Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #286
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

I am loving your trip report. Hannah's expression says it all, doesn't it. What absolute joy! I am thinking ice cream for breakfast sounds like a wonderful idea!

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940

4 night Wonder Cruise- July '07
Nathan's MAW trip to WDW- Nov '08
7 night NYE Magic Cruise- Dec '09
4night/5night back to back Dream Cruise followed by 6days at WDW-June '11
Disneyland- over 12 times and counting
Old 08-13-2008, 06:16 AM   #287
bex271
Mouseketeer

I too am loving your report. Hannah is sooo cute and i love her smile with pluto. She looks sooo happy. I can't wait to see the pictures of Logan and Cinderella.

becca
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #288
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Hollywood Studios

After breakfast we went back to our villa and changed clothes.We all hopped in the van and took off for our first disney day.We were all quite excited.This is our very first look at the Disney sign and there was lots of cheering when we saw it.

Every morning when we would pack up the van ,Hannah would grab that rolling princess suitcase and pack it for the day with all her stuffed animals she had with her.It always took about five minutes of convincing her she didn't (or rather shouldn't) bring it into the parks with us.Then it led to her unpacking it and setting them all up in the seat AND buckling thier seatbelts.With Hannah it's better to just let her do her thing instead of trying to make her do it our way.It's kind of funny now but at the time it was very hard to be patient when there were parks to be explored!This is our first look at the big hat.It may get old to people who have seen it all before but to us it was really quite a sight!We found a photopass guy and had our first family pic taken.I don't have these back yet but will have to just show all those pics later.Right after that we saw a character greeting for Chip and Dale.Those chipmunks are on my top 10 list.I LOVE Chip and Dale.The kids however have no idea who they are! Before we left I tried to find a video with them in it and had no luck.This is where we ran into our only grumpy cast member.I asked her if Hannah could see the characters and she replied that Hannah would have to wait in the line like everyone else.Now I realize she didn't have to let us in the front of the line and I do not wish to act like a spoiled brat about this.The GKTW button says that it allows front of the line for rides but does not HAVE TO allow front of the line for character meets.I understood but was dissapointed.Hannah simply could not wait in the sun to see them so we opted to move on. Before too long we spotted Donald Duck.We got in that line since it was not too long.A cast member came over to us and pulled us out of line and took us to the front.He told me not to wait in line and always find a cast member and they should allow us front of the line(I wish he would have a talk with that other woman!)Hannah had a good time clowning with him and we got an autograph.Logan is absent from this pic as he was staying way clear of this action!

We walked over to the area where the new Toy story mania ride is and across the street there was a meet with Woody and Buzz! This is one of Hannah's favorite movies.The meet was inside a building and we couldn't find a cast member so we got in the line that was outside.We waited for about 10 minutes in the sun and then decided that she just couldn't handle the wait.I was super dissapointed but we had no choice(don't worry it turns out ok).So we went across the street to the new ride. The line wait was saying it was about 70 minutes.YIKES! Luckily as we walked right up to the fast pass line a cast member saw us and ushered us right inside.We went to the wheelchair line.We did wait about 20 minutes here but it went really fast.The way they board people here is amazing.They have a way of taking apart the ride cart to accomidate wheelchairs.Honestly just watching the whole process was amazing and we hardly noticed the wait.The people were super nice inside to boot.The wait area is really cute and decorated with huge toys.It looks like Andy's room from Toy Story.This is Logan studying the map while waiting.He was convincedhe needed to wear the 3-d glasses the whole time.

When we got on the ride Hannah did freak out a little bit but once it started she LOVED it.If you have not done this ride yet-DO IT! It is fun for all ages.You use this blaster gun to hit targets in a carnival ride like setting.It is all toy story themed of corse.There are some targets that you hit and they blast off and they blow a puff of air at you.That combined with the 3-d glasses feels like it's flying right at you.All 4 of us LOVED this ride and Hannah was begging for more when we got off.

We exited the ride and walked just a bit until we spotted Lighning Mc Qween and Mater!!! Cars is Logan's favorite movie in the world.He was super excited especially since they spotted Hannah's button and stopped the line to let us sneak in.

I have much better photopass pics of this too.I love how the cast members will grab your camera for you and snap shots for you too.I did notice that all of the cast members were calling Hannah "princess".Kind of makes you feel good and I know Hannah felt special.The CM's also noticed Logan's cars outfit(thank you Jeanne!)they made lots of nice comments about it(and we also had some nice ones about Hannah's too)It was a special moment for our family.Everyone was so excited!
Then we walked around a bit and spotted the Muppets 3-D show.The kids don't know the muppets too much but Paul and I grew up on them and still watch them whenever we can catch them.I LOVE the muppet show.The kids were getting pretty hot and hungry by now so we decided to do the show later on in the day.I did snap a shot of the fountain out front and a CM was blowing bubbles with the kids.

We walked over to one open air resturant(I can't remember the name) but didn't spot anything the kids would like ,so we decided to take a look around for something else.We walked down one street and saw this cool landscape.
After walking a bit more the kids spotted this:

Once they saw this it was all over with.If you have never seen the movie toy story this is the place where Andy goes with his family.So we went inside and found a seat while I went and ordered.We got our food fairly quickly and chowed down.I scraped the cheese off for Hannah (she is lactose intolerant) and she happily ate the the rest.It was hard to get Logan to eat as he was eyeing all of the video games.The kids loved the place but for me I found it a little overstimulating.It was loud and crazy! The pizza was suprisingly good though.

After we ate we did let Logan play a couple of games while we finished up.

After lunch we headed back to the muppets 3-D show.

The CM's ushered us right inside with no wait.The Que area was really cute and the kids were giggling already.The show was really cute and this was our first show at Disney. We were quite impressed.The show was really good.After the show we explored our first gift shop.

Up next:
Hollywood studios-Part 2

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #289
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Fun update! Pizza Planet is a big hit with my child too!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #290
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=HeatherN;26889174]
[QUOTE/]
i love this picture of hannah . she is so beautiful and her smile lights up the room. and my son agrees with logan. he thinks toy story pizza planet is the best restaurant in disney.
i love your updates. your trip report is great
Old 08-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #291
jham
DIS Veteran

Great update! I'm so glad Logan got lots of attention in his Cars outfit! Now that I think of it, this is the first time I've seen one of my Big Give outfits in the parks! I was just folding the leftover fabric from that outfit today and wondering if there was enough left to make an outfit like that for Luke. Logan makes it look good! I can't wait to find out if Hannah gets to meet the Toy Story characters! The new ride looks fun! I'm glad they have it at Disneyland too. I can't believe that CM was so rude to you!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 08-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #292
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

[QUOTE=kimmylaj;26902524]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post

[QUOTE/]
i love this picture of hannah . she is so beautiful and her smile lights up the room. and my son agrees with logan. he thinks toy story pizza planet is the best restaurant in disney.
i love your updates. your trip report is great
Thank you so much.We think she is beautiful too but I am supposed to, I am her mom! I wish you could all know her in person though, that is where her true beauty is.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #293
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
Great update! I'm so glad Logan got lots of attention in his Cars outfit! Now that I think of it, this is the first time I've seen one of my Big Give outfits in the parks! I was just folding the leftover fabric from that outfit today and wondering if there was enough left to make an outfit like that for Luke. Logan makes it look good! I can't wait to find out if Hannah gets to meet the Toy Story characters! The new ride looks fun! I'm glad they have it at Disneyland too. I can't believe that CM was so rude to you!
I am glad you got to see the outfit in action.Logan LOVES it.He was so excited to wear it that day and actually wore it yesterday at home to. That cast member wasn't exactly rude- but I would say she was less than helpful!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #294
mytwotinks
It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one out there who can't keep themselves from saying extremely stupid things!
I am going to start carrying a shovel with me to dig a hole so I can hide in

I'm really enjoying your trip report!

Hannah looks like she is in heaven every time she is near a character! Logan, maybe not so much. He looks cute in his cars outfit though!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #295
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Holywood Studios Part 2

After we fooled around in the gift shop we headed over to the Honey I shrunk the kids play area.The kids loved it however I hated it.It was an anxiety nightmare for me.(did I mention I have issues!) There were about a million screaming kids running around and it was super hard to keep track of the kids.Logan and Paul went on the giant climbing rope thingy.Hannah ran in and out of the caves.I would run in after her and it was so dark and the ceilings were low.I kept bumping my head and Hannah would often head out a different exit from where I thought she was going.I only took one picture in there because I was starting to get really nervous we would loose one of the kids.I also started thnking about all the thousands of hands touchng everything and all of the germs.I am not exactly germ phobic but I do have more thoughts about this than most.Hannah has a more fragile immune system and picks up every cold virus there is.That always turns into a ordeal of sinus infections and antibiotics that she is becoming resistant to.Well you get the idea.Ironically Hannah never got sick on this trip but Logan sure did!(nothing too major but he did come down wth a cold).Here is the one picture I took.

So I rounded them up in a hurry and we headed out.We found a neat little snack cart . I think it was called Herbies or something like that.It was modeled after Herbie the Love Bug movie.We got a couple of frozen slushies and this time didn't have to take out a second mortgage to purchase them.(I think they were about $3.00 here!)We wanted to catch the Lights, Motor , action show.I really was thinking it would not be that interesting to me and Hannah.I wanted to do this show because I knew Paul and Logan would love it.Logan was always so patient waiting for Hannah during the character meets and this would be something important to him.He is obsessed with cars.We went in through the handicapped entrance and were ushered to seats very quickly.The show was a very pleasant suprise.We all loved it.It was very entertaining.I found myself on the edge of my seat and Hannah really got into it too.We were making the kids drink a lot though as it was super hot.I was getting worried that they would get heat exhaustion if they didn't drink.We used our spray misters a lot during that show.Thank goodness it as in a covered pavillon though.

After the show we headed back to the Toy story area. I noticed that Woody and Buzz were going to be appearing again in a half and hour. I was tempted to get in line and wait but it was just too hot.So we headed over and found the Voyage of the Little mermaid show.The show was great and so cool inside.Hannah loved it, Logan thought is was ok.I however was stewing inside about those darn Toy story characters.I really wanted Hannah to meet them. They are among her favorites and she also had on her beautiful Bullseye dress.After the show we went outside and someone had moved our stroller.I started to get worried but we finally located it in the sea of other strollers.I asked Paul to just walk over to the Toy Story area one more time.We did and I spotted a HUGE line again.I was pretty bummed until I saw a CM near the end of the line.We walked closer to him and he spotted Hannah's button before we could even say anything.He asked if the Princess wanted to see Woody and Buzz.Wow.Here I was stewing about it for the longest time and now we were given a wonderful oppertunity.He ushered us right in through the exit and right in to see them.I really often worried if the people in line were upset at us but they always seemed to understand.I know the CM's would ask them to wait and expained the situaton.The always seemed ok with it and several seemed like they were happy to see it.Woody and Buzz were wonderful.Hannah was just in heaven.She hugged them and talked with them and they signed autographs.The photo pass pictures are just fabulous of this , I can't wait to post those.Woody looked at Hannah's neat Bullseye outfit and he made a heart sign in the air and pointed to Hannah's dress.Then he pointed to his own heart.The CM was gushing over it too.She was saying that they don't see many Bullseye outfits and this one was exceptionally cute.(Thank you Heather Sue!!!!) This interaction was one of the highlights for Hannah.She left the area just giggling with excitment.(Hannah always insisted that I get in the photos with her.Photo pass has most of the ones with her alone.In my pics she often has her arm extended and that is because she is introducing all of her family to the characters!)

Part 3- to be continued.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #296
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Heather! Wow, you are going to town on your TR!!!

I am so with you about the lice thing! As soon as you said dress up clothes, I was thinking "Lice!"

We haven't been to Sea World in quite some time, we need to do that again some year. You guys look like you were having so much fun!!!

I love seeing the Bullseye dress in the parks!!! Heather did such a great job on that! I'm so glad that Hannah got to meet Woody and Buzz while she was wearing it!

I can't wait to read more!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #297
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Random question...is there a new "Toy Story area" because of the ride? Toy Story charcters used to meet outside Al's Toy Barn, which was to the right of Muppet's 3D when you exited. Is it not there anymore? This looks like a soundstage of some kind???
Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #298
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Random question...is there a new "Toy Story area" because of the ride? Toy Story charcters used to meet outside Al's Toy Barn, which was to the right of Muppet's 3D when you exited. Is it not there anymore? This looks like a soundstage of some kind???
I am calling it the Toy story area because i wasn't sure what it was officially called.I just looked at the map again and it's official name is Pixar Place.Woody and Buzz were in the building directly across from Toy Story Mania.The line winds around inside and out of the building and they have a glass window so you can see inside.It is air conditioned in there and is a room built just for them.I am not sure if it is new since this is our first trip.I did look on the map and it does not appear that there are any character meets near Muppets 3-D so they must have moved it there.I never did find Al's Toy barn when we were there and it does not seem to be listed on the map.I will see if I can scan a copy of the new map for you.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:12 AM   #299
HeatherSue

I tend to take notes as I'm reading trip reports so I remember what I was going to say. So, bear with me!

I'm loving your report!!!

I feel for Hannah being nervous about new things. I understand that feeling completely!

The story of the kids that were adopted from the Ukraine really touched my heart. I really wanted to adopt Ukrainian angels of my own (I did a lot of research on it), but Henry was not convinced.

The pressed penny machine in the bathroom story is priceless!

I am askeered of sharks!!! REALLY askeered!!!!! I went through that tunnel when I was a kid and I was terrified!

"I just need to throw a fit for a while" I understand that feeling, also!

I would NOT be eating fish next to a shark tank...just sayin'....

Your hubby is a handsome guy and you're quite pretty yourself!

I'm sorry about your cousin

I know what you mean about not being in your vacation pics! Most of the pictures of me are taken by me!

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the picture of Hannah and Pluto. That is one happy girl!

I love that Logan was as far away from Mickey as humanly possible in the family pic!

I always think of lice whenever I see pics of people trying on hats at Disney!

I always tear up when I see the Disney sign!

Hannah looks so cute on the Toy Story ride!! I haven't been on it yet, but I can't wait to try it when we go in February.

How cool that you put the Bullseye outfit I made on Hannah on the same day as the Cars outfit that Jeanne made. Our kids are engaged to be married, you know (Tessa and Luke)!

I also hate the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. My kids have never gotten to play in it because I freak out if I can't see them!

Oh, you made my day by saying how much the Toy Story characters fussed over Hannah's dress! I now have fingerprints all over my screen from when the kids saw the Buzz and Woody pictures! Tessa also keeps asking me when I'm making her a Bullseye dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
You make me laugh! I will get right on it!
Please, don't encourage her!!!
Although, she does have a super-cool siggy now!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #300
mom2aiden
Mouseketeer

Great updates! I love Hannah's face in her pictures with Pluto..you can see how excited she is. Logan seems like such a great brother, being so patient..you've done such a great job!
October 2013 Boardwalk Villas

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: