Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #346
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Great pictures!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #347
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Here are a couple more:

Not everyone looks good in these but I love the characters.I did find you have to ask for them, not all the photopass people do them too.A couple of times we witnessed people before us doing the poses so I would just ask them if we could do it also.We found a couple of really fantastic and nice photopass people, they went out of their way to make the shots look great.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #348
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdisgrandma View Post
Thank you so much. Every so often, I just need a good cry and I got mine for the day with these pictures. What marvelous memories and beautiful pictures of your wonderful cute family. I hope we are able to have as many great experiences as you and Amy had with your families on your trips!

Denise
Wow, Denise.You know how to make ME cry.I just KNOW you are going to have a magical trip.I can just feel it.You are getting so close!

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #349
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
Here are a couple more:

Not everyone looks good in these but I love the characters.I did find you have to ask for them, not all the photopass people do them too.A couple of times we witnessed people before us doing the poses so I would just ask them if we could do it also.We found a couple of really fantastic and nice photopass people, they went out of their way to make the shots look great.

Oh Heather...she looks so happy. Makes me a little teary!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #350
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Oh Heather...she looks so happy. Makes me a little teary!
Thanks Kristine, she really was.The only way I can describe it all was pure magic.It has carried over at home too.Lately I have heard her in her room singing.She loves to sing along to the disney songs and I have never heard her do that before.I have to try to sneak and tape her.As soon as she sees me she stops.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #351
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Kristine, she really was.The only way I can describe it all was pure magic.It has carried over at home too.Lately I have heard her in her room singing.She loves to sing along to the disney songs and I have never heard her do that before.I have to try to sneak and tape her.As soon as she sees me she stops.
Oh that is so sweet! Maybe you have a little actress on your hands!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #352
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Epcot

After Logan did his little pass out session and got us worried we headed back to GKTW.Logan perked up a bit on the way home once we were in the air conditioning.We stopped on the way home at a 7-11 for our customary slurpy drink.Paul went in while I stayed outside with the kids.Logan decided he had to use the bathroom NOW.As soon as Paul came out I told him.I can't remember exactly why(I think the restroom was occupied) but I told Paul to take Logan out back of the building to relieve himself.I am not totally a heathen but he really had to go! The building backed up to farmland so it wasn't like anyone would see him.Paul came back in a hurry though because he said there were a few homeless people sleeping out there! That is somehting we don't see a whole lot of in upstate NY! We went back to the village and went directly to the pool.We had a few minutes of swimming and relaxing for once.That is the only issue-we didn't take much time to relax on this vacation-way too much to do! I took another look at the Epcot info and realized that the Future World area closed at 7:00!!! I started to panic a bit since I knew this was our only shot at Epcot.We jumped in the van and ran to a McDonald's drive through for dinner.We made it to Epcot at 6:00.We practically ran to The Living Seas with Nemo since our kids are huge Nemo fans.We didn't take any time to admire all the cool sculptures out front.We hopped on the ride.The kids loved riding in the little clamshells and were pretty impressed that the Nemo gang looked like they were swimming with real fish.We hopprd off that ride and debated about going to see Crush.We really wanted to but we also wanted to do the Soarin ride.Soarin won out.We hauled our butts to Soarin where we had a pretty short wait.We felt like we were running to make it before they closed.We also found getting there a bit confusing since this was our first time and had to take time to find the elevator too.

Notice Logan's cool outfit compliments of Shannon! (We got a couple of nice compliments on it from the CM's at the Nemo ride) Can I just say how much we LOVED this ride??? For those who have not done this: You sit in a seat and are strapped in like when you are in an airplane.Once the ride starts the seats lift up and you "fly" like you are hand gliding over different landscapes.It really is amazing.They blow air at you and even pipe in scents as you fly over orange groves.It was pretty funny at one point where you fly over a river with white water rafters and kyacks.Paul is a white water guide and a kyacker.Logan was yelling "hey-there's Dad!!!" Paul's brother paraglides so there were several scenes where you were flying with them.Logan once again was like "there is Uncle Brian!" It was so much fun and Hannah was begging to go again. By this time it was after 7:00 so I figured that all the rides would be shutting down.I was bummed but at least we had got the two rides in.Once we got off the ride Paul noticed they were still letting people on the ride "living with the land".So we hopped on that.It was not a thrill ride by any means but it was interesting.You ride in in this boat and they talk about conservation and show you greenhouses where they grow plants hydroponically(I am sure I spelled that wrong!) The kids liked the spot where they were molding a pumpkin to grow into a mickey head shape.

We had really wanted to do test track but we noticed that the ride was labeled as not running currently.About this time the sky was looking really black and we could see a storm heading our way.It looked like a doozy to me, there was a lot of lighning and thunder.I thought for sure we were going to get soaked and was getting a bit nervous.I needed new camera batteries so we ducked in a shop underneath the giant Epcot ball.We hung out there for a few minutes hoping the storm would pass.It didn't but it didn't exactly come right for us either.I was suprised that people were still wandering around and not acting real concerned about it.Where we live there are mountains surrounding us.When you see a storm you often get pummled with it.Paul pointed out that In Florida it is so flat that you can see all the weather all around you, even storms that are not heading your way.I guess I got worked up for nothing but I seriously was thinking about tornados and freaking out a bit in my head.It was well after 7:00 and we still dinn't understand how it was still open.A lot of things seemed to be running but yet there were places closed up.I don't really understand how it all worked but we just rolled with it.We did spot a character photo building and it was a doozy.We spotted Mickey mouse inside.Someone came out of the line saying it was an hour wait.Fortunately we had the handy dandy button and Paul too her right inside and boom-they ushered her right to the front of the line.Logan and I stayed outside and chatted.We had a fun time people watching.

Meanwile Hannah was hamming it up inside with a bunch of her freinds:

I thought Hannah looked especially cute in the beautiful tinkerbell dress that Angela made her.Paul said that Mickey gave Hannah a trading pin, even though she didn't have any to trade.Then she saw Minnie.They had a great "conversation" about Hannah's dress.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #353
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Pluto was next:

Then Goofy!

Finally Stich:

By this time it was getting pretty late.We would have loved to do the world showcase but we knew we had a big day coming up(Magic Kingdom) So we reluctantly agreed to call it a day.Paul returned the stroller and the kids and I fooled around a bit.

We did have one photopass taken on the way out.We all were hot, and tired but at least we got a family pic in front of the big ball.

We headed for the parking lot and as we were loading up the van, fireworks began.Paul climbed on top of the van with the video recorder and attempted to tape them.We watched for a bit and headed back to our home away from home.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:54 PM   #354
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so glad that you got to do at least part of EPCOT. I love it there. I love Hannah's Tink dress. She looks so darling and so happy. I bought that same fabric for Ibdamamma's little girl Mia a dress and when I finished Mia's dress, my granddaughter Raegan said "What you do with my Tink-o-bell frabic?" Off we went to get the frabic to make Raegan a dress just like Mia's. Now she wears it all the time except when Mama peels it off her body and puts it in the wash! Today Raegan called me and said "Gramma, you make me Mickey Mouse dress?" She is three and is already a clothes princess!

I am getting so excited by reading your report! I want to be there and I bet you do too! We go 3 weeks from today. I can't believe it!

Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #355
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool

WOW heather!!! Hannah looks like she is having sooo much fun!! Logan, less Thank you for taking the time to post such a great TR for us!!!! It looks like you were having a great time!

I am glad that Hannah likes her outfit. I really wished it were more elaborate but I thought it would be good for exactly what you used it for...stuffing in a bag as an emergency custom!!

...t.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #356
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-beri View Post
WOW heather!!! Hannah looks like she is having sooo much fun!! Logan, less Thank you for taking the time to post such a great TR for us!!!! It looks like you were having a great time!

I am glad that Hannah likes her outfit. I really wished it were more elaborate but I thought it would be good for exactly what you used it for...stuffing in a bag as an emergency custom!!

...t.
T- I think Hannah's outfit was perfect.It was cool and comfortable and beautiful.I actually planned it that way at Animal Kingdom. I knew that Kalli River rapids was going to be our second ride so I knew we would be getting wet.I brought it knowing she would want to change, and I didn't want a beautiful custom getting wet.I am so glad we got some good pictures of her and some characters in her outfit.She also asked me this morning if he could wear it to school.(school does not start for 2 more weeks!)

Old 08-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #357
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Wow Heather...does that little girl every stop smiling?!?! Looks like her wishes came true!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #358
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Magic Kingdom!!!!!!!!

It was finally magic kingdom day! We woke up and ran to breakfast at the village.I think we made it to MK at about 9:30.We had never been before so we were suprised that you had to ride the monorail into the park.Logan was especially excited about that.He had been asking about it all week so we were happy to let him ride.It was pretty crowded so all I could see was a little smidgen of his face.Paul has some video of it and all you can hear is Logan saying "look at that-SWEET!" Once inside we immediately saw Pinnochio and Ghepetto.Then we saw Horace and Clarabell.Hannah had no idea who the last two were but it made no difference to her!

We got our first good look at the castle and all Hannah could say was a very excited "WOW".I however found myself getting very emotinal and teary.This was something I have wanted to do my whole life and I could not believe we were finally here.It took me 37 years but we had finally made it! You really could feel the magic in the air.

We made our way up main street and found our first photopass photographer.She was so sweet to Hannah and took her time.There was a show going on at the castle steps and the photographer knew when the fireworks were going to go off.She captured them perfectly.This is one of my favorite photos of the trip.

We decided to head to adventureland.I had wanted to ride the Jungle cruise for as long as I can remember.I was not dissapointed in the least.The "skipper" was excellent.He told corny joke after corny joke.It was totally rediculous but I was having the time of my life.The ride itself was no thrill ride but the delivery made it fabulous.The jokes were lost on the kids but they loved the ride and seeing the "animals". I can see how the "skipper" can make all the difference in the enjoyment of the ride.

Once we were finished with that ride we decided to head to Pirates of the Carribean.I had originally thought the kids might be scared but they were proving to be braver than I had thought.We went to the fast pass line and they immediately called someone to help us.They brought us through a back entrance to the front of the line.I LOVED the ride. Mostly because I am a Pirates movie fan(in fact later at GKTW we were suprised by two pirates DVD's.)The kids thought is was ok.Hannah Loved the part where the guy is sleeping with the pigs.She giggled a lot and kept saying that it was gross. After we exited the ride we spotted a photopass guy and it looked like he was posing people with swords.I was excited because I knew what that meant!!! Captain Hook!

This picture makes me laugh because Hannah is like "whatever".It's hard to get them excited when you can't actually see Captain hook.
But we had no fear....Captain Hook and Smee were right across the way!

They were great with Hannah.The kids are big Peter Pan fans.We had a Peter pan themed birthday two year ago(In fact , most of thier birthday parties are Disney themed-Pooh, Nemo, Peter Pan,Jungle Book.You get the idea)Paul was standing off to the side kind of in back.He was video taping the whole thing.I didn't realize at the time that when I posed for a picture that I had placed my hand on Captain Hook's rear end.I didn't know it at the time because their costumes are so big I couldn't tell.I really hope that he didn't think I was trying to cop a feel. Paul was laughing so hard the camera was shaking.
To be continued...

Old 08-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #359
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

great update! I love how Hannah is just smiling all the time and so excited in almost every picture. You are right - you can just feel the magic. I wish I was back already and it hasn't even been a week for me.

I love the fireworks shot. That is a once-in-a-lifetime shot. In fact, I thought you had added the fireworks with Photopass at first and was wondering how I missed that option!

Your pictures (all of them) are just precious. It looks like your MAW trip was everything that it is intended to be. Memories to last a lifetime.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Old 08-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #360
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Wow Heather...does that little girl every stop smiling?!?! Looks like her wishes came true!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
great update! I love how Hannah is just smiling all the time and so excited in almost every picture. You are right - you can just feel the magic. I wish I was back already and it hasn't even been a week for me.

I love the fireworks shot. That is a once-in-a-lifetime shot. In fact, I thought you had added the fireworks with Photopass at first and was wondering how I missed that option!

Your pictures (all of them) are just precious. It looks like your MAW trip was everything that it is intended to be. Memories to last a lifetime.
You are both corect-it was truely magical and her wish really did come true.We will forever remember this trip as a once in a lifetime experience.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: