Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #406
twob4him
DIS Veteran

The close-up pic of you all is just priceless....look at those expressions...oh my! I know it wasn't funny at the time...but you gotta admit now it is quite amusing!
I too am very impressed with your itinerary and how you fit so much in~my dh never would have been able to keep up with you people! And I don't know if I could have either! I love all of your pics! Universal is fun huh. Can't wait to hear all about Santa!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #407
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Christmas In August

After making our way back to GKTW we all grabbed quick showers and headed to dinner.GKTW had a nice "Christmas" dinner that evening with turkey, potatoes, gravy etc.We knew that Santa would be making an apperance in the theatre so off we went.Hannah was thrilled, Logan was a little more subdued.Santa won him over real quickly when he showed him the cool blue light he had on his finger.I have to say that Santa was Fabulous with the kids.

After we visited with Santa they took the kids to an area where there were toys to choose from.Hasbro donates them for the village.Hannah chose a "fur real pet" a kitten and Logan chose and IPOD mini(which I was shocked they had as they are not cheap!) We grabbed a quick family pic outside:

I had made these neat family shirts before we left.I had seen the designs on the creative DIS board and tweaked it a bit for our family.I kind of wish we had worn them before in the week ,because they got a ton of attention.In fact we couldn't walk more than five feet without someone asking about them.I am hoping to make some for upcoming wish families since they were such a huge hit.
Outside in the courtyard area they had a snow machine and christmas music playing.They had stations set up where the kids could do activities such as decorating their own cookies.We saw Mayor Clayton(the rabbit) and his wife(girlfriend?) Ms. Merry.

We also saw the gingerbread man!

I need to print our boading passes for our flight the next day so I sent the family on ahead of me and I went to the main office to collect them(I had asked them to do this for me earlier in the evening)I then met up with the familoy at the Ice Cream Palace for our last ice cream of the trip.We didn't take advantage of this as much as we would have liked since Hannah can't have any.But it didn't seem to bother her as she was more interested in the rocking horse.

We then made a quick trip to the Castle of miracles so we could see where Hannah's star was placed in the ceiling.

We had been given the coordinates of the star so the volunteers were able to help us find it.They take a pole that has a camera on it and pass it over the area until you find your star.We then headed back to the villa and I started packing while the kids fooled around.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #408
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the shirts! LOVE Love LOVE them! Did you just glue the buttons on? Or did you sew through them once on?

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 08-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #409
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

I loved your TR. The shirts you made are great! I've got to take another look at the Creative board!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:24 AM   #410
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I LOVE the shirts! LOVE Love LOVE them! Did you just glue the buttons on? Or did you sew through them once on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
I loved your TR. The shirts you made are great! I've got to take another look at the Creative board!
Thanks guys. I can't really take credit for the original design though.I just love how everyone around here is all about sharing the pixi dust.I just glued them on for this trip because I ran out of time but in the future I would sew them.I used fabric glue.For the guys designs I used fabric paint around the edges.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #411
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
Thanks guys. I can't really take credit for the original design though.I just love how everyone around here is all about sharing the pixi dust.I just glued them on for this trip because I ran out of time but in the future I would sew them.I used fabric glue.For the guys designs I used fabric paint around the edges.
I wasn't going to do family shirts because we are such a modpodge going. My neice and 2 nephews and BIL (sister can't get out of a nursing exam). But they look great, I'm going to have to break down and do it.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:31 AM   #412
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

I had not told the kids that I had arranged for a little suprise earlier in the week.There was a knock on the door and guess who was there? Ms. Merry the rabbit! She had come to tuck Hannah in bed!

Hannah was THRILLED. Logan not so much but he enjoyed watching the whole thing.She was so cute and Ms Merry was a hoot.She tucked her in and kissed all of her stuffed animals.It was a really fun thing for the kids and they were so suprised.Hannah and Logan very happily went to bed that evening and qickly drifted off to sleep.Paul and I ran around for a few hours trying to pack a lot of stuff we had accumulated over the week.Soon we gave it up and headed to bed ourselves for our last night at the village.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #413
mom2lilnick
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful last evening! Are there a lot of other wish families there with you? It seems like things are so personal but I can tell there are other people in the background.

Wife to one amazing guy Jeff
Mom to three wonderful kids..
Kayla, Noah and my wish child Nicholas .

Nick's pre-trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post28150528
Old 08-31-2008, 11:31 AM   #414
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2lilnick View Post
What a wonderful last evening! Are there a lot of other wish families there with you? It seems like things are so personal but I can tell there are other people in the background.
Hi Amy, It was an amazing end to a great week.While at the village (and Christmas) there were a lot of other families.I guess you could compare it to staying at a resort.There are a ton of villas and they are actually expanding and building more because the demand for wish kids is so great.During the day it is usually pretty quiet though as most families are out at the parks.The most action usually takes place in the evenings.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:44 PM   #415
starrzone
Quirky with snack cakes

What an adorable family you have! I love the huge smiles on your daughter's face when she sees the characters; she truly has the Disney spirit! I'm really enjoying reading about your trip so far!

Come check out my blog: http://starrzone.wordpress.com

Old 08-31-2008, 08:18 PM   #416
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Heather, I'm still here and reading! I've been crazy-busy since school started for us, so I don't always post, though. But I LOVED reading about your Universal day! The only thing we really didn't do there that I know would've been fun was to visit the Popeye area, but that was mainly because I knew how wet we would get. Seeing your pics confirms my suspicions!! And wasn't Christmas fun?? It was so much fun to see your pics because I felt like I had returned to GKTW. I showed the kids Ms. Merry tucking Hannah in and Shay Lynne got so mad! She wanted to know why Ms. Merry didn't come and tuck her in. I had to remind her that it was Clay's wish trip, so we asked Mayor Clayton to come instead. I'm sad your trip is coming to an end...but we'll have several others to look forward to soon, thankfully. Your kids looked so cute in all their clothes, and I love, love, LOVE the t-shirts you made! I know the families enjoy getting matching t-shirts -- we sure did!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:05 PM   #417
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
The close-up pic of you all is just priceless....look at those expressions...oh my! I know it wasn't funny at the time...but you gotta admit now it is quite amusing!
I too am very impressed with your itinerary and how you fit so much in~my dh never would have been able to keep up with you people! And I don't know if I could have either! I love all of your pics! Universal is fun huh. Can't wait to hear all about Santa!
I don't know how we fit that much in.I have to say we wouldn't do so much on another trip but since we had this amazing oppertunity, we decided to so as much as we possibly could!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrzone View Post
What an adorable family you have! I love the huge smiles on your daughter's face when she sees the characters; she truly has the Disney spirit! I'm really enjoying reading about your trip so far!
Thanks! Hannah was just over the moon to meet so many characters.I think she enjoyed that the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
Heather, I'm still here and reading! I've been crazy-busy since school started for us, so I don't always post, though. But I LOVED reading about your Universal day! The only thing we really didn't do there that I know would've been fun was to visit the Popeye area, but that was mainly because I knew how wet we would get. Seeing your pics confirms my suspicions!! And wasn't Christmas fun?? It was so much fun to see your pics because I felt like I had returned to GKTW. I showed the kids Ms. Merry tucking Hannah in and Shay Lynne got so mad! She wanted to know why Ms. Merry didn't come and tuck her in. I had to remind her that it was Clay's wish trip, so we asked Mayor Clayton to come instead. I'm sad your trip is coming to an end...but we'll have several others to look forward to soon, thankfully. Your kids looked so cute in all their clothes, and I love, love, LOVE the t-shirts you made! I know the families enjoy getting matching t-shirts -- we sure did!
Universal WAS fun, I only wish we were not so tired and had more time to do more of Universal.Oh well, at least we got to sample it!That's kind of funny about Shay Lynne being mad, well at least she can see what Ms. Merry was like!I am sad the trip report is coming to an end.I guess I have been putting off writing about it because it feels like leaving there all over again! At least we have amazing memories of a once in a lifetime trip.I guess I will have to start planning a way to get us back there!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #418
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Great pictures. I love Hannah and Logan! I really love the darling shirts you made. I want some for us but I truly have no clue when we would wear them...the kids will be changing clothes all day long every day as it is now!

Thanks so much for the Santa pictures. I have been trying to explain to the kids that Santa will be there and I don't think they believed me until I showed them the pictures. You have done such an awesome job!

Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-31-2008, 09:19 PM   #419
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Oh I'm so glad that you guys had such a great adventure!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #420
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Wow, what a wonderful week you guys had!!!

I loved the pictures of Hannah's face paint! I'm surprised it stayed on so well on Kali River Rapids!!

All of the outfits looked fantastic!!!

I stayed up too late reading this, but it was so interesting I wanted to finish!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: