Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

What are the no-wait or low wait rides at Disneyland

You know those rides that just never have much of a line. In the old days it was Snow White, Pinocchio...and a few others.
It seems like I have read that Winnie the Pooh doesn't have much of a wait (which is odd since WDW version is always packed)??

DO HM and Pirates have FP's ??? neither did on our last trip.

I just need ideas of what rides to do when waiting for the FP biggies...

thanks !!!

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Disney-Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
the donut
Mouseketeer

The Mark Twain Steamboat and the train are both favorites of my kid, and we've pretty much always gotten on since they're so high capacity.

No FPs on POTC or HM.
the donut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
ScooterL
DIS Veteran

Yes, the Pooh ride rarely has much of a wait. I think that's because it's in Critter Country and not in Fantasyland - not so many small kids over in Critter Country.

If you're interested in shows instead of just rides, then the Tiki Room, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and Disneyland, the First 50 Magical Years rarely have waits, other than waiting for the next show to start.
ScooterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

I still think Snow White and Pinocchio are relatively low to no wait, but that also depends on the time of day and time of year. I have also had good experiences with BTMRR. Winnie the Pooh also has a low line, as does JC most of the times we are there. I remember our first "real" trip back to the park in 2002. I hadnt been to the parks in about 7 years. I was 19, so my last trip I was 12 and all the lines seemed long to me. We walked into the park, and headed towards Adventureland. JC line was 5 minutes!! That was 4th of July weekened in 2002. Each time we went back for all of our next trips (see my siggy below) line was 5-10 minutes. Only once was it longer, and I believe that was this past October if I remember right. We have been pretty lucky with HM and POTC in general as well.

HTH!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Looks like you're going in July? If you were going from Halloween to New Years, you could get a FP for Haunted Mansion Holiday, but not when it's normal.

I found Casey Jr to have a pretty short line, and we also found it to be surprisingly fun!

I won't go on Snow White or Pin. anymore, but they had short lines when we went on them.

If you're willing to split up into singles, using the single rider line for CA Screamin' will get you on pretty fast and you can save a FP that way.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #6
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

POTC usually has very short waits. It's one of the highest capacity rides in the park.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #7
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Here's what I would say are the shortest or fastest moving lines in the park:
-Pirates (extremely fast moving turns long lines into short waits)
-Haunted Mansion (except in holiday mode) same as Pirates

The rest have short waits in general
-Snow White
-Pinocchio
-Jungle Cruise
-Tarzan's Treehouse
-Winnie-the-Pooh
-Tiki Room
-HISTA
-DL Railroad
-Any of the boats around Pirate's Lair
-Pirate's Lair

At DCA it's basically everything that doesn't have FP except Toy Story Midway Mania and Sun Wheel.
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #8
honeymom
I just tried to connect the dots
I keep reading these posts so I might as well get in on the fun, too

tiki, tiki, tiki room
1972 1st WDW Visit (Offsite Quality Inn), 1977 1st DL Visit (LAX Marriott), 1985 (Offsite Friend's Apartment), 1988-1993 Once yearly DL while living in SoCal, Feb. 1997 - WDW (offsite Radisson Resort Parkway), June 2001 - WDW (Port Orleans French Quarter), August 2002 - DL (Disneyland Hotel), March 2004 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge), Jan. 2007 - DL (Grand Californian)May 2008 - DL (Anaheim Fairfield Inn), Feb 2012 WDW (Beach Club)
honeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:56 AM   #9
Disneylvrforever
Stitch is my puppy!

-Winnie the Pooh would be the #1 ride w/ a short/no wait line. 7 min. is even too long to wait for the ride. When it says 3 min., that's the time to go.
-JC will be the 2nd ride w/ a short line, BUT there are times where the line can go from 15-20 min long, depending on the day. If it says 5 min., it's good bc it sometimes is less.
-Fantasyland rides will always be short during the later hours of the night, except for Peter. I've seen rides like SW & Pinocchio be pretty long during the afternoons, so I just go during the evenings if I want to hit those rides.
-HM can also have pretty good wait times, even in the afternoons. I like it when it says the wait time is 13 min bc it's the unlucky # and it also never feels like a 13 min. wait.
-Pirates depends on the day. I think the best time is to go when ppl are waiting for Fantasmic bc the wait will be 10 min. or less. Usually it'll be from 15-20 min.
-Matterhorn can be very unexpected. You never know when there might be a huge line or hardly a line at all. If there are a lot of ppl in the park, the lines will usually be long, probably about a half an hour. The way I can tell is by looking on the Nemo Sub side of the Matterhorn and if the line doesn't go as far as the gate on the Matterhorn and stays by the rock, the line is decent. Late evenings also have short lines for this ride, but both sides might not be open, it just depends.
-If you're going to go on the DLRR, I reccomend that you DON'T go in the New Orleans station bc they usually have the longest wait. Tomorrowland usually has the shortest wait.
-Riding up and down on the MS vehicles are also fun to ride on.
Hope I helped and have fun on your trip!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #10
S. S. Columbia
DIS Veteran

The Main St. Cinema shows 6 classic Mickey Mouse cartoons from the '20s and '30s.

Snow White's Grotto

"I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place -- a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it." -Walt Disney

Last edited by S. S. Columbia; 06-13-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Added "Snow White's Grotto"
S. S. Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:07 AM   #11
2ndStar
Mouseketeer

We usually enjoy Pirate's Lair, Pooh, and Tiki during the busier times. Often, we hit California Adventure during the high point at DL and enjoy much shorter lines there overall for the kiddie rides and shows.
2ndStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: