Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Solo trips and making them "different"

I got back from my first solo trip last week and absolutely loved it! It really was the break I needed from reality for a bit. Now I'm already thinking about my next solo trip.

My trip last week I tried to do things that my family normally doesn't want to do, or is new since our last trip. I did all 4 parks in one day, trekked from ASMusic to Poly just for breakfast then went to a water park, watched the movies around WS, rode 7D, planned my days around what and when I'm eating next...etc.

I'm thinking about going on my next solo in Sept or Oct 2015 for F&W, and maybe sneaking in some spa time, or characters in flight, and of course trying new restaurants and a new hotel.

So I'm wondering, are your solo trips always the same? What do you do to make them different?
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I haven't had a solo trip to WDW but on my last trip I took a few solo hours. I got a glass of champagne in France, watched Impressions de France, and went into a few stores.

I went to a work conference a few months ago and was happy to go out and eat in peace, have a margarita, do a little window shopping and then went back to the hotel early to SLEEP. The sleep was the best part of the trip.

If I had to plan a dream solo trip to Disney I'd like to eat in the lounges, sleep in and hit all my favorites in the parks.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
melanie18
DIS Veteran

I'm so jealous! I want to try a solo trip and everyone thinks I'm nuts! Your trip sounds awesome. I think a solo trip does make you try different things that you wouldn't ordinarily do (like the movies around WS).
melanie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
ebkrist
Earning My Ears

My first solo trip is coming up in January, and I'm looking forward to doing things I don't usually get to.

On my list is:
- Monorail to the MK resorts
- Eat in a one new place a day
- Stay until after the fireworks are over and see the Kiss Goodnight
ebkrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #5
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebkrist View Post
- Stay until after the fireworks are over and see the Kiss Goodnight
Staying until the kiss goodnight is a good one! I would like to do that too!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
SueDonym3
Mouseketeer

Good question! My previous trips were different times of year and different resorts. This year I am going at the same time of year- yay Food & Wine and staying at same resort- yay Pop! I am not really thinking of how to make the trip different but better...I am using the crowd calendars for the first time ever! I am trying one new restaurant....I am going to a couple of character meals for the first time as a solo. So there will be some new things and some old favorites!
SueDonym3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #7
JamesA1
Mouseketeer

My last solo trip was early September last year and all about the parks. I spent most of the time see the shows and parades. I always try to have a meal in a restaurant that I have not tried on a previous trip.

Because this trip is during Food and Wine it is all about experiencing the food. That will be sampling throughout the festival and a few new restaurant.

I personally think it comes down to doing what you enjoy doing.

What is the goodnight kiss?
Old 09-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #8
Rokwynd
Mouseketeer

My something different is something I wouldn't do on trips with other people. I am going to try Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. My goal is to least finish one playthrough of the game during the trip.

1996 CBR
2000 Poly
2013 Pop Century
2015 Pop Century
2016 AOA Cars Suite-(In planning)
Rokwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #9
Cin
DIS Veteran

This will be my first solo trip and I have booked lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table, dinner at Akershus, Hoop Dee Doo Review, tea at the Grand Floridian Tea Room, and planning on seeing all the nighttime shows/fireworks and staying until closing at least once for each park. I can get to rope drop without stressing or having to prod others to hurry up and keep up with me. I can tour park commando style and go from rope drop to close or I can sleep in and show up at brunch with the new FP system. I can ride myself silly on Winnie The Pooh, Peter Pan, Pirates, and Splash Mountain as many times as I want. I am going to MNSSHP this year too for the first time!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post43986114
2013 Pre Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871882
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2012 - Pop Century/Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - Pop Century
Prince Charming is staying home and I'm going to Disneyworld!
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
Lori77
Mouseketeer

Going solo

I just returned from my first solo trip and it was a short one! I did all 4 parks in one day too, which I think I will skip in the future. I also did one water park, and when I do solo again, I think I will spend more time at the water parks and likely my hotel pool. This time was so rushed, I need more time to relax.

I like your idea of adding the spa. I've been to the GF spa many moons ago, and I really loved it! I may also add renting a watermouse on Bay Lake, which I love to do too.

Great thread! I can't wait to read all of the responses!

2013 trips: Feb 10-15, 2013 at AsMo & May 2013 at Pop
2014 trips: Wishes Do Come True! 10th Anniversary Trip April 26-30, 2014 at POP! & First trip solo! August 24-26, 2014 at POP!

Next trip? Hope to visit before Marc 21, 2015 when DS officially turns into a Disney Adult!
Lori77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: