Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

First DVC Family Vacation w/out the whole family? Sept '09 Pre-Trip Report

A week away from our arrival at the World and after many requests from my fellow family Disney addicts the pre-trip report begins!

Me TinkerChelle

I am a disney fantatic! My first trip was in 2000 with my partner, Amy. Amy had been going to Disneyworld since she was a young girl and new the magic I would encounter but did not know that she would unleash my inner disney fantatic!
Auntie Joni and Amy (my DP)

Joni is on the left and Amy is on the right. Unfortunately, on this trip Amy won't be joining us! Yes...my heart is broken, but alas she cannot change her vacation time at this point, so I will be without my hunny bunny! We actually thought she would be pregnant at this point, therefore; she did not take this week off for vacation. She just did not want to go to Disney pregnant. Something about not being able to ride roller coasters, yada yada yada! Well, she is not pregnant and unable to now get the time off from work. We'll miss her!
Joni loves all things Disney except ToT and parades. I have a photo that is priceless which totally proves this point but I value the use of my fingers and she might break one if I actually posted that photo on the internet! I promise to try to not watch too many parades but gosh that is sooo hard for me!?!
Gordie my #1 nephew

He graduated from 8th grade in June and this trip is actually his 8th grade graduation gift. He is now a freshman in High School and little too cool for his ownself but I think a Disney trip might remind him how fabulous we (his family) is to hang out with...maybe? I still don't see how I am uncool! I'm the Auntie!!!
Here we are during MNSSHP 2007:

The tall man in the middle is the Uncle/Dad/Papa. He is the man with the DVC points! The points he gladly shares with the rest of us. He is so generous that we are using points for this trip and he isn't even going to be there!!! He's the MAN! We love him and we will miss him too!
We, the 3 of us, (Joni, Gordie and me) leave on Sunday 9/21!

Last edited by TinkerChelle; 09-16-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Post some more! Post some more!
TOT is my favorite ride and I am making my 69 yr old mother try it for the first time this upcoming trip...I know...I'm evil!
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
kingLouiethe1
Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasantness, harsh words, legs broken, not talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
TOT is my favorite ride and I am making my 69 yr old mother try it for the first time this upcoming trip...I know...I'm evil!
You are, she should have done something about you when you were in the crib and unable to defend yourself.

I love to read these things! They're my substitute for not going to Disney World, and I take consolation in all the time I spend at Disneyland, but now I'm bummed that with the wedding next year probably won't be the year either

Oh well, at least I have your trip report!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Quote:
You'll have to let us know if she likes it! When I made Joni go on it she nearly lost her lunch. She'll never ride it again. Gordie is also afraid of it although he has never been on it. Chicken!!! Amy and I love this ride and always ride it multiple times. I guess I'll be riding it solo this time. Anyone wanna come ride it with me?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingLouiethe1 View Post
I love to read these things! They're my substitute for not going to Disney World, and I take consolation in all the time I spend at Disneyland, but now I'm bummed that with the wedding next year probably won't be the year either

Oh well, at least I have your trip report!
A big extravagant Disneyland wedding...hmmmm? I REFUSE to feel sorry for you!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

O.K. So, where was I? Oh yeah...our first vacation as DVCers!

Rob and Joni (the parentals) went to Disneyworld for their 25th wedding anniversary in April of this year. It was their first solo Disneyworld trip. They had a blast---I guess, I wasn't there. I have no photos from their trip to post so I guess I'll have to post this one instead:

During their solo trip, they stayed at the Poly. Whenever we all go together we always stay at the Poly. Joni and Gordie are Poly snobs.

Anyway, they return with better news than I could have ever imagined. DVC Points were purchased! Do you want to know the best part?? AKL Kidani Village Points! See, I am actually an AKL snob. How did I luck out? My loving Uncle and Auntie bought points and they are for AKL...this must be a dream! I love them!

They got a groovy deal where they also got developer points for SSR. So, we will be staying at Saratoga Springs resort. I'm not sure how the Poly snobs and the AKL snob will muddle through, but I bet we will find a way.

Last edited by TinkerChelle; 09-16-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

As soon as the DVC paperwork was signed, sealed and delivered-the ressies were made for SSR. We decided not to make any specific room requests and live on the edge and take what we get. Aren't we the adventerous rebels?

Flight arrangements were made. We are flying AirTran from Midway/Chicago to MCO. Our reservations have changed 3 times! They keep switching the times and whether or not we have non-stop flights. Craziness! As of right now (which could change any moment) we arrive at MCO at 11:45 am.

After picking up our luggage and rental car, we will head directly to SUPER TARGET. That's right we are delighted and excited to be going shopping at SUPER TARGET! Breaking from tradition, we are going to pick up necessities and food there before heading to SSR to check-in. Gordon was not very happy with this addition to our itinerary, but we promise to be SUPER QUICK!

Here are the plans for the week!

Sunday 9/21 Magic Kingdom We always ride PoC first~so we will hit this first! You'll be able to spot us at Casey's for a hot dog and in Adventureland eating a Dole Whip Float. OMG! My mouth is watering!

Monday 9/22 Epcot 1:00pm lunch at Garden Grill
EEMH at DHS (which no one in my family will acknowledge~they insist on calling it MGM! Personally, I prefer Disney Hollywood Studios~but that is just me!)

Tuesday 9/23 Magic Kingdom 10:25am breakfast at Crystal Palace Watch out! Here I come Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore! Then that night we will hit MNSSHP and enjoy the party!

Wednesday 9/24 Magic Kingdom Wishes at 8:00pm
9:00pm dinner at Chef Mickey's

Thursday 9/25 Animal Kingdom 4:00pm Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade (I insisted on this parade~Sorry Joni! This is my absolute favorite daytime parade~the music gets me everytime. In fact, the music is on my Ipod and I listen to it everyday!)
Then we will quickly fly... I mean drive (I forget that I am actually NOT Tinkerbell) to the Magic Kingdom for Spectro at 8:00pm. The only time we could squeeze it in. Holy Cow! 2 parades in 1 day....what will Auntie Joni do?

Friday 9/26 Downtown Disney
Evening at Epcot Illuminations at 9:00pm

Saturday 9/27 Magic Kingdom
9:20pm dinner at California Grill

Sunday 9/28 Magic Kingdom We will ride PoC last~as per usual. Unfortunately, there is always a departure day and 9/28 is that day for us. We should be at the airport no later than 4:30pm and should be home by 11:00pm

As you can see we are spending the majority of our time at the Magic Kingdom. This trip IS for Gordon, so we decided to spend alot of time at his favorite place. I really don't have a problem with this~it is the most magical place on Earth!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
kingLouiethe1
Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasantness, harsh words, legs broken, not talking about it.

It sounds like you all are in for such a good time, you're such a nice auntie. I love going to parades and shows, a few weeks ago I went to DL by myself and did nothing but watch the parades and shows all afternoon, and no one was around to say this is boring, I had a blast.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingLouiethe1 View Post
It sounds like you all are in for such a good time, you're such a nice auntie. I love going to parades and shows, a few weeks ago I went to DL by myself and did nothing but watch the parades and shows all afternoon, and no one was around to say this is boring, I had a blast.
Lucky Man! I have never been to DL but hope to some day. The coaster at CA looks super fun. Plus I have to ride the Matterhorn at least once in my life.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Hey! Anybody up for a parade?

Dear God! Someone give Auntie Joni a Dole Whip. She doesn't like the parade! I hope nobody steps on her during Spectro this trip!

I can't wait for that first bite of a Casey's hot dog. Yummo!

Last edited by TinkerChelle; 09-16-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
Cheshire Joni
Now you see me .... Now you don't !

Wink

Oh no you didn't !!!! Broken fingers on the way, and you are no longer able to take ANY pictures of me! Only joking; I really don't hide my feelings very well; do I?

Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #12
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Joni View Post
Oh no you didn't !!!! Broken fingers on the way, and you are no longer able to take ANY pictures of me! Only joking; I really don't hide my feelings very well; do I?
You bet I did!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #13
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Is that you in the middle of the hot dog eating trio??? You look different in every picture I've seen of you....such a chameleon..such a cutie!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #14
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Quote:
Is that you in the middle of the hot dog eating trio??? You look different in every picture I've seen of you....such a chameleon..such a cutie!
Yup that's me. Thanks! It's the hair~it's always changing! I'm a natural blonde~really I am.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:00 AM   #15
Cheshire Joni
Now you see me .... Now you don't !

Natural Blonde !

Auntie Joni can CERTAINLY verify that she's a natural blonde, a very, very, very, very DARK natural blonde.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: