Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2008, 10:33 PM   #16
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum View Post

OK, maybe I should be embarrassed by this Canadian's geography knowledge, but I'm curious. What qualifies as the foothills of the Adirondacks? We spend 5-6 days every summer with dear friends who have a cottage on Upper Saranac Lake...what beautiful, beautiful country it is! We've been sharing this time with them for over 20 years, since we were all new graduates, and over the years we have married, built careers, had children and now we all go with our families. Everyone helps us with our son's needs, and it has become such a special time for us.

Looking forward to a sunset on the lake...and to a Wish trip to WDW!!!
Don't be embarrased! What I mean by this is that we don't live in the mountains but just at the edge of the mountain area.If we drive north 10 minutes it starts to become Mountainous.The Adironadacks have 46 high peak mountains.(In fact my brother in law is climbing every single on of them and has two more to go!)I don't now if you have ever heard of Lake George, it's pretty popular with tourists-anyway we live very close to that.Saranac lake isn't too far and it's beautiful there.That sounds like a heavenly place to vacation.Even though we live here year round the area never ceases to amaze me with it's beauty.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 06-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #17
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Update

Waiting for your next update.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #18
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Hi Bill welcome back!

Ok, been rather quiet here lately so I will fill you in on what has been going on. Life has been really crazy busy for us lately.School has been winding down for Hannah(she has two days left) I am however thinking she may miss those last two days as she has a HORRIBLE cold and fever.Hannah's immune system is a bit more fragile than most so she seems to pick up all kinds of lovely viruses.I spent most of last night up with her as she couldn't breath through her nose and therefore can't wear her CPAP mask.Withough the mask she tosses and turns all night and it's not pretty. I am sure she will be on the mend real soon.
I have still been Disney obsessing.I still am in search of the perfect shoes.I have a heal spur in my foot that hurts a lot when walking.It's been feeling pretty good lately but I can imagine all that walking...I bought a pair of sneakers but have to take them back as they hurt my feet in five minutes of wearing them around the house. I have also been working on an autograph book. I know I can just buy the basic book but am a big scrapbooker. I want to be able to have the character autographs and then scrapbook them with their pictures.I have been having a good time on the creative board section searching for the perfect pages and I think I finally found them.Now I have to print them all out. I must have spent 20 minutes the other night in Walmart looking for the perfect pen for autographs.I want a small felt tip marker but didn't want it to bleed through, and also was looking for a fat pen so they could actually hold it well. Finally I found THE pen but it was skinny. I bought some cute plastic pencil grips and wrapped the pen so now it's fat and easy to hang onto.Paul kept shaking his head like I was crazy.Then next day he came home from work and said he was sorry for looking at me weird..his work buddy who has been to Disney several times told him I was not nuts! I guess if it comes from his work friends he will assume it's actually important and not just me being obsessive.
Logan is over the moon because our neigbor gave him a gameboy advance video game.We are going to make a little trip this afternoon and pick up some games for him. I know this will keep him occupied on the plane.It's only a three hour direct flight so I am not too worried about it.It's the kids first plane ride so they will probably be pretty occupied with the whole newness of it.

Well, I am sure I will get back to obsessing over Disney soon. This week should be busy though. My 20 year high school reunion is this coming weekend and I am on the planning committee.Also my best friend in the world is moving away to North Carolina next week. We had a going away party for them last night and I am still holding back the tears.Oh well life goes on. I am so thankful that we have this wonderful trip to look forward to.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 06-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #19
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Autograph Books

We found the books we bought at WDW to be far too small to hold all the signatures we collected. We ended up tearing out the photo slips on some of the pages to use them as well. I recommend a thicker book.... how about a thicker sticker book...

It should still be not to tall or wide so you will have it handy. A Disney themed pen is also a nice feature.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #20
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Lin View Post
We found the books we bought at WDW to be far too small to hold all the signatures we collected. We ended up tearing out the photo slips on some of the pages to use them as well. I recommend a thicker book.... how about a thicker sticker book...

It should still be not to tall or wide so you will have it handy. A Disney themed pen is also a nice feature.
The pages I found , I am going to print in a 4x6 page.There is a page for each character to sign.It's a lot of pages but I am pretty happy with them.I am also going to print some blank pages in case I missed anyone but should be ok. I will try to post a pic when I finally print them out.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #21
revrob
A Custom Fairy

Can't wait to hear of all the magic of your trip!

subbing!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:56 PM   #22
jham
DIS Veteran

I'm in for the ride too! Your kids are beautiful! Your first trip! I love hearing about first trips!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 06-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #23
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
Then next day he came home from work and said he was sorry for looking at me weird..his work buddy who has been to Disney several times told him I was not nuts! I guess if it comes from his work friends he will assume it's actually important and not just me being obsessive.

Well, I am sure I will get back to obsessing over Disney soon. This week should be busy though. My 20 year high school reunion is this coming weekend and I am on the planning committee.Also my best friend in the world is moving away to North Carolina next week. We had a going away party for them last night and I am still holding back the tears.Oh well life goes on. I am so thankful that we have this wonderful trip to look forward to.
My husband is the same way. Somehow if the information comes from anyone else, it must be true!

So sorry to hear your best friend is moving away. My best friend moved away a while back, but we're still really close.

Have fun at the reunion!!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #24
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Hannah did end up missing the last two days of school. I took her into the Dr yesterday and she ended up having a sinus infection, Pink eye and strep throat. I knew something was wrong when she didn't want to eat for three days.Believe me that child does not miss a meal! She is on antobiotic now and should be feeling better soon I hope. I was also concerned because she is scheduled for Oral surgery next week.She has to have seven of her baby teeth pulled.Hannah does not loose her baby teeth easily.Her permanent teeth grow in too and there is no room for anything.She ends up with "rows" of teeth.So her dentist was holding out as long as possible hoping they would fall out on their own...no such luck.After they pull them they will be placing spacers which look like retainers on the roof of her mouth and also the bottom.Hopefully this will guide the teeth into the open spaces and make her bite straight.I am a little nervous for this procedure,it should be no big deal but it's her first procedure where she will be awake and not done in the OR.(they are doing it in the office) I guess she will be eating lots of popsicles for the forth of July! I am just glad we are getting this done now and not too close to our trip. I can help but wonder how she will react.She is usually very good at the dentist but she did bite his mirror once and broke it in half! The last time they tried to do an impression she bit down so hard it drew blood on the hygenist's finger.I felt so bad but she didn't do it to be mean, she was not liking it! After assuring the hygenist that Hannah has had all her rabies shots all was good! They hygenist realized that she shouldn't have had her fingers there but I still felt horrible.They usually give her versed before her surgeries and it makes her act like a drunken sailor.Fun times! I will keep you all posted.

Last edited by HeatherN; 07-01-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #25
Iluvmickeymouse!
Proud mama to a DD who beat HLH

I finally made my way over here!!!! Sorry it took so long...been kinda crazy latley! Great job on your Pre-TR!!! Can't wait for more!!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #26
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Subbing!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #27
Twins+2more
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear about the entire trip. Your family looks great. Hannah is a doll.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #28
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
My husband is the same way. Somehow if the information comes from anyone else, it must be true!

So sorry to hear your best friend is moving away. My best friend moved away a while back, but we're still really close.

Have fun at the reunion!!
I finished reading your trip report and was almost peeing my pants reading it. I LOVE your sense of humor.At first I was like, no one can hate Disney, but then realized your hubby is probably a big push over just like mine.Paul likes to talk big but he is really a pussycat.I am happy that he does admit he is going full on disney tourist this trip.I think he really wants to get caught up in the magic too even though he may not admit it yet.I wish you could have seen his face when I told him I had applied to Make a Wish.He tries not to get too excited about things until they actually happen-but this time the grin did not go away for a long time.

Thanks about my friend.It will be really hard but we will always be close.I used to do daycare for her kids and I am godmother to one of them-it's going to be difficult watching them grow up in pictures.I guess it will just give me an excuse to plan vacations from now on.They go to Disney every year.Maybe once we save every spare penny we can meet them there...I sense another trip in the making....I have not even been yet and I am already plotting on how to get us all back there!

Old 06-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #29
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Ok all, I need your help. When we return home I plan on taking our pictures and making a slideshow of them.I often use the site Onetruemedia.com and they usually come out really nice. That way I can send it to family members out of state and they can get a little glimse of what our trip was like.I need help with the music choices.So far I have thought of "when you wish upon a star". I am looking for songs that are related to wishing or magic.Something that will convey how special this trip will be.Disney music is great but it does not have to be.Any suggestions?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #30
revrob
A Custom Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
Ok all, I need your help. When we return home I plan on taking our pictures and making a slideshow of them.I often use the site Onetruemedia.com and they usually come out really nice. That way I can send it to family members out of state and they can get a little glimse of what our trip was like.I need help with the music choices.So far I have thought of "when you wish upon a star". I am looking for songs that are related to wishing or magic.Something that will convey how special this trip will be.Disney music is great but it does not have to be.Any suggestions?
"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" - talks of dreaming, wishing AND it's CINDERELLA! There are lots and lots of versions of the song too!

Let me look through my itunes and I'll come back if I find some more sugestions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: