Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #316
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

Oh, Heather. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pics from DTD!!! We didn't get to go and I was so sad about that, but that is just one of those "to do next time" things. You took wonderful pics, though. I know you all must have had fun there. The Barbies!! The Legos!!! All the character sculptures (or whatever they are)!!!! Oh, how I would love to go there.

We LOVE the Rainforest Cafe!! We've eaten there from time to time and it is so much fun (if expensive). We have one here in our area of Texas that we've taken the kids to, and then Lance and I ate there for our first married meal in Las Vegas (where we got hitched). LOVE it!! I love their volcano desserts.

About DHS, it looks like you had a great time there, too!! I wasn't sure about all the characters, either. That middle one looked like the Snow Whitequeen to me, too. Is the tall one Jafar? Don't know the third one. From Alice, maybe? I SO enjoyed the villains playing their parts. I guess the only ones we ran into were the Cinderella gang. SO much fun. The twins didn't quite know what to think about them, though!!

You take wonderful pics! I can't wait to see more!!! I've been worried that I'm boring people with too many pics, but I love seeing all yours.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #317
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
Oh, Heather. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pics from DTD!!! We didn't get to go and I was so sad about that, but that is just one of those "to do next time" things. You took wonderful pics, though. I know you all must have had fun there. The Barbies!! The Legos!!! All the character sculptures (or whatever they are)!!!! Oh, how I would love to go there.

We LOVE the Rainforest Cafe!! We've eaten there from time to time and it is so much fun (if expensive). We have one here in our area of Texas that we've taken the kids to, and then Lance and I ate there for our first married meal in Las Vegas (where we got hitched). LOVE it!! I love their volcano desserts.

About DHS, it looks like you had a great time there, too!! I wasn't sure about all the characters, either. That middle one looked like the Snow Whitequeen to me, too. Is the tall one Jafar? Don't know the third one. From Alice, maybe? I SO enjoyed the villains playing their parts. I guess the only ones we ran into were the Cinderella gang. SO much fun. The twins didn't quite know what to think about them, though!!

You take wonderful pics! I can't wait to see more!!! I've been worried that I'm boring people with too many pics, but I love seeing all yours.
Amy, I am glad you like the pictures.In my book you can never have too many pics.If people don't want to look they will just skim through them.I LOVE to see them in your report.Ths was our first rip to the Rain Forest Cafe and have to say it did not dissapoint us! We LOVED it there.
As for the villans, I beieve that was Jafar, the snow white queen(Malificient?) and I think the queen of hearts from Alice in wonderland.I didn't think to get their autographs- I was too excited to think about it!(Now I am kicking myself!) I would have loved to see the Cinderella gang.We missed the toon town tent and the only other princesses she saw were Belle,Sleeping beauty,Jasmine and Snow white.We also saw Cinderella briefly at the Cinderella's royal table.This just makes me sick knowing we missed all that but Hannah does not know the difference and she was so happy with who she saw.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #318
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Day 4- Animal Kingdom Part 1

Tuesday morning we woke up bright and early and headed over to the gingerbread house for breakfast.After we ate we went to the corral area where they were having horseback riding that morning.The kids did pet the horses a bit but didn't want to ride them.I found myself so torn often at the village.There was so much to do there but we so didn't want to miss a minute of disney.We found that Disney stuff often won out over spending time at the village.

We packed up the van and headed to Animal Kingdom.We knew that there was no way we could do it all today because we had to split the day with Epcot. When we arrived ,before we even got inside the gates, we spotted a whole bunch of characters.The cast members were all so nice and took Hannah right to the front for every meet.We saw Pocohantas first and she was incredibly sweet.Paul laughed so hard when she wanted to know if he was Hannah's "chief".

We went on the see Meeko, Flik,Rafiki,and Timon.Hannah was in heaven.

Then we spotted Chip and Dale!!!! I was so happy because we had passed up a meet with them the day before when the cast member made us wait in the hot sun.I LOVE chip and Dale.They were so cute!I totally got a kick out of the fact that Dale signs his name with a little acorn.

We had not even made it in the gates yet and already it was shaping up to be quite a day.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #319
HeatherSue

I can't believe all the characters you saw at Disney Studios! I've never seen those characters there! Lucky!!!

Isn't Downtown Disney wonderful? It's shopping heaven to me!

Wow, look at all the characters you've already seen at Animal Kingdom! I love how they have them a bunch of them when you walk in. The lines aren't usually too long there, either! It gets you right into that Disney mode!

Last edited by HeatherSue; 08-17-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #320
bushdianee
I had a water fun day planned
I tend to buy way too many t-shirts when I visit WDW

subbing. I recently took my 2yo Dniece to WDW and loved the experiencing Disney for the first time through a child's eyes. We've been back almsot 2 months and she still talks about what she did and saw all of the time. I can't wait until I can take her back again!
Old 08-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #321
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

I'm having another jealous moment!!! We didn't get to see Pocahontas her friend, and we didn't get to see any Lion King characters, either!!! And I wanted a pic with Chip and Dale together! Hannah looks so, so cute with all of them!!!

We were so torn between GKTW and WDW also. We never made it to the corral. I'm banking on spending an entire day at GKTW next time we are in Orlando, and then we'll do all the stuff we didn't get to do while we were there, including playing putt-putt. It'll be easier and more calming to hang out there when we don't have free passes to the parks. I want to hear more about your AK day!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #322
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
I can't believe all the characters you saw at Disney Studios! I've never seen those characters there! Lucky!!!

Isn't Downtown Disney wonderful? It's shopping heaven to me!

Wow, look at all the characters you've already seen at Animal Kingdom! I love how they have them a bunch of them when you walk in. The lines aren't usually too long there, either! It gets you right into that Disney mode!
Wow, the chatacter meets really do seem to be rather random.I am dissapointed we didn't see some-but counting our blessings we did see so many-that was really what Hannah enjoyed the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushdianee View Post
subbing. I recently took my 2yo Dniece to WDW and loved the experiencing Disney for the first time through a child's eyes. We've been back almsot 2 months and she still talks about what she did and saw all of the time. I can't wait until I can take her back again!
Isn't it so much fun to experience it through their eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
I'm having another jealous moment!!! We didn't get to see Pocahontas her friend, and we didn't get to see any Lion King characters, either!!! And I wanted a pic with Chip and Dale together! Hannah looks so, so cute with all of them!!!

We were so torn between GKTW and WDW also. We never made it to the corral. I'm banking on spending an entire day at GKTW next time we are in Orlando, and then we'll do all the stuff we didn't get to do while we were there, including playing putt-putt. It'll be easier and more calming to hang out there when we don't have free passes to the parks. I want to hear more about your AK day!
We never even saw the mini golf! I would love a day to go back to GKTW!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #323
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Animal Kingdom -part 2

Oncw were inside the gates we went and rented our stroller.We knew that we wanted to do the Kilimanjaro Safari in the morning since we heard that the animals were more active then.I really have no memory for the que line there but do remember we had NO wait.I think some behind us had to wait for a new vehicle to arrive but we walked right on to it.The kids LOVED it.I know we have all seen elephants and such before but it really was a thrill for all of us.I think it was just so much fun to buy into the whole story of the poachers and the bridge that seems like it will fall apart.We all got a big kick out of it.I think it makes a big difference who your driver is too.(we had a nice one, unlike poor Heather Sue!)

On our way into the safari we had spotted the stands that do face painting.I wasn't sure that Hannah would want to have hers done.Once I showed her the cool designs though she was all over that.This is the first time she has allowed anyone to paint her face and she LOVED it.This was a really special moment for us.The woman was SO nice to Hannah and that really helped.I will always remember how she treated Hannah.She actually worked quite fast and I was suprised at how skilled she was.The face painting cost $15.00. Any other day I probably would have balked at how much it was, but since it was Hannah's wish trip I wanted her to experience new things we would not normally do.Besides, the face paint was so cool it was worth every penny.I went to pay the woman and she refused my money!She said that wish kids do not pay or the face painting.Another magical moment for us!Hannah was just so pleased with it.Logan once again, wanted nothing to do with it.He really is going through this shy phase in certain situations.I took a lot of pictures, but it was one of those really happy moments.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #324
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Look at how gorgeous she looks!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #325
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

We started walking a bit and then spotted Baloo and King Louie!!! We adore the Jungle book.The kids had a Jungle book themed birthday party a few years back.Their playroom is even decorated in a jungle theme and we have a giant snake(Kaa) hanging from the ceiling.Logan admired them from afar while Hannah went to have a chat with them.

We started walking up the path and stopped for some cute photo pass pictures(I can't wait to show you all!!!). A little ways a long I spotted something quite neat, DiVine!!!!!!!! Now I am not sure if you all know who she is or not.I don't know if she is out all the time but I do have a friend who goes every year-she had no idea who DiVine is! I had seen a travel channel show with her so I knew who she was! I so wish I had gotten better pictures but the encounter happened so fast.She is this woman that is on stilts.She is covered with vines and grapes.She moves so fluidly that she really looks like a plant.It is really a beautiful sight to see.She was hanging on this lamp post on the other side of the path.She must have spotted Hannah's button because she quickly crossed the path and came right over to us.She very gracefully reached down and touched the tip of Hannah's nose with one of her vines.It was a very cool moment and happened so quickly and then she was gone, working her way away from us down the path.

We made our way to the Kali River rapids.The kids were quite excited as they hd never been on a water ride before.They were also excited because Paul is a white water rafting guide and they wanted to do what Daddy does.(ok not quite the same but close in their eyes)I had the forethought to take our sneakers off and put our flip flops on.I didn't want to walk around in wet sneakers all day.I thought about putting our rain ponchos on, but couldn't really stomach the thought of putting hot plastic on us.It was incredibly hot at that point.They sent us through the fast pass line and our wait was very quick.I had purchased a water proof disposable camera before we left and was so glad I remembered it.This is us at the beginning of the ride:

Then we saw this huge waterfall coming!

Then there was the big drop and at the end you get soaked!

This is what we looked like after! Paul does not look too wet because he has no hair ,but believe me we were soaked to the skin.It felt pretty darn good though!

Hannah was begging me to go again before the ride even ended.We all LOVED this ride.I am not one to like to be wet, but I really didn't care at this point.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #326
vdarrell
DIS Veteran

Heather....I am truly loving your trip report ,you are blessed with a beautiful family.
I am enjoying sharing your trip with you thank you.Your children are so cute and so are the outfits the wonderful dis friends made for them.

Waiting to read more.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #327
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Heather,
I love the pictures. Hannah's face painting is incredible. She looks so happy. I love Kali River Rapids but then I love Splash Mountain. I guess I just adore water but don't make me do TOT!

I am getting so excited. Each time I read a report or look at the pictures, I make a note so we won't forget something that would be fun. Of course, everything will be fun. I want to do it ALL. Well, almost all.

Thanks again for sharing.
Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #328
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Such a wonderful trip report! I absolutely love the picture of Hannah in her face paint. I cannot wait for more!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Jan15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #329
bellasmommy0
DIS Veteran

It looks like you all had a great trip, Hannah looks so happy in ALL of the pictures!! I cant wait to hear more about it.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #330
jham
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
Wow! She looks sooooo beautiful! The whole face painting story made me cry. I really love AK. It is a close second to MK in my book. Of course we don't go when it is really hot so that probably helps!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: