Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #361
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

After we saw Captain Hook we decided to find the Make a Wish Lounge.It is a private lounge just for wish families to cool off and take a break.It was a very cool refreshing place to rest for a few minutes.We took advantage of their bathroom to change our clothes because we had reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table.I had heard in other trip reports that the people ho staffed this were really great and a few people even managed to make some extra special character meets here or fanagle a reservation.The young girl who was there was polite, but she certainly didn't go out of her way to do any "special" perks here.She gave us a bottle of water though.She was shopping online when we came in and I got the feeling like she was anxious to get back to it.It would have been a great place for younger kids to take a nap but for us, we didn't need to hang out there long.

We had reservations at 1:20 and I was nervous about being able to find the place in time.Fortunately we found it fairly easy(how hard could it be? It was IN the castle) They took our info and that went quickly.I was very greatful that this was all arranged by our wish granters and we didn't need to worry about paying for it too! Thanks Chrissy and Dena!!!!! We were quickly showed inside and there was CINDERELLA!!!!!!!! Cinderella or Bella as Hannah often refers to her, is Hannah's absolute favorite and her main part of her wish.Hannah tried to wait patiently for our turn to see her.(notice the gorgeous and perfect dress she was wearing for this occasion-compliments of Lisa)

While we were waiting a nice CM came over and started chatting with us.Logan was wearing his great outfit sent by Sally-who by the way also made the outfit Hannah was wearing earlier in the day.Logan's shirt said "Prince charming in training-Kisses welcome"So both the outfits were getting great compliments, and she was even calling over other CM's to show them.She asked if we had autograph books because she would slip them in between people so we had more time to spend with Cinderella.She noticed our great clipboard and tags right away.Karla had sent those to us.She said something about me being a scrapbooker and how cute the clipboard was.I told her about this board and all the DISboutiquers and she was quite amazed.Then before we knew it, it was our turn! Hannah was quite inpressed.She was in heaven meeting her beloved Bella.Logan actually completely fell in love and got a hug from her.This was the only character he allowed near him the whole trip! It was a fairly quick meeting but very satisfying.The kids were thrilled!!!! For a time I was dissapointed about this because you get one picture with Cindy.I chose to do a family pic and I hate the way I look in it(totally selfish but oh well.I had been wearing a hat and my hair looked awful when I took it off for the meal)I wished I had one good shot of Hannah alone, posed with her but I missed the oppertunity.I stewed about this for a few days but quickly got over myself.The kids were thrilled with the encounter and that is what matters.I also was able to crop one shot and got a cute one of Hannah and Cinderella's faces.Cinderella was lovely and quite beautiful I might add.She was the "real" Cinderella in all of our eyes.

Before we knew it they were calling our name to seat us for lunch.....

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #362
Katy Belle
DIS Veteran

Such a great report!! I've just read it from start to finish!

The whole thing is just heartwarming! All the love in all those outfits and all the love on your kiddos faces! What great memories you are creating for your beautiful children!

Looking forward to the rest!
Katy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #363
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Oh my....this made me cry! Sooo sweet and I just love the outfits!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #364
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

I didn't know there was a MAW lounge. That must be something new since my MAW days. What a great idea. Where is the lounge? Or is that a secret?

I am so glad that the main part of the wish went so well. The pictures are priceless.

Those outfits! Oh my! DISers made these for you? I haven't been on the MAW threads until now, so is this something that's common over here? What a great idea. And they are gorgeous.

I guess if I would find some time to go back and read from the start, I'd understand. I will sometime soon.

You are making me want to go back and volunteer to be a wishgrantor again. I still give money to MAW, but not time because I can't seem to find it. Maybe I'll dig up a little time somewhere! Katie would love to do it with me. She even mentioned it after last week.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Old 08-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #365
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
I didn't know there was a MAW lounge. That must be something new since my MAW days. What a great idea. Where is the lounge? Or is that a secret?

I am so glad that the main part of the wish went so well. The pictures are priceless.

Those outfits! Oh my! DISers made these for you? I haven't been on the MAW threads until now, so is this something that's common over here? What a great idea. And they are gorgeous.

I guess if I would find some time to go back and read from the start, I'd understand. I will sometime soon.

You are making me want to go back and volunteer to be a wishgrantor again. I still give money to MAW, but not time because I can't seem to find it. Maybe I'll dig up a little time somewhere! Katie would love to do it with me. She even mentioned it after last week.
Susan, The Make a wish Lounge is at the end of main street(near the castle) it's on the left right next to the first aide building.In fact they share the bathroom with them so it was completely deserted while we were there.There is one in Epcot also but we didn't get to see it because we were there after they closed it for the evening.It is a wonderful, quiet place to rest and regroup.It's also a perfect place for the kiddos who need to do medical stuff.

Yes, the DISers made the kids outfits! They made each of the kids and outfit for every day of our trip.We also had wonderful gifts of pressed penny tubes,scrapbook stuff, autograph tags and clipboard, even a bunch of activity books and stickers and such.Look for the DIS boutiquers thread in the family section.Many of them have a spot in their signatures that links to something called "the Big Give".They had chosen one other family and done a give, but we were the first Make a Wish family they chose.Since then they have gone on to do other make a wish families too.These people are an amazing, talented, generous group.I can't even begin to tell you how special we felt having gorgeous customs to wear on our trip.There are pictures of all the customs we recieved starting on page 6 of the trip report.
That is wonderful that you were a wish granter and still support them.I am looking to go back to work soon but hoping that I may have some time in the future to do some work with them.We will forever be greatful for this trip and I am hoping to pay it forward someday.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #366
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool

Heather Hearts Cpt. Hook!!!! Look out Paul!!

I'm so glad that Logan warmed up to at least ONE character. I LOVE that, "kisses welcome" !! Reminds me of all of Clays kiss prints

Hannah and Lily have something in common CINDERELLY!! Lily LOVERS her a lot. She is certainly her favorite princess. Lily was a little unsure of the characters though so we got a lot of the "@$$ out" hugs, like this

But here is Little's face when she FINALLY got to meet Cinderella

Not to hijack your TR, just thought you might like to see what our families look like too!!! I'm always excited to see what my online friends look like.

Keep the updates a comin'!!!
...t.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #367
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool

Sorry, I could've sworn I resized those!!

...t.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #368
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Cinderella's Royal Table

We were brought up a winding staircase to the dining room.The room itself was so beautiful and you really go the feeling you were dining in a castle.We had a wonderful, patient waitress.She was so pleasant and seemed real intent in making it a great experience.I had been a little concerned that the food would be to "fancy" for the kids liking but they did have the standard chicken fingers and fries so we were good to go! I ordered a wonderful roast beef dish in a burgandy sauce.Paul ordered the salmon but I think she heard him say "the same" because once it came out it was the same as mine.Paul didn't mind though because it was so delicious.There were four princesses that all came around t the tables, Jasmine, Belle, Snow White, and Sleeping beauty.They all spent a moment chatting, signing autographs and then posing for a picture.Snow White stayed the longest and was just wonderful.Hannah was once again, so excited by the whole thing.Logan-not so much. I think he was starving again(by now it was after 2:00, which is late for him to be eating lunch)But once his meal came he perked right up and seemed pretty happy again.

They gave Hannah a magic wand and Logan a magic sword.Then they had this little wishing ceremony where the kids make a wish and tap thier sword and wand to a little "wishing star" on the table.It was cute and they got a big kick out of it.They also got to keep the wand and sword.Logan picked at his food while Hannah chowed down.I took a lot of pictures but we were laughing so hard because Hannah was seriously cleaning her plate.The chicken nuggets were served with mashed potatoes, green beans and a garden salad.Hannah has always refused to eat all of those things before.She ate all of the potatoes and then started on the beans.She even ate the salad.By this time all the rest of us were finished but she continued to to eat.They cleared the table but she would not let them take her plate.We were laughing so hard that the man who cleared our table made a comment about it being the "pixi dust" that made her eat it all.I think maybe it was the fact that she was trying to impress the princesses.

I forgot to add that before we ordered the waitress asked if we had any dietary restrictions.Hannah cannot have dairy so the chef actually came out to the table and discussed what she could have.The kids were served ice cream for dessert and Hannah was able to have a raspberry sorbet.When the ice cream arrived Logan made a comment about the fact that he didn't care for the chocolate syrup on his and before we could say a word the waitress wisked it away and brought a plain one or him.The original one was quite cute-it even had a little chocolate shaped crown on it.Hannah finally got around to eating her sorbet.I didn't notice until later that she spilled some of it on her beautiful dress.I was feeling pretty sick about it , thinking it was ruined.Fortunately I had packed some shout wipes in our bag and attacked it right away.I had Hannah change back into her other beautiful outfit.Later that night I washed the dress back at the villa and the spot came out completely.I was so relieved!!!!! Finally we were ready to leave with two very happy kids.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #369
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-beri View Post
Heather Hearts Cpt. Hook!!!! Look out Paul!!

I'm so glad that Logan warmed up to at least ONE character. I LOVE that, "kisses welcome" !! Reminds me of all of Clays kiss prints

Hannah and Lily have something in common CINDERELLY!! Lily LOVERS her a lot. She is certainly her favorite princess. Lily was a little unsure of the characters though so we got a lot of the "@$$ out" hugs, like this

But here is Little's face when she FINALLY got to meet Cinderella

Not to hijack your TR, just thought you might like to see what our families look like too!!! I'm always excited to see what my online friends look like.

Keep the updates a comin'!!!
...t.
You are too funny!!! I always did have a thing for bad boys! Paul was jealous of Goofy too because he asked for a kiss!
Lily is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love these pics.What a little doll.We never did see Belle in her yellow gown, oh well, next time.I think Cinderella just has that magical effect on everyone.She is larger than life.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #370
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
I love this picture of the Hannah and Logan. Loving the trip report. It sounds like you've had a fabrulous time.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #371
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful meal at the castle. I think the outfits are darling.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 08-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #372
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I found the one thing that Hannah doesn't smile about...veggies!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #373
jham
DIS Veteran

Great update! I just LOVE MK and Cinderella's Castle The pictures are great. I love that Hannah cleaned her plate at CRT. That is too funny. Logan looks great in his prince charming outfit! Cinderella is not only Hannah's and T's Lily's favorite, she is also MY Lily's favorite. I can't believe Logan didn't want the chocolate crown my boys loved them! (I think they're kinda full though).

I just had to copy T and stick a picture of (some of) my kids in your TR

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 08-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #374
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
Great update! I just LOVE MK and Cinderella's Castle The pictures are great. I love that Hannah cleaned her plate at CRT. That is too funny. Logan looks great in his prince charming outfit! Cinderella is not only Hannah's and T's Lily's favorite, she is also MY Lily's favorite. I can't believe Logan didn't want the chocolate crown my boys loved them! (I think they're kinda full though).

I just had to copy T and stick a picture of (some of) my kids in your TR
I LOVE it! Isn't that Tessa's future husband I spy??? Logan refuses to eat chocolate. there must be something wrong with him.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #375
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

There's nothing wrong with Logan. Karlyn's mom, Lindsey, doesn't like chocolate. When she was little, the easter bunny always brought her a white chocolate bunny I don't understand it because I could (and probably do) live on chocolate 24/7! Besides I figure that leaves more for me.

Jeanne and t-beri, love the pics of your kids. I am sorry that we will not be getting to eat at the castle because all your pictures look too wonderful. Oh well, we're just happy that it is only 20 days left now! Do you think a count down calendar on the big window in my living room for all the world to see is a bit much? My husband told me he thought that was a little over the top!

Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: