Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #31
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I saw Bon Jovi in concert, I think it was 2 years ago. It was the coolest show!!!! I remember Skid Row, I work with both of those bands now too. LOL Cracks me up sometimes, how I'm now working with the people I used to worship as a teenager. It's very cool though.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #32
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem2008 View Post
Oh yeah..the Serpentine Offering is a breakfast song around my house I love that song and haven't been able to find the CD so it looks like I'm gonna have to order it off the net. I love to show people that video...it starts out like something from Star Wars but give it a minute and it grabs ya and YANKS you in! At least that's what happened to you Madd! Another one pulled into the evil..muwahahahahaha

Remember?! I didn't really care for the video when you sent it to me!? I said I didn't like the way they "broke out in song" But OH! MY! GOD!!!!!!! When they did that song live, in concert.........OH MY GOD!!!! I thought I saw god when ICS Vortex (???) just BEEEEEEELLLLLTED out all of his parts of that song!

As a matter if fact- my jaw dropped everytime he came in and just did his thing!....that VOICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedbeauty14304 View Post
Remember Skid Row? LOL My first concert ever was Skid Row and Bon Jovi when "18 and Life" had just come out on the radio. And I think Bon Jovi's "I'll Be There For You" was a new song. Oh, those were the days....
I saw them both in concert! I used to love Sebastian Bach- but now he is lookin' PRET-TY bad.....

I was more of a Skid Row fan than Bon Jovi.

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #33
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem2008 View Post
Oh yeah..the Serpentine Offering is a breakfast song around my house I love that song and haven't been able to find the CD so it looks like I'm gonna have to order it off the net. I love to show people that video...it starts out like something from Star Wars but give it a minute and it grabs ya and YANKS you in! At least that's what happened to you Madd! Another one pulled into the evil..muwahahahahaha
One more thing- have you ever been over to the Godless Heathens thread, here on the Dis??? Thought you might want to take a look-see
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=861737

Lay low.................

......Me and DH
Old 06-20-2008, 06:36 AM   #34
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
So where in Philly do you live? I am right across the bridge in Marlton.
I live in Lower Bucks, north of Philly. Of course my job has me travelling all the time, so it kinda feels like I'm only ever visiting the area.

There's nothing wrong with the Skid Row love. 'Slave to the Grind' is one of my favorite CDs from the 90s. Kinda reminded me of lighter version of 'Cowboys' era Pantera.

I always thought a ton of bands got a raw deal in the early 90s. I don't know if it was the grunge revolution, or that they got stereo-typed due to 'More than Words', but Extreme was a killer band that never got the due they deserved. I really dug the funk meets Van Halen sound of bands like Living Colour, Extreme, and Mr. Big.

Nuno and Cherone have recenty reunited Extreme, and they're going to be touring with a new CD. Sounds strange, but I think that may be one of the most anticipated concerts I'm looking forward to.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #35
jadedbeauty14304
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I live in Lower Bucks, north of Philly. Of course my job has me travelling all the time, so it kinda feels like I'm only ever visiting the area.

There's nothing wrong with the Skid Row love. 'Slave to the Grind' is one of my favorite CDs from the 90s. Kinda reminded me of lighter version of 'Cowboys' era Pantera.

I always thought a ton of bands got a raw deal in the early 90s. I don't know if it was the grunge revolution, or that they got stereo-typed due to 'More than Words', but Extreme was a killer band that never got the due they deserved. I really dug the funk meets Van Halen sound of bands like Living Colour, Extreme, and Mr. Big.

Nuno and Cherone have recenty reunited Extreme, and they're going to be touring with a new CD. Sounds strange, but I think that may be one of the most anticipated concerts I'm looking forward to.
LOL That sounds like a Who's Who of my Monster Ballads CD. LOL

I am such a 80's and 90's cheese lover. lol
Old 06-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #36
clint999
Earning My Ears

Well, Madd, you know me. Die hard Knot fan and lover all of all things metal.
Of course I'm trash so what do I know
There's got to be more of us on here! Come on, where are you people? What shows are you going to this summer? You can't all be into Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers!

ETA: love the new line in your sig....let's all sing "I Am Hated"!
clint999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #37
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Just tripped over this thread.I usaully post on the universal forum.
But we have a Dis'er overthere that you might find intresting.
He has a recording studio in PA,and its hardcore new stuff(which I love,depending on the talent level)The website is:
http://www.akdarstudios.com Click on live recordings!!
I'm in my 40ish and still think Type O Negetive ROCKS!!
But check out the website

Welcome to the darkside!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #38
madcoco
Learns something new here everyday
Arghh The Life of a Nomad
Where's Me Treasure Matey?

Another Metal Fan(46) here though you would never know it.(look more like Jimmy Buffet than Dio) Good friends of/managed a band in PA that disbanded in the 80's and whose album went on to became a cult classic in Europe called Valhalla. The lead singer David Fefolt has recorded vocals with a number of the hardcore and mainstream metal folks out there. Even a top 10 MTV hit in the hair metal days with Alex Masi.
Latest project is the Forgotten Realm with a great shredder Matthew Mills. Debut album just went on sale. Check them out:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=114256943
Highschool buddy went on to become sound manager for EighthDay Sound Usually meet up with him on tour in Vegas and Orlando and a few times overseas. The last few metal tours I met up with him were the US Unholy Alliance Tours with Slayer Wow. Children of Bodom really impressed the h*ll out of me. Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho. Wildchild is an understatement. Now Marty is on tour with Tom Petty. Meeting up next month. Somehow I think his PA setup will be a bit softer LOL. Give me "Loudness" or Give Me Death.

Mike,Bunny,Tara DVC

"Today's the Day"
Got Yar?

Last edited by madcoco; 06-24-2008 at 04:54 PM.
madcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #39
Mayhem2008
Slipknot lovin' Maggot!

clint999 - where'd you come from?? do i know you?
Mayhem2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #40
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint999 View Post
Well, Madd, you know me. Die hard Knot fan and lover all of all things metal.
Of course I'm trash so what do I know
There's got to be more of us on here! Come on, where are you people? What shows are you going to this summer? You can't all be into Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers!

ETA: love the new line in your sig....let's all sing "I Am Hated"!
????? Do I know you????

......Me and DH
Old 06-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #41
Mayhem2008
Slipknot lovin' Maggot!

That was my exact post a few pages ago...was there something you wanted to ad or where you just letting us know you're offering college degrees?
Mayhem2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #42
maddhatir

I just reported the post as ......SPAM!

......Me and DH
Old 06-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #43
AlexTina
I'm glued to the computer
My immediate reaction was, okay here we go

This is crazy!!! I totally just stumbled on this thread, I was just lurking around and walla! My DH and I were total "rockers" in high school. DH was in a band and did quite a few concerts. Man those were the good ol days. Anyhow, we are now 34 (me) and 33 (DH) with 3 kiddos 6, 3, and 1. I am very proud to say that I have a signed kerri king guitar hanging on the wall in my loft and possibly the only 6 year old around who can play "one" on guitar hero without missing a beat and knows all the lyrics, LOL... These days though it seems that the my dd (6) is totally into Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers, in fact I just finished watching camp rock with her. So basically the only time I really listen to anything is when I'm in the car and even then the kiddos will generally listen their music or we listen to country which we both like. DH, however, will instantly switch the station or CD when he gets in the car and if country is playing his general response is "OMG I almost puked!!!" So when he's in the car it is definately Slayer, Megadeth, Godsmack, Sepultura, etc.. So I still get a good dose of it and I still like it and all my kids know how to "ROCK OUT" it's so funny as soon as DH puts a CD on they all start banging their heads it HILLARIOUS! Anyhow, I had no idea there were others here on the DIS. It's really funny it's just like at DD school I like being there and I'm interested but somehow I just don't quite fit in with all the soccer moms and that's kind of how it was on the DIS until now.

ME (39) DH (38) DD (11) DS (8) DD (6)

Last edited by AlexTina; 06-21-2008 at 10:44 PM.
AlexTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #44
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I always find it interesting how so many people dis country without ever seeing a country act live. We went to the Brad Paisley show last night, both he and Keith Urban always blow my mind with their guitar. They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo talented, IMO more talented than many of the rockers out there. Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood did a cover of Tom Petty/Stevie Knicks Stop Dragging my Heart Around. I tell you what, it was better than seeing Tom and Stevie do it live a few months before!! And both Keith and Brad can play massive guitar!!!! OMG, they are soooooooooooo talented....and we might be at the Jonas Brothers concert next month, my girls love them....and they are my account. LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #45
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTina View Post
I just don't quite fit in with all the soccer moms and that's kind of how it was on the DIS until now.
Welcome! I know what you mean about fitting in on the DIS I know some great people here- but not everyone has my taste in music! I always wondered how many of us there were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I always find it interesting how so many people dis country without ever seeing a country act live. We went to the Brad Paisley show last night, both he and Keith Urban always blow my mind with their guitar. They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo talented, IMO more talented than many of the rockers out there. Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood did a cover of Tom Petty/Stevie Knicks Stop Dragging my Heart Around. I tell you what, it was better than seeing Tom and Stevie do it live a few months before!! And both Keith and Brad can play massive guitar!!!! OMG, they are soooooooooooo talented....and we might be at the Jonas Brothers concert next month, my girls love them....and they are my account. LOL
I am sorry Kerri- I just CAN'T do country music! That or rap! I just can't, and I don't get it... I kinda feel a little tight in the chest when I do hear it

I need to stay away for health reasons!

......Me and DH

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: