Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
SnowhiteHeather
Earning My Ears

Just Booked Art of Animation!

This will be my first time in a value resort! I hope it's as good as the deluxe and moderate. I am not a fan really of moderate, but it is my life goal to stay in every Disney hotel.
I have booked the Little Mermaid room for a girls birthday. 4 adults!
I was hoping someone could give me some tips and perks about this hotel. =D Only 2 weeks to wait!

Thanks!

SnowhiteHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
bsiev1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowhiteHeather View Post
This will be my first time in a value resort! I hope it's as good as the deluxe and moderate. I am not a fan really of moderate, but it is my life goal to stay in every Disney hotel.
I have booked the Little Mermaid room for a girls birthday. 4 adults!
I was hoping someone could give me some tips and perks about this hotel. =D Only 2 weeks to wait!

Thanks!
You didn't say, but with four adults I hope you booked more than one room. The Mermaid rooms are kinda small.

If you are expecting the same kind of amenities you get at a Deluxe, you'll probably be disappointed. They have big statues of the characters on each area of the resort. Also, they have a pretty good food court in the main building.

I stayed in a Mermaid room last December. I enjoyed the resort. If you resolve now to not compare it too much to the Deluxes, you'll enjoy it as well.
bsiev1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

Hi, the decorations in these rooms are beautiful!

The funny part was when I went to open what I thought was a dresser drawer, and it turned out to be a door leading to the mini-fridge!

I stayed there solo and found the room to be a bit small, so I think it would be really crowded with four adults in one room. If you can, I'd suggest splitting into two groups of two and getting a second room.

Enjoy the theming!
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #4
SnowhiteHeather
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuck001 View Post
Hi, the decorations in these rooms are beautiful!

The funny part was when I went to open what I thought was a dresser drawer, and it turned out to be a door leading to the mini-fridge!

I stayed there solo and found the room to be a bit small, so I think it would be really crowded with four adults in one room. If you can, I'd suggest splitting into two groups of two and getting a second room.

Enjoy the theming!
It's only one night since we are passholders and just live an hour away so the small room wont be terrible since we wont be in the room all that much. So it's different buildings like port orleans? I thought it was one building. hmm

SnowhiteHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #5
bsiev1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowhiteHeather View Post
It's only one night since we are passholders and just live an hour away so the small room wont be terrible since we wont be in the room all that much. So it's different buildings like port orleans? I thought it was one building. hmm
Yes, it is different buildings. The Lion King, Nemo, and Cars family suites each have a separate building. The Mermaid rooms are another separate building. Then there is another building that has the lobby, gift shop, arcade and food court.

It looks big if you look at a map of the property, but it's not that bad. To get from Mermaid to the main building, you have to walk past the Lion King area.
bsiev1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #6
Wild4Walt
DIS Veteran

As long as you don't compare the 2 ( meanin AoA and a Deluxe ) you'll be fine. Even this type of Value Resort ( meaing all suites ) if doing to have a completly different feel from a Deluxe.

AoA is also extremely popular with families so expect lots and lots of kids.

POR Oct 14 / POP Oct 12 / Poly Oct 12 / CBR Nov 11 / POR Oct 10 /Pop May 10/Poly Nov 09 / CBR Mar 09 / BWI - Feb 09 / BC- Oct 08 / POFQ - Feb 08 / SSR- Dec 07 / POR - Oct 07 / Poly Oct 05
Wild4Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild4Walt View Post
Even this type of Value Resort ( meaing all suites ) if doing to have a completly different feel from a Deluxe.
Hi, I think the OP said she and her friends will be staying in a Mermaid room rather than a suite.
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #8
lbart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild4Walt
As long as you don't compare the 2 ( meanin AoA and a Deluxe ) you'll be fine. Even this type of Value Resort ( meaing all suites ) if doing to have a completly different feel from a Deluxe.

AoA is also extremely popular with families so expect lots and lots of kids.
We r going to all.sports is it good
lbart is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: