave us the horns when he saw us in our Dethklok t-shirts during a parade. I think Mickey has a little metal in him, too.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #649
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americandy View Post
I'm a die hard metal fan, AND a die hard Disney fan. Mickey Mouse gave us the horns when he saw us in our Dethklok t-shirts during a parade. I think Mickey has a little metal in him, too.
Welcome.

Too cool!!! Did you get a pic of Mickey!!?

......Me and DH
Old 12-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #650
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
Well- of course after seeing them last night, this morning I had to check out some vids. I was wondering why the vids I was watching were major techno compared to what I heard last night! It was like night and day. So, off to do some research. They changed "genres" just last year. The new CD "Genocide Chapters" CA-RUNCHEZ! I love it. I just downloaded it. I am now a fan

ETA- have you seen them now they have (what DH keeps saying about them....) a new M.O? HOLYYYYYY $#@!

Boy- what 24 hours can do in your music life is amazing!

Blood Red Throne and Enslaved opened for Dimmu last night. I liked Blood Red Throne, not Enslaved so much, I am SO not into screaming!

OMG- speaking of screaming LOL. Straight Line Stitch opened for Soulfly! I hate SLS!!! I have since the first time I heard them. - the screaming is just too much. But- I must say- I really enjoyed watching Alexis Brown! I said to DH- "OK, she has got to be the best headbanger......EVERRR!" That hair! She was too cool. I did enjoy her singing when she used her um, "regular" voice.
Yeah I just checked out the new Dawn of Ashes, pretty good I will ad it to the list of albums to pick up...yeah their older stuff is Industrial Metal....

WHAT!?!?!? How can you not like Enslaved!!!! I think that they blew Dimmu off the stage!!!! Putting the screaming aside Enslaved are amazing musically....

I like SLS mainly because of Alexis Brown, I have a thing for chic vocalists Plus Nothing wrong with Metalcore I own two of their albums "To Be Godlike" and "When Skies Wash Ashore".

I still don't understand your whole dislike for screaming??? I can understand with poser screamo bands but you are missing out on so many amazing Metal and Metalcore bands that use that type of vocals!!!!
My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDWCP/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach/ Oct 2011 DL - PPH Concierge / Nov 2012 Coronado Springs Resort/ June 2013 DL Offsite

Old 12-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #651
maddhatir

Quote:
Yeah I just checked out the new Dawn of Ashes, pretty good I will ad it to the list of albums to pick up...yeah their older stuff is Industrial Metal....

WHAT!?!?!? How can you not like Enslaved!!!! I think that they blew Dimmu off the stage!!!! Putting the screaming aside Enslaved are amazing musically....

I like SLS mainly because of Alexis Brown, I have a thing for chic vocalists Plus Nothing wrong with Metalcore I own two of their albums "To Be Godlike" and "When Skies Wash Ashore".

I still don't understand your whole dislike for screaming??? I can understand with poser screamo bands but you are missing out on so many amazing Metal and Metalcore bands that use that type of vocals!!!!
Screaming just GRATES on my nerves no matter who the band is.

LOL- If I can't get past the screaming I don't even want to hear the rest. The music does not matter to me if the vocals are not JUST as good. For me, it is a package deal with a band- it's all or nothing with me.

There are bands that I see play live that I think "man, this musician is really good but should get out of this band and move on" just b/c I hate the way the singer sounds.

......Me and DH
Old 12-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #652
Disconsin Gal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
Screaming just GRATES on my nerves no matter who the band is.
I'm totally with you on this one. Sometimes I can get past it, but not often. It's probably the singer in me.
2015 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek *DS's First Visit!

Disconsin Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #653
metalis4ever

Well I will just have to keep the "Screaming" band suggestions to myself

Have you guys listened to the new Flotsam and Jetsam!?!?!?!?!? It is so AMAZING!!!!!!! So oldschool sounding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7NzIDnM6lE

On another note I am pumped about next Monday 12/20 I am going to the Icarus Witch and Paul Di'Anno show in Ma!!!!! Di'Anno is playing the first Maiden album from beginning to end, I wish it were "Killers" but "Iron Maiden" will suffice. I've seen Iron Maiden live 7 times w/ Bruce and given that I am old but not old enough (I was 1 y.o. when Paul left) I have never seen Maiden live with Di'Anno so this is the closet I will ever get and I'm not going to lie I am wicked excited.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #654
metalis4ever

Headed to the Icarus Witch and Paul Di'Anno show....should be interesting....I think it will be the first time since 1998 that I will be the youngest person in the crowd Can't wait to hear "phantom of the Opera" sung with the original vocals I love Bruce but Paul was and hopefully still is so raw.....

Old 12-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #655
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Headed to the Icarus Witch and Paul Di'Anno show....should be interesting....I think it will be the first time since 1998 that I will be the youngest person in the crowd Can't wait to hear "phantom of the Opera" sung with the original vocals I love Bruce but Paul was and hopefully still is so raw.....
My friend from up that way just im'ed me the same thing haha. Have fun at that show. Last time I saw Icarus Witch was at least two lineup changes ago(well, the one was confusing so I don't even know if it counts lol). I went to a cd release party of theirs a few years back, they're a good time.

Symphony X is coming close to here and... playing Orlando on my birthday when I'm down in Disney... now that's a good trip.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #656
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconsin Gal View Post
I'm totally with you on this one. Sometimes I can get past it, but not often. It's probably the singer in me.
Considering there's a lot of bands that switch screaming and clean vocals, that might just not be your sound, not necessarily the singer in you. My friend is an opera singer but he still gets into a lot of different vocals( symphonic, power, death, black, all types of metal). Everybody's got their own preference, and the metal scene has got a lot of great diversity, but we all come together on being the path less traveled.

To each his(or her) own
Old 12-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #657
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir58 View Post
My friend from up that way just im'ed me the same thing haha. Have fun at that show. Last time I saw Icarus Witch was at least two lineup changes ago(well, the one was confusing so I don't even know if it counts lol). I went to a cd release party of theirs a few years back, they're a good time.

Symphony X is coming close to here and... playing Orlando on my birthday when I'm down in Disney... now that's a good trip.
Paul Di'Anno destroyed life!!!! He reminded me why "Killers" is my favorite Iron Maiden album....

Fan: "You're not Bruce!!!"
Di'Anno : "You're right I'm not Bruce, I'm the real deal"

Icarus Witch was great live, their new vocalist is heads and shoulders above the original. I am picking up their new album today it's supposed to be pretty good, most people have given in an 8 our of 10 in reviews. They pulled double duty though as they served as Di'Anno's band....This was the first show playing with Di'Anno, they didn't even have time to rehearse and they hit it out of the park!!! They even included an extra song in the encore with an impromptu "Highway to Hell" cover, Di'Anno sounded amazing you can tell he was singing from the heart on that one as he played it as a tribute to Bon Scott.....

Yeah Symphony X is playing here in April but judging by the lineup up here I think it may end up being the headliners of New England Metal and Hardcore Festival.

Symphony X
Nevermore
Soilwork
Powerglove

I only say that because NE Metal fest is always in April and I don't see how Soilwork fits into that lineup??? I could be wrong though.

That is awesome, are they playing House of Blues??? Great venue, I remember back in 1999 when I did the Disney College program I saw Slayer with Sick of it All and Meshuggah (weird lineup) there. It was awesome though because Araya was like "We're Ssssslaaayyyyeerrrr and we're playing in the house of the f'n Mouse!!!!!...this is Blood Staind Mind"

Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #658
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Sorry it took me so long to get back... work was crazy (holidays and retail..). Symphony X is playing somewhere called The Firehouse or something. I was kind of hoping it would be HoB but hey, I get Disney and metal all in one week, I can't complain.

BTW, Soilwork is on the tour, so although it might be the fest, that's not why Soilwork is there.

Last edited by fenrir58; 12-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.
fenrir58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #659
metalis4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir58 View Post
Sorry it took me so long to get back... work was crazy (holidays and retail..). Symphony X is playing somewhere called The Firehouse or something. I was kind of hoping it would be HoB but hey, I get Disney and metal all in one week, I can't complain.

BTW, Soilwork is on the tour, so although it might be the fest, that's not why Soilwork is there.
That's cool...I've never heard of "Firehouse" is it in Downtown Orlando??

Yeah I still don't see how Soilwork fits in that lineup Kind of strange...although I have seen odder lineups for example Chimaira, Immortal and Manowar....As you can imagine Chimaira got booed off the stage, it was actually very entertaining to see the Immortal fans and Manowar fans band together in their common dislike....

Old 01-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #660
fenrir58
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's cool...I've never heard of "Firehouse" is it in Downtown Orlando??

Yeah I still don't see how Soilwork fits in that lineup Kind of strange...although I have seen odder lineups for example Chimaira, Immortal and Manowar....As you can imagine Chimaira got booed off the stage, it was actually very entertaining to see the Immortal fans and Manowar fans band together in their common dislike....
You haven't heard of Firehouse because I can't read tickets lol... It's called Firestone Live. It's in downtown Orlando, they seem to get a lot of the metal shows.

I mean, Soilwork would be weirder on the bill if Blackguard wasn't there, but with them on it too, it kind of can make Soilwork almost fit >_O.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: